PDA

View Full Version : Please update Three Barrel Cove

KillEveryone
03-11-2012, 08:31 AM
This is such a nice pack. Great explorer area, I like the quests.

It isn't a must buy though so unless one is VIP, players are unlikely to have this pack making grouping for this area difficult.

XP to time isn't very good since harbor/market/houses will get you well past the level range for this pack and there isn't any loot out there that is worth having. There is technically a named item out that but that was more to help teach players that trolls take extra damage from fire.

Mostly, people run this for favor if they actually want Free Agent favor if they don't have access to any better rogue tool than +4.

decease
03-11-2012, 09:03 AM
totally agree! they need to make epic for it or at least give some reason for people to consider doing it.. i mean other then favor..

Matuse
03-11-2012, 09:48 AM
It doesn't need to be epic.

It needs to have its level range boosted to 15-18, and a few named items sprinkled in.

voodoogroves
03-11-2012, 10:17 AM
It doesn't need to be epic.

It needs to have its level range boosted to 15-18, and a few named items sprinkled in.

15-16 (Bravery folks will hit this at levels 17 and 18; no reason to make higher level quests for TRs).

Named items yes; a while back someone suggested to keep the hat barter box or other portions of CC active there and have the quests drop ingredients

The public area / town needs a few amenities as well.

Lordress
03-11-2012, 10:41 AM
/signed

I love the explorer area. When i first went there i was just amazed at how beautiful it was. I really enjoy being out there...for a while. But then, it becomes pointless; there's really nothing out there worth staying for.

I'd love for some unique loot to find it's way out there, and/or upping the level, but would especially like if it had/kept some of the Crystal Cove stuff going all the time. Hell, just adding that out there would probably be enough to get a good many people out there again.

~L

shores11
03-11-2012, 10:45 AM
It's one of the bigger wilderness areas in the game but the number of quests in it is not enough. There needs to be 4-6 more level 5-7 quests out there and it will get a lot more attention. They need to keep the pirate them going in that area though.

brightfang
03-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Add a raid. A low level raid like Chronoscope except with pirates instead of Devils. People will go to 3BC then. If the raid gear is only valuable to low levels and can't be made Epic, the level 5-7 people will run it but level 20 loot runs will not be done.

macubrae
03-11-2012, 01:21 PM
And like almost everyone else, I feel that it needs some love. Less then half of my toons have been out there because they level past it too quickly. There needs to be a reason for players to want to buy the pack and go out there. I don't know if it needs a raid, named loot, the quests chained together, or a level/XP bump, but I feel something needs to be done.

1) A raid works every time, make it an Epic raid, and it'll be purchased at it's current rediculous price.
2) Named loot, even if it is low level bane weapons, it'll be good TR loot.
3) Chain together the quests and give an end reward similar to splinterskull.
4) A level/XP bump by itself probably won't do it, but add in any of the above and it will work.

I would love a GOOD reason to put this on all of my new toons "must do" list.

Ungood
03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
This is such a nice pack. Great explorer area, I like the quests.

3 Barrel Cove would do well to have several "new" packs junction to it. Not stand alone packs, but "Upgrades" to the basic 3 Barrel Cove Pack.

IE:

3 Barrel Cove - Gives the Explorer area and the Basic Quests.

Then you Offer: Expansions to the existing Basic Pack Like:

3 Barrel Cove Expansion Pack: "Dead Men Walk The Sea" Levels 8 - 12

Includes 4 New Quests Added to the Existing 3 Barrel Cove Pack, requires 3 Barrel Cove to gain Access to the Explorer Area. Cost 350 TP
3 Barrel Cove Expansion Pack: "Sunken Booty" Levels 12 - 15
Includes 4 New Quests Added to the Existing 3 Barrel Cove Pack, requires 3 Barrel Cove to gain Access to the Explorer Area. Cost 350 TP
3 Barrel Cove Expansion Pack: "Captain's Retreat" Levels 15 - 18
3 Barrel Cove Expansion Pack: "Undying Plauge of Rats" Levels 18 - 20
Includes 4 New Quests and 2 Raids, Added to the Existing 3 Barrel Cove Pack, requires 3 Barrel Cove to gain Access to the Explorer Area. Cost 500 TP

Then you Put in Special Upgradable Items in the Basic 3 Barrel Cove Pack like:

Scalawag Raggedy Tunic
Scalawag Worn Boots
Scalawag Blood Stained Silk Sash
Etc, etc,

Then in "Deadmen Walk the Seas" you have things called "Freebooter's <item>" which when combined with any of the "Scalawag" items, you upgrade them into better items.

IE: Freebooter's Headcount Badge would Combine with the Tunic, while a Freebooters "Buckle" would combine with the Sash. Etc, etc, etc.

Thus:
Scalawag Raggedy Tunic + Freebooters Headcount Badge = Freebooters Vest
Each "Expansion" has their own list of stuff to upgrade with, IE:

"Sunken Booty" has the Corsair's stuff in it to upgrade the Scalawag or Freebooters.

"Captains Retreat" obviously offers Captains stuff.

"Undying Plague Rats" offers Admirals Stuff.

Till finally the Raids offer;

Dread Admirals Upgrades (AKA: Epic)

This would so make the entire zone such a totally new area and revitalize everything in it. Which I think would be awesome.

azrael4h
03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Definitely signed.

3BC is one of my favorite explorer areas, it's just that outstanding to me. I always hit it at least once per life. That said, it could use either a bump in level and difficulty to the high levels since we are well over-saturated at the level it's at, or some loot worth running the quests and rares for. I favor the former, but am not particular.

voodoogroves
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
It wouldn't be bad to put Storming the Beaches or Black Loch there either, but that mixes P2P content.

GeneralDiomedes
03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
It wouldn't be bad to put Storming the Beaches or Black Loch there either, but that mixes P2P content.

They could just combine those two adventure packs into a single one .. I doubt they are selling many three barrel packs anyhow.

Hutoth
03-11-2012, 02:47 PM
And like almost everyone else, I feel that it needs some love. Less then half of my toons have been out there because they level past it too quickly. There needs to be a reason for players to want to buy the pack and go out there. I don't know if it needs a raid, named loot, the quests chained together, or a level/XP bump, but I feel something needs to be done.

1) A raid works every time, make it an Epic raid, and it'll be purchased at it's current rediculous price.
2) Named loot, even if it is low level bane weapons, it'll be good TR loot.
3) Chain together the quests and give an end reward similar to splinterskull.
4) A level/XP bump by itself probably won't do it, but add in any of the above and it will work.

I would love a GOOD reason to put this on all of my new toons "must do" list.
Definitely signed on this.

snipped colorful pitch
I'd also go for this.

Mad_ScientistsNH
03-11-2012, 04:43 PM
I agree, 3BC needs some love. There just isn't enough content there, but it's a fun area that feel kind of empty and half-finished.

ssgcmwatson
03-11-2012, 04:59 PM
It needs a teleporter similar to GH,

EnjoyTheJourney
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I bought 3BC fairly recently as a premium player, as I really liked it when VIP.

I like a variety of suggestions to make the pack more attractive. I'm not a fan of altering the level range. Bumping up the level range on 3BC could be very frustrating for casual players who bought 3BC, many of whom may have never gotten beyond, say, level 12, and who would have every right to be royally cheesed off if they log on and then find 3BC suddenly well out of the level range of their existing characters.

On that note, 3BC was sold as a pack that provided play in a certain level range and it should stay in the level range for which it has always been advertized as being for sale. It might please a microscopic fraction of the playerbase to fiddle with the level range of a pack, after it has been sold. It would undermine trust very effectively for other players, though.

Leave the level range of existing packs alone. If there's a hole somewhere in the leveling range, then new content can be developed for that level range.

Ungood
03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I like a variety of suggestions to make the pack more attractive. I'm not a fan of altering the level range. Bumping up the level range on 3BC could be very frustrating for casual players who bought 3BC, many of whom may have never gotten beyond, say, level 12, and who would have every right to be royally cheesed off if they log on and then find 3BC suddenly well out of the level range of their existing characters.

I agree, what was made should be left alone, just add some named drops to it, maybe a little extra exp. but leave the quests and all that alone for the base set and just Add more content to it to up the level bracket.

Or such is my idea.

licho
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM
True story: I jumped recently on another sarver, just to play with builds, and take break from cap grind.
What really was fun, was the ability to run STK/TR/Sharm insteed of classic Harbour/Marketplace stuff. And get a better loot from there.

So...
- Keep it where it is, for some folks having alternative from running other low level stuff is a value .
- Make it easier to get there, and move around the isle.
- Raise the base xp by 50%, so goint there will be worth the time.
- Give it named, twinked, loot. And a lot of this.

Whats funny with all new packs, is that every quest has some specific item, which sometimes may be useful.
This rule could be applied to old content as well.

FranOhmsford
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
As to level range - Lvl 5 is currently oversaturated with P2P Quests:

Tangleroot - Pt 5 & 6
Mystery of Delera's Tomb
Necro1 - 4 quests {Bloody Crypt is Lvl 6}
All of Phiarlan Carnival
STK - Final Quest
3 Barrel - Prove Your Worth, Guard Duty, Ghost of a Chance, The Fire Caves {2 parts} and The Legend of Two Toed Tobias {3 Barrel's best quest in my opinion}.

At lvl 4 You have 6 Sharn Syndicate Quests, Tangleroot Pt 3 & 4, The final quest in Catacombs and 1 STK quest.

At Lvl 6 You have Return to Delera's {not really a quest but gives favour} and Valak's Mausoleum {Dead Girl's Spellbook}, The Bloody Crypt as I've already mentioned, Tangleroot Pt 7 & 8, Sorrowdusk Pt 1 & 2, Devil Assault & Chronoscope and in 3 Barrel The Trog's Get.

Then at Lvl 7 The final 2 quests in Tangleroot, Pt 3 & 4 of Sorrowdusk, The Sentinels Chain Quests, Pt 2 and 3 of Delera's and in 3 Barrel The Scoundrel's Run and Old Grey Garl.

To make 3 Barrel worthwhile at level {I'm completely against arbitrarily raising it to Vale territory} it's gotta do more to compete with all of these.

Sharn has good Twink loot {Crafting and Chronoscope have lessened it} and Coin Lord Favour {not really needed as there's more than enough ingame}.
Tangleroot also suffers from the same problems with crafting and Chronoscope loot but has far better favour rewards.
Delera's I'd suggest simply moving Mystery to Lvl 6.
Necro 1 is absolutely necessary for those who want Silver Flame Pots but completely pointless to do at level otherwise {If you've got someone to open Bloody Crypt for the xp that is}.
We'll ignore STK and Catacombs.

This just leaves Phiarlan Carnival as the one absolutely necessary Lvl 5 pack in my opinion - One Problem:

Small Problem is NOT a Lvl 5 quest!

Partycrashers and Big Top could also easily transfer to lvl 6 {Snitch would need reworking as it's currently by far the easiest of the 4}.

Move Carnival to Lvl 6!

Now back to 3 Barrel:

Guard Duty - Currently gives 6 favour and Solo style Plat reward - Drop this quest to Lvl 4
Prove Your Worth, Ghost of a Chance, Legend of Two Toed Toby and The Fire Caves - Absolutely fine where they are - All need rare loot though:

Min Lvl 4-8 Crystal Cove gear would be a good choice.

Scoundrel's Run - This is far too easy for lvl 7 - Drop it to Lvl 6 - Add in chance at Stalwart and Nimble Trinkets.

Old Grey Garl - Slightly harder than Scoundrel's Run but wouldn't need any changes to be dropped to lvl 6 along with Trog's Get.

End Chain Reward after doing these final two quests - Full upgrade token for Stalwart or Nimble Trinket OR Min Lvl 12 Upgrade Token for loot from previous quests.

Slayer caps at Lvl 8 - With these changes elite quests would also cap at lvl 8.

Oh and for those needing high lvl content - Add Smuggler's Rest Slayer zone to 3 Barrel with 3 instances {Lvl range 8-12, 13-16 and 17-20}.

On a side note - Tangleroot's final two parts could easily be dropped to level 6 and Sorrowdusk's first two parts moved up to Lvl 7 - This would benefit both chains immensely.

KillEveryone
03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I bought 3BC fairly recently as a premium player, as I really liked it when VIP.

On that note, 3BC was sold as a pack that provided play in a certain level range and it should stay in the level range for which it has always been advertized as being for sale. It might please a microscopic fraction of the playerbase to fiddle with the level range of a pack, after it has been sold. It would undermine trust very effectively for other players, though.

Leave the level range of existing packs alone. If there's a hole somewhere in the leveling range, then new content can be developed for that level range.

I'd just like to see some named loot and a fast travel feature to the quests.

I wouldn't mind epic but that is different than changing the level.

dodger72
03-12-2012, 08:02 AM
didn't read the whole thing, so I don't know if this was stated (thought I did see a raid suggestion).

Tie this pack into Crystal Cove, dump the items in there (where-ever, quests, rare chests...so on)....make the quests Epic and add in the dubloons and such, but not at a high drop rate. Put a trade box either in the explorer or within the raid to be created (like this idea) and roll on out. That way...the CC is still alive and kicking in one aspect, you can update your stuff still if you missed out.

Make the raid similar to DA where normal is 5-7, hard is 12-15 and elite is 17-20 or something.

My two cp.