PDA

View Full Version : better Cosmetic Pet

decease
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
my idea is let Cosmetic Pet pick up all the collectable for you... coz for now they are no use at all, and they don't look that good either..

p.s. would be even better if pet "peak" sometime.. either by random or trigger by certain event.

Alrik_Fassbauer
03-12-2012, 08:06 AM
I often see them in the streets - I think that a slightly faster running animation would do them good ...

Uska
03-12-2012, 08:44 AM
well while that would be nice and useful they would no longer be truly cosmetic then

decease
03-12-2012, 10:03 AM
well while that would be nice and useful they would no longer be truly cosmetic then

yea but those helm with stats are consider "cosmetic", plus a pet that picking up loot will have no effect on gaming balance at all.. not even a tiny bit.. so it is still cosmetic by all means.

cdbd3rd
03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
yea but those helm with stats are consider "cosmetic", plus a pet that picking up loot will have no effect on gaming balance at all.. not even a tiny bit.. so it is still cosmetic by all means.

Unfortunately, if they were able to interact with items in quests, they would also have to be 'agroable'. It would be insanely abused if they were able to go grab things without being at risk from traps/mobs.

decease
03-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately, if they were able to interact with items in quests, they would also have to be 'agroable'. It would be insanely abused if they were able to go grab things without being at risk from traps/mobs.

no~~ no need, in fact they don't have to touch anything with the pet.. at least nothing been done changing their coding.. all they need to do is when pet are call out character will auto pick up things around them.

you see we don't have to put it on pet it self.. the pet just active the ability.. to me it seem they just make pet a Boolean or some sort, it really doesn't exist anywhere. when player call pet out it will tell sever to tell all client to create pet behind the player.. at least that's how it seem to be done

p.s. they do need to make a tiny script client side which drive pet toward loot before looting it, but it shouldn't be anything hard by theory..

Uska
03-13-2012, 08:25 AM
no~~ no need, in fact they don't have to touch anything with the pet.. at least nothing been done changing their coding.. all they need to do is when pet are call out character will auto pick up things around them.

you see we don't have to put it on pet it self.. the pet just active the ability.. to me it seem they just make pet a Boolean or some sort, it really doesn't exist anywhere. when player call pet out it will tell sever to tell all client to create pet behind the player.. at least that's how it seem to be done

p.s. they do need to make a tiny script client side which drive pet toward loot before looting it, but it shouldn't be anything hard by theory..

would be more wasted dev time on something likely to bug