PDA

View Full Version : Please wipe our Lamannia toons!

Arkat
03-20-2012, 07:18 PM
The sooner the better.

I've got some new live toons I'd like to transfer over and experiment with.

Thanks.

Buttkierownsmade
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
No, please don't or if you do atleast spare my half orc barbarian/ftr lfe #5

Buttkierownsmade
03-20-2012, 07:32 PM
What are you scared of my half orc with gs??? XD

sirgog
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
/signed.

Mainly to drive the infestation of people with no live characters but Lamannia level 20s out of the game, so the server can be used to test rather than being dominated by people with no idea how to play at all that prevent any PUG testing.

Myrddinman
03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Don't you mean "whipe" :eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

chance2000
03-20-2012, 08:17 PM
MajMalphunktion
DDO QA

Hate to tell you...there is a wipe coming after U13p1.
Sorry, needs of the many and all that.

QuantumFX
03-20-2012, 08:17 PM

Crack that whipe!
Give last mod a swipe!
Step into a crack!
Break my.DDO’s back!
When a new mod comes along… you must whipe it!
Before character builds are too wrong… you must whipe it!
When something’s going wrong… you must whipe it!

Now whipe it
into shape
shape it up
get straight
go forward
move ahead
try to detect it
it’s not too late
to whipe it
whipe it good!

when a good time turns around… you must whipe it
you will never live it down… unless you whipe it
no one gets away… until they whipe it

i say whipe it… whipe it good
i say whipe it… whipe it good

Crack that whipe!
Give last mod a swipe!
Step into a crack!
Break my.DDO’s back!
When a new mod comes along… you must whipe it!
Before character builds are too wrong… you must whipe it!
When something’s going wrong… you must whipe it!

now whipe it
into shape
shape it up
get straight
go forward
move ahead
try to detect it
it’s not too late
to whipe it
into shape
shape it up
get straight
go forward
move ahead
try to detect it
it’s not too late
to whip it
whip it good

Myrddinman
03-20-2012, 08:43 PM
awesomeness...

I would +1 you sir, but the forum message says something in German that I don't understand :p

I think I have to wait and spread some more love around. The good news is that I am learning German, since my forum page want revert back to English :eek:

Sleepsalot
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes so the all of 20 people can not go on and test real good Idea here. Every server wipe here means less people wanting to take the Time to try and test..
Sleeps :D :) :D

/signed.

Mainly to drive the infestation of people with no live characters but Lamannia level 20s out of the game, so the server can be used to test rather than being dominated by people with no idea how to play at all that prevent any PUG testing.

sirgog
03-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes so the all of 20 people can not go on and test real good Idea here. Every server wipe here means less people wanting to take the Time to try and test..

Character copy fixes that.

It's impossible to test on Lama except either solo or with people you know on live servers. Wiping out the dev event 20s that don't know the first thing of how to play will make it possible to PUG without running into level 20 favored souls that don't know how to target party members to cast healing spells, or level 20 casters without Haste, or 400hp level 20 fighters with seven epic items.

You can't even leave them dead because they use the free raise cakes when you try to.

Sleepsalot
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
You mean when it works.. Character copy fixes that. And any time I have logged on Lammy outside of a Dev event there are at Most 20 people online. So really your logic is 100% wrong and Totally Flawed. But that is just what I have seen..

9:59 12 people ON Lammy counting my self..

Character copy fixes that.

It's impossible to test on Lama except either solo or with people you know on live servers. Wiping out the dev event 20s that don't know the first thing of how to play will make it possible to PUG without running into level 20 favored souls that don't know how to target party members to cast healing spells, or level 20 casters without Haste, or 400hp level 20 fighters with seven epic items.

You can't even leave them dead because they use the free raise cakes when you try to.

Buttkierownsmade
03-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Please spare my half orc barb then!!!!

blkcat1028
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM

Not gonna happen, mate. It's a preview server and it gets wiped every few updates.

/signed.

^This

I've been surprised to find out how many players, who don't have access to content on live servers, actually spend a lot of effort gearing insta-capped characters on Lamannia and then act petulant when the inevitable wipe comes around.

Silly.

Arkat
03-20-2012, 11:21 PM

No

MajMalphunktion
DDO QA

Hate to tell you...there is a wipe coming after U13p1.
Sorry, needs of the many and all that.

I said, "The sooner the better."

Blank_Zero
03-21-2012, 01:14 AM

You should roll him up on Khyber so he doesn't get wiped at all.

Gleep_Wurp
03-21-2012, 01:51 AM
you want a wipe when char copy hasnt worked for how long?.yeah thats a great idea. how about making sure char copy works at least 90% (you see i have reasonable expectations).i fully agree lama is nothing but a test server but i seem to recall some devs calling it a "preveiw server".someone needs to make up their mind ;)

Buttkierownsmade
03-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Hmm doesn't that live character transfer work including lammainia (I'm not talking about character copy but that other transfer tool)

Buttkierownsmade
03-21-2012, 09:05 AM
You should roll him up on Khyber so he doesn't get wiped at all.
Um.. I directly told someone who is liked more than normal of kookiekobold to spare my guy.. so it mght not get deleted..

Arkat
03-21-2012, 03:32 PM
you want a wipe when char copy hasnt worked for how long?.yeah thats a great idea. how about making sure char copy works at least 90% (you see i have reasonable expectations).

I character copied 5 toons all in one day towards the end of February.

As far as I was concerned, character copy worked just fine.

Superspeed_Hi5
03-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Um.. I directly told someone who is liked more than normal of kookiekobold to spare my guy.. so it mght not get deleted..

Dont hold your breath...wait a minute...DO hold your breath!