PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Greensteel decisions.

FrancisP.Fancypants
03-30-2012, 06:06 AM
I've got an arti needs some greensteel, mostly for HP- he's right under 400, and I'd like to get him just over that.

So I've narrowed it down to necklaces, and specifically I'm looking at either Con-Opp or Balance of Land and Sky. In theory I could just make both, but chances are I'll TR after one item.

Most of the bonuses for Balance I could take or leave: what it really comes down to are the HPs and the elemental damage. Has anyone tried it and is it worth making?

Con-opp is fine, and 150 SP over 10 HP isn't something I'd cry over. But I'm not spell-focused, and I absolutely don't need the second tier bonus.

Any opinions? More importantly, have I overlooked something better?

RandomKeypress
03-30-2012, 07:17 AM
I'd go with the Co-op. You don't say what your TR plans are, but if the toon will have a blue bar, the con-op isn't really optional. Don't forget that some hits will trigger healing too - it's a good survivability item.

The balance of land and sky is a guard, if I'm reading this right, and arties don't want to be hit anywhere near often enough for that to be a decent contribution to your DPS.

Most people who want HP go for Min II (HP and heavy fort plus stoneskin clickie) in helm, glove or cloak slot. Neck slot can be swapped some times as the silver flame trinket makes a real difference when dealing with some undead and with beholders, but that's your decision. I went with air guard for my rogue - less ingredients, the trip function is handy and the odd haste is nice, particularly when I remember to use it.

Overall, con-op or min II, depending on whether your future TRs are melee or caster orientated.

HungarianRhapsody
03-30-2012, 07:36 AM
The Torc (http://ddowiki.com/page/Torc_of_Prince_Raiyum-de_II) is a necklace, so you may want to pick a different slot than neck.

I have heard rumors that the Torc and the rune arm that gives you back spell points will have independent procs so that you will get back SP twice as fast. I don't have an Artificer, so I don't know if this is accurate.

Torc/Rune arm Transform Kinetic Energy (http://ddowiki.com/page/Transform_Kinetic_Energy) does stack with Concordant Opposition and I have directly confirmed this myself. Concordant Opposition is hands-down my favorite Greensteel accessory.

If you are planning on TRing, then you'll absolutely want to leave room for your Torc.

wax_on_wax_off
03-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Don't put GS item on necklace for Artificer. Gilvaenor's Necklace from the Arcane Archer ToD set provides a stacking +10% ranged alacrity bonus that stacks with haste. It actually only provides about a 5% boost but it is still a massive DPS boost for an Artificer.

I went with MinII Belt (+6 constitution skills, +45 HP, heavy fortification) for my Artificer and I'll put +150 SP Conc-opp on Boots probably as enjoy the dragonmarked human and hence use Chimera's Crown (for +20 HP). If the character wasn't dragonmarked I'd put Conc-opp on the Helm.

Pank
03-30-2012, 07:50 AM
I'd like to add that for an Arty putting +5 CHA skills on the concop GS item can help a lot with UMD, goos for endgame, and awesome when leveling.

wax_on_wax_off
03-30-2012, 08:15 AM
I'd like to add that for an Arty putting +5 CHA skills on the concop GS item can help a lot with UMD, goos for endgame, and awesome when leveling.

I think it would be overkill, I managed 95% success rate on heal scrolls at level 13 for my Artificer which was complete overkill in terms of HP healed vs HP pool. If I TR'd I'd get +1 UMD so would be at 100%, gear was flexible enough that I could keep that up continuously more or less.

At cap I'll hit the 39 UMD with no UMD gear iirc, can swap things in for level 7-9 scrolls.

FrancisP.Fancypants
03-30-2012, 08:40 AM

Heh, I've got more UMD than I know what to do with. Thought about INT for the disabling boost though.

Hm. I'll admit I'm a lazy player when it comes to grinding gear, so I hadn't bothered thinking about Torcs. And honestly, it's rare that I'm doing anything with my blue bar outside of buffing and healing myself and the occasional BB. But the ToD necklace looks alright, and it wouldn't be too hard to switch my belt slot.

I think Random is right, and I was reading it wrong; balance is a guard, and pretty useless for an arti. And I should probably not deal with crafting before morning coffee.

AylinIsAwesome
03-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Don't put GS item on necklace for Artificer. Gilvaenor's Necklace from the Arcane Archer ToD set provides a stacking +10% ranged alacrity bonus that stacks with haste. It actually only provides about a 5% boost but it is still a massive DPS boost for an Artificer.

I went with MinII Belt (+6 constitution skills, +45 HP, heavy fortification) for my Artificer and I'll put +150 SP Conc-opp on Boots probably as enjoy the dragonmarked human and hence use Chimera's Crown (for +20 HP). If the character wasn't dragonmarked I'd put Conc-opp on the Helm.

I like the Shintao set better. The increase in DPS is nearly the same (they're very close to each other), but the Shintao set increases to-hit as well.

wax_on_wax_off
03-30-2012, 04:56 PM
I like the Shintao set
better. The increase in DPS is nearly the same (they're very close to each other), but the Shintao set increases to-hit as well.

5%>+2, no contest. I might end up using egem/eravens/eclaw which might leave gilvaenors as only source of competence AB +2.