PDA

View Full Version : LFM notification/alert

Dragavon
03-29-2012, 03:32 AM
One thing I would really like to have in DDO is a function that notifies me when an LFM for a quest I want is posted.

Example: I log on a character that I want to do either ToD, Shroud eKween or eVelah on.

Then I select those quests and ask for notification, and as soon as an LFM is posted for any of those I get a dialogue box that says: This LFM posted now, apply to group, Yes/no?

Then I can run some Vale/orchard chests while I wait without missing the LFM I want in on :)

Alrik_Fassbauer
03-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Sounds nice.

/signed

Krago
03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
I am going to be a nuisance with some questions.

Question: Does pop-up only apply when the selected difficulty is selected for a quest?

I want to run ToD, not elite though, but norm just for a completion.

Question: Does pop-up only apply when the selected level range is appropriate?

I want to run Reaver, but for XP, so no lvl 20s please.

Question: Can you apply for more than 1 quest at a time?

I want to run Shroud, ToD, and VoD as I am off timer. Do I automatically apply to all three should the LFMs all appear?

I like the idea as it expands the LFG portion that is woefully under utilized already.

Expalphalog
03-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Perhaps I'm not quite understanding, but this seems fairly useless to me. Why would you not just post your own LFM?

Impaqt
03-29-2012, 05:42 PM
I think this is a pretty great concept and cant imagine it would be too hard to implement.

I am going to be a nuisance with some questions.

Question: Does pop-up only apply when the selected difficulty is selected for a quest?

I want to run ToD, not elite though, but norm just for a completion.

Question: Does pop-up only apply when the selected level range is appropriate?

I want to run Reaver, but for XP, so no lvl 20s please.

Question: Can you apply for more than 1 quest at a time?

I want to run Shroud, ToD, and VoD as I am off timer. Do I automatically apply to all three should the LFMs all appear?

I like the idea as it expands the LFG portion that is woefully under utilized already.

Its a suggestion. Nothing like this would have to be set in stone for a suggestion to be valid. I cant imagine he would want any sort of "Auto Join" happening. You would get notified that the quest has been posted in the LFM Panel. I could see options like "Apply", "open LFM Panel", and Dismiss being options.

Open LFM panel would obviously open the LFM panel where you could see the Difficulty, Level range, and such.

Perhaps I'm not quite understanding, but this seems fairly useless to me. Why would you not just post your own LFM?

Sometimes people just want to run a quest without having to lead it...

I understand its popular on some servers to "Lead" a quest or raid and not actually do any leading.... heck, we have those on Thelanis as well and it always bugs me.