PDA

View Full Version : Well why not?

Qezuzu
03-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Shard of Naming: Sold in DDO store. Combine with a non-named item to customize the name. Works on GS weapons, Cannith Crafted items, Alchemical weapons, loot gen, etc.

Cool hirelings that aren't playable races, like the panther. DDO store only. I would pay to have a Succubus sorcerer, a Kobold Cleric, a Lich wizard, etc. as permanent figurine, or temporary like other hirelings.

Customized colors for spells. DDO store. Who wouldn't like to cast a green Firewall? A neon blue Blade Barrier?

Basically: Fun things that would have no chance of imbalancing the game, would be fun, bought, and appreciated.

Battlehawke
03-29-2012, 01:12 PM
I like it. It would certainly make it a little more personal. In Asherons Call Turbine allowed us a small sentence on every item which could only be removed by the person who wrote it. So if you looted or crafted something great. People knew where it came from, even years later....that would be nice too..

danotmano1998
03-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Shard of Naming: Sold in DDO store. Combine with a non-named item to customize the name. Works on GS weapons, Cannith Crafted items, Alchemical weapons, loot gen, etc.

Cool hirelings that aren't playable races, like the panther. DDO store only. I would pay to have a Succubus sorcerer, a Kobold Cleric, a Lich wizard, etc. as permanent figurine, or temporary like other hirelings.

Customized colors for spells. DDO store. Who wouldn't like to cast a green Firewall? A neon blue Blade Barrier?

Basically: Fun things that would have no chance of imbalancing the game, would be fun, bought, and appreciated.

Heck yeah!

While we're at it give us a color change option we can apply to our armor, shields, helms, etc..
I'd buy that in a hearbeat!!!

/Signed

Alrik_Fassbauer
03-30-2012, 07:47 AM
/Signed, too. Great ideas, imho ! Very creative ! :)

Silverwren
03-30-2012, 01:47 PM

Very nice ideas, except for two things:

"Cool hirelings" and.....
"Fun things that would have no chance of imbalancing the game"

Hirelings have been a "love 'em or leave 'em" item for years now, and they still don't work properly (although they have gotten better AI).

The rest of your suggestion sounds like great fun!

Drakos
03-30-2012, 02:11 PM

In genral I like the idea of naming out crafted loot, unfortunatly I cannot endorse the idea. To much potential for people to abuse the ability and make offensive item names. Think of things like the KKK Club (Drow bane) or some other offensive item name. It would be too hard for Turbin to police the item names, and could affect their game ratting.

/not signed

Ravoc-DDO
03-30-2012, 03:48 PM
/not signed

I don't want DDO to end up becoming some sort of twisted Teletubbies MMO.

bloodnose13
03-30-2012, 04:25 PM
/signed only for the weapon nameing shard, it would be nice

as for pets...... NO pets, tyvm

i would not mind some beast race hirelings to be avalable in game from... lets say house tharask vendor

but please, no fluffy pink happy friendly looking big eyed useless pets, its allready hard to look at all those pets running around behind their masters as it is

BTW turbine please make option to hide all pets on client side.....

Zyerz
03-30-2012, 04:29 PM
/signed

It sounds cool.... Great ideas!

waterboytkd
03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
In genral I like the idea of naming out crafted loot, unfortunatly I cannot endorse the idea. To much potential for people to abuse the ability and make offensive item names. Think of things like the KKK Club (Drow bane) or some other offensive item name. It would be too hard for Turbin to police the item names, and could affect their game ratting.

/not signed

I don't see how it would be any different than policing character names.

As for the OP, /signed.

More fluff customization in this game would only be pleasing for the players, and money for Turbine. Win-win.

lopkon
03-31-2012, 06:33 AM

/signed. Also make it work on bags.

Mastikator
03-31-2012, 06:19 PM
/signed

I can think of a few items I'd spend money give a unique name to.

Quarterling
03-31-2012, 06:24 PM
/signed

Love the naming shard idea.

Missing_Minds
03-31-2012, 06:26 PM
color issues: that would be a new graphic per color. One of the main reasons we don't have the metamagic for swapping energy. Game limitation.

Playable races, like you want to do the panther and sucubus also is primarily a graphic issue due to how the game is designed. A higher up made a very boneheaded decision back when the game was being developed, and the game has been hindered by it ever since.

Would these things be great to happen? oh heck yes. but I doubt we'll see it saddly.

RabidKoala
03-31-2012, 07:27 PM
/signed

would love to be able to name certain weapons.

TekkenDevil
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM

Hell no.