PDA

View Full Version : Dear Devs, some low hanging fruit for you

Systern
03-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all your hard work on continuing to make this game fun...

I have a really big pet peeve, however, and would love it if you could change it...

The Standard chatlog is a bit of a mess. It has some extremely useful things in it, like when friends log in, how much plat and essences you get while crafting, what collectables you picked up, and so forth...

When you change zones, however, It also includes

(Standard): Changing to Marketplace
(Standard): Changing to Marketplace - trade
(Standard): Changing to Marketplace - advice

Which is completely irrelevant for windows that aren't listening to the general, trade, and advice lines. 5 lines of spam (for longer zone names) that scrolls relevant conversation out of the window. I'm on a laptop with a fairly low res, so my chat window isn't that big, so this is very annoying.

Can you change the zone change function to get these 3 entries out of "Standard" and put them in General, Trade, and Advice where they're actually pertinent?

Thank you!

learst
03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Right-click on the window name (e.g. General), it will open a pop-up menu. Go to Incoming -> and select/deselect the type of information you want.

E.g. for example I usually click on the Party window to allow me to get information from the guild chat as well.

sacredguyver
03-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Right-click on the window name (e.g. General), it will open a pop-up menu. Go to Incoming -> and select/deselect the type of information you want.

E.g. for example I usually click on the Party window to allow me to get information from the guild chat as well.
Problem is, this is an "all-or-nothing" change. He can't just turn off the extra messages, because doing so would turn off all messages that are considered "Standard."

However, if it's a long conversation in guild or party chat, I agree he can change to one of those tabs and will no longer see those messages. If it's for userchat channels, setting up a new tab that only sends/receives messages from the specific channel would be a solution, too.

balancetraveller
03-25-2012, 11:25 AM
On my old laptop of 1440 × something I got 3 chat windows housing literally a dozen tabs :D

#1 "Social" - 1 × Guild (default) + 4 × Channels

#2 "Business" - 1 × Party (default) + 1 × Combat

#3 "Story" - 1 × General (default) + 1 × DM + 1 × NPC + 1 × Trade

If I peek of something interesting on General I'll switch to corresponding tabs to continue the conversations :)

Gonna reorganize them a bit now that I've got a bigger screen :p

Systern
03-25-2012, 02:13 PM
The big problem is that since Standard has the friend logon/logoff messages, I WANT Standard on for most of these windows.

What I don't want is the extraneous noise that the game set up a listener for a channel that window isn't watching.

There's an option to disable general/trade/advice in private areas. Even with those checked, in a tab that's not listening to General, Trade or Advice, you'll get spam on Standard that the client's either set up to listen to, or ignoring these channels because you're in a private area.

These shouldn't be in standard. They should be in their respective General, Trade, or Advice channels.