PDA

View Full Version : e-mail for expansion purchase & 11k TP questions

slimywarts
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Two questions, really:

I ordered the collector's edition. I see on my bank statement it's been charged to my bank account that the debit card I used to make the purchase is tied to. I keep checking my e-mail that I gave to send my code to, but it has not arrived after 30 minutes of buying the expansion? I've checked regular and spam folders... can anyone give me a time frame how long they waited for the e-mail?

Also, after buying the collector's edition, I realized AFTER that i want to buy the 11k turbine points pack. Can I go back to the purchase page, put in "0" in the little box for number of expansion packs to purchase, but still add the 11k point bundle and pay for that as a separate purchase? Hopefully you get what I mean :)

Thanks any and all for your help or advice

Rumbaar
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Strange in the confirmation of payment at the end it gave me the instructions and the code. I used that before I received any e-mail and haven't even accessed the confirmation.

Why didn't you just use it from there?

slimywarts
02-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Strange in the confirmation of payment at the end it gave me the instructions and the code. I used that before I received any e-mail and haven't even accessed the confirmation.

Why didn't you just use it from there?

I swear I didn't see it there... but I'll take your word it was, and I'm so fatigued from a day of work today I didn't see it ... argh.. sigh...

Zyerz
02-29-2012, 09:40 PM
It got the email an hour later after registering the preorder.

Also, When you get the stuff, remember to not activate the items until they fix them...

slimywarts
02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Ah, an hour, I feel better now... and thanks for the warning...

Doesn't seem you can enter "0" expansions and still order the 11k bundle.. I'll try another route and report back and success...

slimywarts
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
several hours and no e-mail in any e-mail folder.. grrrrrrr :mad:

QuarterMasterM
03-01-2012, 08:59 AM
several hours and no e-mail in any e-mail folder.. grrrrrrr :mad:

What payment method did you use?

You can also contact customer support who should be able to look up your order and give you your product code. Contact options are in my signature.

Cam_Neely
03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Same for me using Paypal (although it has not hit my paypal account yet) about 18 hours ago (although it was the $30 option, not the collectors).

I did log a ticket last night and received the "Responses typically take 3-5 business days."

Still waiting to hear back. Guessing they are a bit swamped with the various issues.

slimywarts
03-01-2012, 02:01 PM
What payment method did you use?

You can also contact customer support who should be able to look up your order and give you your product code. Contact options are in my signature.

As in the OP, I used a debit card tied to my bank account, and it showed the money as taken out of my account minutes later .LOL Wish they could work at that speed to send an e-mail :)

slimywarts
03-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Same for me using Paypal (although it has not hit my paypal account yet) about 18 hours ago (although it was the $30 option, not the collectors).

I did log a ticket last night and received the "Responses typically take 3-5 business days."

Still waiting to hear back. Guessing they are a bit swamped with the various issues.

Yes, I trust Turbine financially, as rarely have any complaints been done about that aspect of handling DDO. I think I just need to be patient; I hope they are enjoyng my money collecting interest for them though while I twiddle my sexy drow thumbs :)

slimywarts
03-01-2012, 06:16 PM
To those who might have to deal with this, here was what happened:

1) called Turbine support;

2) went through to a voice system, and within two presses of a number, and about 5 rings after, was talking to a rep! Wow!

3) They were able to e-mail my activation code for the expansion, found my e-mail service had bounced back a previous e-mail, so we pinpointed the issue quickly;

4) AND, this part is great, I asked if I could still purchase the 11k TP, and the rep said since it was within 24 hours of my expansion purchase, I could! Charged to my card on file, and that was that! Woo-hoo!

I usually hate calling support at any company; Turbine has really impressed me!

Cam_Neely
03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes, I trust Turbine financially, as rarely have any complaints been done about that aspect of handling DDO. I think I just need to be patient; I hope they are enjoyng my money collecting interest for them though while I twiddle my sexy drow thumbs :)

Yes, the got back to me about 48 hours later saying it was pending. Their quote is "Once the order completes you will be billed and the product key will emailed". I considered this obvious. I would love to know why this is pending as everything is all set on my side, and saw nothing come into my paypal account.

Would have loved to get the xp tome for this weekend... Still waiting on a response to why its pending.