PDA

View Full Version : Epic Sorc Gear -Advise

Dumluck
03-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Just started running a few epics with my friends and was wondering if anyone had advise on which epic items would be good for dps sorc. Right now im an air prestige / Nero sorc. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Also working on an enchantment wiz, any advise on which items to start working on for this toon would also be appreciated.

Tid12
03-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Epic bracers of the wind Tier 3 (http://ddowiki.com/page/Bracers_of_Wind), 2 slots, can be a good start.

Epic helm of Frost (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Helm_of_Frost) has the +7 cha, its a piece of the abishai set and it has even a slot on it.

Epic Envenomed Cloak (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Envenomed_Cloak) +7 con item, +5 resist, can be slotted with toughness and heavy fort. Very solid item, comes from Epic chronoscope.

Epic Frozen Tunic Tier 3 (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Frozen_Tunic_(Tier_3)) when u nuke with your cold dot/spells against bosses. Also an item from the cannith challenges like the bracers.

Epic boots of Corrosion (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Boots_of_Corrosion) for the 3-piece abishai the best item after the cloak and the helm. It isnt that good but it has 2 slots that can help you. Echrono.

Epic Twisted Talisman (http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Twisted_Talisman) has 5 charges that gives you 50 SP each, very good clickie. It comes from the Red Fens chain (Seal in Epic last stand, Shard from the Epic Into the Deep, base item from last stand)

Can't think of anything else at the moment, ill edit when i think of some more.

IceCreamBlade
03-16-2012, 07:21 PM
epic gear for sorc? first thing that coems to mind is an abishai set (FULL set), 150 SP goggles(greensteel) and a staff of the petitioner

Dumluck
03-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys!!

jeremyt
03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
I enjoy epic blademark docent with my air/necro/ice spec WF sorc :)

Also epic elemental ess ring + air sav tod set

trinket =litany with Bauble + eardweller clickies

Alchemical crystal heavy shield tier 1 mystical water tier 2 mystical water tier 3 mystical fire

Alchemical one hander tier 1 martial air tier 2 martial earth tier 3 mystical earth

I as well like the helm + cloak + boots chrono set. Helps with staying unencumbered as well as loads of epic aug slots. Need at least 1 free green slot to use alchemical heavy shield so you can slot ASF 15%. Two is extra handy to slot toughness on.

Tid12
03-16-2012, 07:34 PM
epic gear for sorc? first thing that coems to mind is an abishai set (FULL set), 150 SP goggles(greensteel) and a staff of the petitioner

FULL abishai set is a waste IMHO. Gloves are useless, bracers even more, +3 con isnt that great and there are far more usefull things to put in those 2 slots.

The bracers of the wind i said above along with a +45 HP GS Gloves are far more usefull that the 5-piece abishai set.

Enoach
03-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Also some nice to haves - look at some of the epic wands

Epic Winter's Wrath - Otiluke's Freezing Sphere, Lesser Cold Augmentation IX (adds a level for your cold spells that exceed level 20 for damage), Superior Glaciation VII, Improved Glaciation IX

Epic Roderic's Wand - Augment Summoning when you need it without having to take the feat

Epic Cacophonic Verge - Greater Evocation Focus, Superior Resonance VIII

Epic Staff of Arcane Power - +6 Quarterstaff, Archmagi, Arcane Augmentation IX, Good Luck +2, Spell Selection for Staff of Arcane Power 50 Charges/Recharged 10/day

Outside of serving to improve Niche spells they also are in a common switch out spot (your hands) and come with Recharging charges. Additionally the wands all come with Wand Maximize - with just a few ranks in Wand Mastery each charge is easily 100 dmg per creature effected (there is the reflex save issue as its calculated at the wand's caster level)

DefunctEquation
03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Alchemical one hander tier 1 martial air tier 2 martial earth tier 3 mystical earth

Why martial air t1? For 4 useless AC? One would think mystical air t1 would be more useful.

Isharah
03-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Not an exhaustive list, but worth looking at i guess.

wall of text (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4304015&postcount=3)

PadrePio
03-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Didn't catch if you are WF or fleshie, if you are a warforged ( or you're planning to TR into one) I'd suggest a couple con opp items (iteam and weapon) and a torc, to turtle up and get some sp back, since getting aggro shouldnt be an issue to you. For that purpose, if you arent using an alchemical shield, as someone suggested, the epic weathered targe might be a good option, not uber DR (just 9) bue has no spell failure and Greater spearblock.
As some people already suggested, the helm of Frost + envenomed cloak + 1 more abishai set in combo with the elemental school related challenges item (tier 3) is a really good option (not easy to get tho, but that's the fun of this game, imo).

PadrePio
03-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Didn't catch if you are WF or fleshie, if you are a warforged ( or you're planning to TR into one) I'd suggest a couple con opp items (iteam and weapon) and a torc, to turtle up and get some sp back, since getting aggro shouldnt be an issue to you. For that purpose, if you arent using an alchemical shield, as someone suggested, the epic weathered targe might be a good option, not uber DR (just 9) bue has no spell failure and Greater spearblock. Also swap a ring to the ring of master artifice (even tier 1 or 2 is enough) when turtled up to get it procc'ing for a free 90hp repair.
As some people already suggested, the helm of Frost + envenomed cloak + 1 more abishai set in combo with the elemental school related challenges item (tier 3) is a really good option (not easy to get tho, but that's the fun of this game, imo).
also epic ring of elemental essence is really nice to have to boost up spells from other schools.

( sorry about the double post, was editing the original one and I accidentaly posted a new one...)

jeremyt
03-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Why martial air t1? For 4 useless AC? One would think mystical air t1 would be more useful.

Useless AC? My sorc will self buff to low 70's AC with tier 1 air. I dont find that worthless at all. Mystical air tier 1 and 2 are completely covered by epic bracers of air.

Going to bust out that toon's last wiz life before going back to sorc when im done with my melee project, when I swap back going to drop 2 con for 6 dex to up AC and reflex more.

Tid12
03-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Useless AC? My sorc will self buff to low 70's AC with tier 1 air. I dont find that worthless at all. Mystical air tier 1 and 2 are completely covered by epic bracers of air.

low 70 AC? Breakdown please?

jeremyt
03-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Anhilliation on thelanis.

Note this is with using L&D and HoGF which isnt in the final gear plan which would be alch heavy shield + litany respectively, but figuring gear adjustments for the swaps should actually be ahead not behind after the swap.

Isharah
03-19-2012, 03:57 AM
Making an AC type caster for epics is a bit too risky, especially if you can't hit that upper 90s mark.

It will probably be more worth it to just learn how to kite mobs and invest on some other equipment.

Inferno346
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
In any content where 70 AC will work, you will want to get hit for torc procs... in other words, you are a gimp reckter!

jeremyt
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM
well after 60 DQs the DDO gods deemed my sorc unworthy of torc ownership, so I made him a conc op neckie instead. Honestly Ive never run out of SP since the savant PREs came out though.

The AC gains me some misses and glancing blows with epic trash quite often.

LeLoric
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Why are people so fixated on the abashai set for sorcs. The only spell it benefits is polar ray. The helm is good and the cloak useful but none of the other piecesa re really worth it. a % piece set is ok for more hit points but taht means you cant use any of the superior lore items from the challenges except the tunic. The only savant I would use an abashai set on would be an ice savant.

Isharah
03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
why are people so fixated on the abashai set for sorcs. The only spell it benefits is polar ray. The helm is good and the cloak useful but none of the other piecesa re really worth it. A % piece set is ok for more hit points but taht means you cant use any of the superior lore items from the challenges except the tunic. The only savant i would use an abashai set on would be an ice savant.

xxx

Lifespawn
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM

full set is a waste the helm and cloak are nice everything else there are better things for

LeLoric
03-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Black dragon bolt benefits from this as well. Five-piece set would be pretty nice on an earth savant, though with the not-so-simple prerequisite of having T3 alchemical weapons.

No black dragon bolt is a conjuration spell and has no save the only benefit to conjuration spells is the +3 saves not +3 caster level which doesn't help black dragon bolt.

Isharah
03-20-2012, 03:29 AM
No black dragon bolt is a conjuration spell and has no save the only benefit to conjuration spells is the +3 saves not +3 caster level which doesn't help black dragon bolt.

Eh yes I stand corrected on that spell, I got confused there. x_x

Thanks.

Tid12
03-20-2012, 05:22 AM
Why are people so fixated on the abashai set for sorcs. The only spell it benefits is polar ray. The helm is good and the cloak useful but none of the other piecesa re really worth it. a % piece set is ok for more hit points but taht means you cant use any of the superior lore items from the challenges except the tunic. The only savant I would use an abashai set on would be an ice savant.

Are there any boots worth of something?

Rock boots on air savant just for 2 guards are pretty useless.
Golden greaves has too low DR that you can get with something else.
Firestorm greavers are situational.
Kundarak delving situational.

The boots for the 3-pc abishai at least has 2 slots, a guard that proc now and never AND it's good for polar ray, spell that im still using when nuking on my air savant.

Isharah
03-20-2012, 08:25 AM

The boots for the 3-pc abishai at least has 2 slots, a guard that proc now and never AND it's good for polar ray, spell that im still using when nuking on my air savant.

Don't forget the.... Cannith boots of propulsion! (hek :D)

I think LeLoric is just making a point that the 3-set isn't as critical as implied for all but water savants.

Abishai boots is really good too, but not *needed*.... but it's still good. XD

Tid12
03-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Don't forget the.... Cannith boots of propulsion! (hek :D)

I think LeLoric is just making a point that the 3-set isn't as critical as implied for all but water savants.

Abishai boots is really good too, but not *needed*.... but it's still good. XD

That was my point as well.

Nothing better in the boots slot so why dont bother with 3-pc since it helps at least polar ray? Even on non-water savants cause its cap is 25.

If someday we get a pair of boots with something better on them, id be the first to give up the 3-pc abishai ^^

LeLoric
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM

I love the rock boots myself on most any character. The dual guards are fantastic at reducing dmg taken. Most any mob that is able to get a hit in on you will likely be able to get at least two hits before you can neutralize/kill/get away from it. With the rock boots this second hit is a lot less likely. When talking the 70-90 point hits that are so common in epic content this can be a big difference.

I know some fleshy sorcs that never remove their epic kundarak boots.

Others like the flexibility of having all the ones you listed and others just for a wear whats needed.

Some may put greensteel here to free up other slots for better options.

There is just no clear cut winner and Im not sure the three piece bonus to an off element single target dps spell that is much inferior to dots in most single target dps options is better than other options out there.

Biggest thing is I see people saying the three piece set is a must have which it is far from.