PDA

View Full Version : New 'Total favor' rewards?

dudulinka
04-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Since we have u13 , the total favor that we can get is more then 4000. Maybe we can get new rewards on 3500/4000 favor or only on 4000. A good reward that will make me buy some more adventure packs so I can obtain it. Please share your thoughts and ideas.

Diyon
04-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Since we have u13 , the total favor that we can get is more then 4000. Maybe we can get new rewards on 3500/4000 favor or only on 4000. A good reward that will make me buy some more adventure packs so I can obtain it. Please share your thoughts and ideas.

We did get a new one on 3500. Vet status II.

dudulinka
04-04-2012, 03:26 PM
We did get a new one on 3500. Vet status II.

u are in a mistake... we unlock vet II at 3000 favor.

Diyon
04-04-2012, 06:00 PM
u are in a mistake... we unlock vet II at 3000 favor.

You're right, sorry about that. I wouldn't be opposed to more total favor rewards, I like being able to have guaranteed rewards for doing some things.

dudulinka
04-05-2012, 12:46 AM
yes, will be great if we have reason to play ALL the quests in game.

Komitulek
04-05-2012, 07:25 AM
We do. Prestige.

Not Prestige Enhancements, just the ability to say, "yeah, I've finished every quest up to level X on Elite."

Though I'd not say no to a free (prefferably BtA, not BtC) +3 tome for achieving 3500 total favor :) Even a BtC one would be pretty cool for multiple TR toons, though I don't know how many people would want to get to 3500 six times, even among aspiring completionists.

Turbine should take this seriously too, because it's only VIPs and people who have plenty of DDO Store points to buy quest packs (as in 'bought a lot of TP', cos not many people are going to earn so many TP that they can buy that many packs) that are going to even be able to achieve this favor level, i.e.: the ones paying the salaries.

Mad_ScientistsNH
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Let's be honest, the highest level favor rewards are already not easy to obtain, so they deserve to be very powerful.

So, let's talk about powerful things such as the +4 Tome of Supreme Ability or Lesser Tome of Learning as rewards.

WielderofGigantus
04-05-2012, 07:35 AM
So, let's talk about powerful things such as the +4 Tome of Supreme Ability or Lesser Tome of Learning as rewards.

I could see a +4 Tome as a reward for hitting max favor, but never a +4 Tome of Supreme Ability. Something like that would be worth 5-6k TP.

dudulinka
04-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I could see a +4 Tome as a reward for hitting max favor, but never a +4 Tome of Supreme Ability. Something like that would be worth 5-6k TP.

yes a random +4 tome would be great, similar to the reward we get at 1750 favor. This will cause more TRs and more grinding different quests, 4k favor isn't a joke and it is very time eating job.

Xenostrata
04-06-2012, 01:34 PM
+4 tome? Absolutely not. Waaaaaay too OP for favor, considering it's only a dozen or so quests that will actually be difficult at cap to complete on elite, the rest can just be zerged through easily.

A lesser tome of learning might be pretty cool. I think a better idea would be a greater tome of learning that only lasts through a single TR, so that if you complete the game on one life you can make the next one easier. Added benefit of not being totally useless to people who have bought the CE MotU preorder.

Additional ideas - any reward selection from favor should have a renown reward as well. For the current +2 tome selection, a 5k renown token should be an alternate option. For the hopefully future +3 tome selection (3k/3.5k renown, not sure which) a 15k renown token. For max favor, a suitably high renown token. Meant primarily so that if someone has no need for the tome they can still choose something powerful.

madmaxhunter
04-06-2012, 01:55 PM
+4 tome? Absolutely not. Waaaaaay too OP for favor, considering it's only a dozen or so quests that will actually be difficult at cap to complete on elite, the rest can just be zerged through easily.

A lesser tome of learning might be pretty cool. I think a better idea would be a greater tome of learning that only lasts through a single TR, so that if you complete the game on one life you can make the next one easier. Added benefit of not being totally useless to people who have bought the CE MotU preorder.

Additional ideas - any reward selection from favor should have a renown reward as well. For the current +2 tome selection, a 5k renown token should be an alternate option. For the hopefully future +3 tome selection (3k/3.5k renown, not sure which) a 15k renown token. For max favor, a suitably high renown token. Meant primarily so that if someone has no need for the tome they can still choose something powerful.

+1 for great ideas. +2 tomes are nothing but purified dragonshard trade-ins anymore for me.

dudulinka
04-07-2012, 01:08 AM

U think a +4 tome is hard to obtain? Actually it isn't, maybe too much grind or too much luck but not hard. U just have to make 20, 40, 60... etc etc times NORMAL TOD, which is 10000 times easier then elite/epic ma, elite/epic lob, And im pretty sure u wont make 5 stars in many of the challenges before u make 20 tods. So finding a +4 tome isnt a mater of difficulty atm, its just alot of grinding and MAYBE if u are lucky enough ull pull a +4 in epic dq/von6/elite tod. I personally got +4 str and +4 wis tome for a total of 100+ tod runs. Im not arguing that the reward should be or must be a +4 tome, im explaining to u the difference between hard and grind.

Edit: But im /signed for the idea of the renown token.

ssgcmwatson
04-07-2012, 04:45 PM
How about for 4000 favor:

TR Vet: TR'd toons will can choose to start at lvl 4 (or 5 or 6 - I'm no picky).

Phemt81
04-07-2012, 04:52 PM

You must like pay to win, right? :confused:

I mean, you are basically saying, you prefer to obtain a big reward just by clicking on your credit card instead of dedicating hours and hours of real gameplay...

I find this very very weird.

More players agree with him?

Xenostrata
04-07-2012, 06:30 PM
You must like pay to win, right? :confused:

I mean, you are basically saying, you prefer to obtain a big reward just by clicking on your credit card instead of dedicating hours and hours of real gameplay...

I find this very very weird.

More players agree with him?

...Huh? I never said ANYWHERE that I want +4 tomes to be sold in the store.

Was that meant as a troll or something?

Phemt81
04-07-2012, 06:37 PM
...Huh? I never said ANYWHERE that I want +4 tomes to be sold in the store.

Was that meant as a troll or something?

Oh, i feel really better now knowing i misunderstood you on this:

+4 tome? Absolutely not. Waaaaaay too OP for favor

:)

Although i gotta say that your "for favor" is really implying that you would accept +4 tomes rewards in other way...

Xenostrata
04-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Oh, i feel really better now knowing i misunderstood you on this:

:)

Although i gotta say that your "for favor" is really implying that you would accept +4 tomes rewards in other way...

Yes. Like from ToD, and (hopefully at some point in the future) epic raids.

With the way xp works right now, you can pretty much just run everything once on elite to get to cap. That leaves the raids and the challenges which, while long and in some cases difficult, I think is still too little for your choice of +4 tome. At the moment, you get a low chance of a random tome every 20 ToD completions, which is a significantly longer process (especially when you consider whether you get the tome you are looking for, or if you pull that +4 strength tome as well as your kyosho's and needing to choose one). Personally, I think it's a bit too restrictive, and am open to new ways to get them (see: epic raids). However, one completion of each quest is still too easy imo.

Phemt81
04-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Personally, I think it's a bit too restrictive, and am open to new ways to get them (see: epic raids). However, one completion of each quest is still too easy imo.

Well... maybe epic raid will drop +5 if those will ever exist...

I partecipated epic raids a couple of times with my healer (not my main...) and that looked like pure mayhem to me! I mean it was very very very VERY tough hehe

dudulinka
04-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Yes. Like from ToD, and (hopefully at some point in the future) epic raids.

With the way xp works right now, you can pretty much just run everything once on elite to get to cap. That leaves the raids and the challenges which, while long and in some cases difficult, I think is still too little for your choice of +4 tome. At the moment, you get a low chance of a random tome every 20 ToD completions, which is a significantly longer process (especially when you consider whether you get the tome you are looking for, or if you pull that +4 strength tome as well as your kyosho's and needing to choose one). Personally, I think it's a bit too restrictive, and am open to new ways to get them (see: epic raids). However, one completion of each quest is still too easy imo.

Maybe u are right... but, if the game simply rolls 1d6 to get u a random +4 tome, not a reward list? It gets 'harder' when u have +4 str and +4 int tomes and the game simply rolls 1 or 4 and u get a bound tome that u already have :)) so u tr and start from the beginning. This is an alternative method of the ToD grinding for tomes. So to get full set of +4 tomes u have to tr a total of MINIMUM 6 times and each time u have to grind 4k favor. I wont mention that u may pull tomes that u may already have 5-6-7 times, even more. Now if u need grind this should be the way to go. Because atm the main way to get a +4 tome is just from grinding TOD. Very few ppl got +4 tomes from epic dq/von6 or elite tod, but the chance to pull one is very little. So what im saying is that an alternative method will be cool- not just ToD, im bored and i bet we all are.

EDIT: Again I'm not saying that the 4k favor reward should be a +4 tome, I just advance my theory.

Xynot2
04-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Well, for 1750 you get a +2 tome, why not a true heart of wood at 4000? (self explanatory on all the needs for a "brand new" toon) A lot of people wouldnt wait for 4000 favor but a lot of people would and would need to either be VIP or Premium to get it because they would need to have the adpaks.

dudulinka
04-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Well, for 1750 you get a +2 tome, why not a true heart of wood at 4000? (self explanatory on all the needs for a "brand new" toon) A lot of people wouldnt wait for 4000 favor but a lot of people would and would need to either be VIP or Premium to get it because they would need to have the adpaks.

hmm the idea is bad, because a toon that can get 4k favor can also grind 20 tokens for 2 days MAX, once they hit level 20. Even before level 20 we can farm enough challenge ingredients for some tokens.

Sandpredator
04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I disagree with the better favor rewards since it is so much easier to grind favor now than it was back in the day. You had to run the quest on normal to unlock hard. Then run hard to unlock elite. So every quest was ran a minimum of 3 times. Now you only have to run the quest once if you are a VIP in order to get full favor.

Cyr
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I disagree with the better favor rewards since it is so much easier to grind favor now than it was back in the day. You had to run the quest on normal to unlock hard. Then run hard to unlock elite. So every quest was ran a minimum of 3 times. Now you only have to run the quest once if you are a VIP in order to get full favor.

Only if you were the first person to ever run the quest.

Neouni
04-14-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't like the idea of forcing them to make up something for 4000 favor, I rather wait till they have something good to offer us instead.

dudulinka
04-15-2012, 01:32 AM
I don't like the idea of forcing them to make up something for 4000 favor, I rather wait till they have something good to offer us instead.

We are not forcing anything or anyone, this is Suggestions & Ideas forum.