PDA

View Full Version : Portable Hole Weapon

Syllph
03-07-2012, 06:29 AM
I have quite a few Collapsed Portable Holes collecting dust in my bank. Lets turn them into weapons:

Portable Hole Weapon: Can be equipped like a throwing weapon. Creates a vortex like the one seen in weapons shipment and annihilates all enemies in it's wake. (Red names not included)

:)

WielderofGigantus
03-07-2012, 07:09 AM
It's been done before in PnP.

You take a portable hole, roll it up and stick it inside a hollow arrow. Instead of an arrow tip, you have a tiny bag of holding at the end. When the arrow strikes a solid surface, the momentum causes the portable hole to enter the bag of holding. This results in fabric of reality being ripped open, killing/banishing anything within 10 feet.

Silverwren
03-07-2012, 07:24 AM
I have quite a few Collapsed Portable Holes collecting dust in my bank. Lets turn them into weapons:

Portable Hole Weapon: Can be equipped like a throwing weapon. Creates a vortex like the one seen in weapons shipment and annihilates all enemies in it's wake. (Red names not included)

Way too overpowered.

This needs to be nerfed even before it's created. :D

EbbOnFire
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM

Another idea: Collapsed Portable Holes can be equipped as a trinket. The trinket has 5 charges (non-replenishable) of a single-use Teleport spell.... to the Portable Hole. ML1.

Also, you get a free drink once you get there.

Asketes
03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Another idea: Collapsed Portable Holes can be equipped as a trinket. The trinket has 5 charges (non-replenishable) of a single-use Teleport spell.... to the Portable Hole. ML1.

Me Gusta

MrFister
03-07-2012, 10:47 AM

I like it, but I think they should be single use, and you can use them on anyone.

That way you can dance someone with Kormor's, then port them to the Hole, still dancing away.

danotmano1998
03-07-2012, 10:48 AM

Thats a pretty cool idea!!
(Maybe not the equip part...Just make it an inventory clickie!)

/signed on this

countfitz
03-07-2012, 12:42 PM
We need to go a few steps further, and include all the items that collect dust in our banks that we refuse to toss.

So far I can think of large bones. But I know there's a huge list of possibilities. Anyway, lets come up with a list, then find a way to put them all together in one epic, thematic and one shot item.

Delssar
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
It's been done before in PnP.

You take a portable hole, roll it up and stick it inside a hollow arrow. Instead of an arrow tip, you have a tiny bag of holding at the end. When the arrow strikes a solid surface, the momentum causes the portable hole to enter the bag of holding. This results in fabric of reality being ripped open, killing/banishing anything within 10 feet.

Found a picture of it for ya

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/842/superweaponarrowhead.th.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/superweaponarrowhead.gif/)

kilagan800
03-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Another portable hole idea item...

How about using a portable hole at an alter, something like the stone of change, with a +1 tome to create a scroll case 10 spaces for 10 scrolls ea. Then a portable hole with a +2 tome for 20 spaces. And a portable hole with +3 tome for 40 spaces.

All three scroll cases could be made of different materials....

bone case - 10 chipped bone talismans

silver case - 20 silver bowls

jeweled case - 40 stellar orbs

So to be perfectly clear....

bone scroll case (10 slots) - portable hole, +1 tome, 10 chipped bone talismans

silver scroll case (20 slots) - portable hole, +2 tome, 20 silver bowls

jeweled scroll case (40 slots) - portable hole, +3 tome, 40 stellar orbs

*Each space holds 10 scrolls each.

EbbOnFire
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
We need to go a few steps further, and include all the items that collect dust in our banks that we refuse to toss.

So far I can think of large bones. But I know there's a huge list of possibilities. Anyway, lets come up with a list, then find a way to put them all together in one epic, thematic and one shot item.

How about we do one at at time and keep passing the ball?

Large Bones: Equip as a thrown weapon. When thrown, acts as a Noisemaker trap, but only for canine monsters.

Next: Astral Diamonds

biggin
03-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Next: Astral Diamonds

Astral Diamonds: can target one female enemy for a charm, instantly becoming your new best friend.

decease
03-09-2012, 09:05 AM
what about turn them into a portable bank clickie? that make sense to me..

InsanityIsYourFriend
03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
SOUL STONES!!!!!
if i have a soul stone in my inv i can use that as a reagent for trap the soul! CR (insert unlimited sign here)

the creature that was previously attatched to the soul stone is now released from its binding and leaves the plane altogether

kilagan800
03-09-2012, 11:24 PM
what about turn them into a portable bank clickie? that make sense to me..

That would almost be like tensor's floating disk :)