PDA

View Full Version : 50% off discounts

zeus0407
03-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi all, and hi Turbine members

Im just wondering, cause once, long ago you did great things for players, you used to suprise them with 50% discounts on some useful stuff like adventure packs, some class or race, or something that is really useful, and its been ancient history since some very good thing was on such sale, will you ever again do such actions?

Or now once you have a suitable amount of players, such suprises are gone, and youll just give things like light healing rods on good sales, and preorder options for future packs??

I hope there will be some response.

see you around

Shanadeus
03-17-2012, 11:37 AM
I think their response to you was a 75% on the low-level adventure packs :p

herzkos
03-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I think their response to you was a 75% on the low-level adventure packs :p

Shhhh. that's a secret!!!! it's not like they advertised on the forums or on the launch page or even on
the splash screens in the game.

zeus0407
03-18-2012, 06:33 AM
well i dont think this as response, and i dont know if it should count, cuase there was no dvertising, not even on ddo sale tracker

response i would like would be any official reply from them, anythinf from: "yes there will be future 50% discounts on packs, banks, clases..." or "no there wont be any more 50% discounts, we are changeing our client approach, maybe once a year if youll be lucky well give some discount"

learst
03-18-2012, 07:01 AM
well i dont think this as response, and i dont know if it should count, cuase there was no dvertising, not even on ddo sale tracker

response i would like would be any official reply from them, anythinf from: "yes there will be future 50% discounts on packs, banks, clases..." or "no there wont be any more 50% discounts, we are changeing our client approach, maybe once a year if youll be lucky well give some discount"

And what's the benefit for them to inform you? From some of the posts by the forum users, they penny-pinching scavengers who are always on the lookout for the best sales, such as Festivault.

Why would Turbine inform them to give them an upperhand on making their planning around easier? By making it harder to buy things on sale, Turbine is maximising its possibility of folks buying at higher prices.

Expalphalog
03-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Im just wondering, cause once, long ago you did great things for players, you used to suprise them with 50% discounts

i dont know if it should count, cuase there was no dvertising

So you want a surprise, but want to be told about it in advance?

cdbd3rd
03-18-2012, 10:54 AM
So you want a surprise, but want to be told about it in advance?

Now, now... Doncha be goin an using that good ol Midwesterner logic on them Coastlanders. Makes em all itchy & scratchy when we do that. ;)

zeus0407
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Well just as any other time you western minds jump to conclusions, i never said i would like to know exact date or direct future plan for discounts? Where did i say that?

But never mind, i got my answer elsewhere, and answer i wanted to know, not the answer you think i wanted.

I guess these days you need to write every word, than explain that for for most of people would understand it

Plus if you dont advertise something, how will people know about it? And now i dont just mean about specific subject like adventure pace in DDO store, now i asked semi rhetorical question in general, and semi means i may or may not expect answer or just an half an answer is someone feels like adding something inteligent, and not just coment to collect posts :)