PDA

View Full Version : XP & older content

Lagin
03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
This has been covered many times, but I think it's time to take this topic to task.

The older content has XP based from lower cap limits and other factors.

I can't suggest any factors or % to amend the older quests. I'm just suggesting, NOW would be a perfect time to tweak the xp table. (with the expansion release, yes?)

InsanityIsYourFriend
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
please? i mean seriously SERIOUSLY! coyle... 15 minutes.... elite full streak, pot/ship buff/voice/tome and im getting under 5k xp SERIOUSLY?! i think you should get 2k xp PER MINUTE!

Kinerd
03-22-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't think it's so much a question of old vs. new content. The House C quests are poor XP/min, for instance, while Tear, Delera's 2 and 4, Shadow Crypt, VoN 3 are still going strong. Or even better, look at Sane Asylum and Acute Delirium. Two quests in the same chain, one is outstanding XP and very very easy, the other is mediocre XP and one of the hardest quests in the game on Elite.

I think it's a question of XP/min not being a concern in quest development. I don't think it was based on lower cap limits, because I don't really think it was based on anything. The developers are reasonably intelligent, the only conclusion to draw is that the experience amounts were designed more or less arbitrarily, especially relative to the time of completion, which to be fair they might be completely oblivious to.