PDA

View Full Version : Cleric First life cleric need advice

Micki
03-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Hello everyone. So, my plan with my first and main toon Thazara is to go through all of the quests elite, more or less on level, for max favor. (I keep holding levels, capped for 17 atm). I will not be TR:ing her, but wish to keep her as a favor and farming toon.

Now, my question is, when I do hit cap, will this toon be strong enough to run some epics? What gear should I be farming for? She is a 32 p build, offensive caster with some melee (but first of all healer). I farmed for the sora kell set some weeks ago, but I'm not sure I want to upgrade, since I might want it for one of the other toons.

Thanks for your advice.

http://my.ddo.com/character/orien/thazara/

morticianjohn
03-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Any cleric is fine for epics if you get a decent group. If you want to be more than a healbot it will take some practice though.

As far as gear run elite DQ every three days (looking for torc). Do shroud whenever possible a conc op GS item could help.

Sora kell is ok at lvl 17 if you use the +2 to hit and have upgraded them to +6 stat bonuses. You should be looking to upgrade however. Minos Legens is great on just about any toon. The gear from house C is good (fabricators, magewright's and other sets) and it's easy to farm and upgrade so a very small grind compared with the raid loot.

morticianjohn
03-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Since you are odd on many stats Wis, str, CHA. Then you should either upgrade your set to +6 stats or give the set to another toon and get +6 stats from the AH.

AylinIsAwesome
03-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Knowing what stats you started with and the feats you've taken would help much more than the my.DDO link (besides checking your current gear and race, it doesn't give a lot of information).

I'm guessing though from the +5 CON ring and the 19 CON showing that you started with 12 CON + 2 Tome + 5 item?

You'll be looking at 447 HP if that's the case, which should be enough (being Human for an extra +20 +1 feat would have been a little better though). My FvS has 487, which I've found is enough (I don't always even remember to swap back to my Toughness item).

120 CON
160 Cleric Levels
20 Heroic Durability
22 Toughness
10 Draconic Vitality
20 Toughness Enhancements
20 Toughness Item <---easiest to get is Minos Legens from Necro 4
30 Greater False Life
45 Shroud HP item

For gear that you should be farming:

Torc from Against the Demon Queen
2 rings from Tower of Despair (if you're a caster then slot with +2 exceptional WIS and +2 exceptional CON). Try to get rings that give you +1 exceptional WIS and CON too if they would give you another bracket.
Greenblade of Skiver, from Against the Demon Queen or Necro 4 quests.

If you're going for the max DC possible, then you'll want the best WIS possible for a first life Cleric:

18 base
5 level-ups
4 tome <---ToD, eVON6, eADQ2
7 WIS item <---eVON6
3 exceptional <---ToD, various epic items with slots
3 enhancements
1 Litany of the Dead <---Accursed Accession (finding a good group to do this raid with is very important if you plan on this item!)
1 human <---another reason to have gone Human, unfortunately
2 Alchemical <---Lord of Blades raid
=44

Since you're not Human, dropping the +4 tome to a +3, or dropping Litany or a +1 exceptional would be ok for 42 total, not buffs (+2 ship, +2 Yugo pot, abashai cookies, ect).

Other gear that I suggest:

+45 HP item* <---Shroud crafting (I made mine in the cloak slot, but many people like epic Envenomed Cloak instead here
+150 SP item* <---Shroud crafting (I made mine in the bracers slot, but because of that new bracers from HoX you might not want to. Goggles or gloves might be ok if you want the bracers)
Greenblade <---Gives Greater Arcane Lore, from Against the Demon Queen
Greater Evocation and Necromany Focus items <---Mine are Regalia of the Phoenix and Death's Touch (both upgrade), both from the Mindsunder chain
Archmagi item <---There are a couple of epic trinkets that have this. Maybe some other stuff as well, not sure where it would be though
+6 CON/GFL belt <---There are two of these belts in Shavarath. Soloing in there is pretty easy on a divine (blade barrier = win) and the belts are great
Superior Ardor 8 belts <---There are two of these as well, both in Shavarath again. Each one has 9 minutes of +75% to your level 8 and lower healing spells.
Superior Potency 6 item <---Bonus to Blade Barrier. Random drops have it often enough. Can't remember if it's craftable or not.

*: If I was crafting them again I would do this:
Mineral 2 Cloak:
Tier 1: Good (Wizardry 6, +1 CHA skills)
Tier 2: Earth (+15 HP)
Tier 3: Earth (+20 HP)
Also gives 100% Fort

Con-Op Bracers:
Tier 1: Negative (+10 HP)
Tier 2: Good (+100 SP)
Tier 3: Good (+150 SP)
Also gives chance of getting SP or temp HP on being hit

And if you're absolutely crazy, these two things:

Flametouched Iron Alchemical Tower shield:
Tier 1: Mystical Water (+50% on Mass Heal, Freezing Ice Guard)
Tier 2: Martial Water (+2 alchemical WIS) <---stacks with everything!
Tier 3: Optional. I would go with Mystical Earth or Fire though if possible.

Silver Alchemical Longsword:
Tier 1: Mystical/Martial Earth (Another guard effect/on-hit effect)
Tier 2: Mystical Fire (Major Radiance Lore, Major Fire Lore if you ever cast Flamestrike/Firestorm)
Tier 3: Optional. Mystical Earth or Fire (what the shield isn't).

What are your feats?

Toughness, Empower Healing, Maximize, Quicken, Heighten are needed for offensive casting. Empower is also highly recommended.

That leaves one open. I like Shield Mastery for the 20% physical Damage Reduction, though you may prefer Spell Focus: Evocation or Necromancy.

As for if you'll be strong enough to do epics...

You should be after you get the Shroud items, +6 CON, GFL, Toughness item, and the +75% ardor belts, at least for the easier ones, and harder ones if you're in a group that knows what they are doing. Getting a torc would let you run harder ones without the best group (shield mastery + tower shield + torc = near limitless SP).

eVON6 is fairly easy past the island part (especially if your group has 3 divines).
eADQ2 is a bit harder, so I would look for a competent group to run it with, but you should be fine here as well.
eLoB I haven't really been able to run (school takes priority, and the raid is long), but with Wand and Scroll Mastery 2/3 and stacks of heal scrolls you should be ok. Definitely want a good group for this one though.

I hope that answers your questions.

Micki
03-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Thanks guys for your replies. Good stuff.

Knowing what stats you started with and the feats you've taken would help much more than the my.DDO link (besides checking your current gear and race, it doesn't give a lot of information).

I did a greater reincarnate at lvl 12 (asked for help in this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=357590) and here are my starting stats + tomes:

str 14
dex 10
con 12 +2 tome
int 12
wis 18 +1 tome + level ups
cha 8 +2 tome

Will be adding/reading more +2 tomes after I find some :) (have yet to do any quest above 14, and haven't found too many tomes)

Feats are: Toughness, Empower heal, Empower spell, Maximize, Quicken, Spell Penn and Heighten (will be getting heighten last).

Enhancements I've so far mostly gotten the ones suggested here http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4256687&postcount=40 except I got some extra turns.

AylinIsAwesome
03-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks guys for your replies. Good stuff.

I did a greater reincarnate at lvl 12 (asked for help in this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=357590) and here are my starting stats + tomes:

str 14
dex 10
con 12 +2 tome
int 12
wis 18 +1 tome + level ups
cha 8 +2 tome

Will be adding/reading more +2 tomes after I find some :) (have yet to do any quest above 14, and haven't found too many tomes)

I've had the most luck pulling Tomes (+2) out of the Mindsunder quests. Plus the items out of that pack have a high base value, so you could probably run that for a couple days (and selling the items to a broker) just buy a +2 tome. Some of them you might get more money for on the AH, but I'm not an expert on the economy (which does result in me being poor).

Feats are: Toughness, Empower heal, Empower spell, Maximize, Quicken, Spell Penn and Heighten (will be getting heighten last).

Looks fine.

Enhancements I've so far mostly gotten the ones suggested here http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4256687&postcount=40 except I got some extra turns.

I don't see the need for Prayer of Life 2/3 or Prayer of Incredible Life 2. If you need the heal spells to crit then whenever they don't crit you're not healing enough so people die. On the other hand, if you don't need them to crit, then when they do crit it's just overhealing mainly. If the first levels of each weren't required for Radiant Servant I would say to never take any of those enhancements at all. Instead of that, I'd put the points into Smiting crits instead (better Divine Punishment).

Micki
03-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I've had the most luck pulling Tomes (+2) out of the Mindsunder quests. Plus the items out of that pack have a high base value, so you could probably run that for a couple days (and selling the items to a broker) just buy a +2 tome. Some of them you might get more money for on the AH, but I'm not an expert on the economy (which does result in me being poor).

:) Alright. I've pulled four tomes so far, two +1 (wis and con) and two +2 (cha & con). And if I remember correctly I've only played one lvl 14 quest yet. Since I'm going through all quests I get a lot of loot and I put a lot of stuff up on AH. :) Slowly reaching a point where I can afford 100+ scrolls of heal :) but not enough to buy tomes at AH.

I don't see the need for Prayer of Life 2/3 or Prayer of Incredible Life 2. If you need the heal spells to crit then whenever they don't crit you're not healing enough so people die. On the other hand, if you don't need them to crit, then when they do crit it's just overhealing mainly. If the first levels of each weren't required for Radiant Servant I would say to never take any of those enhancements at all. Instead of that, I'd put the points into Smiting crits instead (better Divine Punishment).

Interesting. My heal with empower heal is 400+hp atm for 50 sp. I have taken smiting enhancements. I think I should redo my enhancements at some point, and leave out at least Valenar Elf Melee Damage, since I really don't see any need for it. I have 8 turns atm and that is just enough to keep the aura going + throw some bursts (started at 4, I think).

:) But, yeah, so it's my understanding I won't be getting any better gear until I hit those higher level quests. It's be a while still :)

AylinIsAwesome
03-27-2012, 06:41 PM
:) Alright. I've pulled four tomes so far, two +1 (wis and con) and two +2 (cha & con). And if I remember correctly I've only played one lvl 14 quest yet. Since I'm going through all quests I get a lot of loot and I put a lot of stuff up on AH. :) Slowly reaching a point where I can afford 100+ scrolls of heal :) but not enough to buy tomes at AH.

For money I usually go solo Sins of Attrition. It's really easy with Blade Barrier, and with all the chests you should make several K plat per run. Plus there's the chance for boot ingredients or Shroud ingredients there, which is always nice.

Interesting. My heal with empower heal is 400+hp atm for 50 sp. I have taken smiting enhancements. I think I should redo my enhancements at some point, and leave out at least Valenar Elf Melee Damage, since I really don't see any need for it. I have 8 turns atm and that is just enough to keep the aura going + throw some bursts (started at 4, I think).

:) But, yeah, so it's my understanding I won't be getting any better gear until I hit those higher level quests. It's be a while still :)

400 HP for Heal is fine. Mine hits for around 320 (no Empower Heal on my FvS). In the end with a Superior Ardor 6 (or above) clickie your Heal should hit for ~564 on people without healing amp. Your Mass Heal should hit for around 430 as well.

Micki
03-28-2012, 12:40 AM
For money I usually go solo Sins of Attrition. It's really easy with Blade Barrier, and with all the chests you should make several K plat per run. Plus there's the chance for boot ingredients or Shroud ingredients there, which is always nice.

:) Alright. I'm not expecting to have too much plat problems when I hit those higher levels. I started this thread because I was wondering if Thaz will be able to run epics on cap, and if I should start looking for gear. :) But all in good time. A few levels back when I started buying heal and res scrolls I was broke all the time... now I have about 50k in the shared bank and 20k in the backpack, about 100 heal scrolls, 20 mass cure med, 10 raise and 10 res scrolls. I have run out of scrolls in some quests with weak players.

400 HP for Heal is fine. Mine hits for around 320 (no Empower Heal on my FvS). In the end with a Superior Ardor 6 (or above) clickie your Heal should hit for ~564 on people without healing amp. Your Mass Heal should hit for around 430 as well.

:) Ok. Good to know.

Micki
03-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Question. When I made my char I didn't pick alignment, but used default which was Lawful Good. I'm thinking, would it be a good idea for me to change the alignment to true neutral?

Jsbeer
03-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Question. When I made my char I didn't pick alignment, but used default which was Lawful Good. I'm thinking, would it be a good idea for me to change the alignment to true neutral?

True Neutral is a better choice than Lawful Good endgame just to avoid damage from alignment based spells/attacks and the negative levels form some items. Still unless you are VIP, if you haven't got all the packs you want those are probably a higher priority.

Micki
03-29-2012, 01:19 AM
True Neutral is a better choice than Lawful Good endgame just to avoid damage from alignment based spells/attacks and the negative levels form some items. Still unless you are VIP, if you haven't got all the packs you want those are probably a higher priority.

:) I am VIP, so, I might consider the change a little later on.

Another question. I chose spell penn as my 6th feat, since I couldn't decide on what spell focus to get. Do I have any use of the spell penn feat, or should I be thinking of changing it for spell focus?

morticianjohn
03-29-2012, 09:23 AM

Another question. I chose spell penn as my 6th feat, since I couldn't decide on what spell focus to get. Do I have any use of the spell penn feat, or should I be thinking of changing it for spell focus?

I think spell focus evocation would be a better selection than spell pen.

Evocation because it affects these spells

Blade barrier (not subject to spell pen)
Implosion (enemies with spell resistance will prevent you from casting this on them due to your low spell pen but that isn't something you're likely to fix with one spell pen feat)

which are IMO two of the most powerful divine caster spells

AylinIsAwesome
03-29-2012, 10:19 AM

Spell penetration helps you land these spells at cap:

Destruction (also Slay Living but I don't use that spell anymore because of the super-short range)
Implosion
Energy Drain

Based on my playstyle I generally go for direct damage more than instant-killing, and thus I prefer the Spell Focus: Evocation feats.

If you plan on using the three spells I mentioned often, then Spell Pen will give you some benefit. However, as morticianjohn said, most things either have very little spell resistance (if any), or spell resistance in the 40s.

Note that Destruction and Slay Living are Necromancy spells with Fort saves, and that Implosion is an Evocation spell with a Fort save. Energy Drain has no save.

From my experience, except for Epic Drow and a few other things, I haven't had much need for spell pen (I even dropped all my spell pen enhancements so I could max out the smiting lines).

Micki
04-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Current gear at lvl 17:

Armor: Garments of Equilibrium (heavy fort, concentration +13)
Necklace: Silver Flame Talisman (deathblock on all the time + neg energy absorb)
Arms: Armored bracers +6
Head: Teraza's sight
Feet: Boots of feather fall, balance +10 (swap to striding +30 when I don't need the feather fall)
Hands: Maenya's fists
Belt: Greater false life +30hp
Cloak: Mantle of the Worldshaper
Rings: Health+5, katra's wit
Goggles: Goggles of Time-Sensing (for haste)
Trinket: Voice of the Master for DM Vision or Glob of Imperial Blood

I'm running lvl 15 quests atm, just got flagged for Abbot and Reaver's (flagged for VON, Twilight Forge and DQ already some time ago) and I'm now gonna farm (+ trade/buy) blue dragon scales for the robe. Apparently it's the best armor a caster cleric can have? But, it means I have to swap out my false life belt for heavy fort (got belts, no ring). I haven't upgraded the sora kell yet, but I guess I should, at least Teraza's? I can quite easily farm for a second set for another char later on (next divine will be a fvs).

:) Unlike a lot of players, I've been taking a lot of time leveling, since I'm collecting favor, farming and raid flagging on level, to allow others bravery. I keep getting level capped for xp, soon capped for 19. :)

axel15810
04-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Current gear at lvl 17:

Armor: Garments of Equilibrium (heavy fort, concentration +13)
Necklace: Silver Flame Talisman (deathblock on all the time + neg energy absorb)
Arms: Armored bracers +6
Head: Teraza's sight
Feet: Boots of feather fall, balance +10 (swap to striding +30 when I don't need the feather fall)
Hands: Maenya's fists
Belt: Greater false life +30hp
Cloak: Mantle of the Worldshaper
Rings: Health+5, katra's wit
Goggles: Goggles of Time-Sensing (for haste)
Trinket: Voice of the Master for DM Vision or Glob of Imperial Blood

I'm running lvl 15 quests atm, just got flagged for Abbot and Reaver's (flagged for VON and DQ already some time ago) and I'm now gonna farm (+ trade/buy) blue dragon scales for the robe. Apparently it's the best armor a caster cleric can have? But, it means I have to swap out my false life belt for heavy fort (got belts, no ring). I haven't upgraded the sora kell yet, but I guess I should, at least Teraza's? I can quite easily farm for a second set for another char later on (next divine will be a fvs).

:) Unlike a lot of players, I've been taking a lot of time leveling, since I'm collecting favor, farming and raid flagging on level, to allow others bravery. I keep getting level capped for xp, soon capped for 19. :)

Some good items I'd recommend at your level for now that will be cheap and/or fairly easy to get - Minos Legens (heavy fort + 20 stacking hp...a lot people will give away tapestries for it), token of the faithful (+2 turns, can probably buy for pretty cheap from AU or you can farm it from delera's pack), scepter of healing (for raids and other times when you healbot, it has greater healing lore and devotion), spectral gloves (if you melee, +2 to hit and ghost touch). Also if you want to grind a little more dragontouched armor is really good...3 customizable tiers.

But as for the really really good gear at endgame...all of that you will get from farming raids like HoX, shroud, ToD, ect. and epics.

Micki
04-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Some good items I'd recommend at your level for now that will be cheap and/or fairly easy to get - Minos Legens (heavy fort + 20 stacking hp...a lot people will give away tapestries for it), token of the faithful (+2 turns, can probably buy for pretty cheap from AU or you can farm it from delera's pack), scepter of healing (for raids and other times when you healbot, it has greater healing lore and devotion), spectral gloves (if you melee, +2 to hit and ghost touch). Also if you want to grind a little more dragontouched armor is really good...3 customizable tiers.

But as for the really really good gear at endgame...all of that you will get from farming raids like HoX, shroud, ToD, ect. and epics.

Minos legends goes on the head, so I'd lose Teraza's sight and Sora Kell for it. You saying it's worth it?
Token of the faithful seems like a nice trinket, yes, could easily get that one.
Scepter of healing seems very unnecessary since my heals atm are with ardor VI are just under 600 hp. Haven't checked my mass heal yet.
Spectral gloves also seem nice, but again means losing sora kell. http://ddowiki.com/page/Wrath_of_Sora_Kell#Wrath_of_Sora_Kell
Dragontouched armor seems nice, but I'd say blue dragonscale armor is better? http://ddowiki.com/page/Blue_Dragonscale_Robe

But yes, I hear you on not getting really good gear until the higher level raids. Slowly getting there :) Sorta wish I had not made my toon an elf, but I've put months of work into this toon already, so this will be my current end game toon, for better or for worse.

SirValentine
04-13-2012, 07:30 AM

I feel there's 3 types of mobs in regards to spell resistance:

1. Those with very little or none, so your spell pen doesn't matter. Quite a few mobs fit this. Here, you just care about DC, and get to use your full array of offensive spells.

2. Those with so much that your spell pen doesn't matter. A few, but not too many. E.g., Epic Drow. Much more irritating to deal with. Either leave them to the arcane if you have one in your group, or use something like Cometfall for CC, since it bypasses SR, or just heal DPS through wearing down their HP.

3. Those with a medium amount, where every extra point of spell pen increases your chance of landing spells against them. E.g., various devils, among others. With enough Spell Pen, this category almost becomes category 1, and with little enough, category 3.

So Spell Pen is a reasonable choice, to help you against category 3 mobs. But skipping out on improving your spell penetration is a valid choice, you just have to lump all the category 3 mobs in with the category 2.

Also, good offensive spells for divines are scattered across several schools. So, personally, I prefer Spell Pen to Spell Focus.

But I wouldn't say Spell Focus is a bad choice; it's not. Then the question is which one. I find I use Necro as much as Evo, with a fair bit of Enchant and Conj, too, and a bit of Abjur.

Micki
04-13-2012, 08:54 AM
I feel there's 3 types of mobs in regards to spell resistance:

1. Those with very little or none, so your spell pen doesn't matter. Quite a few mobs fit this. Here, you just care about DC, and get to use your full array of offensive spells.

2. Those with so much that your spell pen doesn't matter. A few, but not too many. E.g., Epic Drow. Much more irritating to deal with. Either leave them to the arcane if you have one in your group, or use something like Cometfall for CC, since it bypasses SR, or just heal DPS through wearing down their HP.

3. Those with a medium amount, where every extra point of spell pen increases your chance of landing spells against them. E.g., various devils, among others. With enough Spell Pen, this category almost becomes category 1, and with little enough, category 3.

So Spell Pen is a reasonable choice, to help you against category 3 mobs. But skipping out on improving your spell penetration is a valid choice, you just have to lump all the category 3 mobs in with the category 2.

Also, good offensive spells for divines are scattered across several schools. So, personally, I prefer Spell Pen to Spell Focus.

But I wouldn't say Spell Focus is a bad choice; it's not. Then the question is which one. I find I use Necro as much as Evo, with a fair bit of Enchant and Conj, too, and a bit of Abjur.

Ty :) I did, though, already decide to change spell penn for spell focus: evo (changed it at lvl 15). I have been using necro spells more of late, but bb and dp are still my most used ones, bb for just about everything and maxed, buffed dp for bosses. But, as I guess you know, I haven't done any quests above 15 yet, so I have no experience in those quests. I have though done some nice damage with banishment (insta kills on mephits, some elementals, some abshai - e.g. the flying ones in chrono), destruction (insta kills on e.g. giants), harm and slay living. Symbol of death is also nice :) I'm leaving implosion for lvl 18, since I felt that true resurrection and mass heal were more important on this level.

axel15810
04-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Minos legends goes on the head, so I'd lose Teraza's sight and Sora Kell for it. You saying it's worth it?
Token of the faithful seems like a nice trinket, yes, could easily get that one.
Scepter of healing seems very unnecessary since my heals atm are with ardor VI are just under 600 hp. Haven't checked my mass heal yet.
Spectral gloves also seem nice, but again means losing sora kell. http://ddowiki.com/page/Wrath_of_Sora_Kell#Wrath_of_Sora_Kell
Dragontouched armor seems nice, but I'd say blue dragonscale armor is better? http://ddowiki.com/page/Blue_Dragonscale_Robe

But yes, I hear you on not getting really good gear until the higher level raids. Slowly getting there :) Sorta wish I had not made my toon an elf, but I've put months of work into this toon already, so this will be my current end game toon, for better or for worse.

Don't worry about sora kell, it's not that good for a cleric IMO. All it really gives you is +2 to hit and +2 damage. And it looks like you're mainly a caster cleric so it is doing almost nothing for you. Even if you were a battle cleric it takes up way too many slots to be worth it considering all the options you have at lvl 17. Greater potency effect from the set doesn't stack, so by dropping it your healing won't be affected assuming you are boosting your healing with superior ardor VI clickies. If you're worried about boosting blade barrier use a superior potency VI item. It will boost it more than the set will. Also you should be using a superior brilliance V clicky to boost your divine punishment for boss fights. If you don't have one just get the essences and have someone craft a shard for you, the essences are easy to get.

Also ditch your bracers...the AC isn't doing you any good at this point. And make sure you have +6 wisdom, +6 con item, greater false life (or at least improved false life), +6 cha all still fit into your gear as well. Add +6 Strength to that if you melee. If you can manage it +6 dex (for better reflex saves) is great to have on too.

As for the armor...I'd go dragontouched all the way. So many more options. And you can get a +3 spell penetration as opposed to the +2 on the dragonscale if you want it. The arcane lore on the armor you listed is really good for better crits, but IMO having that as the only real benefit is not enough to take up your entire armor slot. You could maybe consider swapping to it during boss fights.

And as for the scepter of healing...you'll want it for raids where you'll basically be forced to play healbot and won't be offensive casting or meleeing. You'll want to use it until you can craft something better later. And if you can fit it into one of your hands you may want to keep it on all the time for better aura crits and heal crits although it's definitely not essential to have equipped on regular quests.

Micki
04-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Don't worry about sora kell, it's not that good for a cleric IMO. All it really gives you is +2 to hit and +2 damage. And it looks like you're mainly a caster cleric so it is doing almost nothing for you. Even if you were a battle cleric it takes up way too many slots to be worth it considering all the options you have at lvl 17. Greater potency effect from the set doesn't stack, so by dropping it your healing won't be affected assuming you are boosting your healing with superior ardor VI clickies. If you're worried about boosting blade barrier use a superior potency VI item. It will boost it more than the set will. Also you should be using a superior brilliance V clicky to boost your divine punishment for boss fights. If you don't have one just get the essences and have someone craft a shard for you, the essences are easy to get.

Yes, caster cleric. Alright, I was just told that it's the best set at lvl 12... and that Teraza's worth upgrading. I have 2 superior potency VI clickies, several Efficiency VI and 2 brilliance V (self crafted, got crafting lvl 32). I have, though, not seen any superior potency VI items, except the sora kell of yet.

Also ditch your bracers...the AC isn't doing you any good at this point. And make sure you have +6 wisdom, +6 con item, greater false life (or at least improved false life), +6 cha all still fit into your gear as well. Add +6 Strength to that if you melee. If you can manage it +6 dex (for better reflex saves) is great to have on too.

I haven't found any better bracer's yet, why I'm using those. :) And yes, ok. But upgraded Teraza's would be wis+6? And yes, I do some melee, especially if soloing, or when running quest on normal and I'm able to hit more than get hit.

As for the armor...I'd go dragontouched all the way. So many more options. And you can get a +3 spell penetration as opposed to the +2 on the dragonscale if you want it. The arcane lore on the armor you listed is really good for better crits, but IMO having that as the only real benefit is not enough to take up your entire armor slot. You could maybe consider swapping to it during boss fights.

So, you're saying farming for scales is a waste of time?

And as for the scepter of healing...you'll want it for raids where you'll basically be forced to play healbot and won't be offensive casting or meleeing. You'll want to use it until you can craft something better later. And if you can fit it into one of your hands you may want to keep it on all the time for better aura crits and heal crits although it's definitely not essential to have equipped on regular quests.

Hmm. Ok.

SirValentine
04-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm leaving implosion for lvl 18, since I felt that true resurrection and mass heal were more important on this level.

But...but...

You're a Cleric, so you can swap those out at every tavern and shrine. You don't have to lock in to just those two all the time.

Certainly there are places where Mass Heal is the best thing to cast.

I don't see True Resurection as that important myself. Resurrection, instead of just Raise Dead, yes, so people don't instantly die again. But I'd have Implosion, or Energy Drain, before True Resurrection.

(Heck, I'd have both Implosion AND Energy Drain, except when I needed to swap in Mass Heal for raid healing.)

SirValentine
04-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Alright, I was just told that it's the best set at lvl 12... and that Teraza's worth upgrading.

It's a decent set for mid-levels, but I wouldn't consider it as anything more than a stepping stone to better stuff.

I have, though, not seen any superior potency VI items, except the sora kell of yet.

Superior Potency VI drops as randomly-generated items, usually with a minimum level of 14. Try checking your server Auction House or brokers, or just asking around. I forget which server you are on, but if it's G-Land, I'll give you one for free. They are not hard to find.

There's also several nice named items that include Superior Potency VI along with other stuff.

I really have to disagree with the other advice. Suggesting GETTING a Greater HEALING Lore item, but rejecting getting a Greater ARCANE Lore item? The other way around, for me.

The Arcane Lore will give you all the same healing (including aura) crits, and ALSO give you beautiful Divine Punishment and Blade Barrier crits.

Blue Dragonscale is pretty nice; plenty of people continue to use it at endgame. I personally don't use my Blue armor anymore, but only because I picked up some nice Epic armor and could move the Lore to another slot. And, though Blue is a grind to get, getting your ideal Dragontouched Armor is a huge grind, too.

axel15810
04-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes, caster cleric. Alright, I was just told that it's the best set at lvl 12... and that Teraza's worth upgrading. I have 2 superior potency VI clickies, several Efficiency VI and 2 brilliance V (self crafted, got crafting lvl 32). I have, though, not seen any superior potency VI items, except the sora kell of yet.

I haven't found any better bracer's yet, why I'm using those. :) And yes, ok. But upgraded Teraza's would be wis+6? And yes, I do some melee, especially if soloing, or when running quest on normal and I'm able to hit more than get hit.

Hmm. Ok.

The sora kell set actually gives greater potency, not superior. So it is only 40%. Superior potency vi item will give you 50% so it's an upgrade. Check the auction house, they are common. You should be able to get one for less than 10k plat. And superior ardor VI will give you +75% to your healing spells. It's common as well. Both of those are an upgrade over the sora kell. Personally I don't use superior efficacy. And yeah the sora kell set is the best at lvl 12-14ish...but at 17 there is definitely better gear you can get.

The bracers is a tough spot to fill. You can use it for STR +6 if you want it for meleeing and encumbrance. As for what you have now...the thing is increasing your armor class doesn't do any good at endgame unless you get it atleast over 50 or so. Also I don't own all packs so someone else may be able to fill you in on something easy to get right now at this spot. I believe I used it as a clicky spot until I got something better from raiding.

And yeah personally I'd rather have dragontouched over blue dragon scale. But it all depends on how you want to play your cleric. I wouldn't say one or the other is necessarily better. I like dragontouched on my cleric for 30% healing amp and stoneskin guard for improved self aura healing and survivability. But it's up to you, if you'd prefer the dragonscale go for it. But I wouldn't use it, that's just me. Clerics can be played in many ways.

And definitely upgrade that brilliance V to superior brilliance V for your divine punishment. Once you get the essences you need throw up an LFM asking someone to craft it for you. There are lots of nice crafters out there who will help you out.

Good luck hope I helped. Have fun.

axel15810
04-13-2012, 06:30 PM
It's a decent set for mid-levels, but I wouldn't consider it as anything more than a stepping stone to better stuff.

I really have to disagree with the other advice. Suggesting GETTING a Greater HEALING Lore item, but rejecting getting a Greater ARCANE Lore item? The other way around, for me.

No, I never rejected getting arcane lore. Not sure where you interpreted that. Arcane lore is great and obviously better than healing lore. I was just trying to list gear for the OP that was easy to get, and arcane lore is not easy to get on a weapon. Yeah you can get it on some armor, but it isn't worth it to me personally because it takes up the entire armor slot. But like I said in my prior post...you can equip a cleric in different ways. I give my survivability higher priority than spell crits but I wouldn't say either way is better. It just depends how you want to play.

But OP you can also grind something like the skiver and fit in both.

Micki
04-13-2012, 07:37 PM
But...but...

You're a Cleric, so you can swap those out at every tavern and shrine. You don't have to lock in to just those two all the time.

Certainly there are places where Mass Heal is the best thing to cast.

I don't see True Resurection as that important myself. Resurrection, instead of just Raise Dead, yes, so people don't instantly die again. But I'd have Implosion, or Energy Drain, before True Resurrection.

(Heck, I'd have both Implosion AND Energy Drain, except when I needed to swap in Mass Heal for raid healing.)

:) You're right. But I do tend to run 1. quests that I don't know on elite and 2. with parties I don't know, so I like to be prepared for what ever. I agree that I probably don't need mass heal except for some raids, but I do like true ressurection. :) Like I maybe said, it allows me to ignore that toon for a few seconds after raise, and concentrate on the rest of the party... and myself, which I tend to forget.

I didn't stay on lvl 17 for too long, just leveled to 18, after running all lvl 15's, except Harbinger final.

:) Alright.

Superior Potency VI drops as randomly-generated items, usually with a minimum level of 14. Try checking your server Auction House or brokers, or just asking around. I forget which server you are on, but if it's G-Land, I'll give you one for free. They are not hard to find.

There's also several nice named items that include Superior Potency VI along with other stuff.

:) Thanks. I got a superior potency VI weapon today as a matter of fact. And I'm on Orien.

The Arcane Lore will give you all the same healing (including aura) crits, and ALSO give you beautiful Divine Punishment and Blade Barrier crits.

Blue Dragonscale is pretty nice; plenty of people continue to use it at endgame. I personally don't use my Blue armor anymore, but only because I picked up some nice Epic armor and could move the Lore to another slot. And, though Blue is a grind to get, getting your ideal Dragontouched Armor is a huge grind, too.

:) I like the blue dragonscale one, and I had planned to farm for it

Micki
04-13-2012, 07:37 PM
The sora kell set actually gives greater potency, not superior. So it is only 40%. Superior potency vi item will give you 50% so it's an upgrade. Check the auction house, they are common. You should be able to get one for less than 10k plat. And superior ardor VI will give you +75% to your healing spells. It's common as well. Both of those are an upgrade over the sora kell. Personally I don't use superior efficacy. And yeah the sora kell set is the best at lvl 12-14ish...but at 17 there is definitely better gear you can get.

:) Alright, so sora kell is out. I'm not gonna upgrade, then, but save it for a future fvs.

The bracers is a tough spot to fill. You can use it for STR +6 if you want it for meleeing and encumbrance. As for what you have now...the thing is increasing your armor class doesn't do any good at endgame unless you get it atleast over 50 or so. Also I don't own all packs so someone else may be able to fill you in on something easy to get right now at this spot. I believe I used it as a clicky spot until I got something better from raiding.

:) Yes, ok. I'll see what I can find. A divine power clicky wouldn't be half bad.

And yeah personally I'd rather have dragontouched over blue dragon scale. But it all depends on how you want to play your cleric. I wouldn't say one or the other is necessarily better. I like dragontouched on my cleric for 30% healing amp and stoneskin guard for improved self aura healing and survivability. But it's up to you, if you'd prefer the dragonscale go for it. But I wouldn't use it, that's just me. Clerics can be played in many ways.

:) I am planning on getting some nice epic armor at some point, but atm I think I'd like the dragonscale one. Mainly because it seems good and it doesn't require planning in the same way as the dragontouched one :)

And definitely upgrade that brilliance V to superior brilliance V for your divine punishment. Once you get the essences you need throw up an LFM asking someone to craft it for you. There are lots of nice crafters out there who will help you out.

Of, I meant superior brilliance V, of course :) On a bound item it doesn't require that high crafting level.

Good luck hope I helped. Have fun.

:) I appreciate it. Thank you.

Micki
04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
And I also got this one today: http://ddowiki.com/page/Staff_of_Fleshshaping
:) I guess it's something to use when only healbotting, or when only using heals and negative spells.

axel15810
04-13-2012, 10:11 PM
And I also got this one today: http://ddowiki.com/page/Staff_of_Fleshshaping
:) I guess it's something to use when only healbotting, or when only using heals and negative spells.

Oh yes, that one is nice. Only problem is it's two handed and you can't use a shield :/

firemedium_jt
04-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Micki tends to want to do the opposite of what I tell him so,

keep the AC bracers and don't get STR+6 bracers. Do not get Divine Power on bracers. Lots of bad advice on here, lol.

Micki
04-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Micki tends to want to do the opposite of what I tell him so,

keep the AC bracers and don't get STR+6 bracers. Do not get Divine Power on bracers. Lots of bad advice on here, lol.

:D lol. I have been listening lately, haven't I? :) I have no idea what to do with the gear, and I need to start planning for a GS item. Next up: Shroud flagging. (well, first dragonscale farming).

:) I switched the bracers to Ethereal bracers for now :)

Alright, so I need minos legends, +6 wis, cha, str, and con and false life. And I need tomes :) lots and lots of tomes (well enough anyway). But I'm guessing they drop more on higher levels. I need more hp, and could really do with more sp. Currently, buffed with mage weapon I'm around 1400 sp. On a bit tougher quest (e.g. healbotted The Lords of Dust elite at lvl 17), I easily run out of sp, and healing efficiently with scrolls just doesn't work - or I need to get different kinds of scrolls to avoid the cool down. :) But, since I don't like healbotting too much, I'm not much of a fan of running with parties that take too much damage, although if I manage to keep them alive I can me pretty proud :)

Oh, and my current shield in use is the Shield of Reflecting from the medusa chain. :) I have turned many opponents to stone with it :) Like it.

Micki
05-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while :) My main question was, can Thaz do epics? Answer: Yes she can! :) Ran my first two epics last weekend, The tide turns and Devil assault. Tide turns went very well, eDA was difficult, but I think I did a pretty good job, only one death (none of the melee, but the wiz who wasn't in range for mass), and I only potted once in eDA. Thazara has buffed over 400 hp, but buffed with archmagi only 1803sp, 1600 after I switch to minos. Now I am having gearing problems. I am having to switch gear depending on quest, and I don't like it. Here's what I have/use/ switch between:

Armor: Blue Dragonscale Robe
Head: archmagi hat, concentration+15/ minos legends
Neck: Silver flame pendant/ Alchemist's Pendant
Trinket: Greater Cunning Trinket
Cloak: Magewright's Cloak (need cha +6, since I started with cha 8. For turns/bursts/aura/capstone/Champion of the Deathless)
Belt: Heavy fort/ con+6/ greater false life
Gloves: Epic Brawling Gloves tier 2 (need str for melee)
Boots: striding+30%/ feather fall, balance+10
Bracers: Ethereal bracers (I need something better, maybe GS?)
Goggles: Time-sensing (for haste, need it for melee). I would like the epic version.
Ring1: Greater false life/ Epic Ring of the Buccaneer tier 2
Ring2: wis+6
Shield: Epic Swashbuckler (Light) tier 2
Main hand: Epic Ornamented Dagger tier3 / Epic Brigand's Cutlass (Scimitar) tier 2

Now, to you remind you, Thaz is caster with melee fallback. Focused on casting, but decent at melee atm. She's even able to melee on epic diff, as long as she's either only fighting one foe, or she's helping the other melees take down one or a few. More and she'll take more damage than she can handle. Jumping in with the melees means free aura heals for them, and I can burst them too. (I really like just keeping Thaz hitting/meleing while I'm using my F-keys to target someone else, to throw a heal when they need it. Unlike the melees, I'm always multitasking, multifocusing)

My problems atm: 1. Heavy fort and archmagi. If I use minos for heavy fort, I can't put it on until I've buffed (in normal quests when I buff before we get going it isn't a problem, but in raids I usually let someone else buff). If I use my heavy fort belt, I can't put something else in that spot. Problem 2: I like the Alchemist's Pendant, but my only death block item is the Silver flame pendant. Problem 3: I have yet to use my dex ring, since I atm have greater false like in that spot, but I was thinking I could use my greater false life belt and use the dex ring instead. But that means I can't use my heavy fort belt. The Electric Haze belt from Litany would solve this problem though. So, I guess my biggest problem is death block.

SirValentine
05-16-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while :) My main question was, can Thaz do epics? Answer: Yes she can! :)

Not suprised. My first life Cleric was built horribly, and managed to earn enough Epic tokens to TR.

Now I am having gearing problems. I am having to switch gear depending on quest, and I don't like it.

Well...I understand, but I think some gear swaps are good. It's just more efficient to have the right gear at the right time than to try to get 1-size-fits-all. But too many swaps is annoying, yes.

My problems atm: 1. Heavy fort and archmagi. If I use minos for heavy fort, I can't put it on until I've buffed (in normal quests when I buff before we get going it isn't a problem, but in raids I usually let someone else buff). If I use my heavy fort belt, I can't put something else in that spot.

Do you have a Greensteel HP item? I'm a big fan of making a Mineral II HP item, for +45 (stacking) hit points, Heavy Fortification, Stoneskin clicky, and +6 to Concentration skill, all in one item. Some people like this as a helmet, but if you someday want the Epic Mroranon helmet (only +7 Wisdom item in game!) it might not be the best slot. Personally I used the Gloves slot for it.

Problem 2: I like the Alchemist's Pendant, but my only death block item is the Silver flame pendant.

Cast Death Ward on yourself and don't worry about a Deathblock item most of the time. Swap Silver Flame on only for beholders.

Micki
05-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Not suprised. My first life Cleric was built horribly, and managed to earn enough Epic tokens to TR.

:D lol. You're ruining my happy.

Well...I understand, but I think some gear swaps are good. It's just more efficient to have the right gear at the right time than to try to get 1-size-fits-all. But too many swaps is annoying, yes.

:) I don't mind swapping my boots, I keep striding on, unless I need the feather fall (without striding she's just so so slow). But I went into Shroud hard without fort of any kind, and it had me a bit nervous. And it's not just put on my heavy fort belt, but I have to swap maybe 3 items to have everything I need.

Do you have a Greensteel HP item? I'm a big fan of making a Mineral II HP item, for +45 (stacking) hit points, Heavy Fortification, Stoneskin clicky, and +6 to Concentration skill, all in one item. Some people like this as a helmet, but if you someday want the Epic Mroranon helmet (only +7 Wisdom item in game!) it might not be the best slot. Personally I used the Gloves slot for it.

:) No GS item yet. I've only finished shroud once on normal, failed once on hard (well we tried running hard with a mainly caster pug = wipe in fight with Harry)

Cast Death Ward on yourself and don't worry about a Deathblock item most of the time. Swap Silver Flame on only for beholders.

:D yeah, but but... I like running quests I don't know, and I never know when I'll be running into a beholder.. so kinda like having deathblock on all the time.

firemedium_jt
05-16-2012, 09:23 AM
For Deathblock you can use a shield to quick equip.

You can also get heavy fortification on a robe.

Deathblock + heavy fortifictation robes are common at AH.

You can get arcane lore on a weapon like Green Blade while you grind for Torc in ADQ or skiver.

Micki. I have to say you have surpassed my gear in a lot of ways. Nice stuff. Too complicated for me with all that grinding and crafting as I am a casual player in terms of my time available. It

Shroud is run every 3 days if I can cause it is fun and usually easy. The medium mats also upgrade TOD rings. Loot is easy cash. Just run normal til June and epic lvls.

ADQ till I got my Torc. Got Greenblade along the way from a nice Sorc that gave it to me in less than 10 runs. Torc in 10-15 runs.

Ioun stones as tinkets give you some extra gearing and swapping options in Dreaming Dark on casual. Easy grind in less than 10 runs for Spell pen and Archmagi 200 sp. No wait time or ransack.

Also there is the Dreaming Dark optional chest on Elite. You can solo this on elite with a Sorc lvl20 hire just to the optional chest to get Eardweller for 100% increase to every spell. Better than brill and ardor and towards your Blade Barrier with Greater Arcane lore and criticals on 700+ from Blades. No wait time or ransack.

I like Sora Kell because as I swap my gear the 40% potency is a backup if I mess up my swapping in the heat of battle. I like the +2 to hit and damage because I have a fighter splash. Stacks with most other bonuses from TOD gear.

I use TOD necklace for potency to keep my hands free for weapon choices. I swap this with Torc. Green blade is a nice Kukri with nice criticals. Sometimes I equip it with a Scimitar even though I am not 2WF for kicks and giggles. I usually have SF and GB in hands when casting/healing more than melee. My GB and deathblock shield work well on beholders. Having a potency weapon is just too much with Sora Kell, so I just take the 10% to keep it simple. I had a potency weapon for a while, but banked it. I use brilliance and Ardor for DP and heals. Eardweller for everything. So potency on a weapon is just not needed. I usually have potency necklace equip and torc it when I get low on sp with archers.

I run Shroud and TOD regularly. Got what I need from Dreaming Dark and ADQ. Inspired Quarter for Terror sword, and those Gloves of Titan (STR+6 + +6 titan). Such a quick grind I cant remember the quests. Terror is great for insta kills in slayers mobs like Vale.

Lord of eyes and acute delirum for Greater Spell focus is not bad, but getting a party together takes time, and as a Cleric I am not use to waiting to form.

Just some options for you to mix and match gear.

Micki
05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
For Deathblock you can use a shield to quick equip.

You can also get heavy fortification on a robe.

Deathblock + heavy fortifictation robes are common at AH.

You can get arcane lore on a weapon like Green Blade while you grind for Torc in ADQ or skiver.

:) Yeah, I guess I could do that, get a deathblock+heavy fort robe (I think I might even have one), and get myself the necro 4 skiver (ooh, I want it, I want it)

Micki. I have to say you have surpassed my gear in a lot of ways. Nice stuff. Too complicated for me with all that grinding and crafting as I am a casual player in terms of my time available. It

:) Well, the only real grinding I've done is Crystal Cove :D 55 runs in a week, 27 the last weekend, of which Thaz did 42 on lvl 20, 1 on 21 and 1 on 22. Tor I think I ran less than 10 times, a nice new acquaintance of mine gave me like 9 blue dragonscales, and I traded at least 5. I got the tapestries for minos from out guild lottery. Alchemist Pendant I pulled in one run and Magewright's Cloak I was given.

And ty for the info/advice :) I'd like a torc, but I also like the Alchemist's pendant. Oh, and basically plan to farm Litany next, and run Reign of madness chain. I to put up lfg's a lot, but if no one's joining I do something else :)

:) oh, and I went from casual to active player some time ago, don't know how that happened :D Suddenly playing DDO got more fun than some other activities :)

firemedium_jt
05-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Other thing about the tod potency necklace is that it gives 150 sp, so all u have to do is casr nightshield and stalwart pack to swap out your archmagi.

Mick. I should show u the eardweller optional chest. It is a fun one and short grind. All u need is 30 jump and a hireling. U flagged for Dreaming Dark yet?

U looked bored in vale other day out of sp. Grab a +4 paralyzer.

Or non prof Terror Gsw.

I hate grinding. I don't want this game to be like crack cocaine in my life. I am very picky what I grind. Shroud and tod long term is it. Von for sos too. They have to be fun.

Micki
05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Other thing about the tod potency necklace is that it gives 150 sp, so all u have to do is casr nightshield and stalwart pack to swap out your archmagi.

Mick. I should show u the eardweller optional chest. It is a fun one and short grind. All u need is 30 jump and a hireling. U flagged for Dreaming Dark yet?

:) K. No, no. I'm still doing quests in more or less order. Doing lvl 17's now (or jumping on lfg's for Epics or Cannith)

U looked bored in vale other day out of sp. Grab a +4 paralyzer.

:) Huh? 1. I looked bored? 2. out of sp? 3. +4 paralyzer?

I hate grinding. I don't want this game to be like crack cocaine in my life. I am very picky what I grind. Shroud and tod long term is it. Von for sos too. They have to be fun.

:) What I don't do is solo. I always lfg/join an lfg/ run with guild. Running with other ppl is what makes the game fun for me. I don't like super serious ppl who are all about ... what ever. But with the right group/ ppl I don't care if I run the same quest over and over :) As long as every run doesn't take too long. Man! Servants of the underlord got on my bad side. I got determined to finish it at any cost (which was 10+ reentries and run time 3 h). Easy going, joking ppl are the best. (as long as they do their best at the task at hand anyway) :)

Habreno
05-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Just as a gearing suggestion, look at Habreno on Argonessen.

Slightly more melee focus, I think, but still mainly casting and healing.

Pirate Hat: Seeker +6, Concentration +15.
---Others for specific usages, but rarely swapped.

Boots: LGAS: +80 SP
---Swap to better Striding when SP used up

Belt: LGAS: +20 HP
---Amrath Clickies as well

T3 ECavalry Plate: Slotted Toughness (need to reslot Greater Nimbleness) and augmented Alchemical Armor Ritual

T3 EBrawling Gloves: Slotted CHA +6 (no other slot for it)
---Titan's Grip for clicky for boss fights.

T3 ERoB: Slotted Toughness. Eventually will get Alchemical Resistance Ritual.

Min II Goggles: CON/HP, WIS/SP, WIS/SP.
---CHA Skills +6 for haggling, working on INT Skills +6 for trapspotting as swap items

Conc-Op Cloak: Immunities, CON/HP, CON/HP.
---EPhilarian Mirror Cloak if 30 Light Resist needed.

Amara's Band: WIS +6, +1 CHA, +2 CHA.
---Kyosho's Ring: WIS +6, +1 STR, +2 STR.
---Radiant Ring: WIS +6, +1 CHA, +2 CHA.

Lorrik's Necklace: WIS +6, Wizardry VI, SP discount on Empower Healing.
---Shintao Cord: CON +6 Concentration +15, Shintao Set.
---Various click effects and swap effects (GH, Invis, Diplo +15 with Medium Haggle Gem, Bluff +15)

Greater Cunning Trinket
---Greater Bold Trinket
---Greater Stalwart Trinket
---Shimmering Arrowhead
---Greater (X) Focus Trinkets (Necro, Evo, one other...)
---Abjurgation Focus Trinket
---Eardweller
---Shard of Xoriat
---Mysterious Bauble

Bracers of the Glacier: Archmagi, Spell Pen VIII, Fire Shield (Cold) guard
---Levik's Bracers (Heal Amp)
---Bracelet of Madness (Offensive Casting)
---L16 T3 Bracers of Wind-Augmented +1 Dodge (AC, Permablur, Air Guard item)
---Fabricator's Bracers (Melee)

Maybe this will inspire ideas. Maybe not.

Regardless, those are his unbuffed stats. 497 HP, 2172 SP

Micki
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Ty Habreno :) I will consider those options. I have a pirate hat: archmagi, concentration +15.

Only thing is that I just learned to use tumble. E.g. when I ran eDA last weekend, I kept blocking (that way it's also very noticeable when something is hitting me) and when something was hitting me I tumbled out of dodge. I can cast any spell while blocking, and like I said, tumble out of dodge when I start taking hits. So, at least atm I'm not keen on using any armor but light.

ShadowFlash
05-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Have you considered Thaarak bracelet for your bracelet slot? It would give you toughness at least...temporarily solving your minos swapping issues
http://ddowiki.com/page/Thaarak_Bracelet

ShadowFlash

Habreno
05-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Whatever you do decide to do, just keep in mind that the style of Cleric being built is very difficult to gear out appropriately. It's very grindalicious.

Good luck, though.

Micki
05-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Have you considered Thaarak bracelet for your bracelet slot? It would give you toughness at least...temporarily solving your minos swapping issues
http://ddowiki.com/page/Thaarak_Bracelet

ShadowFlash

That would be an idea, yes. Ty.

Micki
05-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Whatever you do decide to do, just keep in mind that the style of Cleric being built is very difficult to gear out appropriately. It's very grindalicious.

Good luck, though.

You mean this kind of cleric or clerics in general?

:) and ty.

Sgt_Hart
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Boots_of_Propulsion

Habreno
05-17-2012, 06:43 PM
You mean this kind of cleric or clerics in general?

:) and ty.

This kind of Cleric.

People will not apprecaite what you can do, nor will they respect you for what you can do.

morticianjohn
05-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Just wanted to highlight the bracers of the glacier in haberno's post. Archmagi in the bracers slot. In many ways this is preferable to the trinket slot from vibrant purple ioun stone and it's way better than the helm slot so you can leave Minos on all the time.

Micki
05-18-2012, 01:56 AM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Boots_of_Propulsion

:) Yes, I want those.

This kind of Cleric.

People will not apprecaite what you can do, nor will they respect you for what you can do.

So I'm told, but I have yet to meet those people. The only ones that have been giving me negative feedback are the zerging blame the cleric barbs, who expect you to play like a hire. Like, come on ppl, you've made it to 20, and you carry no self heals? Seriously?

Met a cleric in Crystal Cove who told me I will not be allowed to join some raids for being melee fallback. I was like, why? The melee doesn't affect my sp or casting ability in any way, what it does is make me a bit more versatile and a bit more able to adapt to certain situations. As long my main focus is healing, I do not see why anyone would object to me doing a bit of meleing on the side, as long as I don't get myself killed.

Just wanted to highlight the bracers of the glacier in haberno's post. Archmagi in the bracers slot. In many ways this is preferable to the trinket slot from vibrant purple ioun stone and it's way better than the helm slot so you can leave Minos on all the time.

:) Yes, those are nice.

Micki
06-05-2012, 01:26 AM
:) Hello again. I would like to share my latest post on myddo: Clerics don’t melee in epics! (http://my.ddo.com/micki/2012/06/04/clerics-dont-melee-in-epics/)

:) it's funny, how, any time I tell ppl what Thaz does, they're like, no, you can't do that, or no clerics don't do that. Umm, yeah, right. Imo, Thaz is awesome in every way. She's good healer, a good caster and a decent melee. And yes, she melees in epics! :) She can be a bit squishy, but she's a lot less squishy now than she was. I believe that's also because my style of playing has changed. I avoid aggro. Aggro = bad. When I get aggro, I tend to end up dead. Why? Because, even when running through blade barrier, I tend to not be able to run fast enough to not get hit. And even when spamming bursts, when e.g. a hezrou's chasing me, and hitting me, I tend to be in trouble :) my latest very proud achievement, though, is Spinner of Shadows epic. :) It was scary and exciting and I did die a couple of times, but over all I feel like I did a pretty good job. Even managed to heal someone who came running from out of reach, I happened to notice him and threw him a heal just when he dropped to -hp (and my buffed heals heal most toons to 100%).

:) I have solo'd Chrono on normal with her without any problems, I can solo Litany on normal (I did fail fighting Cholthulzz, but I'm gonna give it another go some time in the future.)

Micki
07-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I haven't yet started collecting cleric commendations for Eveningstar gear, but here's Thazara's gear so far (at lvl 20, holding 21):

Armor: Blue Dragonscale Robe/ Deathblock robe
Neck: Alchemist's Pendant
Cloak: Magewright's Cloak
Belt: Heavy fort (for when I'm not wearing minos)/ (jump clickie/ GH clickie)
Gloves: Fabricator's gauntlets
Boots: Boots of propulsion
Bracers: Bracelet of Madness/ Ethereal bracers/ (divine power clickie)
Goggles: Concordant opposition gs goggles
Ring1: Greater false life
Ring2: Epic Ring of the Buccaneer tier 2
Main hand: Epic Ornamented Dagger tier3 / Epic Brigand's Cutlass (Scimitar) tier 2

I got her the Unyielding Sentinel epic destiny and with ship buffs, before putting on minos she's currently at 503 hp and 1953 sp.

I am, though looking to get the Ring and necklace of the shining sun from Eveningstar, and need to get/ put greater false life and con+6 somewhere else.

As I've said before, Thazara is both caster and melee, even though she isn't that strong of a melee. In eDA hard I saw her melee crit for 150 and I've seen dp hit for over 600.

I hope to see her sp over 2000 :)

Tomes eaten: cha+2, con+2, wis+1, int+3 (I know, don't need it, but I got one BtC, so had to take it, lol)

ka0t1c1sm
07-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Sounds pretty similar to my first-life Cleric in playstyle and gear setup. MyDDO seems broken for her but you can see her on our guild site HERE (http://www.cygnusguild.com/roster/zandrine/). She's currently Epic level 2, and level 3 Exalted Angel (Leap of Faith yay!)

Armor: Epic Cavalry Plate (Tier 3, nothing slotted yet)
Head: Alchemist's Crown
Trinket: Cannith crafted Silver Flame Trinket of Eternal Faith (and a couple others I swap to)
Cloak: Cloak of Night (level 16 version)
Belt: Tier II Green Steel Concordant-Opposition (SP)
Gloves: Purple Dragon Gauntlets (http://ddowiki.com/page/Purple_Dragon_Gauntlets)
Boots: Cannith Boots of Propulsion
Bracers: Tharaak Bracelet
Goggles: Tier III Mineral II Green Steel Goggles (HP)
Ring1: Signet of the Shining Sun (http://ddowiki.com/page/Signet_of_the_Shining_Sun)
Ring2: Epic Ring of the Buccaneer (Tier 1)
Shield: Light and Darkness (http://ddowiki.com/page/Light_and_Darkness_(unsuppressed)) (Unsurpressed)

I really like the Alchemist's Set from House Cannith, and having the Tharaak Bracelet for toughness, and heavy fort on my MinII GS has let me forego Minos entirely.

This will all change once I have the full 3 piece Clerics of Amaunator set from Eveningstar. Toughness on the Breastplate of the Shining Sun (http://ddowiki.com/page/Breastplate_of_the_Shining_Sun) will free up my bracer slot, but with the Symbol of the Shining Sun (http://ddowiki.com/page/Symbol_of_the_Shining_Sun) being a necklace, I'll have to re-slot my +6 CON. Not quite sure how I'm going to do that yet. I'm wishing I had gone with the bracer slot for her Con-Opp as the Belt of the Sun Soul (http://ddowiki.com/page/Belt_of_the_Sun_Soul) would be perfect. I may just deconstruct it and start over as it's currently only Tier II.

How do you like the Epic Swashbuckler? I've got a tier 1 in the bank but never got around to trying it out. I use Light and Darkness from the Mindsunder chain and love it. With the current mechanic of named items on every third completion, it is very easy to get.

For trinkets, I swap between a couple of Cannith crafted ones (Silver Flame of Eternal Faith, and Efficient Metamagic: Empower Healing II of Greater Healing Lore), and the Greater Cunning Trinket. With the Silver Flame of Eternal Faith I can turn epic undead (although I doubt I'll be able to on epic elite).

For her main hand I swap between what's needed at the time. I have a Tier II Triple Positive and a Tier II Concordant-Opposition that I need to finish. I'm also looking to get the Star of Day (http://ddowiki.com/page/Star_of_Day) and the Oathblade (http://ddowiki.com/page/Oathblade) from the Eveningstar turn-ins. I was also able to pick up a very nice lootgen quarterstaff that has Devotion, Radiance, and Superior Healing Lore on it (although I don't like putting L&D down to use it).

I've enjoyed watching your progression throughout the thread BTW.

Micki
07-13-2012, 12:48 PM
:) Hi there. Ty for ur reply.

Some nice stuff u got there, and some good suggestions for me as well :) I might try to get the shield from Mindsunder, and that belt ( Belt of the Sun Soul ) seem perfect as well :) I do, though, need something else for greater false life if I go with the shining sun set. I would also like the archmagi bracers (Bracers of the Glacier) from VoD, so I could use minos all the time. The Oathblade seems really powerful... oh, but lawful required. Thaz is true neutral. Otherwise I would really like that :)

The Epic Swashbuckler, well I really like it :) I was running epics before the update and opponents were constantly being dazed. (or I called it stunned, because it's almost the same thing).

:) And thank you for reading.

jambajuicey
07-13-2012, 03:25 PM
I was looking at oathblade too and I am also TN, but will UMD allow that even with the absolute law w/o negative levels coming into play?

ka0t1c1sm
07-15-2012, 08:39 PM
I was looking at oathblade too and I am also TN, but will UMD allow that even with the absolute law w/o negative levels coming into play?

Yes. UMD let my True Neutral Artificer bypass alignment restrictions to use a True Chaos repeater.

ka0t1c1sm
07-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I do, though, need something else for greater false life if I go with the shining sun set.

Yeah I'm going to miss the Superior False Life from the Epic Cavalry Plate once I finally get the full set. Maybe if they bring Crystal Cove back for Talk Like a Pirate Day, I can get the Ring of the Buccaneer upgraded to Tier III and slot GFL...

Micki
07-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah I'm going to miss the Superior False Life from the Epic Cavalry Plate once I finally get the full set. Maybe if they bring Crystal Cove back for Talk Like a Pirate Day, I can get the Ring of the Buccaneer upgraded to Tier III and slot GFL...

Oops, I just realized that the shining sun is a 3 piece set with medium armor. :) I only want the ring and necklace. My cleric wears light armor and is able to tumble. I might reconsider this at some point, though, but currently I'm quite happy with light armor. And, oh, epic slots for GFL sounds great. I just need loads of tokens :) I only have about 10, and I have 2 toons I'd like to TR in the near future.

ka0t1c1sm
07-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Oops, I just realized that the shining sun is a 3 piece set with medium armor. :) I only want the ring and necklace. My cleric wears light armor and is able to tumble. I might reconsider this at some point, though, but currently I'm quite happy with light armor. And, oh, epic slots for GFL sounds great. I just need loads of tokens :) I only have about 10, and I have 2 toons I'd like to TR in the near future.

I'm really having a tough time deciding which armor to go with.

Epic Cavalry Plate: +6 Fullplate: +16 AC, Mithral, Demonic Shield, Superior False Life, DR 5/Chaotic, Resistance Save +5, Empty Blue Augment Slot (could slot Toughness to free up bracer slot)
Breastplate of the Shining Sun: +6 Breastplate, Resistance +6, Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing II, Toughness, -10% to spell point cost from set bonus and free up bracer slot.

Which way to go? :confused:

Micki
07-31-2012, 05:17 AM

Epic Cavalry Plate: +6 Fullplate: +16 AC, Mithral, Demonic Shield, Superior False Life, DR 5/Chaotic, Resistance Save +5, Empty Blue Augment Slot (could slot Toughness to free up bracer slot)
Breastplate of the Shining Sun: +6 Breastplate, Resistance +6, Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing II, Toughness, -10% to spell point cost from set bonus and free up bracer slot.

:) I have no idea. I'm sticking with the blue dragonscale robe.

Thazara is Unyielding Sentienel 2, soon 3.

Current gear (yellow are the new ones):

Belt: Heavy fort (for when I'm not wearing minos)/ Belt of the sun soul/ Tokala's Belt (only for clickie)
Gloves: Purple Dragon Gauntlets

I still wish to get Signet and Symbol of the Shining Sun, and an archmagi item (I would like the Ion Stone), then I'm gonna make a gs hp cloak for her with permablur. I'll use minos for heavy fort if I can only get another archmagi item.

I wish to add greater false life to the ring of the buccaneer (oh, but darn, mine is also only tier 2...), and I'm considering the Star of Day (http://ddowiki.com/page/Star_of_Day).

Tier 4 of US will give me deathblock. :)

PNellesen
07-31-2012, 08:15 AM

I'm keeping my Cavalry Plate on my Clerics - I slotted +6 CON on it before the last update (back when many Epics dropped full tokens instead of fragments), and it's still got too much nice stuff on it to give up. That Breastplate is VERY tempting though :)

ka0t1c1sm
07-31-2012, 09:33 AM

Belt: Heavy fort (for when I'm not wearing minos)/ Belt of the sun soul/ Tokala's Belt (only for clickie)

I still wish to get Signet and Symbol of the Shining Sun, and an archmagi item (I would like the Ion Stone), then I'm gonna make a gs hp cloak for her with permablur. I'll use minos for heavy fort if I can only get another archmagi item.

I wish to add greater false life to the ring of the buccaneer (oh, but darn, mine is also only tier 2...), and I'm considering the Star of Day (http://ddowiki.com/page/Star_of_Day).

Very cool! I've been making progress on mine as well. Just hit level 23 and am one rank away from level 5 Exhalted Angel. Watching undead and evil outsiders chain react from the Judgement/Lay to Rest/Judge the Many combo is awesome.

Picked up the Oathblade and the Symbol of the Shining Sun. Got 5 Villager Commendations and went to get the Belt of Sun Soul but clicked the Bracers by mistake, which is completely useless to me.

7 more Cleric Commendations for the Breastplate and I'll have the full set. Then I'll just need to move my Con-Opp to the bracer slot, and get that darn belt, and I'm set.

Next big problem is that all the best Devotion items are weapons...

Micki
07-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Very cool! I've been making progress on mine as well. Just hit level 23 and am one rank away from level 5 Exhalted Angel. Watching undead and evil outsiders chain react from the Judgement/Lay to Rest/Judge the Many combo is awesome.

Picked up the Oathblade and the Symbol of the Shining Sun. Got 5 Villager Commendations and went to get the Belt of Sun Soul but clicked the Bracers by mistake, which is completely useless to me.

7 more Cleric Commendations for the Breastplate and I'll have the full set. Then I'll just need to move my Con-Opp to the bracer slot, and get that darn belt, and I'm set.

Next big problem is that all the best Devotion items are weapons...

:) Very nice, but too bad about the bracers :(

:) I am truly loving Unyielding Sentinel. I am getting just about everything that adds to saves, fort and energy resistance. Then I got healing hands that adds +25 positive spell power. Base US gives +50 hp, Vigor of battle +50 hp. At lvl 3, she'll get an additional +50 hp and +50 hp for vigor of battle. That's if I'm understanding it correctly +200 hp. :) She's going to be unbuffed at 586, with some buffs I'm sure she'll break 700 :) She's got 140% fortification, she's going to have 30% energy block while blocking, deathblock, epic shield mastery, etc.

:) I'm taking all 5 levels of US before moving on to Exhalted Angel. I have, though, not been running any Eveningstar quests, only been doing some slayer, and only collected 2 cleric commendations so far. I need 23 more if I want the necklace, ring and shortsword. :) Gonna take me some time, though, since I'm currently playing 5 toons :) Got a lvl 17 sorc, a lvl 16 monk, a lvl 8 clonk and a lvl 6 druid, and Thazara lvl 21 cleric. I'm usually running the clonk 2 days a week and Thazara sat-sun. Then I run the monk and the sorc now every other week the other days, and the druid only randomly.

After getting healing hands I checked Thazara's heals. Her base heal with current gear (no devotion) is 470, 484 with improved ardor. Cits for 942. Her mass heal though, that used to be a standard 500, is now a standard 754, which imo is pretty nice. Usually my style of playing, is to jump in with the melees, hit things and spam bursts + cure moderate wounds mass (even in epic elite). Then I throw a singular heal if someone needs it. I usually only use mass heal in e.g. Shroud if melees' hp suddenly drop to 50%.

Oh, have you btw noticed the problem with Judgement? That it kills PM's?

firemedium_jt
07-31-2012, 10:59 AM

Oh Mick,

You have been grinding out some nice gear there. Me. I am the expert on the easiest grind time/per reward list.

The first items I grind for any stoned toon high lvl is the Dreaming Dark Ioun Stones. You can do most of the quests on casual solo to flag except maybe the Eye you should bring a friend and a couple hires. (The 'solo only' flag quest is a pain so do the other one that lets you flag.) It is also coinlord favor I think for 2nd inventory slot.

I am getting Ioun stones on all the accounts I am stoning xp right now. They are mostly divines and mages. Eardweller is another easy item to get. Took me about 6 runs to get my arch magi stone for my lvl 16 Wiz14/rog2 PM. Then there is another few to get the spell absorb ioun stone. You have to finish Dreaming Dark, so most do it on casual for speed, and ease.

Eardweller is another easy item to get for +25 spell power from dreaming for a lvl20 toon. Lvl 18 might need a friendly mage, and hirelings always. Average on elite is 10 runs for the optional chest. You do not finish Dreaming Dark on Elite to get the eardweller. You exit after you open the optional chest. It is the easiest click for a boss fight to boost any spell, and now it stacks with every other item and other click items.

I can show you how to get them next time you see me in the game.

You can also get the Titan gloves for +6 STR and another +6 added from its click in inspired quarter.

I finally took the Sora Kell off. I just use the titan gloves now and the +2 'to hit' necklace from TOD instead. The 40 spell power and +2 "to damage' is just not worth it with the new spell power system. I like having all the lore items for critical spell power instead Radiance, Impulse, and devotion... Radiance lore, and healing lore. Although my main guy has a green blade for that. My Alt clerics were looking at the Blue Dragon Scales, but did not want to grind it. Forums said like 60 runs. It is a nice item for the current gear problems, but with superior lore out there it is less tempting for epic toons.

I still like green blade and torc runs. To get the extra lore and spell power you can use robes and helmets which means Minos is in the way. Heavy fort on a belt or ring cause robes have some nice spell power on them too.

How many runs to get the blue scales for the blue dragon scale robe?

PNellesen
07-31-2012, 11:09 AM
I am truly loving Unyielding Sentinel. I am getting just about everything that adds to saves, fort and energy resistance. Then I got healing hands that adds +25 positive spell power. Base US gives +50 hp, Vigor of battle +50 hp. At lvl 3, she'll get an additional +50 hp and +50 hp for vigor of battle. That's if I'm understanding it correctly +200 hp. :) She's going to be unbuffed at 586, with some buffs I'm sure she'll break 700 :) She's got 140% fortification, she's going to have 30% energy block while blocking, deathblock, epic shield mastery, etc.

:) I'm taking all 5 levels of US before moving on to Exhalted Angel.

My level 23 Cleric leveled up EA first, and is currently leveling up US - I twisted Avenging Light into my Unyielding Sentinel Destiny, and so far that's working pretty nicely. Not the greatest damage, but for the SP cost it's not too bad (using a decent Radiance/Radiance Lore set). I'll also be twisting the "Brace for Impact" enhancements into the Exalted Angel destiny - can you ever have too much fortification?

Between the two destinies, I'll probably use US when soloing or general questing, then EA when raiding, especially the harder raids - having more SP than you know what to do with is a good problem to have in a raid :)

Micki
07-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Oh Mick,

You have been grinding out some nice gear there. Me. I am the expert on the easiest grind time/per reward list.

:) ty, although I haven't been grinding, almost at all. The only thing I grinded to death was Crystal Cove.

The first items I grind for any stoned toon high lvl is the Dreaming Dark Ioun Stones. You can do most of the quests on casual solo to flag except maybe the Eye you should bring a friend and a couple hires. (The 'solo only' flag quest is a pain so do the other one that lets you flag.) It is also coinlord favor I think for 2nd inventory slot.

:) Thazara's main objective is still favor (and now progressing her ED, but I'll be holding levels). She just went over 3600 favor. I've done all quests lvl 1-17 elite, except Titan preraid, ADQ preraid, In the Flesh and Beyond the Rift, but I'm going to run those soon. I'm also elite flagging for ToD, and I'm missing a few in IQ. I have run Mindsunder, though. She's not flagged for DD yet, though.

I've moved on to only doing hard Shrouds (no normals), and am hoping to do an elite soon. With US level 5 I know she'll be durable enough, but I still need more sp. But survivability before sp.

I am getting Ioun stones on all the accounts I am stoning xp right now. They are mostly divines and mages. Eardweller is another easy item to get. Took me about 6 runs to get my arch magi stone for my lvl 16 Wiz14/rog2 PM. Then there is another few to get the spell absorb ioun stone. You have to finish Dreaming Dark, so most do it on casual for speed, and ease.

I, btw have 2 xp stones, if u need any more toons stoned :) And I'd very much like the absorb ion stone for my monk.

Eardweller is another easy item to get for +25 spell power from dreaming for a lvl20 toon. Lvl 18 might need a friendly mage, and hirelings always. Average on elite is 10 runs for the optional chest. You do not finish Dreaming Dark on Elite to get the eardweller. You exit after you open the optional chest. It is the easiest click for a boss fight to boost any spell, and now it stacks with every other item and other click items.

I can show you how to get them next time you see me in the game.

You can also get the Titan gloves for +6 STR and another +6 added from its click in inspired quarter.

If you mean Xachosian Eardweller (http://ddowiki.com/page/Xachosian_Eardweller) then I do not believe I have any use for it. :) I also don't use any clicky that only lasts one minute or less (haste's the exception)

I finally took the Sora Kell off. I just use the titan gloves now and the +2 'to hit' necklace from TOD instead. The 40 spell power and +2 "to damage' is just not worth it with the new spell power system. I like having all the lore items for critical spell power instead Radiance, Impulse, and devotion... Radiance lore, and healing lore. Although my main guy has a green blade for that. My Alt clerics were looking at the Blue Dragon Scales, but did not want to grind it. Forums said like 60 runs. It is a nice item for the current gear problems, but with superior lore out there it is less tempting for epic toons.

Good for you (taking the sora kell off) :)

I still like green blade and torc runs. To get the extra lore and spell power you can use robes and helmets which means Minos is in the way. Heavy fort on a belt or ring cause robes have some nice spell power on them too.

:) I am not getting the torc. I don't consider it that good, and I have no space for it

How many runs to get the blue scales for the blue dragon scale robe?

Here's what you do: 1. group with people. Put up an lfm for farming Tor, or Mired in Kobolds (I found mired to have better drop rate of scales). 2. Pick up any scale you get, regardless of colour. 3. Trade. Black scales seem to be more popular than whites and blue, some people will give you 2 blue for 1 black. 4. Ask around, some people have scales lying around that they don't need.

:) I believe I did maybe 5-6 runs of Tor and 1 or 2 of Mired. I think I only looted 1 blue scale. I did get some whites and blacks. I traded a few and had the rest given to me. :) One really nice person gave me 10.

Micki
07-31-2012, 11:33 AM
My level 23 Cleric leveled up EA first, and is currently leveling up US - I twisted Avenging Light into my Unyielding Sentinel Destiny, and so far that's working pretty nicely. Not the greatest damage, but for the SP cost it's not too bad (using a decent Radiance/Radiance Lore set). I'll also be twisting the "Brace for Impact" enhancements into the Exalted Angel destiny - can you ever have too much fortification?

Between the two destinies, I'll probably use US when soloing or general questing, then EA when raiding, especially the harder raids - having more SP than you know what to do with is a good problem to have in a raid :)

I don't quite know how it works. And I don't know what you do when you twist the destinies :) So, what, you can't use things from 2 ED's simultaneously?

:) I picked US first, because Thazara has never had any problem with SP (I've learned to save mana), but she's always been really squishy. The 100 more hp just from taking US was too good to give up :)

Sgt_Hart
07-31-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm thinking I might.. and I stress Might.. switch to the new breastplate if I ever beat a striding quiver out of the black abbot.

Striding is just a PITA to slot anywhere besides boots.

Regarding epic destinies: Twist slots allow you to drag an ability(From whatever destiny your in at a given moment) into a suitable slot to make it an "always on" ability.

I.E. My main is 5 unyielding, 5 angel, 3 grandmaster, 1 shadow dance, 1 dreadnought. this net's him 5 twist points(5+5+3+1+1 = 15. 15/3 = 5)

Points being spent as follows:

point unlocks the first twist slot
along with
makes the 1st slot a Level 2 twist-holster, when then get's legendary shield mastery.
Along with
opens up that 2nd twist slow which get's the EA Endless faith ability.

Thus I wind up with Endless faith, and Extra physical resist on Whatever I'm leveling outside of my "End goal" destiny.

Conversely, when I have all my slots, my plan is to twist:Endless faith, Purity of essence, and Renewal into unyielding sentinel.

Does that help explain it any?

SirValentine
07-31-2012, 04:35 PM
I've done all quests lvl 1-17 elite, except Titan preraid, ADQ preraid, In the Flesh and Beyond the Rift, but I'm going to run those soon.

Titan pre-raid can be hard to find a group for it, and you CAN'T solo it. ADQ1 pre-raid? You can go do that by yourself whenever you want.

If you mean Xachosian Eardweller (http://ddowiki.com/page/Xachosian_Eardweller) then I do not believe I have any use for it. :) I also don't use any clicky that only lasts one minute or less (haste's the exception)

Think he meant the Titan gloves.

Pre-spellpower, the Eardweller was well worth it for heavy-duty BB-kiting, since it gave +100%, and the best Potency you could get was only +50%. But since the spellpower nerf, I'd agree with ignoring the Eardweller.

:) I am not getting the torc. I don't consider it that good, and I have no space for it

If you don't have it, how do you know if it's that good?

Even if you don't wear it full time, being able to swap in a source of free infinite SP is pretty nice.

PNellesen
07-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Titan pre-raid can be hard to find a group for it, and you CAN'T solo it. ADQ1 pre-raid? You can go do that by yourself whenever you want.

Pre-spellpower, the Eardweller was well worth it for heavy-duty BB-kiting, since it gave +100%, and the best Potency you could get was only +50%. But since the spellpower nerf, I'd agree with ignoring the Eardweller.

Even if you don't wear it full time, being able to swap in a source of free infinite SP is pretty nice.

Torc is amazingly useful if you plan to do any soloing after level 10. Being able to solo chains of flame on elite at-level and only need the shrines for clickies was very satisfying (considering what that run was like the very first time I ever did it ;) ) greater spell pen vi is nothing to sneeze at either

Micki
08-01-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm thinking I might.. and I stress Might.. switch to the new breastplate if I ever beat a striding quiver out of the black abbot.

Striding is just a PITA to slot anywhere besides boots.

Regarding epic destinies: Twist slots allow you to drag an ability(From whatever destiny your in at a given moment) into a suitable slot to make it an "always on" ability.

I.E. My main is 5 unyielding, 5 angel, 3 grandmaster, 1 shadow dance, 1 dreadnought. this net's him 5 twist points(5+5+3+1+1 = 15. 15/3 = 5)

Points being spent as follows:

point unlocks the first twist slot
along with
makes the 1st slot a Level 2 twist-holster, when then get's legendary shield mastery.
Along with
opens up that 2nd twist slow which get's the EA Endless faith ability.

Thus I wind up with Endless faith, and Extra physical resist on Whatever I'm leveling outside of my "End goal" destiny.

Conversely, when I have all my slots, my plan is to twist:Endless faith, Purity of essence, and Renewal into unyielding sentinel.

Does that help explain it any?

:) Ty, and no, I don't quite understand it, but as u say, u need to unlock twist points etc. I guess I'll see how it works when I get there.

:) I have a friend who knows Titan really well, and dual boxes, so he said he could potetially help me out with that one. Ans I was soloing ADQ preraid elite the other day, but the final fight ended abruptly, when I mistakenly pressed word of recall. :( I had it slotted for when I was running around Reaver's Reach.

:) I've got the dragon knight gauntlets, to which I just switched from Fabricator's gauntlets.

:) No, you're right. But as I'm not a grinder, and if I do grind, I want it to be something I really want. Someone on myddo wrote that they had done something like 60 runs of ADQ on 3 different toons and only 1 torc. I don't feel it's worth the grind. If I would happen to get it, then sure, but it's not something I'm trying to get.

Torc is amazingly useful if you plan to do any soloing after level 10. Being able to solo chains of flame on elite at-level and only need the shrines for clickies was very satisfying (considering what that run was like the very first time I ever did it ;) ) greater spell pen vi is nothing to sneeze at either

:) I hate soloing, because I find it incredibly dull. I'm also never going to TR Thazara. With a bit of tactics I know she can solo at least some epic normals with melee, bb and dp. I was running Beyond the Rift epic normal (at lvl 20), but got bored, rushed and died. Went in again with a rogue friend, and we had no problems.

firemedium_jt
08-01-2012, 09:42 AM

Yeah, a big boost to BB. I have mixed thoughts on using clickies now. I use them a lot less. For 10-15 spell power it is hard for me to reach over and swap the item in and out for that much.

Now the Eardweller stacks though. The Ardor belts belts are another +20 to your healing. 45/160= 28%. Problem is 160 spell power is already enough to top off most toons. It might keep you from having to stack a heal scroll on top of heal spell though.

Now my light spell power is about 160. Only Brilliance click I have is +10. 35/160 is about a 22% increase with Eardweller. And with a DOT that is a lot.

Once I reach over to click eardweller it is less hard to click another item like ardor or brilliance.

So it sucks that we can not substitute the clickies for potency anymore and free up our hands for weapons, but there are more places for spell power and more martial weapons with spell power like Scimitars, and Falchons... my favorite weapons.

And I suppose the higher you get in spell power the less a click is worth using, so what spell power are you guys running around with?

PNellesen
08-01-2012, 11:18 AM
And I suppose the higher you get in spell power the less a click is worth using, so what spell power are you guys running around with?

Yeah, I ground up all my non-named clickies and vendored the named stuff off. My level 23 Cleric managed to find 102 + 15(?) Devotion/Impulse/Radiance items, and Superior Healing/Kinetic Lore items at the vendor in Eveningstar. I still haven't found a superior or major one-handed radiance lore item yet, so Green Blade will have to do for now. My level 21 Cleric/Fighter(s) both have similar gear setups, though I think they're slightly lower on the spell power scale (96 maybe? I'm not sure of exact numbers, have to get in game to see)

Regardless, it seems the cr*p you get from chests is better than Epic gear, and most named Spell power items you can find. They really borked up the old named items badly imo.

Habreno
08-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Current unbuffed spellpower is 218 on positive for a level 25 Cleric/Epic.

Micki
09-05-2012, 01:59 AM
I just farmed DD yesterday, and got my upgraded Vibrant purple Ioun stone... only to realize my archmagi hat + cunning trinket gave me +250 sp.. and by changing trinket I lose 50 sp :( I feel really bummed out that I bound the stone to char, and now have no use for it, since I'm never TR'ing this toon.

Here's what I have/my plan, in yellow what I have but don't use and in red what I wish to get:

Armor: Blue Dragonscale Robe/ Spidersilk robe
Head: archmagi hat, concentration+15
Neck: Alchemist's Pendant/ Symbol of the Shining Sun
Cloak: Magewright's Cloak/ GS hp cloak with heavy fort
Belt: Belt of the sun soul/ Heavy fort
Bracers: Bracelet of Madness/ Ethereal bracers
Ring1: Greater false life Signet of the Shining Sun
Ring2: Epic Ring of the Buccaneer tier 2/ Epic Ring of the Buccaneer tier 3 with greater false life
Main hand: Epic Ornamented Dagger tier3 / Epic Brigand's Cutlass (Scimitar) tier 2/ Star of Day/ MinII GS Scimitar

Since you can now trade commendations 3 for 1, getting the last cleric commendations should be that much of a grind, and I can get the spidersilk robe semi easy, I believe.

Thaz is keeping lvl 22, since I still have a lot of favor I want to collect before leveling her too high. She recently got US 5, and I swapped to EA. After I'm done collecting favor (wish will be far from now), I'm going to focus on leveling up the ED's, possibly all of them (need something to do since she's never TRing).

ka0t1c1sm
09-05-2012, 02:31 AM
/snip

Nice to see an update Micki. My computer crapped out on me so have been taking an enforced hiatus from the game. This was my Cleric's gear at last log in.

Armor: Breastplate of the Shining Sun
Neck: Symbol of the Shining Sun
Trinket: Holy Symbol of Lolth
Belt: Belt of the Sun Soul
Bracers: Tier III Green Steel Concordant-Opposition (300 SP)
Goggles: Tier III Mineral II Green Steel (45 HP)
Ring1: Signet of the Shining Sun
Shield: Light and Darkness (Unsurpressed)
Main Hand: Oathblade

Really missing the Superior False Life from the Epic Cavalry Plate, but otherwise liking what she's got so far.

Micki
09-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Nice to see an update Micki. My computer crapped out on me so have been taking an enforced hiatus from the game. This was my Cleric's gear at last log in.

Armor: Breastplate of the Shining Sun
Trinket: Holy Symbol of Lolth
Belt: Belt of the Sun Soul
Bracers: Tier III Green Steel Concordant-Opposition (300 SP)
Goggles: Tier III Mineral II Green Steel (45 HP)
Shield: Light and Darkness (Unsurpressed)
Main Hand: Oathblade

Really missing the Superior False Life from the Epic Cavalry Plate, but otherwise liking what she's got so far.

I think I would like the Light and Darkness shield :)

Question? Is your cleric multiclassed with fvs or sorc? Or how do you get 300 sp from con-op? I only get 150.

Habreno
09-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Question? Is your cleric multiclassed with fvs or sorc? Or how do you get 300 sp from con-op? I only get 150.

My guess is T1 is Wizardry VI, which is his highest, and therefore 150 from that + 50 tier 2 + 100 tier 3 = 300.

ka0t1c1sm
09-05-2012, 01:14 PM

It is a very nice shield. I'm hoping I can get my hands on the ML22 Wall of Wood (http://ddowiki.com/page/Wall_of_Wood_(Level_22)). The Devotion is higher on the ML23/24 versions, but I want the 20% Heal Amp since I already have 30% from the PDK Gauntlets. AND it will let me keep a melee weapon in my main hand and not have to switch to a Devotion stick. I hate set swapping on my Cleric. I've got enough on my hands babysitting 5-11 red bars and dropping DoT's without having to worry what weapon I've got equipped.

Pure Cleric (http://www.cygnusguild.com/roster/zandrine/).

My guess is T1 is Wizardry VI, which is his highest, and therefore 150 from that + 50 tier 2 + 100 tier 3 = 300.

This. I took SP on all three tiers.

Tier I: Negative - Wizardry VI (150 SP), +1 INT Skills.
Tier II: Positive - +50 SP, +2 CHA Skills, +6 WIS, +10 Diplomacy, +10 Haggle.
Tier III: Stalemate - +100 SP, +3 CHA Skills, Concordant Opposition.

ka0t1c1sm
09-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Just dawned on me that if I do get my hands on the Wall of Wood, the Devotion on it would free up my helm slot. Maybe swap the Alchemist's Crown for the PDK Helm...

Micki
09-06-2012, 12:54 AM
This. I took SP on all three tiers.

Tier I: Negative - Wizardry VI (150 SP), +1 INT Skills.
Tier II: Positive - +50 SP, +2 CHA Skills, +6 WIS, +10 Diplomacy, +10 Haggle.
Tier III: Stalemate - +100 SP, +3 CHA Skills, Concordant Opposition.

:) Ah. I was wondering why I didn't have the tier 1 sp. But, yes, Wizardry doesn't stack with archmagi, so my current items give me 150 + 200 + 50 sp, so I picked blindness immunity instead.

Micki
09-06-2012, 01:00 AM
It is a very nice shield. I'm hoping I can get my hands on the ML22 Wall of Wood (http://ddowiki.com/page/Wall_of_Wood_(Level_22)). The Devotion is higher on the ML23/24 versions, but I want the 20% Heal Amp since I already have 30% from the PDK Gauntlets. AND it will let me keep a melee weapon in my main hand and not have to switch to a Devotion stick. I hate set swapping on my Cleric. I've got enough on my hands babysitting 5-11 red bars and dropping DoT's without having to worry what weapon I've got equipped.

:) Yes, I'm not a fan of swapping for casting either. I actually like running around throwing bb and comet fall, then meleing what's still not dead, and throwing people a heal once in a while. But usually I use bursts and cure mod mass the most, so I try to stay in the middle of action and heal the melees. Bosses is a different story of course, then I only DoT and heal.

:) Oh, did I tell you I'm now leading a weekly elite Shroud on Thaz? She has gone from having troubles surviving in hard shroud, to being able to stay put and block in epic hard ADQ with the Unyielding Sentinel ED :)

ka0t1c1sm
09-06-2012, 02:17 AM
:) Oh, did I tell you I'm now leading a weekly elite Shroud on Thaz? She has gone from having troubles surviving in hard shroud, to being able to stay put and block in epic hard ADQ with the Unyielding Sentinel ED :)

Very nice!

Micki
10-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Here's a little update. :) Thazara just ran her 20th Shroud and got her essence of cleansing. She is currently lvl 22, US5 (rank 21) and EA2 (rank 11).

Here's her current gear setup:

Head: archmagi hat, concentration+15
Cloak: GS hp cloak with heavy fort
Belt: Belt of the sun soul
Bracers: Bracelet of Madness
Ring2: Epic Ring of the Buccaneer tier 2/ Epic Ring of the Buccaneer tier 3 with greater false life

Stuff I'd still like: Spidersilk robe, gs minII scimitar, +5 silver holy burst scimitar of greater evil outsider bane (gonna craft once I get the levels high enough) and perhaps a better shield. I also want to upgrade ring of the buccaneer to tier 3 and add greater false life.

In EA Thazara has with ship buffs 475 hp and over 2300 sp, in US ED she's 675 hp and 2011 sp. She is an elf with base con 12, so I think this is pretty good. I'd still love to get her +4 tomes, though. :)

firemedium_jt
10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Got my +4 Wisdom tome in TOD raid end chest. I was very lucky, and got lots of ooos. Got lots of +2 tomes there too non-binding. Have not ran it in a while and do not know how the drop rate is for +3 tomes. I don't see too many TODs up. Guess cause there are so many Epic loot drops with exceptional now?

Micki
01-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Hi all, updating my gear list again. As said a few times already, Thazara is caster with melee fallback. She is not an ac build, but I have been trying to boost her saves. She still needs more tomes, and I am planning to level/ max all EDs. Currently she has capped US, EA and GMoF (and has been lvl 25 for a while).

Here's her current gear setup:

Armor: spidersilk robes (cha+8)
Head: devotion +102, diplomacy+15
Neck: Symbol of the Shining Sun/ torc
Cloak: GS hp cloak with heavy fort
Belt: Belt of the sun soul
Bracers: Bracers of Twisting Shade/ Bracelet of Madness
Ring1: Epic Ring of the Buccaneer tier 2
Ring2: Omniscience
Main hand: Min2 GS scimitar/ +115 radiance scepter (something like that I'm forgetting now, will check this later)

:P Oh and if u're wondering, I am a bit nuts. Running epic elite demon web in grandmaster of flowers and meleing on a caster cleric. :) I don't do a huge amount of damage with melee (while stacking dp crits for over 1k, and I've seen heals crit for over 4k), only a fragment of what the real melees do, but it saves me mana (aura/ burst heals), might activate the torc/ con op, and I have something to do while healing. I don't waste mana on trash in epics hards/ elites, but save it for bosses/ heals.

I was looking at the named items list from Caught in the Web, and I would like the rapier for Thaz. Twilight is a very nice caster item, but since Thaz is light armor shield user (shield block+tumble), I wouldn't go for a 2hf weapon.

Thazara has run all quests in the game and most of them on elite. She currently has 4338 favor (if I am remembering correctly). She still needs Belly of the beast eE, the high road eE, Don't drink the water eE... then there are a few raids she's only done on hard or normal: LoB (hard), MA (normal), Abbot (hard) and CitW (normal). She also needs to run most challenges. :)

Ryan220
01-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Good on you.

Its great to see another Cleric enjoying their class.

Micki
01-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Good on you.

Its great to see another Cleric enjoying their class.

:) ty