PDA

View Full Version : Quiver

Vint
03-23-2012, 03:26 PM
A friend was telling me that the quiver of alacrity is getting nerfed. Is this true? Is there a post somewhere that I missed about it? Thank you in advance.

MrkGrismer
03-23-2012, 03:38 PM
A friend was telling me that the quiver of alacrity is getting nerfed. Is this true? Is there a post somewhere that I missed about it? Thank you in advance.

Hm, maybe not really your friend....

Nothing in the release notes: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066

Wraith_Sarevok
03-23-2012, 03:44 PM
No change to the quiver in the latest Lamania build and no news of it on the forums, so it's not true.

Aliss7
03-23-2012, 03:47 PM

In what way? If taking away striding is the nerf, and replacing it with something that actually _helps_ ranged, I am all for it.

Wraith_Sarevok
03-23-2012, 03:52 PM
In what way? If taking away striding is the nerf, and replacing it with something that actually _helps_ ranged, I am all for it.

Oh yeah cause striding 30% is SO useless to every other non-ranged class in the game...

Aliss7
03-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Oh yeah cause striding 30% is SO useless to every other non-ranged class in the game...

Huh? What's your point?

Bogenbroom
03-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Huh? What's your point?

Think he is getting at the 30% strider in a slow that many folks leave empty is very interesting for all of the non-ranged folks out there.

Dozen_Black_Roses
03-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Huh? What's your point?

The point would be it is a quiver, a slot generally useless to other classes, but with 30% striding and no minimum level, is a wonderful addition to any class.

-Zephyr-
03-23-2012, 04:31 PM
The point would be it is a quiver, a slot generally useless to other classes, but with 30% striding and no minimum level, is a wonderful addition to any class.

Exactly, but some people are unhappy that other people want the same item as them (in this case a "ranged focused" item desired by non-ranged builds), because they feel entitled to it if/when it drops.

Tyrande
03-23-2012, 04:42 PM

What friend?

The no ML rating is probably not WAI. Oh well, good things don't last long...
In that case it isn't a nerf, its a fix to give it a proper ML.

Brennie
03-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Exactly, but some people are unhappy that other people want the same item as them (in this case a "ranged focused" item desired by non-ranged builds), because they feel entitled to it if/when it drops.

I don't run Abbot much (read: Ever) so i don't have a particularly vested interest in this, but my main character is going through multiple AA lives at the moment...

I was against adding 30% striding as an upgrade to the quiver, especially with no minimum level. I feel Quivers should give Ranged benefits, and *only* ranged benefits (And i think a 10% non-stacking alacrity bonus is perfect in that regard, since it has its uses, but since it is essentially a "Free slot" the bonus is nothing overpowering and often trivialized by haste).

I feel this would be the equivalent of giving the Torc an upgrade of stacking +15 haggle. How miffed would the bluebars in a party be if the barbarian rolled and won the Torc because he wanted to upgrade it as a haggle-swap item? And this happened every time the torc was ever pulled?

The bottom line is, taking a rare and annoying to get (Since Abbot is not the most popular, not the most often-run-successfully, and is notorious for skunking and end list truncating) item with a very narrow purpose, and giving it a purpose for every character ever, means that the people who originally were trying to get that item now have significantly less chances to do so. And lets face it - Ranged characters really don't need another kick in the teeth.

quijenoth
03-23-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't run Abbot much (read: Ever) so i don't have a particularly vested interest in this, but my main character is going through multiple AA lives at the moment...

I was against adding 30% striding as an upgrade to the quiver, especially with no minimum level. I feel Quivers should give Ranged benefits, and *only* ranged benefits (And i think a 10% non-stacking alacrity bonus is perfect in that regard, since it has its uses, but since it is essentially a "Free slot" the bonus is nothing overpowering and often trivialized by haste).

I feel this would be the equivalent of giving the Torc an upgrade of stacking +15 haggle. How miffed would the bluebars in a party be if the barbarian rolled and won the Torc because he wanted to upgrade it as a haggle-swap item? And this happened every time the torc was ever pulled?

The bottom line is, taking a rare and annoying to get (Since Abbot is not the most popular, not the most often-run-successfully, and is notorious for skunking and end list truncating) item with a very narrow purpose, and giving it a purpose for every character ever, means that the people who originally were trying to get that item now have significantly less chances to do so. And lets face it - Ranged characters really don't need another kick in the teeth.

+1 to you sir! seen this sort of thing happen so many times in games past like everquest. It just causes player hate.

Matuse
03-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Barbarians already roll on the torc.

Non-ranged characters rolled on the quiver.

Vint
03-23-2012, 06:17 PM

Remvoing striding is what I heard. It may be useless to many, but I tr quite abit and 30% striding thru the harbor and Korthos is nice.

Wraith_Sarevok
03-23-2012, 06:27 PM
That's enough to make me ragequit.

Yeah, remove the striding bonus after I worked so hard to get the quiver AND the seal only to find out that they were both wasted on an upgrade that doesn't exist.

Um... NO?!

DrawingGuy
03-23-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm thinking that you're misreadinging it - no one considers 30% striding useless at ANY level. And that's the exact concern. Here a ranged char wants this quiver that holds a large amount of arrows and provides 10% alacrity... and they have pretty much no chance at the item because EVERYONE else wants it to for the no ML 30% stride that goes in a slot they don't use otherwise. That leaves room for delving, corrosion, etc without losing run speed. That makes your TR's less annoyingly slow. And that means that everyone that doesn't have one is rolling against that Ranger.

Now if there were other quiver options that were not generic junk, maybe it wouldn't be as big a deal, but the Quiver of Alacrity is the ONLY quiver that gives a stat bonus. The Quiver of Alacrity is the LARGEST quiver you can get (by 500x3 arrows) without donating (and it's expensive).

I would like to see more quivers added to the game. A Marksman Quiver (same as bracers) would be awesome. Another route for the Ranged Alacrity quiver. A Quiver of Returning x%.

And if we're looking to give it as a slot that can be of use to other classes, a Quick Quiver (30% stride) and a Quiver of Feathers (feather fall quiver). Things that can give the utility others want without taking it away from the ranged chars.

Teharahma
03-23-2012, 06:43 PM

Yeah, remove the striding bonus after I worked so hard to get the quiver AND the seal only to find out that they were both wasted on an upgrade that doesn't exist.

Um... NO?!

Yea, kinda this.
I would seriously ask some friends to harass Turbine or something. If you know what I mean.

Matuse
03-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm thinking that you're misreadinging it - no one considers 30% striding useless at ANY level. And that's the exact concern. Here a ranged char wants this quiver that holds a large amount of arrows and provides 10% alacrity... and they have pretty much no chance at the item because EVERYONE else wants it to for the no ML 30% stride that goes in a slot they don't use otherwise.

And how exactly does this really differ from the Litany, beyond the ML?

Rangers QQing because "their" loot is wanted by other people. Welcome to the club.

Ovrad
03-23-2012, 11:22 PM

Rangers QQing because "their" loot is wanted by other people. Welcome to the club.

For the simple reason that the trinket slot can be filled by various items giving various bonuses. Quiver is either quiver of alacrity, or no bonus. ... or if you're weird, you can always get that quiver that spams your inventory with unsellable arrows, but I wouldn't consider that an option.

Adding more quivers with bonuses definitely would help, but the new quiver of alacrity is hard to top.

Tid12
03-24-2012, 05:15 AM
Gotta agree with Matuse.

People is just crying that my loot is their loot. If the quiver drops, prolly you have zero-chance it will be up for roll (unless it dropped for someone that has already it). But guess what? So is litany. Wait for your 20th like everyone does to get your loot (also because the % are you'll see max 1-2 item dropped in your 20 runs) or be extreme lucky to pull one.

Btw, if you drop a litany, it is mine ;) i need it the most!

akash
03-24-2012, 05:24 AM
I have replaced my Cannith rocket boots with a GS boot, because I have upgraded my quiver. Now changing it again will mess everything up :(

SilkofDrasnia
03-24-2012, 09:47 AM
For the simple reason that the trinket slot can be filled by various items giving various bonuses. Quiver is either quiver of alacrity, or no bonus. ... or if you're weird, you can always get that quiver that spams your inventory with unsellable arrows, but I wouldn't consider that an option.

Adding more quivers with bonuses definitely would help, but the new quiver of alacrity is hard to top.

I think the main problem is that the quiver slot is pretty much useless except for this quiver, why not let us cannith craft some useful effects in this slot ? Why can't we craft quivers anyhoot? Is it such a complex item to make lol ?

Lifespawn
03-24-2012, 10:59 AM

Um... NO?!

they should leave the striding but add a ml as they did with the recently enjoyed noml +6 stat rings it's only fair.

Lifespawn
03-24-2012, 11:03 AM

litany has a massive bonus other than just the spell point saving clicky even out multiple stats and gain more damage is not comparable to the quiver having striding one is convenience the other is added in build layouts for max dps/stats everywhere.

Vint
03-24-2012, 12:31 PM
they should leave the striding but add a ml as they did with the recently enjoyed noml +6 stat rings it's only fair.

If they were to make that change to "newly pulled" quivers I would not complain. If they do put a ML on the one that I upgraded I would be pi$$ed. I would have taken another set of gloves on a 20th and not wasted it on the quiver. I could care less about the alacrity, I just want to keep my 30 striding while tr'ing.

smatt
03-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I dont' see them leaving the quiver as NML with 30 striding.. Why would that one single piece of raid loot be NML? It's nice yes..... But people thinking that's WAI are crazy ;)

Hokiewa
03-24-2012, 01:32 PM

Um... NO?!

You would really quit over this? That, I find amusing.

Comparing the quiver to the litany is simply absurd.

I would find it odd to remove the striding. The obvious fix is the ML as is the trend to retroactively "fix" no ML items they "missed" the first, second, third....tenth...time

Teharahma
03-24-2012, 01:36 PM
I dont' see them leaving the quiver as NML with 30 striding.. Why would that one single piece of raid loot be NML? It's nice yes..... But people thinking that's WAI are crazy ;)

Because it's not good for anything else ?

Other than the random ranged toon. Of which there aren't many.

Lifespawn
03-24-2012, 01:42 PM

Other than the random ranged toon. Of which there aren't many.

with the change to 10k stars and artificers added in there are many more ranged chars than before

Ryiah
03-24-2012, 02:47 PM
(Since Abbot is not the most popular, not the most often-run-successfully, and is notorious for skunking and end list truncating)

Solution to me seems to be teach more people how to run it. Perhaps even throw up regular groups advertising that you'll take newcomers. The closest I've come to doing it is to step inside, beat on the boss till a portal appears and then leap through it to see what a puzzle took. Beyond that I never saw anyone offering to teach how to run it.

Wraith_Sarevok
03-24-2012, 02:51 PM
How is having no min lvl suddenly considered a bug?

This item NEVER HAD a min lvl and STILL gave you the alacrity bonus at level 1.

So suddenly because it has striding you want to punish hard-working TR players by giving it a min lvl?

That's exactly the same as saying... oh I don't know... "Greensteel is too OP for lvl 11 and 12, so raise the min lvl to 16!!!"

Yeah, you just rehashed an ancient argument so unpopular that it never got off the ground.

Quit whining about how new players are weaker than TR's, go out there and do the work yourself to get endgame-level raid loot, and become just as powerful.

THAT'S only fair.

smatt
03-24-2012, 03:11 PM

Other than the random ranged toon. Of which there aren't many. There are lot so thigns in the game that are mroe or less useless... Lots of raid loot. The fact that they've never chosen to not change an obviosuly NOT WAI raid loot item, doesnt't mean they should leave it. Heck, it would be nice if they did leave it as is.. But they won't and you're fooling yourself if you think they will. They should leave the strding but make give it a Min lvl... IF they change it at all..

Wraith_Sarevok
03-24-2012, 03:14 PM
There are lot so thigns in the game that are mroe or less useless... Lots of raid loot. The fact that they've never chosen to not change an obviosuly NOT WAI raid loot item, doesnt't mean they should leave it. Heck, it would be nice if they did leave it as is.. But they won't and you're fooling yourself if you think they will. They should leave the strding but make give it a Min lvl... IF they change it at all..

Lolz, you keep saying they won't, yet have no evidence to back it up. Then you wonder if they will change it at all.

So which is it? Where's your dev post claiming they will change the quiver?

Where's your proof claiming it's not WAI even though they clearly touched the quiver during the last pass of Abbot loot and didn't change the min lvl? I'm waiting to see it.

smatt
03-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Lolz, you keep saying they won't, yet have no evidence to back it up. Then you wonder if they will change it at all.

Where's your proof claiming it's not WAI even though they clearly touched the quiver during the last pass of Abbot loot and didn't change the min lvl? I'm waiting to see it.

What are you talking about? I said they LIKELY will..... Someone else said they haven't so they shouldn't....

AFAIK there's no Dev post about anything on this subject... BUT show me another item that has no min level, and item from a higher level raid, that has the equivlent of 30% strding on it? They bork stuff all the time.. They make passes on stuff and still bork it over and over....This IS DDO we're talking about ;) My evidence is just that... An item that comes from a level 16 raid that has no min level, and has 30% striding on it... It's a perfect example of WAY overpowered IF it were WAI...

I think they change it... But hey maybe they will let it go..They've let other things go.. MANY other things, soemtimes they eventually get around to fixing/chanign them sometimes not...

You can live with your head in the clouds.. That's cool... ;)

Vint
03-24-2012, 04:50 PM

There were quite a few people that got no ML +6 stat rings, GFL rings among others. Were people crazy for thinking it was WAI? If it was that OP Turbine would have shut it down.

If they deem that this is OP it would be a wasted 20th for me, as well as wasted upgrade token.

Chai
03-24-2012, 06:06 PM
This is as poor of a demonstration in item design as the TOD rings were. The only difference is that the TOD ring sets actually label the PRE they are designated for, but everyone wants the same two sets anyhow.

Chai
03-24-2012, 06:12 PM

The proof is going to be in the next nerdrage thread after this one when everyones peeing and moaning about it, again. :p

This is what happens when they continue to mess with old world stuff.

Lifespawn
03-24-2012, 06:51 PM
There were quite a few people that got no ML +6 stat rings, GFL rings among others. Were people crazy for thinking it was WAI? If it was that OP Turbine would have shut it down.

If they deem that this is OP it would be a wasted 20th for me, as well as wasted upgrade token.

they did shut down the no ml rings

smatt
03-24-2012, 06:52 PM

They did shut it down ;)....

And we all have lot so wasted time in DDO... How many Walmart things have they added that made soemthign you spent months aquiring cheapened?

In any case, hey they might jsut leave it alone.. Who knows stranger things have happened..... I doubt it though... I'm not advocating for them to do anything, I'm just sayin' ;)

Vint
03-24-2012, 07:01 PM
They did shut it down ;)....

After months off people ransacking it. Even then people got to keep the no ML on the rings. They did not change to ML 11.

Edit, After talking with this friend he was joking with me about the quiver. I guess they are not nerfing it now, but I wouldnt be suprised if they did.

Lifespawn
03-24-2012, 07:13 PM
After months off people ransacking it. Even then people got to keep the no ML on the rings. They did not change to ML 11.

Edit, After talking with this friend he was joking with me about the quiver. I guess they are not nerfing it now, but I wouldnt be suprised if they did.

the rings got changed after a thread was started.....kinda like this

smatt
03-24-2012, 08:55 PM

Well, they changed the rings when they got around to doing it.. It was low priority really just as the quiver is I suspect. The rings are random generated loot, even though they're BTA so changing existing ones is next to impossible. Where as named and raid loot is much easier...

the rings got changed after a thread was started.....kinda like this

Nope, they knew about it, forumites liek to make connections like that. Just another low priority change they got around to doing.

Meh... They might, they might not... Who cares...

Purgatory
03-24-2012, 08:58 PM

LMAO this what happens when u mess with guildies rofl

post on the forum start poping up

I was just messing with ren cuz he spent all day trying to upgrade his quiver for his TR so I told him they gona change the no ml to 11 on it in the next update after he spent whole day running abbot....

poor flaby...

Xyfiel
03-24-2012, 11:49 PM
They should just nerf Flabby, problem solved.

Teharahma
03-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Well, they changed the rings when they got around to doing it.. It was low priority really just as the quiver is I suspect. The rings are random generated loot, even though they're BTA so changing existing ones is next to impossible. Where as named and raid loot is much easier...

Nope, they knew about it, forumites liek to make connections like that. Just another low priority change they got around to doing.

Meh... They might, they might not... Who cares...

How can you even compare +6 Strength at level 1 to 30% striding..?

Forzah
03-25-2012, 04:50 AM

You can walk backwards and swing an axe, killing everything without ever being hit.

maha0201
03-25-2012, 04:58 AM
You can walk backwards and swing an axe, killing everything without ever being hit.

You can do that without quiver or AC even ;)

LMAO this what happens when u mess with guildies rofl

post on the forum start poping up

I was just messing with ren cuz he spent all day trying to upgrade his quiver for his TR so I told him they gona change the no ml to 11 on it in the next update after he spent whole day running abbot....

poor flaby...

This is pure evil ! I support that ! :D

Vint
03-25-2012, 06:15 AM
poor flaby...

I hate you

smatt
03-25-2012, 06:22 AM

I didn't that was someone else..... Although , discounting 30% striding in a quiver slot? That's not insignificant.....

OK OK....

Nerf everything BUT the quiver... :D

Carpone
03-25-2012, 06:23 AM
they did shut down the no ml rings
...and severely limited the replayability of that quest chain. Turbine also didn't retroactively increase the ML on the no ML rings, just like they can't retroactively change the ML on Quiver of Alacrity that have already been upgraded. The genie is out of the bottle.

Lifespawn
03-25-2012, 06:28 AM
...and severely limited the replayability of that quest chain. Turbine also didn't retroactively increase the ML on the no ML rings, just like they can't retroactively change the ML on Quiver of Alacrity that have already been upgraded. The genie is out of the bottle.

not so sure about that the random generated rings might be hard to track down where as Raid loot and named loot has been changed becore such as the damage on SoS and the no ml epic rodericks wand.

Of course when they change anything that nerfs something it doesn't cost us anything to get the nerf but when something gets buffed you have to use tokens to get the new item.........that ****es me off.

Again i am not for or against the quiver being changed just pointing out that no ml on Raid loot can't be seen as anything other than not WAI.

smatt
03-25-2012, 06:47 AM
not so sure about that the random generated rings might be hard to track down where as Raid loot and named loot has been changed becore such as the damage on SoS and the no ml epic rodericks wand.
Yep...

Of course when they change anything that nerfs something it doesn't cost us anything to get the nerf but when something gets buffed you have to use tokens to get the new item.........that ****es me off. Ya charging for such thins is stupid..... There's no reasont o "Pay" for a fix to their screw ups.

Again i am not for or against the quiver being changed just pointing out that no ml on Raid loot can't be seen as anything other than not WAI. Pretty much the same here... I don't care either way... But how people can say theyplanned on that one item being NML, I have no idea. As I've said it's likely WAY down the list on things to do.... It may never change, but I wouldn't/won't be suprised if they do.

Ryiah
03-25-2012, 08:12 AM

They could do it but Turbine tends to avoid retroactively fixing things. Probably a good thing because I'm sure it would be both a waste of their time that could be better spent elsewhere and because they'd likely just break something.

I will definitely agree over the replayability of the quest chain though. The content is just not worth it past getting the experience because the items drop pretty often and aren't overly impressive.

mystafyi
03-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Well, they changed the rings when they got around to doing it.. It was low priority really just as the quiver is I suspect.

You know as well as I, that the no ml rings were there to spur purchase of the pack. Turbine did the same sort of thing with the lvl 13 pack(+4 no ml rings), the lvl 15 pack(+5 no ml rings) and finally the lvl 17 pack(+6 no ml rings)

To even suggest this was not intentional is silly.

smatt
03-25-2012, 10:30 AM
You know as well as I, that the no ml rings were there to spur purchase of the pack. Turbine did the same sort of thing with the lvl 13 pack(+4 no ml rings), the lvl 15 pack(+5 no ml rings) and finally the lvl 17 pack(+6 no ml rings)

To even suggest this was not intentional is silly. Who suggested that? Man this place is crazy... You say something and people just create random meanings :o If I said "The sky is blue" Someone would come along and say "You're crazy there are no planes up there right now" :)

Xeraphim
03-25-2012, 10:37 AM
What friend?

The no ML rating is probably not WAI. Oh well, good things don't last long...
In that case it isn't a nerf, its a fix to give it a proper ML.

Retroactively.

Chai
03-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Threads like this are hilarious. Doesnt surprise me though. People are very quick around these parts to ignore the fact that some things are too good to be true when it comes to bugs and items possibly not being WAI with the hopeful justification that if Turbine hasnt said anything about it in any capacity, it must just be OK.

Low priotity + long time to fix + them not talking about it at all just makes it all fine and dandy, right up to the point where they do nerf it, then the nerd rage threads fall from the pixelated sky like rain.

If three years of twitch combat and two years of barbarian capstone debacles have taught us one thing, its that if its too good to be true, it probably isnt WAI. They put a low enough priority on these things however that the long time in fixing the issue causes some to believe otherwise, and they will participate en masse, then act surprised when the nerf bat gets swung. This has happened enough times now where nobody should be surprised when this happens anymore.

jkm
03-25-2012, 11:34 AM

heh, how hard would it be to write this query?

(potential effect 1 + potential effect 2) > 5
and
ML = 0
and
itemtype = 'Ring'

smatt
03-25-2012, 11:48 AM
heh, how hard would it be to write this query?

(potential effect 1 + potential effect 2) > 5
and
ML = 0
and
itemtype = 'Ring'

I doubt it would be THAT easy.....

Vint
03-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Threads like this are hilarious. Doesnt surprise me though. People are very quick around these parts to ignore the fact that some things are too good to be true when it comes to bugs and items possibly not being WAI with the hopeful justification that if Turbine hasnt said anything about it in any capacity, it must just be OK.

Low priotity + long time to fix + them not talking about it at all just makes it all fine and dandy, right up to the point where they do nerf it, then the nerd rage threads fall from the pixelated sky like rain.

If three years of twitch combat and two years of barbarian capstone debacles have taught us one thing, its that if its too good to be true, it probably isnt WAI. They put a low enough priority on these things however that the long time in fixing the issue causes some to believe otherwise, and they will participate en masse, then act surprised when the nerf bat gets swung. This has happened enough times now where nobody should be surprised when this happens anymore.

So Turbine honestly thought that no ML rings were not OP when they released the pack? You dont think that they allowed this to spur the sales of the pack?

I know Turbine has to make money, but to call it a nerdrage thread is a little to far. Turbine knew that the no ML was OP, they just decided to let it go until they sold x amount of the pack.

This is why people get upset about it. If they were to put a ML on the quiver, I would not have taken it as my 20th end reward. So I could have another pair of gloves, and I would have my seal to upgrade something else.

As stated in an earlier post, I was misinformed about the change. If they are concerned more about getting my tp and RL cash, let me pay 1500 tp to keep my quiver the way it is. I find that when people are willing to spend RL cash nothing is OP and everything is WAI to a high bidder.

Feather_of_Sun
03-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi.

I worked with Genasi to design the upgrades for the Abbot and Reaver's Fate loot. Though not all of my ideas went through in their original form, as this was a team effort, the upgrade to the Quiver of Alacrity is exactly how I intended it to be.

I know full well that it has no minimum level, and has never had one.

We're not planning on changing it, nor has the subject ever even come up.

The entire point of it is that the upgraded version of this item is a fantastic convenience to a TR who has put the work in to get and upgrade the quiver.

So for Celestia's sake, you can all stop the wild rumor-mongering now.

If you see something in patch notes, it's official. If you don't, it's likely not true.

Glenalth
03-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Hoorays!

Also...

for celestia's sake

Lifespawn
03-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi.

I worked with Genasi to design the upgrades for the Abbot and Reaver's Fate loot. Though not all of my ideas went through in their original form, as this was a team effort, the upgrade to the Quiver of Alacrity is exactly how I intended it to be.

The entire point of it is that the upgraded version of this item is a fantastic convenience to a TR who has put the work in to get and upgrade the quiver.

If you see something in patch notes, it's official. If you don't, it's likely not true.

saving this post for the future :)

it's hard to know if something is intended because as we are told time and again if it's too good to be true it probably is.

Teharahma
03-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Ah, I love it when a plan comes together.

sephiroth1084
03-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi.

My problem with the sort of upgrade as was made there is that it takes a somewhat hard to get item for a niche character (archers, crossbowmen), and tacks on an ability everyone wants, so suddenly the original intended "audience" has to roll against everyone for the loot for which they would have previously been competing against maybe 1 or 2 other people.

We see similar problems on the Kyosho's and Encrusted ToD rings: their bonuses are very attractive to any melee, so everyone rolls on them, while most of the other rings get rolled on only by the intended class most of the time.

If the intent is to make the stuff generally attractive, that's fine, but doing so has some disappointing consequences.

Vint
03-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Hi.

I guess I will quit drinking the kool-aid that guildies offer.

Brennie
03-25-2012, 04:41 PM
My problem with the sort of upgrade as was made there is that it takes a somewhat hard to get item for a niche character (archers, crossbowmen), and tacks on an ability everyone wants, so suddenly the original intended "audience" has to roll against everyone for the loot for which they would have previously been competing against maybe 1 or 2 other people.

We see similar problems on the Kyosho's and Encrusted ToD rings: their bonuses are very attractive to any melee, so everyone rolls on them, while most of the other rings get rolled on only by the intended class most of the time.

If the intent is to make the stuff generally attractive, that's fine, but doing so has some disappointing consequences.

I feel this way about a lot of things. ToD rings are a good example. However, I think the quiver of Alacrity is the *best* example, since it was originally *only* useful to ranged characters (and still plenty hard to get), and now it is that much more unlikely for Ranged characters (Y'know, the only people who benefit from the base item in any way) to aquire one.

sirgog
03-25-2012, 04:42 PM

Not so bad in a raid where it comes up on most 20th lists (now at least that 20th lists work).

Plus ranged alacrity is outclassed by Haste which every character will have active a good 90% of the time from level 10 onward.

HungarianRhapsody
03-25-2012, 04:58 PM

If ranged alacrity were actually useful, I'd have more sympathy for the poor pew pews that now have to compete with everyone else for the quivers.

bhgiant
03-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi.

Feather_of_Sun is best pony, seriously. Everything that comes out of your mouth/keyboard is gold.

smatt
03-25-2012, 06:18 PM
And there it is..... The weekend DOoOOOoOooOooooOoooooooom is over :D

Carpone
03-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Hi.

Awesome, thank you!

Purgatory
03-25-2012, 08:34 PM
I wonder what i can say in guild chat next week that gona get all the forums up in arms again... muhahahha

Xyfiel
03-25-2012, 08:38 PM
So what you are telling me is...we are not nerfing Flabby?

/ragequit

:p

Tarnoc
03-26-2012, 12:29 AM
So what you are telling me is...we are not nerfing Flabby?

/ragequit

:p

you ever hit jello with a nerfbat before?

crimsonrazac
03-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Tbh they should just release the seeker tap of spell sight again. It would be amazing to see how fast threads saying the abbot quiver is op would vanish

Cyr
03-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi.

Huh.

I can't say that I am impressed with that logic. It's better then convience for a TR. It is actually best in slot period. So it is both best in slot and ML 1.

Mellkor
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Sheesh there are far more important things to worry about on this planet than if a make-belive item in a make believe world is worthy of "nerfing" or not. Especially this item.

:cool:

HungarianRhapsody
03-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Huh.

I can't say that I am impressed with that logic. It's better then convience for a TR. It is actually best in slot period. So it is both best in slot and ML 1.

Quiver of Alacrity isn't best in slot for anyone. This is.

http://i53.tinypic.com/dxzu54.jpg

Chai
03-26-2012, 09:38 AM
So Turbine honestly thought that no ML rings were not OP when they released the pack? You dont think that they allowed this to spur the sales of the pack?

I know Turbine has to make money, but to call it a nerdrage thread is a little to far. Turbine knew that the no ML was OP, they just decided to let it go until they sold x amount of the pack.

Preaching to the choir, heh. And yes, previous conjecture has ended up in nerdrage threads. Up until recently in this thread there was no confirmation one way or the other, which many will conjecture that it is WAI. They were right, this time, but there have been many times over the years where the conjecture that something is WAI is incorrect, and when it gets nerfed, people nerdrage about it.

This is why people get upset about it. If they were to put a ML on the quiver, I would not have taken it as my 20th end reward. So I could have another pair of gloves, and I would have my seal to upgrade something else.

It would still be the best item you can get in that slot, even if it were ML 20.

As stated in an earlier post, I was misinformed about the change. If they are concerned more about getting my tp and RL cash, let me pay 1500 tp to keep my quiver the way it is. I find that when people are willing to spend RL cash nothing is OP and everything is WAI to a high bidder.

Yeap, and knowing this, they should sell the upgrade shards in the store, heh. Remember though, the P2W has to progress slowly enough for people to welcome it when the next stage arrives. :p

Cyr
03-26-2012, 09:41 AM

Yeah, I have seen that one before. Truly unique items that are not available to the general public do not count.

SilkofDrasnia
03-26-2012, 09:43 AM

Hmmm nice where is this from ?

Chai
03-26-2012, 09:43 AM

Where do you loot that in game again? Oh wait, you dont. You fire up the delorian and jam on some 1.21 jiggawatts back to 2009 and win a contest. Then transfer your toon to a US server from a Codemasters server.

HungarianRhapsody
03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Where do you loot that in game again?

Yeah, I have seen that one before. Truly unique items that are not available to the general public do not count.

He said it was best in slot. The fact that you can't get a seeker tap anymore doesn't mean it isn't the best in slot. There are a bunch of items that you can't get anymore. You can't get a BtA PLIS anymore. You can't get ML 0 +6 Stat or Greater False Life or Striding 30% rings anymore (until the next pack that they want to sell, at least).

Can anyone name a quiver that would be better in that slot than a seeker tap?

Chai
03-26-2012, 09:58 AM
He said it was best in slot. The fact that you can't get a seeker tap anymore doesn't mean it isn't the best in slot. There are a bunch of items that you can't get anymore. You can't get a BtA PLIS anymore. You can't get ML 0 +6 Stat or Greater False Life or Striding 30% rings anymore (until the next pack that they want to sell, at least).

Can anyone name a quiver that would be better in that slot than a seeker tap?

If you want to get picky with your semantics, then its the best most will see for that slot. Saying that something nobody can get anymore is the best item in slot is a mere technicality for anyone who doesnt already have it.

SilkofDrasnia
03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
All in all though there is a stupid small choice for that quiver slot, lets us craft some stuff to put there.

Eme
03-26-2012, 10:51 AM
It is impossible for me to commit slander in a typed message on an internet forum you know.

Slander and libel are false or malicious claims that may harm someone's reputation.

HungarianRhapsody
03-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Slander and libel are false or malicious claims that may harm someone's reputation.

And slander is spoken while libel is written.

If you plan to go to your local police and ask for a warrant for the arrest of "some guy on the interwebs", it will be important for you to make sure you provide the correct charge.

That process would also be helped by actually having something libelous to show them, of course...

HungarianRhapsody
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Hmmm, I think you may actually want to check your facts. It was given as a reward for a contest by Codemasters and designed and approved by Turbine.

It had nothing to do with the Brannie Hunt which was occuring during the end of Keeper and Devourer days.

If those two events were unconnected, then I apologize for misremembering which of the events was legitimate.

Correlan
03-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Again, you really need to stop with the false accusations and innuendo. Both competitions were fully sanctioned by Codemasters.