PDA

View Full Version : Onyx Panthe need some change..

windchant
04-05-2012, 09:12 PM
personally i find these cat rather useless.. i mean the requirement to use them was level 18.. and they are cr 20.. which means it will disable your streak...

at 20 not likely you need a fighter hireling to do much.. i really doubt they been any useful in epic..not to mention raid..

so my suggestion are: make this hireling scale to your level. so you could use it from level one... am sure this will bring lot more profit too..

danotmano1998
04-05-2012, 09:30 PM
The cat is a lot of fun.
And probably far more survivable than your average pugger.

Don't touch ma kitty!

Talias006
04-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Just curious as to how long you've held this notion.

Yeah they can kill a streak, but for me, I use the cat for when I go exploring wildernesses or on quests I've already completed once (or more).
And in those cases it doesn't break a streak.

Besides, they are akin to gold seal hires, they're level 20 but you can utilize them at 18.
I don't see the problem with them.

And you can't take hirelings with you on Raids, anyways.

As for increased profit, I have yet to hear them saying they're going to offer the Onyx Panther figurine in the store, so it's still just a bonus for pre-ordering Menace.

windchant
04-05-2012, 10:12 PM
The cat is a lot of fun.
And probably far more survivable than your average pugger.

Don't touch ma kitty!

Just curious as to how long you've held this notion.

Yeah they can kill a streak, but for me, I use the cat for when I go exploring wildernesses or on quests I've already completed once (or more).
And in those cases it doesn't break a streak.

Besides, they are akin to gold seal hires, they're level 20 but you can utilize them at 18.
I don't see the problem with them.

And you can't take hirelings with you on Raids, anyways.

As for increased profit, I have yet to hear them saying they're going to offer the Onyx Panther figurine in the store, so it's still just a bonus for pre-ordering Menace.

for now 20 is end game.. but by june things gonna change.. you think a cr 20 cat been much useful in level 25 content? i really doubt....

hey, its not just my problem~~~ if you guys want the cat to stay cr 20. fine by me~~ not like i need a fighter hireling anywayz

p.s. for your information i just came back for druid.

Dagolar
04-06-2012, 10:35 AM
for now 20 is end game.. but by june things gonna change.. you think a cr 20 cat been much useful in level 25 content? i really doubt....

hey, its not just my problem~~~ if you guys want the cat to stay cr 20. fine by me~~ not like i need a fighter hireling anywayz

p.s. for your information i just came back for druid.

The cats are pretty incredible melee support (for hirelings), with a long list of built in abilities. This, as mentioned, makes them better than many new players just hitting 20.

You're likely right about them not being much use in the new content, though.

And the 18/20 level difference, while true for all hirelings, did cost me 13k xp when someone forgot about it, so I can't say I'm a fan of hireling levels affecting quest xp conditions either.

Zyerz
04-06-2012, 10:49 AM
I use the cat mostly for wilderness... Quite frankly, the cat has a better survival rate than most players I've seen. I was doing a Devils Battlefield Explorer and slayer group. The majority had a hard time keeping up with their own heals and such. (Not to brag, but I'm very self sufficient with heals, and I was doing one side by myself to make the runs quicker) After 3 runs, we all decided to leave. I ran one more by myself and the panther. She didn't get hit much, helped attacking most monsters. She even tanked the Named Pit Fiend! Full run, and she had 400 hp left, I was like :eek:

NytCrawlr
04-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, going to second the "don't touch my kitty!" thing.

Use it a lot on farm runs, when I am feeling brave and wanting to try an epic with just it and myself (or just scroll farming), and as above, they rock in the Battlefield!

xoowak
04-06-2012, 10:56 AM
The cats are great for soloing the cove-style challenges. Leave the cat and a regular FvS hireling to guard the center, and they'll take care of any incomings.

justagame
04-06-2012, 11:01 AM
I think the cats are fine. They work just like a gold seal hireling WRT the ML. I think people just need to be aware of that.