PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer 1st life sorc need with gear

alemulet
03-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Hello all, lvl 14 WF earth savant (will change to water in lvl 15/16).
I dont have any great gear (using kora sell set for +5 stats, belt +6con, scepter magi and blademark docent), so as you can see pretty undergeared, and im rly lost about what itens to farm or craft, so asking for some help here.
Vip atm, so acess to all packs

thx in advance

Alex301
03-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Make sure you have some clickies such has superior spark clickies for all the elements you use. Each one will provide 9 minutes worth of +75% damage for spells of that element type. Also look out for major lore items to increase you chance to crit and your crit damage. Ofc you'll also want the basic gear such as a greater false life item and heavy/moderate fort item if you haven't already. You can find all these quite cheap on the ah.

I would start farming the orchard of the macabre (necro 4) for tomes pages to make a skiver and taps to make a mino's legens helm. I would also try to flag for abbot, which has several nice caster items. Zawabi's revenge drops the torc, which any caster will want, so flag for that and start running it. It also has a few other items that are nice to have.

Once you're a bit higher i would try to get a dragontouched docent and slot it with the appropriate runes. You'll also want to flag for the shroud and start running that whenever you're off timer to craft a concordant opposition item that will also provide more sp. After that is amrath and the tower of despair raid to get your rings and then there are epics once you hit cap.

alemulet
03-24-2012, 07:10 AM
thx for help, i already have all clicks for the lvl of spells, my crafter is lvl 50 all schools... about fort, i already have 100% (i know that after U13 this doesnt mean full protection agains criticals)... i think about minos here for such

armor right now aiming for elfcrafted and later dragontouched (but dunno what runes to use)
about gs itens will thinking about hp/conc opp googles... other sugestion?
sure torc is perfect for casters, but i dont thinking getting it in some time.. maybe after some tr's which i already planning

im using some crafted gear like ff/moderate fort ring which panning to take off for a master artificer ring (?) better options?

alemulet
03-24-2012, 07:23 AM
thx for skiver too, i didnt know about this item... but i got a doubt here, the archmage (+200sp) stack with gs sp item? i still didnt get that "stack or dont stack" thing about itens =)

balancetraveller
03-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Alex has got it pretty well outlined already... Basically it's now time for you to start replacing all of your random items with named loots, so start running raids constantly now on and you'll eventually discover what are the must-haves for arcanes.

balancetraveller
03-24-2012, 07:28 AM
thx for skiver too, i didnt know about this item... but i got a doubt here, the archmage (+200sp) stack with gs sp item? i still didnt get that "stack or dont stack" thing about itens =)

Yes.

And with U13, Skiver is an option that has become a LOT more viable for everyone. So start your Necro4 farming train now and get your Minos and Skiver ;)

Isharah
03-24-2012, 07:35 AM

The tier 2 and 3 SP effects in green steel count as "elemental spell power", while archmagi, power, and wizardry items all fall in one generic group.

Yes, the +50 and +100 SP effect from tiers 2 and 3 of GS items stack with archmagi.