PDA

View Full Version : Korthos storyline skip

msdesign
04-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Hello

As a happy owner of 5 toons in Ghallanda, I decided to make a new toon on Thelanis yesterday to play with a friend who has some toons there.

I got a bit frustrated when realised I must complete the Korthos storyline AGAIN, in that server, to reach Korthos sunny side and party with my friends already there. I still haven't complete the tutorial yet, so I'm not completely sure if am I going to get some option after it to skip the story arc and go to Stormreach.

If every player has to complete Korthos chain in every single server, here is my suggestion: please allow us to bypass that tutorial and the chain quests, because many veteran players start toons on different servers, and its really a pain to start all over again, specialy the tutorial part. This is already in use when a player creates a new toon on the same server where the other toons are. Maybe it could be a per-account setting instead of per-server setting?

Thank you.

AZgreentea
04-02-2012, 06:31 AM
IIRC if you have reached level four on that server, you are given the option to skip the tutorial.

Bekki
04-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Create one "Throw Away" character... Run through the Tutorial...
Log off.

Take chosen character and "Skip" the tutorial...

Enjoy life on the "Sunny Side"

;)

Bekki
04-02-2012, 06:41 AM
IIRC if you have reached level four on that server, you are given the option to skip the tutorial.

IIRC
I think, Actually only one character needs to run the Tutorial.
You should then be given the option to skip the tutorial.

katana_one
04-02-2012, 06:47 AM
IIRC
I think, Actually only one character needs to run the Tutorial.
You should then be given the option to skip the tutorial.

I believe this is correct. In addition, don't you have the option to skip to sunny side by going to Stormreach and coming back, or am I misremembering that part?

Bekki
04-02-2012, 06:51 AM
I believe this is correct. In addition, don't you have the option to skip to sunny side by going to Stormreach and coming back, or am I misremembering that part?

I think that's correct. Once you skip past the Jeets quest
You should arrive on "Sunny Korthos" you can then run to
The first Mate and go straight to Stormreach.
You will then have the option to skip the tutorial.

msdesign
04-02-2012, 06:54 AM
I rather do the tutorial and listen to the sweet Celimas' voice than do all those storyline quests in-a-row... If I can skip the story after the tutorial, would be great :D

learst
04-02-2012, 07:23 AM
I think the option of skipping the Korthos storyline is only applicable if you unlocked Veteran status. Since it's tied to favour for that server, the option to skip Korthos is only applicable for that server.

So if you want to skip the Korthos storyline on every server,
DDO Store->Veteran Status->Quick Buy
:D

msdesign
04-02-2012, 08:08 AM
(...)

Like everything in DDO, there's always a DDO Store way of solving things... :D

yawumpus
04-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Essentially, you are looking at the remains of the Korthos "gold farmer jail". Originally, you had to pass through misery's peak to have a chance to use the mailbox or interact with users in Stormreach. Since then, Turbine has put an end to gold farming, but lingering effects of the jail remain. How it works:

1. Jeets talks to you. If you have never run through the grotto on this server, you don't have the option to skip it.
1.1 If you run through the grotto, you will end up with a full set of "grotto gear". You will exit on "snowy Korthos".
1.2 If you skip the grotto (on subsequent runs), you will be given a smaller set of "grotto gear". Some things missing are the moldy/rusty weapon, any thieves tools (if applicable, or so it was claimed on the forum), and any starter healing pots. You will have no money, but could hardly buy anything with all the coins in grotto anyway.
2. If you run the grotto you will wind up on snowy Korthos. You will be unable to group or meet with anyone in sunny Korthos.
2.1 You can get to sunny Korthos by taking the ship to Stormreach (and ignoring the dire warnings thereof) and turning right around. You may want to talk to Mara and pick up your bags first.
2.1.1 As there is no bank nor mailbox on Korthos, coming to Stormreach is usually needed to "twink up".
2.2 There is no way to get back to snowy Korthos from sunny Korthos. Anyone wishing to group up should go to sunny Korthos unless you want to only group with true newbies.
2.3 Once you complete Misery's Peak, you will be dumped in sunny Korthos. This was originally the only way there.
2.3.1 In case you haven't heard. If you have a blue bar or will ever have one (rangers and paladins): you want the archivist necklace.
3. If you achieve 4th level and have purchased the veteran unlock or have hit 1000 favor on this server you can skip the first 4 levels (7th level, purchased ultra-veteran and 3000 for 7 levels).
3.1 You get an assortment of gear.
3.1.1 You get an end reward from misery's peak. This does not prevent you from getting another one.
3.1.1.1 The archivist necklace is exclusive. Pick something else or skip misery's peak.
3.1.2 You don't get the waterbreathing ring.
3.2 Korthos has the easiest favor runs in the game (the only easier quests are solo only, thus poor favor). Most of them are coin lord favor. Players who want their inventory rewards tend to run Korthos anyway.
3.2.1 As mentioned above, you only get the highlights of Korthos gear on the airship. Players who want a more complete set (or plenty of bracers of assistance and/or boots of anger) will need to run those quests.
3.3 Can't help you with ultra-veteran. No plans for 3000 favor, nor an unused slot to try it with.

Bekki
04-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I rather do the tutorial and listen to the sweet Celimas' voice than do all those storyline quests in-a-row... If I can skip the story after the tutorial, would be great :D

Sadly no.
You cannot.
The post by Yawumpus gives an outstanding breakdown as to why.

The Devs could always bring back "Trader Skipp" to allow us to do what you'd like.

:p

Bekki
04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
I think the option of skipping the Korthos storyline is only applicable if you unlocked Veteran status. Since it's tied to favour for that server, the option to skip Korthos is only applicable for that server.

Yes, of you have unlocked Veterans Status; (By favor or DDO Store)
You have the option to Skip the Entire Korthos Storyline.

You start in the Harbor at Level 4,
(or Level 7 after the MOTU update if you are VIP or bought the MOTU Expansion)
But you always have the OPTION to voluntarily go through the tutorial if you want.