PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way you can gift a friend the current turbine points deal?

Shanadeus
03-31-2012, 12:24 PM
I heard that they had changed around the system so that you would get a code worth the amount of points you paid for when you buy points in-game, is this the case and if so can one give this code to a friend?

LoveNeverFails
03-31-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't think this is the case. I'm not 100% sure, because i haven't bought points in a while (which will be remedied tomorrow) but i believe the code that people may be talking about would probably be the code for the expansion pack that is coming up, the underdark pack. The purchase of that gives you a code, which you can apply to any account. This code includes DDO points, along with a bunch of other cools stuff.

There are point cards that you can buy for others, but I do not think that they are subject to the triple bonus that is going on. I wanted to post because no one has gotten back to you yet, I'll remember this is here, and post tomorrow after i buy my points if I'm incorrect. :)

ghostrust
03-31-2012, 11:48 PM
you can gift TP to a friend, but if you buy it in game it goes to the account you are logged in on - no point code.
the following link should answer some of your questions:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352915

Gara
04-01-2012, 12:12 AM
I heard that they had changed around the system so that you would get a code worth the amount of points you paid for when you buy points in-game, is this the case and if so can one give this code to a friend?

It sounds like you were hearing about the promotional offer that you can get when preordering the expansion. It gives you a one time opportunity to purchase a 11k point code (separate from the expansion code) that you can apply to any account. This has resulted in numerous threads where people are trading that code for ingame items.

As the current system stands the only way to "gift" TP is through the above or buying turbine point cards from various retailers. You then enter the code provided on whichever account you want. Considering how terrible the prices are on point cards you are better off just buying him/her a preloaded visa debit card of $59.99 and letting them buy the turbine points themselves. You may also consider "gifting" (usually no fee if gifting) the $59.99 via paypal to the person since turbine accepts this payment method.

A few other sources of turbine codes I have seen in the wild.
-Pormotional handouts at the Penny-arcade Expo during the years they attended had 500 free point codes on them.
-Dungeons & Dragons/Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God (http://www.ddo.com/news/1334-dungeons-a-dragons-now-available-on-blu-ray) bluray has a 750 point card (while supplies last)

Anyone know of others?