PDA

View Full Version : Friends Comment Entry idea

msdesign
03-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi

I was checking on my friends list a minute ago and remembered a plain simple option it could have to make our lifes a bit easier. While searching the forums, I've found nothing regarding this.

When you know a single person with several toons and add one, then another, and another, you end up with all that player's toons. Now multiply that for the number of friends / contacts you have and get a decent amount of entries in the list.

My suggestion is a simple "comment" field per contact, where we can type in anything just to remind us what person is that (my favorite friend from the US, the other guy from France, the neighbours newest toon, whatever...)

I usually check the name of the contact's guild as a tip so I can remember who that contact is, but sometimes, the same player may have his/her toons spread out on different guilds...

Cheers.

Sidewaysgts86
03-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Another suggestion along the same lines:

Allow us to add a players/friends account name to our friends list. This way when we search our friends list we can see "MyUberAccount1337 Online UberWiz" or "MyUberAccount1337 Offline" in our list- instead of seeing "UberWiz Online, UberBarb Offline, UberPali offline, UberRogue Offline, UberFighter Offline", etc.

Bear in mind youd need to know the players account to do this, so you cant just go around adding everyone you see. Or to one up it require a confirmation from your friend to actually add their account name to your friends list.

Just my 02 cents.

rayworks
03-25-2012, 10:24 AM
I'd also like to make the friends list into the friends/enemies list. Let me note the bad people and their alts so I can avoid them more efficiently.

msdesign
06-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Right now I feel a little silly. I have just found that the game actually has this function. However, nobody here noticed me. I assume they didn't knew either.

So here it goes. For who wants to add comments in the friends list, click on the name you want to tag, then write the comment you want in the bottom box (write in the name of the person or whatever you want to associate with him / her), and then click the Update button on the right. Simple.

I hope this helps those with the same idea, tough.

Tshober
06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
I was thinking that it would be nice to combine a couple of the ideas suggested here. You could have the enemies list be account wide. When you add a character to your enemies list, all of their current and future alts would be auto-added. Much more effecient than /squeching them 1 character at a time!