PDA

View Full Version : Below!

LightBear
03-07-2012, 05:30 AM
In the past few years the adventure areas have grown from mainly under Stormreach to other places as well.

Other places as in:
- Under water
- Inside Airships
- Wilderness areas

What "Others" can we think of as well?

Ungood
03-07-2012, 06:22 AM
One of the more enjoyable changes I have seen, have been adventures in the streets of Stormreach itself.

LightBear
03-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Rooftop adventures: Up to now we've been the hunters instead of the prey. Maybe an adventure where we have to escape some enemies?

Silverwren
03-07-2012, 07:26 AM
There's a wilderness area inside an airship?

LightBear
03-07-2012, 07:51 AM
There's a wilderness area inside an airship?

Not that I know of, house d offers an quest where you wind up inside an airship if I'm not mistaken.
Is that what your referring to? (And the super duper airship made out of furniture from Acute Delerium!)

Maybe a quest where you get to travel by airship in some sort of caravan made out of airships and then you get boarded by pirate mephits that are trying to take hostage some virgins to sacrifice them to some evil greater air vilian?

Silverwren
03-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Not that I know of, house d offers an quest where you wind up inside an airship if I'm not mistaken.
Is that what your referring to?

I wasn't referring to any quest. Your post implied that there was an adventure area inside an airship. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by "Adventure Area". I thought you meant "Wilderness Area".

LightBear
03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
I wasn't referring to any quest. Your post implied that there was an adventure area inside an airship. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by "Adventure Area". I thought you meant "Wilderness Area".

By Adventure Area I mean:
Any place where you as a character can play (and earn some sort of reward).
Tho some may mean any place within the game as you can rp anywhere. :)

Alrik_Fassbauer
03-07-2012, 10:50 AM
On the Sea ? Somewhere in or on a real water-travelling ship ?

Or a lagoon which requires lots of swmming between tiny islands ?

LightBear
03-09-2012, 01:34 AM
There are water-traveling ships in ddo they just don't move about.

Hmn, so we do have a flying dragon and a flying ship in the Stormreach instances (marketplace and harbor) but we don't have any water-traveling ships that are actually coming in or going out of our harbors. Not even on the horizons of our seas. All of them lay still.

Talias006
03-09-2012, 02:05 AM
People would want to take a ride on those ships coming and going from the docks.

As someone who survived EverQuest back in the early days (within 1st Live version and next 2 Expansions), I remember vividly getting eaten by sharks because of lagging off of boats.

Thanks, but no.

Staged prop ships are good enough for me.

(Sorry, tiredly reading does me no good. Will try to form cognitive thought later.)

Drekisen
03-09-2012, 02:07 AM
I would personally love to see The Subterrane expanded....that place is pretty cool.

InsanityIsYourFriend
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
we have fought off a droaam invasion
i think its about time we mount an invasion on droaam!
give us a raid group quest chain, all parts are raid
Part 1: On airship protect airship from Mephit pirates (i liked the idea)
Part 2: Scout around the area and learn what the "best" place to strike is (this changes per raid and has the next one be that same path)
Part 3: Capture Droaam!!!!! lots of orcs, medusas, gnolls, and ogres, rust beasts are in the barracks
Part 4: Last part, you have taken the city but for one place, the palace, the army says they are not going into a trap, but ask you to do so instead
mission goals of part 4 include: taking out their leader, opening the gates, looting
you get the raid completion from completing all 4 parts, xp out of each part, and lastly the warded chest, have a minor warded chest in parts 1 and 3, and a full on warded chest with all your named loot in part 4

Talias006
03-09-2012, 09:16 PM
You know, there's still plenty of Xen'drik to explore that we haven't been to, let alone the rest of Khorvaire and other major land-masses.

And now we'll be heading into the Forgotten Realms with all the blessed unique and diverse locales found there to perhaps sneak off to.

I think heading to Toril is plenty "More" for anyone.
(In case any don't know Toril is the planet of the Forgotten Realms, Faerun is just a continent/major landmass.)

LightBear
03-15-2012, 11:07 AM
You know, there's still plenty of Xen'drik to explore that we haven't been to, let alone the rest of Khorvaire and other major land-masses.

And now we'll be heading into the Forgotten Realms with all the blessed unique and diverse locales found there to perhaps sneak off to.

I think heading to Toril is plenty "More" for anyone.
(In case any don't know Toril is the planet of the Forgotten Realms, Faerun is just a continent/major landmass.)

This is a place to put a string around your ideas, run em around and if the wind catches them you let them fly off.
Your more then welcome to let your kite dance around as well, but would you be so kind to not shooting mine down?

Thx, ;)

Robert4818
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
The vertical city of Sharn. :) On mainland Khorvaire

Thrudh
03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Rooftop adventures: Up to now we've been the hunters instead of the prey. Maybe an adventure where we have to escape some enemies?

I love Framework because of the rooftop fighting... There's very few characters more effective than my monk archer (especially if you have abundant step) who can leap from roof-top to roof-top while killing the bad-guys from range.