PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Cakes & Pre-Purchase Tickets

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tolero
02-28-2012, 02:43 PM
UPDATE March 5th 10:53 AM Eastern (-5 GMT): Latest information regarding cakes & pre-order items

Players may now activate any cakes or pre-purchase tickets in their character inventories to receive their items. Expansion pre-purchase tickets will now behave as outlined in our FAQ (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=363362). Our delivery system has completed processing. Note that the most common cause of unreceived mail is deleting veteran status characters that were the target of the initial deliveries. If your character is still missing items, and you did not receive those items in character mail, please review the steps below to receive assistance:

We advise players to not delete characters that logged in between Monday February 27th and the afternoon of Thursday March 1st, as these characters could be the target of a replacement item still
Items may have been sent to a character other than you expected, particularly account-bound items such as pets and XP tomes. Be sure to check character mail for alternate characters, especially if you have not logged in since Monday 11:30 PM Eastern (-5 GMT).
Reminders:

Figurines of Wondrous Power will appear inside Hireling folders if you have a hireling folder.
Creature Companions ("pets") are a server-wide feature. Like the shared bank, once you activate your companion, you can access it using the stable (the paw icon on character inventory) from any character on that server.
Activating a replacement Menace of the Underdark: Pre-Purchase ticket will rebestow per-character items, such as masks and lesser XP tomes.

Please do not submit your request via forum post, as this can delay assistance.
If you have reviewed the delivery information below, and still have been unable to locate your items, please submit an in-game ticket from the character who is missing items. Please be sure to specify what specific items the character is still missing so that our in-game support team can verify and assist you.

6 Year Old Birthday Cake Replacements
If you did not properly receive your item from the Djinni (e.g. missing or inappropriate stack size), a replacement slice of cake will been sent to the affected character(s) through the in-game mail system. Please log in and visit an in-game mailbox to receive the item. These items were sent automatically regardless of whether a ticket was submitted or not. Please note:

Mailboxes are located throughout the DDO game world. They are represented on the in-game map by an orange scroll icon.
To detach the item, click the "detach" button at the bottom right of the message.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you have room in your inventory before detaching your item!
WARNING: Please detach your item as soon as possible! Once an in-game mail is opened it will be automatically deleted after 5 days regardless of whether it still has an attachment, so don't forget to detach when you check your mail! Unopened mail will remain in your in-game mailbox for two weeks before it is automatically deleted, regardless of whether it still has an attachment!
If you are on Korthos Island, the closest mailbox must be accessed by skipping ahead of the Korthos story and visiting the harbor mailbox. This can be done by speaking to Valeria Sinderwind on the east side of the village. Select the option to skip the Korthos story (note that you can return to Korthos to complete quests even if you select this option).

Pre-purchase Ticket Item Replacements:
If you did not properly receive your pre-purchase items from your Menace of the Underdark: Pre-Purchase Ticket in game, a replacement email will been sent through the in-game mail system. These items were sent automatically regardless of whether a ticket was submitted or not. Please note:

Mailboxes are located throughout the DDO game world. They are represented on the in-game map by an orange scroll icon.
To detach the item, click the "detach" button at the bottom right of the message.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you have room in your inventory before detaching your item!
WARNING: Please detach your item as soon as possible! Once an in-game mail is opened it will be automatically deleted after 5 days regardless of whether it still has an attachment, so don't forget to detach when you check your mail! Unopened mail will remain in your in-game mailbox for two weeks before it is automatically deleted, regardless of whether it still has an attachment!
If you are on Korthos Island, the closest mailbox must be accessed by skipping ahead of the Korthos story and visiting the harbor mailbox. This can be done by speaking to Valeria Sinderwind on the east side of the village. Select the option to skip the Korthos story (note that you can return to Korthos to complete quests even if you select this option).

BUNDLE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Collector's Edition
Missing Figurines/Masks:

Your characters will receive a duplicate "Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket" in the mail. Activating the ticket will re-bestow these items to your character.
Reminder: Figurines can fit inside hireling folders, and may appear there automatically if you don't see them in your inventory.

Missing Pets:

Of character’s you’ve logged in this week, the first one alphabetically will receive replacement pets and collars. You do not need to transfer the pets to another character; activating your pets on this character will bestow them across all your characters on that server. If you don’t see the items on the character you expect, please be sure to check your other characters.

Missing Tomes:

Your characters will receive a duplicate "Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket" in the mail. Activating these tickets will bestow a Lesser Tome of Learning to the character.
Additionally, of character’s you’ve logged in this week, the first one alphabetically on your account will receive a "Tome of Learning Upgrade - Lesser to Greater" in the mail. If you don’t see the items on the character you expect, please be sure to check your other characters.

This item is Bound to Account, and you may pass it to the character of your choice using the Shared Bank. If you do not have access to a “Shared Bank” please submit an account support ticket for assistance or visit our support site at https://support.turbine.com. After your character has used their Lesser Tome of Learning, activate the Upgrade tome, which will convert your character's XP bonus from Lesser to Greater. Note that you need to activate the Lesser Tome of Learning prior to using your Upgrade tome.

Standard Edition
Missing Masks:

Your characters will receive a duplicate "Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket" in the mail. Activating this ticket will re-bestow these items.

Missing Pets:

Of character’s you’ve logged in this week, the first one alphabetically will receive replacement pets and collars in the mail. You do not need to transfer the pets to another character, activating your pets on this character will bestow them across all your characters on that server. If you don’t see the items on the character you expect, please be sure to check your other characters.

Missing Tome:

Of character’s you’ve logged in this week, the first one alphabetically will receive an account-bound Greater Tome of Learning in the mail. Since the item is Bound to Account, you may pass it to the character of your choice using the Shared Bank. If you do not have access to a “Shared Bank” please submit an account support ticket for assistance or visit our support site at https://support.turbine.com.

Base Edition
Missing Pet:

Of character’s you’ve logged in this week, the first one alphabetically will receive replacement spider and collar. You do not need to transfer the spider to another character; activating your pet on this character will bestow it across all your characters on that server. If you don’t see the items on the character you expect, please be sure to check your other characters.

Missing Tome:

Of character’s you’ve logged in this week, the first one alphabetically will receive an account-bound Lesser Tome of Learning in the mail. Since the item is Bound to Account, you may pass it to the character of your choice using the Shared Bank. If you do not have access to a “Shared Bank” please submit an account support ticket for assistance or visit our support site at https://support.turbine.com.

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue!

Montrose
02-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Thank you for the update. Bummer that there is a bug in this, but I'm happy to see that this is getting high attention in the Turbine community.

Cauthey
02-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Turbine team!! :D

I, for one, greatly appreciate your polling the community and keeping us in the loop. I have faith that you guys will work this out. Thank you for your efforts! :D

Opensezame
02-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Due to item delivery issues, do not yet activate the “6 Year Old Birthday Cake” or the “Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket” found in character inventories.

Maybe they forgot to put stamps on the delivery items...

MartinusWyllt
02-28-2012, 02:56 PM
(Standard): Cake Loving Djinn success with Spell Point Potions (x100)! Consumed: Six Year Old Cake. Created: Concentrated Elixir of Mnemonic Enhancement.

Came to the forum about 5 minutes too late.

and didn't get prepurchase items for 1st toon on an account; premium account

in the Portable Hole
No items at all and no dialogue saying I got items, ticket just disappeared
Seventyfour on Thelanis

Kayla93
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Well ta least we know they do something, and that I will see mine companion greater tome and all things I payed for.
Hope it will happen soon.

Tolero
02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Maybe they forgot to put stamps on the delivery items...

Lolth and the Djinni are being...stingy. Pesky outer planar creatures!

Shallowain
02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, Are those two bugs related? and in extension maybe with some other bugs where you can lose items, like the infamous "bank eats bag" bug?

taurean430
02-28-2012, 03:01 PM
In the case of some characters receiving expansion pack items and one not - what say you there?

Torin17
02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi Tolero,

What if we used our Cake and only got one of the four items we were supposed to? I had this happen on two characters where I only received one Siberys Spirit Cake when I should have received four.

The first character already had one Siberys Spirit Cake so I thought that had something to do with the bug, hence why I tried it on a second character.

Torin

brian14
02-28-2012, 03:07 PM
CAKE: If you already activated your cake but did not receive your items on that character, you do not need to submit a ticket to receive assistance.!
What if I activated a cake and received ONE item when it was supposed to be multiple items? (Pork Barrels, in my case)

I see Torin17 beat me to it.

Deforged
02-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah, bug had only given me 1 major pot instead of 25, hope to see it fixed soon! (shame my arti gets all 25, FvS only gets the one XD)

Rumbaar
02-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Thank you for the announcement, it has relieved some of my fears. Though realisticly it could have come at least 8-12 hours before this. Can you ensure it's on the client launcher window.

Thrudh
02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Though realisticly it could have come at least 8-12 hours before this.

Heh, you wanted them to announce the fix and schedule it before they programmed and tested it?

Tolero
02-28-2012, 03:20 PM
On the "only got 1 item" from the cake Djinni, you don't need to send a ticket if the Djinni shorted you on your potion stacks.

Missing_Minds
02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Heh, you wanted them to announce the fix and schedule it before they programmed and tested it?

How is that any different than managers wanting you to schedule unexpected downtime?

A worldwide announcement in game would be nice for the 95% of the players who don't read the forums.
Ok, that is a good idea, let alone also put it into the log in screen. But you'd need to rig up the world wide announcement for every hour due to the number of people that will be missed.

Sheep_Stealer
02-28-2012, 03:25 PM

No, but the "Don't use the cake or pre-order item" message could have been sent out a lot earlier which is what I believe Rumbaar meant (and what this message is essentially saying).

Riggs
02-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Thank you for the announcement, it has relieved some of my fears. Though realisticly it could have come at least 8-12 hours before this. Can you ensure it's on the client launcher window.

Ok it took 15 minutes...

From another thread earlier today:

lol.
Everyone jumps on Turbine no matter what they say or dont say regarding timelines. If they said it would be in 5 hours, within 2 minutes 10 people would be slamming them for taking so long.

Releases have bugs, it takes a couple days to get anything done, and the release was yesterday.

singinsista04
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the update on the matter! Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Quintar666
02-28-2012, 03:31 PM
As I was saying in the game.
Why does turbine get such a hard time for glitches?
When microsoft release a new version of windows, they don't have it working completely before they have the next version out.
Turbine atleast tries to get it done.
Just be happy that it's not car companies that make mistakes and have tons of recalls and nearly go out of business (Sorry GM).
Everyone rushes to get their products out quickly, it's our world these days.
Turbine tries, give em credit, they'll fix it, and no one "looses" out.
Just delays.
(i won't start on bundling packs everyone already has in to "expansions")
That's a different thread.

Zarreth_Nessad
02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
An in-game world wide announcement could be setup, rather than hitting every hour, to be constantly there. I believe that functionality is already in place, and then everyone would get the warning upon logging in, and not get hourly pings that they already know about.

Troubadour33
02-28-2012, 03:39 PM
So people who lost their tome cause they we re too busy eating cake can only hope that Turbine knows who got affected by the bug?? I ate 3 cakes already; not a hitch. /burp

Rumbaar
02-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Heh, you wanted them to announce the fix and schedule it before they programmed and tested it?No I wanted them to post a warning, like they did for the 6th cake. There were the same level of reports from people 12+ hours ago, that were for the cake. They were able to announce that 12+ hours ago.

Ok it took 15 minutes...No it took 12+ hours.

Answer to you both, the client announcement on Cake eating issues was in client for at least 12+ hours. I just expected the same level of warning and announcement for the issue with the pre-order items.

Riggs
02-28-2012, 03:40 PM
A worldwide announcement in game would be nice for the 95% of the players who don't read the forums.

Any any player that doesnt bother to read the release notes of a new update, the known issues most especially;

...and to not bother to check if there might possibly be any reason to NOT just up and alter their character and lose all their items or use up a one time only item even though within hours, or minutes almost, there was multiple postings of problems - whos fault is that?

Anyone who has played this game for more than 1 update should know there are bugs every single release. Turbine has spent all of one day gathering information and planning a fix and posting it here. Modifying the launcher message or sending out an in game message takes longer.

Really, anyone that loads an update, and jumps into using up one time only items or blindly TRing their character without spending all of 5 minutes to check the forums to make sure there is no major bugs deserves no real sympathy.

Does it suck things are broken on release? Sure. But this is not news to anyone who has played the game more than a month.

Welcome to DDO.

stainer
02-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Lolth and the Djinni are being...stingy. Pesky outer planar creatures!

Lolth is not stingy, she is is selective.

All Hail.

xSeverinax
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
This is really odd, I bought the collectors edition when it was advertised on the first day, I opened my inventry ticket thing and got all the goodies and the cake worked on 3 toons. Now suddenly it isn't working? Has something changed to cause this or is it just a random bug?

Tarlanon
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
So...I am one of the *many* who the Djinni made off with our cakes and were left empty handed...Are there any plans to replace said items? Or are we just SoL on those characters?

Rumbaar
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Any any player that doesnt bother to read the release notes of a new update, the known issues most especially;The pre-order items issue wasn't [not sure if is in now] in the known issues. So not sure what you are trying to say.

Really, anyone that loads an update, and jumps into using up one time only items or blindly TRing their character without spending all of 5 minutes to check the forums to make sure there is no major bugs deserves no real sympathy.

Does it suck things are broken on release? Sure. But this is not news to anyone who has played the game more than a month.

Welcome to DDO.Also the pre-order items different to an update. Also there wasn't up till 50 minutes ago, any forum announcement on the issue. I tracked pre-order talk for ~8 hours before I used mine.

Zistra
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
This is really odd, I bought the collectors edition when it was advertised on the first day, I opened my inventry ticket thing and got all the goodies and the cake worked on 3 toons. Now suddenly it isn't working? Has something changed to cause this or is it just a random bug?

Based on what they have said, the bug is most likely to occur when mutliple ppl are accessing the Djinn simultaneously. You probably just beat the rush with the first 3....

Thrudh
02-28-2012, 03:57 PM

I think it's a load issue... Especially last night when everyone got home from work, and multiple people were clicking on their tickets, there were some random problems.

Postumus
02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Any any player that doesnt bother to read the release notes of a new update, the known issues most especially;

So the cake bug and the MoTU pre-order item bug was in the release notes and known issues threads and available before the product went on sale? Really? Can you link to one of those threads?

xSeverinax
02-28-2012, 04:00 PM
I think it's a load issue... Especially last night when everyone got home from work, and multiple people were clicking on their tickets, there were some random problems.

Thanks, yeah that makes sense, I did mine not long after the servers went up after the update, and there was hardly anyone logged in.

Cordovan
02-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Please keep insults and personal attacks out of this thread. The thread has now been cleaned up.

MarQuileth
02-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Please keep insults and personal attacks out of this thread. The thread has now been cleaned up.

Thx Cordovan...I just want facts as to when I can expect to purchase this and how already missing items will be redeemed...not drama.

Kaphiel
02-28-2012, 04:10 PM
So what we must do who used this 6 Years Old Cake and didn't recieve a reward?
I used it for +2 Tome but nothing happened. Nickname - Kaphiel. Game Server - Argonnessen.

YUGWEN
02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Every time I exit DDO now with the exit game function the application crashes and generates the do you want to notify microsoft of this error message :/

It is nice to see this on the start up page now so people know what not to do before they log into the game and start clicking on things. I didn't activate any birthday cakes thankfully. I thought the delivery bug had something to do with the my ddo lottery because it seemed like all of my glitched characters had won the my ddo lottery but that turned out to be wrong. I have around 14 glitched delieveries so far and I'm leaving it at that until they have the bug fixed. I am curious to see how they will fix the glitched deliveries that have already happened.

Everyone doesn't hop on the forums to check everything out before they do anything in game. The forums are MASSIVE and finding anything close to what you are looking for is like winning the lottery. Then there are the lovely people here that have lots of attitude and little in the way of helpful information. Don't get me wrong there are great people here too, but the forums are just gen chat that sticks around. If everyone sat and waited for forum updates to see what would happen with the pre-order delivery then no one would have anything and we'd all still be in the dark about the glitch. I bought the pre-order as soon as I saw it, and hopped right in to see all the goodies because I just dropped a lot of $$ on the game and wanted to see what all the cool new stuff was. Apparently I was one of thousands that did the exact same thing. Turbine will fix it and make it right I'm sure. Going back and sending characters items they missed is plenty easy enough, but they'd much rather fix it so it all works like it is supposed to in the first place.

Mindscry
02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
I popped a ticket on this one last night too. Seems like after my third character, nothing is being given. My first one got the greater tome with all the other assorted goodies, second and third got lessers with their goodies, then... nothing. One hopes that those of us who are supporting the update with $130 purchases are going to get some priority fixes, I suppose :) I threw a ton of detail into my ticket, and I've offered to eat more of the pre-purchase tickets on some alts if it would help any. In spite of all the people whose first response is to scream and become irate (regardless of the problem) I have faith that you guys will make this fix a priority for us. I think the developers have done a great job trying to make as many people happy at once as possible, and I'm looking forward to seeing what looks like it could be a pretty awesome expansion this summer :)

On a side note, are you guys coming to GenCon again this year? I had a blast with everyone who came out last time, haven't seen a booth for a while though... this expansion, and its timing, seems like a good time to come back :) I love having DDO at GenCon, because it brings people I otherwise wouldn't get to meet to my home town :)

Anthorin
02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
I wonder if I will get the same problem with the 2 year birthday cake as well? ;-)

MisterTee01
02-28-2012, 04:18 PM
To put this in perspective:
My son last week had issues with an online game he plays called RoBlox. Now this credit card charge was for less than $6.00 and he didn't gain access to the content we bought. So I sent an email to the support staff. I was contacted by email within 12 hours. They stated that support was aware and investigating the issue. I received a second email from them a few hours later saying they had found what happened and are working on it. The issue was resolved and I received a third email. This time it was a message that it was fixed along with a questionnaire about how they did. Remember this is for a six dollar charge.

In contrast:
I have issues with DDO. I paid Turbine $85.00 and some change. I also did not gain access to the content bought. I put in an in game-ticket. No response. I attempted to send an email to support. Could not even get it to go through. I posted in one of the threads describing the problem. Nothing. I even PMed Fernando. Well that was just to make me feel better honestly. I still have had no word from turbine support in game or out and I have not received what was promised at purchase.

So $6.00 vs $86.00. Almost to much contact vs none at all. My issue with turbine is the way they handle issues like the Pre-purchase ticket bug.

Have you seen RoBlox?

I think it may be time to step it up a notch Turbine DDO division.

UnderwearModel
02-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Due to item delivery issues, do not yet activate the “6 Year Old Birthday Cake” or the “Menace of the Underdark: Pre-purchase Ticket” found in character inventories.
If you’ve already experienced an item delivery issue with cakes or pre-purchase tickets, we are in the process of implementing fixes for both of these issues. Please note the following:

CAKE: If you already activated your cake but did not receive your items on that character, you do not need to submit a ticket to receive assistance.
PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS: If you already activated your pre-purchase expansion ticket and the character did not receive the pre-purchase bonus items, please stand by for further instructions. More information will be provided as soon as it is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Obviously, by the quick action and communications, this is perceived as a very big problem.

Finally, it looks like a fix is going to be done the correct way.

1. Admitted it is busted
2. Trying to assuage the masses by saying quit sending in tickets we will make you happy. My only worry is, really? You would think a sensible SQL Database administrator could easily do this

I was contemplating buying the pre order package but with the disaster, I decided to wait until May or so. Let the kinks get worked out.

My2Cents
02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the first rate effort and information, Tolero, Cordovan and Turbine!

Trust me, you all want them to get this exactly right. They're doing this the right way. They made it a top priority, assured us they would get us information as soon as it was available, and have waited until they were certain of their information rather than prematurely risking misleading or misspeaking.

I am now absolutely sure everyone will come away satisfied after this is over, and very soon. With such a broad ranging "live-fix" as this is likely to be, even if its simply some form of compensation, they do need the time to get it right. So far, this is VERY fast by any reasonable development and support standards.

As for in-game World Announcements, opinions vary, but I strongly suspect as many people would be annoyed as would be helped by constant in-game interruption.

as for whether something takes 15 minutes or 12 hours, some things just take a certain minimum amount of time, and that's just reality. You can ASK to have something sooner than it can be done, and it can be PROMISED sooner than it can be done, but it will always take as long as is needed to get it done, and that includes getting accurate and up-to-date information and getting it out through the right channels with the right approval.

danotmano1998
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the update Turbine team!

I eagerly await the opportunity to use my pre-purchase goodies. Noticing the high level of forum complaints, I waited, and I shall continue to do so until an official notice is posted.

Once again, thanks and good luck!
Keep up the good work guys!

:D

(I heard a random rumor that for every day we had to wait, innocent kobolds were going to be killed. Please, think of the kobolds!!) :p

Kaphiel
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
So what about the Cakes and the items, which we haven't recieve?

badbob117
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
The only solution to this fiasco is a second round of cakes! A second helping of Bonus items from expansion, A +2 loot weekend and 20%/renown xp bonus. ?:D

Thanks for heads up tho. Kinda a day late for most of us, But lets hope it all gets rectified for everyone who did not get thier items.

Kaphiel
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Aha, "second round" also for those who recieved an items? It will be unfairly, especially towards those who can't spend money to buy +2-+100500 Tomes in DDO Store...

K_0tiC
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Yea so appropriate dont let anyone know they might not recieve there goodies so they keep spending the $80+ had I know I would of held off on purchasing the expansion and I didnt buy it till 8 hours after the update so please dont say they didnt know about the issue by then but all that matters is the bottom line not making sure there customers are happy. Like plenty of people have said not that hard to list this issue with the cake issue on the launcher, but I guess share holder dividends come before customer satisfaction. Also might want to employee some extra GM's when your selling faulty products. I didnt even recieve a GM has looked at your ticket in over 6hours....

Riggs
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
So the cake bug and the MoTU pre-order item bug was in the release notes and known issues threads and available before the product went on sale? Really? Can you link to one of those threads?

The first thing I do for any release:

1. Read the release notes.
2. Read the known issues.
3. Check the general tab for any sudden issues that cropped up.

This is while the update is loading in the launcher. So it is not like I am wasting playing time.

There were multiple people posting problems, so before the game even loaded I had heard about all of the above issues before I set foot on the server.

If someone chooses to load up the very minute the servers are up and TR knowing the history of buggy releases in DDO - that is very brave. Using up 'one time only' items when you have no idea everything is working yet properly...again brave.

And by brave - I mean caveat emptor. If you jump into a dark room blindly without checking to see if it safe, you dont get to complain that there was something hard or pointy right under foot.

Thanks for finding it for everyone else - but that is the price of not looking first.

People not getting stuff from preorder is a big customer service issue - but it has been all of one day and Turbine is basically all over it, when in the past getting to this point could have taken a week or more.

But anyone who expects everything to work perfectly minutes after a big update has not been paying attention to every previous update in DDO.

Gratch
02-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I've gotten nothing on first 3 characters that tried to redeem before the notice.

Most sad is all the XP I didn't get during the past two days of leveling from the missing greater tome of learning.

KuRRuPT
02-28-2012, 05:36 PM
This bug Got me to but I reported in game glad to see it is being worked on...

Expalphalog
02-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Dear Turbine,

A glitch in your website caused me to purchase two pre-orders when I only intended to purchase one.

A glitch in your game caused me to not receive any of the pre-order stuff (that I had just effectively paid double price for).

Needless to say I am not 100% satisfied right now, but you know what? That's okay. Mistakes happen. You are all human beings and I, as a mature adult, understand this. Thank you for acknowledging the problem. And thank you for attempting to fix it as efficiently as possible. I look forward to both having this issue resolved soon, and to doing business with you again in the future.

Sincerely,
Expalphalog

To clarify to those who will neg rep me for this: This is not me 'bending over.' This is not me being a 'fanboi.' This is me accepting that perfection is an impossibility and that even though we all strive towards it, sometimes we fall along the way. This is also me tapping into my years and years of customer service experience and realizing that not one single person who has tried to get what they want from me by yelling, screaming, and threatening has ever had their issue resolved as quickly, satisfactorily, or thoroughly as the customer who smiled and remained calm, and that's a fact.

ed_case7
02-28-2012, 05:41 PM

Tested something... you're kidding, right?

Riggs
02-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Just went back to check the time stamps.

One of the first posts in the general tab saying there was a problem looks like it was about 1 hour after the downtime. Soon after, more posts.

One hour.

Missing_Minds
02-28-2012, 05:54 PM

1. read the forums
2. read release notes
3. read the forums
4. read known issues
5. read the forums.
6. I'm still at work so.. read the forums some more.
20. Finally at home, update client with an informed idea if it is worth to log in or not. :)

Missing_Minds
02-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Dear Turbine,

A glitch in your website caused me to purchase two pre-orders when I only intended to purchase one.

Point in fact, it isn't their website, it is their 3rd party vendor for the expansion. So who to take it up with I really don't know. Good luck.

Postumus
02-28-2012, 06:17 PM

aaaand like I thought you couldn't link to any release notes or known issues that were published BEFORE the cake went live or the MoTU token went live that people could have read.

There were multiple people posting problems, so before the game even loaded I had heard about all of the above issues before I set foot on the server.

Lucky for you. The first people to sign on didn't have the luxury read about all the failures that occurred since there were none. In fact, it seemed to be working correctly at first.

Thanks for finding it for everyone else - but that is the price of not looking first..

Ha ha so all the players should wait and not redeem the cake or token or purchase the expansion until... when? Cuz if we are all waiting for the other player to jump in first... understand?

But anyone who expects everything to work perfectly minutes after a big update has not been paying attention to every previous update in DDO.

So all the players who joined between U12 and now should have known this how?

I also believe adopting a wait and see attitude toward software releases is the best approach, but unlike you I at least have a modicum of empathy for those who did not. And I certainly don't blame them for suffering from Turbine's mistake.

So pretty much the opposite of your 'boywereyouguysdumbnotsmartlikemeee!!!' attitude.

Rachil_Fairchild
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
The original post said the hot fix was for people who buy the pack AFTER tomorrow's hot fix. The rest of us who already bought and didnt receive, come to this thread for further instructions.

Am I reading this wrong or is Turbine fixing/prioritizing so that more players can continue to buy the pack (give Turbine more $$$) and THEN going back to find the issues for people who already GAVE THEM $$$.

While I appreciate the fact that they are in business to make money, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth all the same. I have no doubt it will be fixed, But I'm getting cranky!! This isn't how customer service is supposed to work. Just because we are getting some form of customer service, it doesnt mean its correct customer service. :P

brolios
02-28-2012, 06:20 PM
thanks for the reply. i still think this post should be locked. no offense. but im only insterested in what the devs/officers/moderators/big chongos have to say XD

thanks for working on it. a shame i cant use the stuff right away, but at least i know hope is not lost!

immbaudelaire
02-28-2012, 06:34 PM
We are waiting;Do not broken our hearts……

furbyoats
02-28-2012, 06:36 PM
If you’ve already experienced an item delivery issue with cakes or pre-purchase tickets, we are in the process of implementing fixes for both of these issues. Please note the following:

CAKE: If you already activated your cake but did not receive your items on that character, you do not need to submit a ticket to receive assistance.
PRE-PURCHASE ITEMS: If you already activated your pre-purchase expansion ticket and the character did not receive the pre-purchase bonus items, please stand by for further instructions. More information will be provided as soon as it is available.

Thank you for admitting that there is a problem and trying to communicate with the player base. I hope that this issue gets resolved quickly and hope even more that you (Turbine) will compensate the players for the time that they should have had their items. If this is fixed within the next day or 2 i see a straight fix as being fair but after that some TP or other bonus should be handed out as the service was paid for and not received in a timely manner. Perhaps this is only my opinion but I see this as being a good business practice.

Hope to hear good news soon, thanks Tolero and Cordovan.

Deathnights
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank you for admitting that there is a problem and trying to communicate with the player base. I hope that this issue gets resolved quickly and hope even more that you (Turbine) will compensate the players for the time that they should have had their items. If this is fixed within the next day or 2 i see a straight fix as being fair but after that some TP or other bonus should be handed out as the service was paid for and not received in a timely manner. Perhaps this is only my opinion but I see this as being a good business practice.

Hope to hear good news soon, thanks Tolero and Cordovan.

Compensate? lol.. Some of us been waiting 6 years for compensation for the horrible problems we have had in the past. This however might be the biggest blunder of gaming history to sell a product and get nothing in return. And to continue to sell the product knowing it doesn't work 9 out of 10 times, is incomprehensible. Nobody cares about customer service or its player base, its all revenue like any business. They are getting people to buy an expansion that doesn't even exist yet. They don't care, and they never will, because we will continue to play. Player retention is non-existent in their cash cow.

VhagarPerivor
02-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah, bug had only given me 1 major pot instead of 25, hope to see it fixed soon! (shame my arti gets all 25, FvS only gets the one XD)

Same happened here. I only recieved one potion instead of 25. :(

furbyoats
02-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Compensate? lol.. Some of us been waiting 6 years for compensation for the horrible problems we have had in the past. This however might be the biggest blunder of gaming history to sell a product and get nothing in return. And to continue to sell the product knowing it doesn't work 9 out of 10 times, is incomprehensible. Nobody cares about customer service or its player base, its all revenue like any business. They are getting people to buy an expansion that doesn't even exist yet. They don't care, and they never will, because we will continue to play. Player retention is non-existent in their cash cow.

To be fair they acknowledged that there was an issue yesterday as soon as it was found, and Tolero posted this as a warning to hold off on using the items. I do agree with a previous post that suggested that there be multiple world broadcasts with the same warning and even add it to the launcher to hold off. This was definitely a mistake, but it is too early to judge their reaction. Some issues in the past have been handled poorly. Given the increase in forum activity by Turbine staff, I am willing to give them a couple days and see what happens.

I am one of the people effected by this issue and my main character does not have the XP tome that I paid for. So obviously I am just as annoyed as the next person. However, coming to the forums and badmouthing the staff will serve no purpose to fix this issue. State the issues that you have experienced in a factual, objective manner...that is the best action to be taken at this point.

If it comes to be another week with nothing to show for this problem then I'll join in the riots :)

Deathnights
02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't think you read my post. I was bad mouthing the company as a whole based off factual information during this current situation. I wasn't targeting specific individuals, or departments or executives.

EliahuTheMighty
02-28-2012, 07:13 PM

Well phooey, didn't see this before opening on one of my toons. Awaiting further instructions, mon capiton!

Hilltrot
02-28-2012, 07:14 PM
To be fair they acknowledged that there was an issue yesterday as soon as it was found, and Tolero posted this as a warning to hold off on using the items. I do agree with a previous post that suggested that there be multiple world broadcasts with the same warning and even add it to the launcher to hold off. This was definitely a mistake, but it is too early to judge their reaction. Some issues in the past have been handled poorly. Given the increase in forum activity by Turbine staff, I am willing to give them a couple days and see what happens.

I am one of the people effected by this issue and my main character does not have the XP tome that I paid for. So obviously I am just as annoyed as the next person. However, coming to the forums and badmouthing the staff will serve no purpose to fix this issue. State the issues that you have experienced in a factual, objective manner...that is the best action to be taken at this point.

If it comes to be another week with nothing to show for this problem then I'll join in the riots :)

Not how it happened.

First, they denied it. Demanded people check their Hireling folders and such. Then they blamed it on the player, asking where they opened it and are they premium V.I.P. or otherwise. Then the community explained to them exactly what the problem was and what needed to be fixed in the code without even looking at the code.

Then they said it might take a while to fix. Then over a day later they admit to there really being a problem and telling everyone not to open their preorders.

danotmano1998
02-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Ok, ok folks..

It's a mistake, that happens.
They aren't trying to rip anyone off, There was a bug they didn't foresee, they asked for input, we gave it to them, now they're fixing it.

Calm! A day or two or three isn't going to make our purchases any less worthy..
Yeah, I want my XP tome, TR retention, and all that jazz too.

If you look in the Dev tracker, they're all over the place. In my eyes, they are doing the right thing. But jumping all over them isn't going to resolve anything.

They know it's semi-broke, now let them do their job while we go kill some kobolds!!

Kargon
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Well phooey, didn't see this before opening on one of my toons. Awaiting further instructions, mon capiton!

Who though was good idea hand kargon shiny and expect kargon wait to click on it?!?!

Kargon not very good at wait for instructimions. at least the preordermer ticket taste like kobold. kobold not as good as tatsy ham but at least not so bad as smoke cure ham...

HunkyDane
02-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Came to the forum about 5 minutes too late.

and didn't get prepurchase items for 1st toon on an account; premium account

in the Portable Hole
No items at all and no dialogue saying I got items, ticket just disappeared
Seventyfour on Thelanis

Same here, did not know of the issue, used my ticket and got nothing, ticket disappeared, no items.

Phatality, ticket clicked aboard guild ship on cannith server.

Erridian
02-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Looks like the Djinn ate my cake but didn't give me the book. Was supposed to be a +2 STR tome on Kallais on Thelanis.

Oddly enough, everything worked fine yesterday for me...

SEMPER
02-28-2012, 07:36 PM
so yesterday the purchase ticket worked fine on one account and today it didn't on my other account so that sucks , but hopefully they can fix it tomorrow....

nedeemus
02-28-2012, 08:00 PM
I have had the pre purchase bug occur, no items and I could not access the in game ticketing to notify anyone :(
hope this is fixed soon

main toon that items didnt arrive for Feldoor on ghallanda

lordauric
02-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Looks like I need to do a better job of reading the launcher. :-( toon on thelanis just lost his ticket. Guess I'll go questing wihtout my pet today. :-)

Zyerz
02-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I haven't had any problems with my main and other 4 characters I've activated the things with (Cake and Preorder Items)
I'm glad that turbine is taking care of this tomorrow. :)

Just the buff timers are bugged.

whereispowderedsilve
02-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Who though was good idea hand kargon shiny and expect kargon wait to click on it?!?!

Kargon not very good at wait for instructimions. at least the preordermer ticket taste like kobold. kobold not as good as tatsy ham but at least not so bad as smoke cure ham...

Win! :P! :)! Lolz! ROFL!

Hilltrot
02-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Ok, ok folks..

It's a mistake, that happens.
They aren't trying to rip anyone off, There was a bug they didn't foresee, they asked for input, we gave it to them, now they're fixing it.

Calm! A day or two or three isn't going to make our purchases any less worthy..
Yeah, I want my XP tome, TR retention, and all that jazz too.

If you look in the Dev tracker, they're all over the place. In my eyes, they are doing the right thing. But jumping all over them isn't going to resolve anything.

They know it's semi-broke, now let them do their job while we go kill some kobolds!!

No one paid for TR Retention. And yes, it matters. TR retention shouldn't be on the list here to be fixed.

At the very least they could tell us that we could buy the XP Tome and we'll have our ddo points reimbursed. But no they won't. They can't even give an ETA. Just watch the special instructions say do so and so and wait till we get to you in 6-8 weeks.

No one said they were trying to rip us off. No one even implied it. However, their incompetence is ripping me off.

EliahuTheMighty
02-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Ah, the ticket was opened by Nazzeer on Khyber. VIP account.

jvstry
02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
about this infamous bag glitch i had one come up missing read the forum and submitted a bug report after 5 days i submitted another and still after a month i have not received any notification as t o my missing ingridents bag what say you?

spyyder976
02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Just out of curiosity, Are those two bugs related? and in extension maybe with some other bugs where you can lose items, like the infamous "bank eats bag" bug?

It may be, but it's more likely due to so many people activating them at once, causing massive lag, and maybe the items don't stay around in stasis long enough when held in a lag zone, i.e. you create them and the computer generates them, but then it lags, and the program's 0's and 1's are held in like a stasis field, waiting for the lag to go away, but since it doesn't leave quickly enough, the stasis field dissipates and drops your items into khyber-hopefully the god of Turbine can rescue them before the dragon down below eats them!

I was buying bank slots on toons yesterday and had the massive lag issue on one of them, and it took several minutes between buying it and getting it, because of so many other things also being delivered. It ate my points immediately though. This is also probably causing some of the lag, since when I bought the pre-order limited coll's edition package, I also bought the points at 40% off, so I had the 2k points from the expansion and 11k more points from the deal for 60 bucks. Now that I had 13k extra points, I bought the inventory bag slot on 34 toons while they were on sale at 20% off. I bet alot of other people did the same or were spending points on other things if they bought these extra 11k points so cheap or were spending their 2k from the expansion or both. So much store-buying on top of the cakes and tickets probably generated enough lag to do all this.

SpiderPig
02-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Just out of curiosity will the hot fix announced on log in be fixing the Cake/Expansion pack problem or will it be confronting the issue of TRing?

artistx
02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm out a cake and pre-purchase tickets... I wish read the message earlier...

MsEricka
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I also received one cake on a toon instead of four. However that was a "made up" toon just to receive the birthday cake and it was deleted afterwards.

All other toons had no issues that I can remember.. well I did get 4 ham stuck in a wall :)

Cordelia
02-28-2012, 11:21 PM
It doesn't bother me that the pre-order was bugged. It's Turbine, they're all about bugs. What bothers me is that they're still selling them. I was sold a pre-oder ticket 2 days after they knew the tickets would not provide me with what I paid for.

There's a big difference between technical issues and dishonest, unethical sales. Any sucker that has purchased the pre-order since the issue became known is a victim of the latter.

BigLlewy
02-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Bugger. I jumped the gun already and didn't get squat on my expansion material. Djinn worked perfectly though

Morph96070
02-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Not how it happened.

First, they denied it. Demanded people check their Hireling folders and such. Then they blamed it on the player, asking where they opened it and are they premium V.I.P. or otherwise. Then the community explained to them exactly what the problem was and what needed to be fixed in the code without even looking at the code.

Then they said it might take a while to fix. Then over a day later they admit to there really being a problem and telling everyone not to open their preorders.

Having followed this from the beginning,

First they replied to individual reports by suggesting they check hireling folders, make sure they had adequate inventory space, and to close and reopen the client - This would serve to make sure it wasn't user error or an appearance issue

Then they were getting more reports, and began gathering data in order to track down the bug(s)

After research, they confirmed that a verifiable, repeatable set of bugs were occuring, and began working on a fix, telling people that it could take a while to fix.

People didn't notice/pay attention to the "Known Issue" so they put a great big sign that said "DON'T DO THIS, IT'S BROKEN"

Same series of events, looked at logically, and without assuming a conspiracy to make sure as many as possible were affected.

Machination
02-29-2012, 12:00 AM
OK, so the 6 year old birthday cake I fed to the genie on several toons. One delivered perfect, two delivered stack of 1X item not 5X as stated, and one received nothing. I am really glad that they took the time to say "no need to put in a ticket", because its not worth the time of putting in a ticket for this, I can imagine they are swamped with tickets right now.

Now what is really disappointing, is my experience with purchasing the Underdark pack yesterday, it goes like this:

1. I tried to several hours to pay with paypal, it just hung on the confirmation page (blank), and reload/back/start over/re-do did not work. All produced the same result which was this hanging blank page. Checked my paypal account, no record of any attempt of a transaction.

2. Tired of the above scenario and not wanting to wait days for a ticket response, I use my credit card to purchase the Underdark pack and the 11,000 points bundle, for a total of 139.98 USD. It worked, first time. Fantastic I thought.

3. I cut the confirmation text, paste it in my notepad and save it. Proceeded to logout of everything and follow instructions to "activate" the Underdark expansion. Now THANK GOD I cut and paste the text, because I never received a confirmation email.

4. Login to myaccount.turbine.com account. I enter the product activation code into the field (as per instructions), then I get this whacky message:

You cannot upgrade a suspended subscription. Please reactivate the subscription first and try again. [err: 29306]
ATTENTION: One or more of your subscriptions has been suspended or downgraded from VIP status due to non-payment. Please re-enter your billing information or apply a Game Card now to reactivate your subscription(s). After successfully updating your billing information, click either “Resume” or “Get Unlimited Access” to restore the subscription`s former Active or VIP status.
Click here to update your billing information now.

OK, now for a couple of points to note:

a. Turbine stopped accepting my offshore credit card years ago (I live overseas), so I went Premium. At the time my credit card company told me that "yes, we gave them approval to charge" but it still was not accepted by Turbine....go figure. So I went Premium, and bought every pack through the DDO store via Paypal (which uses the same credit card mind you).

b. after seeing the above message, I proceed to take the SAME credit card that I bought the pack with, and use it to update my billing information at myaccount.turbine.com. Won't accept it. Same card I just bought the pack with......go figure. And, the same card I have used with Paypal for two years.

Now, WHY do they need my billing information if I am no longer VIP and do not have a subscription plan and am a Premium account?

And WHY won't it let me apply the product I just purchased to my account without my billing information?

Now, for the really great user experience:

1. I go to support.turbine.com search "err: 29306", and it pulls up this page: LINK (http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=158&hitOffset=2103+1884+1869+1699+1698), which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the problem, and does not even contain the text "err: 29306". I suggest Turbine use Google or Bing or any search service instead of their own little search engine that is worthless from a user perspective. I would rather have ZERO results that IRRELEVANT results.

2. I proceed to submit a support ticket via support.turbine.com. Now I do get a confirmation of this via email. My favorite sentence from the email: "Responses typically take 3-5 business days. While you are awaiting your response please feel free to search for an answer to your question(s) within our Knowledge Base:=". Wow, 3-5 days of reading the knowledge base....by that time Turbine can outsource all their support to me! 3-5 days....really?

3. I was able to apply the 11,000 turbine point package to my account via DDO Store without a glitch. This was actually quite refreshing after the above experience.

Now, fortunately I am a patient man. I am OK not getting my XP tomes and other junk from the pack purchase until we can TR again anyway. But, I do assume my ticket is at the bottom of the totem pole at the moment, and I will be lucky to get a response within 5 days. Let's hope I don't actually have to ......... call them........I remember the last time I did that over the credit card issue years ago...I spent an entire week with several hours a night (I live 12 hours ahead of EST) on the phone on hold. BTW they really should pick better hold music and entertainment for people on hold.............;)

UPDATE: Got a response from Account Support. They changed my account to VIP status for 24 hours, I applied the code, and the pack was applied to my account. Now just waiting for the hotfix to come into effect, wait till it seems safe to use all the StUfF that is making my inventory overflow! Thanks Turbine for finding a workaround. I do suggest you revise the myaccount.turbine.com interface to allow people who are not VIP to not have to contact you to upgrade an account, or move to use the DDO store for all future pack upgrades, etc.

XiaNYdE
02-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Why is it still being sold???? The product is faulty, acknowledged as faulty and still on sale, that is wrong right there!!

DrenglisEU
02-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Then cake monster I can somewhat understand, during my 6 years in this game, it's not the first time the monster eats the cake and gives nothing. It's the pre-order ticket mullfunction that sucks.... seems teh TP comes ok but rest disapear. Hopefully you guys get this in order... better yesterday than soon(c).

furbyoats
02-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Not how it happened.

Sounds like troubleshooting instead of blame to me but...that's just my opinion.

Alexxander
02-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Dear Turbine,

A glitch in your game caused me to not receive any of the pre-order stuff (that I had just effectively paid double price for).

Same thing happened to my friends account, double billed and then everything was messed up. They are furious.

Turbine should at least have sent an email that said don't use code to all the customers that purchased as soon as it issue was known. I get that they are trying to resolve the issue, just hope they fix the double billed and screwed up accounts. What is being done about the double billing?

Don't blame the customers on this one, it is obviously a Turbine issue and should have had a better customer service response.

Victor_1
02-29-2012, 03:04 AM
Turbine, could you elaborate what should we do if we didn't receive 11k TP point from bundle please?

I didn't receive TP after activating code. Only noticed these issues after purchasing bundle pack :(
I am guessing I should just wait and see how things goes. But 140 USD is pretty big spending.
(to me it was like 112-4 USD thanks to current USD - JP Yen rate but anyways...) Any assurance would be appreciated.

DDOisFree
02-29-2012, 03:38 AM
People who arent bothered about these problems most likely didnt experience them happening on their accounts.

No one spends $80 on a pre order with promised pre order items, and be all happy and ok with not recieving what they paid for, human nature would cause you to rage if this happened to you.

I didnt get my greater tome, pets and whatever other items I was supposed to after using my token, and I was beyond furious. Yes I know how to read, it happened to me long before there was either notice on the login window about either the cakes or tokens not working.

Miacorva
02-29-2012, 04:43 AM
Glad to see that something is being done and that a hotfix is scheduled.
Really unfortunate that the bug happened, but glad to see a better than SoonTm response for once.

Good job Turbine for taking it seriously, hopefully you can all get some rest once it sorted out :)

Sidewaysgts86
02-29-2012, 04:48 AM
I know im not the first person in here to ask this- but from what Ive seen there HASNT been a response yet, so im just hoping if WE ask enough, well get some kind of answer.

What are we do to if we DIDNT get (insert whatever it was that didnt show up for you here, for me- My cake trade in resulted in nothing).

All i know so far is that we SHOULDNT send in a ticket. Alrighty, I wont. But now what? Will this be solved later? Will I login at a later date to find myself the item i didnt get? Will I Have another cake? Will i have to contact someone later once the solution has been figured out? Anything would be helpful here.

Rhomnibus
02-29-2012, 04:51 AM
I thought everyone knew ...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/034/053/The_cake_is_a_lie.jpg

imd187
02-29-2012, 05:23 AM
Anyone who has played this game for more than 1 update should know there are bugs every single release. Turbine has spent all of one day gathering information and planning a fix and posting it here. Modifying the launcher message or sending out an in game message takes longer.

Welcome to DDO.

Part 1) Modifying should not take longer, I am a programmer myself. Though their focus should be on making sure there is a problem then posting warnings(in my mind deactivating the pre order so no-one elsee is affected.), The fixing the problem. The in-game msg is annoying more then helpful

Part 2)
Should not be this way. I read the notes, if I am not overly excited about it, or a couple of hours later. Things happen, always does, but to blame the person for dropping $30- $80 and then jumping into using items they just paid for is not correct either. People get excited over it and want to enjoy their newly paid for things. its human nature. Now if they used it on 2+ chars, its their fault totally. If it not working on 1 dont bother with any more, because it could be a waste.

Developing software takes time and I have had bugs in mine that didn't show up until last round of checking and the software broke. Unusable. Sucked. But things happen, we live, we learn, and we accept. If not, too bad, they will either drop the game title or replace you. Sucks I know but that is the blunt truth.

imd187
02-29-2012, 05:27 AM
I know im not the first person in here to ask this- but from what Ive seen there HASNT been a response yet, so im just hoping if WE ask enough, well get some kind of answer.

What are we do to if we DIDNT get (insert whatever it was that didnt show up for you here, for me- My cake trade in resulted in nothing).

All i know so far is that we SHOULDNT send in a ticket. Alrighty, I wont. But now what? Will this be solved later? Will I login at a later date to find myself the item i didnt get? Will I Have another cake? Will i have to contact someone later once the solution has been figured out? Anything would be helpful here.

Would u want them to update us every five minutes or work on the problem? I choose the later of the 2.

imd187
02-29-2012, 05:30 AM
People who arent bothered about these problems most likely didnt experience them happening on their accounts.

No one spends $80 on a pre order with promised pre order items, and be all happy and ok with not recieving what they paid for, human nature would cause you to rage if this happened to you.

I didnt get my greater tome, pets and whatever other items I was supposed to after using my token, and I was beyond furious. Yes I know how to read, it happened to me long before there was either notice on the login window about either the cakes or tokens not working.

Im sorry you have anger issues, I did spend the $80, Didn't see anything in launcher window, didn't look too hard either. Have stuff missing too, but to be filled with rage over some small like this is purely pointless, it will get solved and we all move on.

imd187
02-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Sounds like troubleshooting instead of blame to me but...that's just my opinion.

It is just trouble shooting, not blaming. I agree fully.

imd187
02-29-2012, 05:39 AM
Not how it happened.

Then the community explained to them exactly what the problem was and what needed to be fixed in the code without even looking at the code.

So where in the code is the problem, what line? Which file? What EXACTLY is the problem? What needs to be fixed in the code? If you can answer these questions with out being broad about(i.e. in the part that deals with preorder stuff, blah blah blah), then maybe you should apply for a programming job for Turbine/Atari, inc.

Seriously, you obviously dont know what your talking about.

02-29-2012, 05:47 AM
Im sorry you have anger issues, I did spend the $80, Didn't see anything in launcher window, didn't look too hard either. Have stuff missing too, but to be filled with rage over some small like this is purely pointless, it will get solved and we all move on.

I agree completely. I spent the $80, didn't get the items on the first character who tried it, and submitted a ticket. It got updated within a couple hours that this is a known issue under investigation. I think they're doing fine so far. Just work on it, fix it, and let us know when it's fixed. This isn't that big a deal.

ClanWorst
02-29-2012, 06:23 AM
I bought the big pre-pack, used the ticket, got a poof in my face, got angry, checked the forums, saw they are working on it, reminded myself that its in their own interests to fix this asap and that's why they are probably doing their best to fix it, sighed, and said "oh well". I guess many others had more or less a similar experience.

What I dont understand is, if there is such a problem, why does not Turbine temporarily halt selling the pack? Putting sale of the pre-pack on hold, announcing that there is a problem which is being worked out and asking potential buyers to be a bit patient, imho, is a better marketing strategy then having more and more dissatisfied customers.

cryptblitzer
02-29-2012, 06:26 AM
......and recieved nothin.
Scarlilith and Scarthis on the Thelanis server.
Tryied to get stat tomes, submited ticket for Scarlilith before this post.

Thank you turbine for your attention to this matter, gl in game all and peace.

Lendrick
02-29-2012, 06:27 AM
So, without reading every post, we are still waiting for a solution? I tried to activate my panther pet and it dissapeared. I am guessing that is the same issue people are having, and I dont seem to have got my tomes at all. Thanks Turbine for putting a priority on this one! :)

harrisonfear
02-29-2012, 06:39 AM
IN- Game Support closed the ticket I lodged. The issue is not solved so it should not be closed , the ticket should be placed on hold until resolved. I bought the panther pack and clicked on the item when it arrived, The icon vanished no items was the reward. I was one of the first people to experience the issue, and raise a ticket. Now the lame response when we know more we will let the general public know by the in game launcher and by the forums. How about the advising the people effected by our email address. I offered them a solution which is to issue another code to people effected and then await for them to fix the problem.

Dazhforum
02-29-2012, 06:51 AM
This is unbelievable. Does Turbine do anything at all which is not bugged out to the max?
A new release in the works, $80 USD for a pre-purchase order, and you get - nothing!

I used to view with skepticism the constant remarks by older players about how gimped Turbine is. Now it's pretty clear. How difficult can it be to have items pop up in your inventory?

Now, for all of you out there, ready to propose an alternative view...Just put a small text notice -- in the pre-purchase order procedure itself -- that there is a known (and serious!) bug. Then I would not have psyched myself up to dishing out $80 bucks and getting ready to enjoy! All you have to do is type it in - you "programmers" you!!

[I said something completely different here]

No need to take anything personally. This applies to all the programmers at Turbine.

Shamurai
02-29-2012, 06:52 AM
1. read the forums
2. read release notes
3. read the forums
4. read known issues
5. read the forums.
6. I'm still at work so.. read the forums some more.
20. Finally at home, update client with an informed idea if it is worth to log in or not. :)

You just summed up my process PERFECTLY

DDOisFree
02-29-2012, 07:01 AM

Unfortunately for me, I dont have more money than sense not to be upset over not getting something that I spent $80 on, and neither is that sum of money something small to me as it seems to be to you.

dodger72
02-29-2012, 07:13 AM
(sigh).....my wife laughed at me when I started cussing about this....

Turbine...got faith that this will get fixed...otherwise...I won't hear the end of it.

Looking foward to the fix.

Thanks

Chai
02-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Ok it took 15 minutes...

From another thread earlier today:

Try 7 hours.

And the DMs were closing out some tickets with no response given. Only after it became a widespread issue did they script a response and send it out that it was known, and that they are looking into it.

Its good that they are communicating about it now rather than still closing out tickets sans response. The communication does alot to settle people after they just spent money on a product that was not delivered.

Chai
02-29-2012, 07:26 AM

The issue wasnt the bug itself, it was the initial response of closing out tickets with no response whatsoever.

After working and managing CS for decades, one of my pet peeves is poor CS.

Accusing someone of having anger issues for being upset about that initial response is flat out unjustified.

They are doing it correctly in my book now though, just should have done it that way from the start.

CMPetro
02-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Thank you for the update. I look forwards to the resolution.

imd187
02-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Unfortunately for me, I dont have more money than sense not to be upset over not getting something that I spent $80 on, and neither is that sum of money something small to me as it seems to be to you.

It isnt a small some of cash, but if you couldnt AFFORD to take the risk then thats on you not them. They never said f u you aint getting it, they said they are having tech issues and they are working on fixing it, so give them time and relax. This world isnt perfect and neither are we and if you expect it to be, then you'll only be dissappointed and upset for the rest of your life. Sorry but thats the truth.

imd187
02-29-2012, 07:40 AM
The issue wasnt the bug itself, it was the initial response of closing out tickets with no response whatsoever.

After working and managing CS for decades, one of my pet peeves is poor CS.

Accusing someone of having anger issues for being upset about that initial response is flat out unjustified.

They are doing it correctly in my book now though, just should have done it that way from the start.

"RAGE" is an inappropriate form of anger, in this situation. Yes, I too am upset, but I will not let a game fill me with rage because of a delay. I will admit that the uncertainty of what is happening is a little discerning right now but I have faith I will get mine in the end. If I don't I will admit rage might be called for at that point, but until then I will have to exhibit a little patience. All I was saying is he got too upset because of a tech issues unforseen, that hopefully will be solved sometime today.

Balgus
02-29-2012, 07:42 AM

It's been two days, how about an update?

Kayla93
02-29-2012, 07:43 AM
It isnt a small some of cash, but if you couldnt AFFORD to take the risk then thats on you not them. They never said f u you aint getting it, they said they are having tech issues and they are working on fixing it, so give them time and relax. This world is perfect and neither are we and if you expect it to be, then you'll only be dissappointed and upset for the rest of your life. Sorry but thats the truth.

Well they cant simply dont give it to you.

I dont understand why people are SO angry.
I partially agree with quoted person.
I mean yeah I was little irritaed too, but ill wait and get my things.
Lots will say thats its because we all saw their policy - not getting back items that magically dissapeared.
But this id different. Its not free cake, or, technically free, raid loot etc.
Not giving items would be breaking marketing deal, and u selling sth u dont give is technically a crime.
So be patient. You will get your things.

I just hope we will see them soon.
Cause its already 2 days.

And well.... I agree they should shut seling pre-order till they fix it.
Not all people read forums.

Edit:
Yup... Id also love to know how work bout it goes, or get any information.

~Glouscester
02-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Dear Turbine Staff,

1) Please hire play testers. Update after update sees buggy code. Most of these bugs are discovered on Lamania (which isn't a testing server it's a preview server) and they just waltz right over to live. I'm not saying there won't be bugs. I'm just asking that you actually hire some play testers. This current bug with the pre-purchase is crazy. How did you NOT catch that?

2) Please fix your support staff. Give them some power. Let them make your customers happy. Right now using the ticket system in the game is a joke. The interface itself is buggy!

3) Please start communicating to your customers about problems. This should have a sticky thread that is updated every 6-12 hours so people aren't so mad about what is happening. You should have a way to make a pop-up like the ULA that has big, nasty, scary caps letters saying not to eat cake. Mostly, people seem mad because we have no idea what is happening or don't live our lives reading the forums. I feel bad for people who ate the cakes and lost them, but I don't forget about the thousands of people who still have their cakes and can't enjoy them.

4) If this is any indication of what Menace will be like, count me out.

imd187
02-29-2012, 07:49 AM
I bought the big pre-pack, used the ticket, got a poof in my face, got angry, checked the forums, saw they are working on it, reminded myself that its in their own interests to fix this asap and that's why they are probably doing their best to fix it, sighed, and said "oh well". I guess many others had more or less a similar experience.

What I dont understand is, if there is such a problem, why does not Turbine temporarily halt selling the pack? Putting sale of the pre-pack on hold, announcing that there is a problem which is being worked out and asking potential buyers to be a bit patient, imho, is a better marketing strategy then having more and more dissatisfied customers.

I totally agree about the market strategy.And now that we were supposed to have a hotfix going on now(according to the thingy posted last night), I would like another update on whats going.

Kayla93
02-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Dear Turbine Staff,

1) Please hire play testers. Update after update sees buggy code. Most of these bugs are discovered on Lamania (which isn't a testing server it's a preview server) and they just waltz right over to live. I'm not saying there won't be bugs. I'm just asking that you actually hire some play testers. This current bug with the pre-purchase is crazy. How did you NOT catch that?

2) Please fix your support staff. Give them some power. Let them make your customers happy. Right now using the ticket system in the game is a joke. The interface itself is buggy!

3) Please start communicating to your customers about problems. This should have a sticky thread that is updated every 6-12 hours so people aren't so mad about what is happening. You should have a way to make a pop-up like the ULA that has big, nasty, scary caps letters saying not to eat cake. Mostly, people seem mad because we have no idea what is happening or don't live our lives reading the forums. I feel bad for people who ate the cakes and lost them, but I don't forget about the thousands of people who still have their cakes and can't enjoy them.

4) If this is any indication of what Menace will be like, count me out.

I agree.
This game needs better customers treating. The most important;
1) Informing players at least 2-3 a day whats going on with bugs that touched them.
2) Test things. I understand u cant help simple bugs that gets 1 person/1milion players. But if its half of ddo population thing definitely missed testing ;p.

deathboon
02-29-2012, 08:04 AM

Still standing by...

Cryptobranchus
02-29-2012, 08:44 AM
I am glad to see this message. I was afraid I was the only one effected by this bug. Odd that it only seemed to be faulty on the Argonessen server and not Orien where I also have toons. Well, I am more then willing to wait as long as I know the bug will be fixed and things will be back to normal ... Here's hoping.

Havik_Stormcrow
02-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Illiayana on Orien
Used cake to feed the Djinn picked the 4 rez cakes and didnt recieve them. Was standing on my guild ship when it happened.

XiaNYdE
02-29-2012, 09:14 AM
It isnt a small some of cash, but if you couldnt AFFORD to take the risk then thats on you not them. They never said f u you aint getting it, they said they are having tech issues and they are working on fixing it, so give them time and relax. This world isnt perfect and neither are we and if you expect it to be, then you'll only be dissappointed and upset for the rest of your life. Sorry but thats the truth.

You my friend are welcome to shop at my business any day of the week, i will promise you wonderful products, take your money and give you nothing, knowing that you are happy to live with it, because buying is now a risk and your not guaranteed anything, not even so much as a response!

Now if i truly did exactly as turbine has done here i would have consumer departments all over my backside and be out of business especially if i had continued to sell the flawed product.

Noctunicus
02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
If Turbine spent half the time is does deleting what it thinks are objectionable entries from this blog to the issue at hand, it WOULD BE FIXED BY NOW! ...and no... NOT SORRY FOR CAPS!

So I'm going for 3 for 3 on deleted entries from this blog for expressing an unpopular opinion that conflicts with Turbines marketing scheme. This should do it!

jakkson
02-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Its about time Turbine got smart and started using the mailboxes to address *URGENT* issues with their software.

I for one would not have pre purchased underdark if i knew there was a problem.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Day 2 with no update in 24 hours. Out $80.00 and not even a notice of when it might be fixed. Customer service will not answer the phone, but two of my friends got through and refunds will not be given, per the licensing agreement you clicked okay too when you purchased the fake product.

I walk into best buy to buy a DVD player. I pay $80.00 for it, bring it home excited to watch Shrek, and there is nothing in the Box. I call Best Buy and tell them I only got a empty box. Their reply is to wait a couple weeks, and they hopefully should mail me the dvd player in a week or so. In the meantime I can rub the DVD on the empty box and I might at least get audio? Can we have our money back? Can we have an update? Can we have a compensation package for scamming us?

Chrasch
02-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Day 2 with no update in 24 hours. Out $80.00 and not even a notice of when it might be fixed. Customer service will not answer the phone, but two of my friends got through and refunds will not be given, per the licensing agreement you clicked okay too when you purchased the fake product.

I walk into best buy to buy a DVD player. I pay $80.00 for it, bring it home excited to watch Shrek, and there is nothing in the Box. I call Best Buy and tell them I only got a empty box. Their reply is to wait a couple weeks, and they hopefully should mail me the dvd player in a week or so. In the meantime I can rub the DVD on the empty box and I might at least get audio? Can we have our money back? Can we have an update? Can we have a compensation package for scamming us?

Jesus people! Quit your *****ing. They aren't screwing you over. It's a game. There are going to be some bugs. They already gave you the update you need which is that they're fixing it. Not only that but it's only 7 AM here in California. Give them some time to wake up. I feel bad for them because they're gonna wake up and check the forum and see nothing but *****ing. What kind of update do you need? Sorry guys we're not done yet? Still not done yet?

stoerm
02-29-2012, 09:46 AM
promise you wonderful products, take your money and give you nothing, knowing that you are happy to live with it

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15396437.jpg

Day 2 with no update in 24 hours.

There's an imminent hotfix coming

This hotfix will include several fixes. In general, this hotfix aims to address Menace of the Underdark preorder ticket issues and Six Year Old Birthday Cake issues for people who redeem these items after tomorrow's hotfix,

Unfortunately it's delayed

Something has come up that is leading to an unavoidable delay in our hotfix. We've been working through the day and evening to get these fixes ready, but unfortunately an issue cropped up that is preventing us from deploying the hotfix in the morning. We will let you know when the hotfix is ready, and thank you for your patience!

Luckyjack1983
02-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Glad to hear it, I lost 2 rewards assuming it was fixed after the hotfix this morning

Skavenaps
02-29-2012, 09:51 AM
If Turbine spent half the time is does deleting what it thinks are objectionable entries from this blog to the issue at hand, it WOULD BE FIXED BY NOW! ...and no... NOT SORRY FOR CAPS!

So I'm going for 3 for 3 on deleted entries from this blog for expressing an unpopular opinion that conflicts with Turbines marketing scheme. This should do it!

ofc make sense that a forum moderator help on fix some code...

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Jesus people! Quit your *****ing. They aren't screwing you over. It's a game. There are going to be some bugs. They already gave you the update you need which is that they're fixing it. Not only that but it's only 7 AM here in California. Give them some time to wake up. I feel bad for them because they're gonna wake up and check the forum and see nothing but *****ing. What kind of update do you need? Sorry guys we're not done yet? Still not done yet?

One, your not VIP nor did you spend the 80 dollars. Two if they are fixing it they should give us an update at least every 12 hours. Three as a C+ programmer, something like this happened with our software and we would be running 24 hour shifts to fix the problem, and we are just a mid size software company. We don't sell products that don't work and we make sure QA has it over-tested. If we ever had something like this, people first off would lose their jobs, but we would STOP selling the product immediately! We would not refuse to give refunds for products not redeemed. In most countries when you buy something and dont get anything in return, its called stealing.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 09:55 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15396437.jpg

There's an imminent hotfix coming

Unfortunately it's delayed

It seems you didnt read what you /quote. The fix only fixes it for people who purchase it after the hotfix is applied. What about the other 80 thousand people with nothing who already paid?

imd187
02-29-2012, 09:59 AM
You my friend are welcome to shop at my business any day of the week, i will promise you wonderful products, take your money and give you nothing, knowing that you are happy to live with it, because buying is now a risk and your not guaranteed anything, not even so much as a response!

Now if i truly did exactly as turbine has done here i would have consumer departments all over my backside and be out of business especially if i had continued to sell the flawed product.

Heres the deal, When I feel that enough time has gone by and still heard nothing, I will raise hello. But I do understand the development process, and in that process problems can arise that are not the easiest of fixes. To all of the neophytes that think this should be solved in a matter of minutes, well your wrong. The thing is, I do expect to be getting my items I paid for, or a class actions lawsuit could be in order. I am not saying it will happen because I know turbine will make this right. And Buying has always been a risk, I bought the 80 dollar package and I did recieve 2k turbine points, lvl 7 veteren status, and the 2 adventure bundles. so I am sorry if you think youve been f'd but guess what u still have recieved stuff, and for that I will patiently wait until i find out nothing is coming and then Ill run wild.

DDOisFree
02-29-2012, 10:01 AM
This world isnt perfect and neither are we and if you expect it to be, then you'll only be dissappointed and upset for the rest of your life. Sorry but thats the truth.

Fortunately for me I live in a country where if you dont get what you paid for or what was advertised, then legally you are entitled to a full refund. No need for dissappointment in real life, because if anything goes wrong with any purchase, I get my money back.

Video game schemes where refunds are 100% not allowed even in cases where you dont get what you paid for are a scam and would be illegal here.

It doesnt matter if its a game, and the 'games are buggy, this is normal' excuse is a BS defense. If Turbine are charging $80 for a pre order with exclusive in game content, then they should have at least tested that the content works and is obtainable, and if not then stop selling the expansion until the issue is fixed.

danotmano1998
02-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Dear Turbine:

I would like to know when I will be able to use the items I have already paid cash for.
The items now residing in my inventory that I purchased because "They gave immediate in-game benefits."
The items that have already been charged to my credit card quick as a blink.
The items I am told that I should not use.

Any official word yet?

stoerm
02-29-2012, 10:05 AM
It seems you didnt read what you /quote. The fix only fixes it for people who purchase it after the hotfix is applied. What about the other 80 thousand people with nothing who already paid?

How about Tolero's OP in this thread?

* They've said they are sorry
* They said you do not need to do anything right now, wait for instructions

when you buy something and dont get anything in return, its called stealing.

You got something in return. It's broken, and they are trying to fix it ASAP.

What else do you want?

Chrasch
02-29-2012, 10:06 AM
One, your not VIP nor did you spend the 80 dollars. Two if they are fixing it they should give us an update at least every 12 hours. Three as a C+ programmer, something like this happened with our software and we would be running 24 hour shifts to fix the problem, and we are just a mid size software company. We don't sell products that don't work and we make sure QA has it over-tested. If we ever had something like this, people first off would lose their jobs, but we would STOP selling the product immediately! We would not refuse to give refunds for products not redeemed. In most countries when you buy something and dont get anything in return, its called stealing.

Actually cretin I did pay the 80 dollars and I was one of the original VIPs. Your VIP status hasn't been affected in anyway so why you would bring that up confuses me. Next, good for you. Third, good for you. Finally, people would lose their jobs? Really? What a ****** company you must be working for. Now don't forget to take your foot out of your mouth.

Deathnights
Heres the deal, When I feel that enough time has gone by and still heard nothing, I will raise hello. But I do understand the development process, and in that process problems can arise that are not the easiest of fixes. To all of the neophytes that think this should be solved in a matter of minutes, well your wrong. The thing is, I do expect to be getting my items I paid for, or a class actions lawsuit could be in order. I am not saying it will happen because I know turbine will make this right. And Buying has always been a risk, I bought the 80 dollar package and I did recieve 2k turbine points, lvl 7 veteren status, and the 2 adventure bundles. so I am sorry if you think youve been f'd but guess what u still have recieved stuff, and for that I will patiently wait until i find out nothing is coming and then Ill run wild.

Consider yourself lucky, the majority of the thousands and thousands of people paid $80.00 and got 2000 turbine points. Last I checked 2k turbine points don't cost 80 dollars. We have been waiting patiently for 24 hours for them to even acknowledge the problem when they knew the previous day prior to launch. No refunds, and if cancel credit card transaction for purchase they ban your account, even if you have 28 days left on your payment plan? The whole thing is a joke, the lying and deceiving, and the continued deliberate sale of a defective product? You can order it right now! An still get NOTHING.. lol Turbine has played a joke on us and we are all the fools.

imd187
and if not then stop selling the expansion until the issue is fixed.

I have overly agreed with this, I just think we all should exhibit patience. Thats it.

DOA666
A) The product has a release date in June. If you were prepared to spend money yesterday and wait until June to play it how does it affect the way you spent your money yesterday for those asking for refunds?

B) They said its being fixed as a matter or priority. They will fix it. How does having to wait a day or so extra affect the way you play the game if you can currently play the game as you did the day before spending the money?

C) Whining doesnt help anything but cause more problems. Mob mentality makes you responsible for other people in the mob's actions.

So, do you want them to fix it or stop and deal with people being jerks on forums? Your a paying customer .. you decide :p

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Actually cretin I did pay the 80 dollars and I was one of the original VIPs. Your VIP status hasn't been affected in anyway so why you would bring that up confuses me. Next, good for you. Third, good for you. Finally, people would lose their jobs? Really? What a ****** company you must be working for. Now don't forget to take your foot out of your mouth.

Please dont call me derogatory names it is against forum policy. I don't believe you even have a level 20 toon let alone VIP. And yes, the in real world, when hundreds of thousands of dollars are lost, possible lawsuits, 99% of software companies would fire multiple people. Bugs can happen, this is beyond that, this is bad coding, bad management, illegal sale practices, amongst 50 other unethical decisions they have made during this process

Vaypor
02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
There I was running around Ghallanda, seeing the new pre-purchase goodies, i.e. masks and critters, running around, and I asked some of the people with them how they liked them. I have been with DDO sinice before their 1st birthday bash. I know bugs pop in. I had already been playing a looooong session, debating as a VIP if I wanted to spend $$ on something where if I waited I would get much of it for free.

The last person I spoke with said they loved it, but it took between 1 to 2 hours to actually get it. I finally made a decision to get it. I minimized DDO and proceeded to go to the buy screen. I paid my $80, within an hour, got my panther icon, that ONLY warned me of the first toon to click this gets the greater tome, everyone else gets the lessers. Fine. I selected my candidate, clicked, waited couple hours, couple more, THEN I hear everyone talking about bugs.

Since the promo goes from 2/27 to 6/25....I'd have likely waited for the all clear to buy and use HAD there been some kind of IN GAME warning system. Question, part rethoric, part wanting an answer. How can a system be set-up, or an existing system used, to warn people who are in game? New messages put in the login screen do no good if your already logged in.

Bad news - One of my toons clicked the kitty. Good news - Cause I read that the first toon to use it gets the greater book, I was waiting to make sure they got it and not click on all my toons and play a version of Russian roulette hoping they stayed queued in order.

And I agree, periodic updates would be nice. Something general would be good, like: Found where the problem is, still looking, expect to have fix in 12 hrs, 24 hrs. Something would be better than nothing. Right now I feel like Turbine is a void where communication is concerned. And to address someone else's comment (not going thru 7 pages just to do the quotes thing). Yes, I would rather they fix the problem than constant updates, but I'm saying periodic updates, surely they can spare someone for 5 mins every 6 hrs?

In the mean time, I play the waiting game like everyone else.

~Glouscester
02-29-2012, 10:12 AM

Well, if I already have lvl 7 veteran status unlocked, I'm VIP so I have access to the bundles already, and I paid $80 to get 2k turbine points...then I would like my money back. If I can't get my money back(have you ever tried dealing with their customer support?) for the product that wasn't delivered as advertised, then the least Turbine can do is let me know how this is going to be fixed. I think what people want is some kind of acknowledgement and an action plan. Please let people know what you are going to do! What is the mysterious problem you encountered? Did you find a plate of donuts on the way to your computer and you just couldn't wait to eat them? Is the problem deeper than you thought?

1) Respond to your players. Tell us what you are going to do about this problem. Just saying there is a hot fix coming isn't a solution. What is actually going to happen in this hot fix for all your paying customers that did not get what was paid for?

2) Please open a thread that gives updates to this problem without commenting so we can see what you are saying without wading through massive walls of texts, like this one.

3) Set up an EASY process for us to get a refund if we don't want this product. I have lost ALL faith in Turbine delivering a decent product. Every single update is bugged beyond belief. This ins't new. I was very excited to hear about the expansion when it came out, but now I'm not sure I want anything to do with it. Treat your customers with more respect and set up an easy way for us to get our money back when you don't deliver.

I just don't have much confidence in Turbine getting this right. How do they know what toons used the item and didn't get what they paid for? Are we all getting an extra item? Are they going to wipe current items and make us re-apply? Why hasn't Turbine addressed these problems? Why is it always such a secret!?!?!

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 10:13 AM
A) The product has a release date in June. If you were prepared to spend money yesterday and wait until June to play it how does it affect the way you spent your money yesterday for those asking for refunds?

B) They said its being fixed as a matter or priority. They will fix it. How does having to wait a day or so extra affect the way you play the game if you can currently play the game as you did the day before spending the money?

C) Whining doesnt help anything but cause more problems. Mob mentality makes you responsible for other people in the mob's actions.

So, do you want them to fix it or stop and deal with people being jerks on forums? Your a paying customer .. you decide :p

A:) If you read before posting you would know there are several items you get when you pay the 80 dollars. The xp tomes probably being the most important. When your friends are running at 50% xp bonus, and your not, you fall behind in hours and can no longer play with your friends. Should half your friends wait because Turbine is selling a product that doesn't work?

B:) Obama said the country would be fixed as a matter of priority.. see how that is working out?

C:) Complaining is the only way to get stuff done, people need to read history more.

D:) The people addressing the problems are not forum moderators so they can address the jerks all they want and have no bearing on the development process.

imd187
02-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Please dont call me derogatory names it is against forum policy. I don't believe you even have a level 20 toon let alone VIP. And yes, the in real world, when hundreds of thousands of dollars are lost, possible lawsuits, 99% of software companies would fire multiple people. Bugs can happen, this is beyond that, this is bad coding, bad management, illegal sale practices, amongst 50 other unethical decisions they have made during this process

They are in the process of working on it, This is beyond a bug, its beyond by the means of impatient people who it NOW and cant relax and enjoy the game as the day before. Last I checked Unethical business practice is not a crime. I know they will give us our stuff, it just might take a bit.

imd187
02-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Every single update is bugged beyond belief. This ins't new.

So if this isnt new, then why did your rush into it?

Noctunicus
02-29-2012, 10:42 AM
The ultimate Turbine fix, I think, will bring true relevance to the phrase "Have my cake & eat it too!" I expect the remedy will do nothing more than contribute to the "virtual obesity" problems we suffer from here in the United States. Now THAT'S FUNNY folks! Harrr-de-har-harr!

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 10:45 AM
They are in the process of working on it, This is beyond a bug, its beyond by the means of impatient people who it NOW and cant relax and enjoy the game as the day before. Last I checked Unethical business practice is not a crime. I know they will give us our stuff, it just might take a bit.

Last I checked Unethical business practice is not a crime? Your probably right, but Theft of services is the legal term for a crime which is committed when a person obtains valuable services by deception. This bug has been documented and well known for 42 hours...... They are still selling a broken product... I can go right now and upgrade, and 39 hours later get a disclaimer (after purchase) that the items are not redeemable.

Duerty
02-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Would it be possible to have a locked Dev thread that we can see the progress on this developing fix without having to page thru the now over 100 player replies? Ok, we aall know there is a problem, but most of us want to see the progress and potential solution from the Devs, without having to sort thru everyones own issues, rants, and in many cases accolades to Turbine for addressing this...

my 2c.

ps. I know by posting this I am a adding to the problem thread, but I saw no other way :)

Have fun!

shawncthayer
02-29-2012, 10:56 AM
More importantly, is for those who've used the Djinn and received only 1 of a multiple item, are we going to see afix and re-issue? Can you track who's used the cake and for what? Enquiring minds would like to know?

Noctunicus
02-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Limited Time Collectors Edition - $79.99

Standard Edition - $49.99

Base Edition - $29.99

Developing a business model where once I have taken your money for something that doesn't work, you have no way of getting it back - PRICELESS!

Cordovan
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Would it be possible to have a locked Dev thread that we can see the progress on this developing fix without having to page thru the now over 100 player replies? Ok, we aall know there is a problem, but most of us want to see the progress and potential solution from the Devs, without having to sort thru everyones own issues, rants, and in many cases accolades to Turbine for addressing this...

my 2c.

ps. I know by posting this I am a adding to the problem thread, but I saw no other way :)

Have fun!

We will make sure that the first post in this thread contains all of the latest and relevant information.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 11:04 AM
We will make sure that the first post in this thread contains all of the latest and relevant information.

Last update was 02-28-2012, 08:43 PM .............................................that was 16 hours ago.. how about something like every 12 hours? We cant get a refund, we cant get our items... Updated information is free to give out, wont cost Turbine any money.

Cordovan
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Turbine, could you elaborate what should we do if we didn't receive 11k TP point from bundle please?

I didn't receive TP after activating code. Only noticed these issues after purchasing bundle pack :(
I am guessing I should just wait and see how things goes. But 140 USD is pretty big spending.
(to me it was like 112-4 USD thanks to current USD - JP Yen rate but anyways...) Any assurance would be appreciated.

Please make sure that you are using the Turbine Point code (2nd code in the email that includes your expansion pre-order product key), and that you are applying that code in the DDO Store in-game. This can be done by opening the DDO Store, clicking "Add Points", then enter the code in the Redeem Code box. Thanks!

Cauthey
02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
The ultimate Turbine fix, I think, will bring true relevance to the phrase "Have my cake & eat it too!" I expect the remedy will do nothing more than contribute to the "virtual obesity" problems we suffer from here in the United States. Now THAT'S FUNNY folks! Harrr-de-har-harr!

:p

But, it's not our characters that are consuming the 6 year old cake. We're actually pawning it off on an unsuspecting Djinni! *muffled chuckle* He has NO IDEA it's 6 years old!! *snicker* :p

DOA666
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM
A:) If you read before posting you would know there are several items you get when you pay the 80 dollars. The xp tomes probably being the most important. When your friends are running at 50% xp bonus, and your not, you fall behind in hours and can no longer play with your friends. Should half your friends wait because Turbine is selling a product that doesn't work?

Dont presume I didnt read. I am affected like everyone else who preordered and didnt get the items. I have friends waiting on me as well.I agree it has put my schedule back and is frustrating.

Just quickly .. Do you blame everyone that has logged into Lamania for not finding bugs as much as you do Turbine for unwillingly creating them? Lamania afterall is a live testbed put in place for that one reason.

B:) Obama said the country would be fixed as a matter of priority.. see how that is working out?
I dont know how to respond to using Obama as a point in an arguement... he doesnt work for Turbine and didnt cause the bug. How does that relate to Turbine and this bug? It would be like me using Malcom X as my answer. See how his dream worked out. Black americans are allowed to ride the bus. That was a success story just like the bug fix will eventually be.

C:) Complaining is the only way to get stuff done, people need to read history more.
Reporting bugs gets things done. If someone acts like a jerk and whines and complains it makes them feel better at the expense of others having to put up with the rubbish. Sending in a bug report for bugs as serious as this gets the right people looking for the problem and a solution to fix it quicker then a complainer can.

D:) The people addressing the problems are not forum moderators so they can address the jerks all they want and have no bearing on the development process.

So your condoning being a jerk on forums as being ok because there are people employed to address it? Interesting thought there. Just because you can doesnt mean you should. Someone being a jerk about it once they already know Turbine is working on a fix as a priority is pretty selfish wouldnt you agree?

LordMaya
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I am not happy at all...spent $79 us AND ONLY GOT 2K FAVOUR POINTS....the deal is a complete rip off and misleading with poor in game support with just a form letter and not addressing individual questions. I will investigate with local police regarding false and misleading internet claims by Turbine. One very very unhappy customer

DanteEnFuego
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I am not happy at all...spent $79 us AND ONLY GOT 2K FAVOUR POINTS....the deal is a complete rip off and misleading with poor in game support with just a form letter and not addressing individual questions. I will investigate with local police regarding false and misleading internet claims by Turbine. One very very unhappy customer

Ask them what the legal definition of fraud is in your jurisdiction, as well as libel. Then read your Terms of Service. Nice first post...

Seriously, look at the information available. Check the Dev Tracker posts... You will be fine...

~Glouscester
02-29-2012, 11:36 AM
So if this isnt new, then why did your rush into it?

Silly me for thinking that if I paid for something it would work. I shouldn't have rushed into it I was wrong. I was rash. I made a mistake. But, I can't get information or a refund. I just want them to change their practices.

I love the dog but I hate the master...

Desdemonte
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM

How can you be surprised that you got 2000 TP, unless you are unable to read English (or any of the other languages it was advertised in)? It is laid out clear as day.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Dont presume I didnt read. I am affected like everyone else who preordered and didnt get the items. I have friends waiting on me as well.I agree it has put my schedule back and is frustrating.

Just quickly .. Do you blame everyone that has logged into Lamania for not finding bugs as much as you do Turbine for unwillingly creating them? Lamania afterall is a live testbed put in place for that one reason.

I dont know how to respond to using Obama as a point in an arguement... he doesnt work for Turbine and didnt cause the bug. How does that relate to Turbine and this bug? It would be like me using Malcom X as my answer. See how his dream worked out. Black americans are allowed to ride the bus. That was a success story just like the bug fix will eventually be.

Reporting bugs gets things done. If someone acts like a jerk and whines and complains it makes them feel better at the expense of others having to put up with the rubbish. Sending in a bug report for bugs as serious as this gets the right people looking for the problem and a solution to fix it quicker then a complainer can.

So your condoning being a jerk on forums as being ok because there are people employed to address it? Interesting thought there. Just because you can doesnt mean you should. Someone being a jerk about it once they already know Turbine is working on a fix as a priority is pretty selfish wouldnt you agree?

Lamania is a preview server, not a test server. Obama was an analogy (In a narrower sense, analogy is an inference or an argument from one particular to another particular). If there was no whining and complaining you would be paying $100.00 for a bag of tea. Being a jerk is irrelevant if the information presented is factual. We have a right to be mad the the only way you can get a refund is to have your account banned. We are mad we paid for something we didn't get. We are mad that we don't get updates on the situation for over 16 hours. We are mad that they are only patching a fix that will address new orders. What about everyone who already got scammed out of their $80.00? You can drink joy and have fun in the sun, i will sit in this dark office and freak out. It's my right as a paying customer.

Who is working on the people who already got scammed? Find me the post on how we are going to get our items back and when? a day, week month? After the release? Will we have to buy it again after the patch just so it works and we will get a refund? or will we just have to double pay? How can you not be mad?

tboner
02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
How do we know when this is fixed? Will there be a message on the DDO launcher form? This is apparently the "offical" post for us to get updates on, but is severely hijacked by everyone whining about stuff they didn't get yet.

Talimannn
02-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Bravo to Turbine on this one.

No, not for the bug, which is unfortunate, but for actually letting us know what is going on for a change rather than keeping us all in the dark.

I think the usual 'the players can't handle the truth' issue is as much of a turbine bug as the actual bugs are.

Thanks for your fast action on updates on this. The bug didn't hit me personally as I did get my full quote of pots on my arty, but due to actually (for a change lol) reading the log in screen this time I avoided using any of my other birthday cakes until this is fixed.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Bravo to Turbine on this one.

No, not for the bug, which is unfortunate, but for actually letting us know what is going on for a change rather than keeping us all in the dark.

I think the usual 'the players can't handle the truth' issue is as much of a turbine bug as the actual bugs are.

Thanks for your fast action on updates on this. The bug didn't hit me personally as I did get my full quote of pots on my arty, but due to actually (for a change lol) reading the log in screen this time I avoided using any of my other birthday cakes until this is fixed.

We dont care about birthday cakes. We care about our 80 dollars being stolen

danotmano1998
02-29-2012, 11:53 AM

Mmm. I think the term "stolen" is used incorrectly here.
I'm just as bummed as anyone that things aren't working like they are supposed to.
Im just as bummed as anyone that I can't TR, can't use my awesome tomes I already paid for, etc.

This is more like a loan.
Give Turbine your money for stuff. Then wait for it.

False advertising? Not at first. Now that they know it's bugged, yeah, IMO it IS false advertising. Throwing a huge "Buy now for immediate in game benefits" splash that they know doesn't work doesn't sit well with me at all.

Turbine pretty much HAS to fix this or they'll lose out big time. Which means that they will. As soon as they can.

I've seen more Dev posts since this has come out than I can ever remember. I'm quite pleased to see them taking this seriously and working aggressively to fix it. I just wish they would hold up on the $$ grabbing until things work as intended, or at least post that it doesn't work right there in big letters WHEN YOU ARE BUYING IT.

arwyr2
02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
so i used my pre-purchase things from the collector edition on 2 characters last night, works fine as far as i know. only question is this: are the 3 cosmetic pets supposed to be available to all characters, or just the first to activate?

DanteEnFuego
02-29-2012, 12:01 PM

Stolen? An intentional and unlawful taking? Are these posts helping? You and others are defaming a good company.

Raiderone
02-29-2012, 12:02 PM

Had only one of 18 toons fail to get Cake Reward of +2 Intelligence Tome.
Jholly on my 2nd account.

timsquire
02-29-2012, 12:05 PM
How is that any different than managers wanting you to schedule unexpected downtime?

Ok, that is a good idea, let alone also put it into the log in screen. But you'd need to rig up the world wide announcement for every hour due to the number of people that will be missed.

Perhaps DDO should utilize the same messaging system they use for guild level-- an existing message system that could be used for emergency notices worldwide

choco1212
02-29-2012, 12:10 PM
I dont think for one minute that Turbine are not working on the issue, i do have one question though, why are they still trying to sell this new product KNOWING that at the moment, it doesnt work properly? Illegal i doubt it, immoral ofc! Stupid that they will get even more complaints, yes stupid that they make more money, no ! Not the devs fault, i assume Management insist that the broken product stays advertised.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Stolen? An intentional and unlawful taking? Are these posts helping? You and others are defaming a good company.

Sorry stolen was a poor choice of words. Scammed is more appropriate as they continue to sell a broken product that doesn't work for the vast majority of users.

sebastianosmith
02-29-2012, 12:11 PM
only question is this: are the 3 cosmetic pets supposed to be available to all characters, or just the first to activate?

I wondered about that as well. Not that I mind at this point - But if pets get to do something less "cosmetic" later on (please let them have little backpacks!), how will that play out?

countfitz
02-29-2012, 12:19 PM

Yes, stolen. It is intentional and should be unlawful, except that I'm sure somewhere in the "I accept" form I clicked was some legal jargon that makes Turbine exempt from providing what they promised.

Now, what they did to me, selling me a product when, at that point, they knew didn't work, but before they announced it at all, and still sell it, WITHOUT saying ANYTHING at the place I paid for it, yes, seems like theft to me.

Once they stop selling a broken product, and only sell it once it is working again, I'll be willing to say it is not theft but a mistake. At the very least say it is broken ON THE PAGE IT IS BEING SOLD ON.

It was a mistake for the first person that reported the incident. The second and third, okay, from then there should have been a shut down of the sales. After that, yeah, theft. Thievery. Stealing.

countfitz
02-29-2012, 12:22 PM
so i used my pre-purchase things from the collector edition on 2 characters last night, works fine as far as i know. only question is this: are the 3 cosmetic pets supposed to be available to all characters, or just the first to activate?

Just the first.

sebastianosmith
02-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Just the first.

Then that's not WAI. All my characters can summon them even if I've not used the panther token yet for a character.

stainer
02-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Just the first.

Negative Ghostrider.

Use the pets on the first character and they are available on all characters.

rustyscrew420
02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
and did not get anything out of it. will they send us the tome in the mail?

Thrudh
02-29-2012, 12:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmxEB-hZ_Ck

On a serious note, they ARE working on a fix. You will get your stuff soon.

Thrudh
02-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Sorry stolen was a poor choice of words. Scammed is more appropriate as they continue to sell a broken product that doesn't work for the vast majority of users.

Is "vast majority" a truthful statement?

Thrudh
02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Yes, stolen. It is intentional and should be unlawful, except that I'm sure somewhere in the "I accept" form I clicked was some legal jargon that makes Turbine exempt from providing what they promised.

Now, what they did to me, selling me a product when, at that point, they knew didn't work, but before they announced it at all, and still sell it, WITHOUT saying ANYTHING at the place I paid for it, yes, seems like theft to me.

Once they stop selling a broken product, and only sell it once it is working again, I'll be willing to say it is not theft but a mistake. At the very least say it is broken ON THE PAGE IT IS BEING SOLD ON.

It was a mistake for the first person that reported the incident. The second and third, okay, from then there should have been a shut down of the sales. After that, yeah, theft. Thievery. Stealing.

So you going to keep playing a game run by thieves? Or is your moral outrage only a show?

Chrasch
02-29-2012, 12:52 PM
and did not get anything out of it. will they send us the tome in the mail?

Nah, they'll probably just put a new slice of cake in your pocket. Am I the only one who wonders why the heck the Djinni wants a slice of 6 year old cake? That stuff has to be hard as a rock. Could probably hammer some nails in with that sucker. Oh yeah and I've only had one cake issue. Vedalken in the Cannith server only got 1 crafting elixir instead of six. I tried using my pre-order goodies with Barrogart in the same server. I was disappointed yes but I'm not freaking out. Turbine has never let us down. I'm mostly looking forward to the mask that gives +5 to saves against poison because my CON was a dump stat.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 12:53 PM

Reports show 7 out of 10.. vast enough for me

danotmano1998
02-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I dont think for one minute that Turbine are not working on the issue, i do have one question though, why are they still trying to sell this new product KNOWING that at the moment, it doesnt work properly? Illegal i doubt it, immoral ofc! Stupid that they will get even more complaints, yes stupid that they make more money, no ! Not the devs fault, i assume Management insist that the broken product stays advertised.

*cough* Yep!
That's the point right there I've tried to make and got shouted down for it.
It's not WAI. They know that. They're trying to fix it. Yet they are still selling it.

Fine, it doesn't work right, there are bugs. No biggie.
Just let peeps know about this BEFORE they purchase it, not AFTER.

Not sure it's even immorality.
It may just be impossible to effect this kind of change quickly within their current management structure. (Giving you guys a HUGE benefit of doubt here)

elkorm
02-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Thank you so much for selling me something I shouldn't have used.

Too bad I found out something was wrong after I attempted using a second token (I used one succesfully monday night) today.

did I just waste a lesser tome of learning?

Elk

drgsldr69
02-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Ok so are you going to auto know who didn't recieve their tomes or whatever? For instance my lv 20 artificer used his cake with no problem this morning and got a +2 Dex tome, however my lv 2rogue/7artificer used his cake and didn't get his +2con tome.

countfitz
02-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Negative Ghostrider.

Use the pets on the first character and they are available on all characters.

Oh, ***!

Seriously!!!!

Then that is ONE MORE THING I DIDN'T GET!!!!!

None of my toons got any pets! Even the ones that got their XP tomes and onyx statues! Man, that freaking sucks!

Well, I guess it's cool that all my toons will get to use them, if they fix anything any time soon.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Oh, ***!

Seriously!!!!

Then that is ONE MORE THING I DIDN'T GET!!!!!

None of my toons got any pets! Even the ones that got their XP tomes and onyx statues! Man, that freaking sucks!

Well, I guess it's cool that all my toons will get to use them, if they fix anything any time soon.

My guess is they are in your hireling folder

countfitz
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
So you going to keep playing a game run by thieves? Or is your moral outrage only a show?

Totally going to keep playing a game run by thieves!

I buy oil for my car too!

Edit: Just looked in your sig. Seriously, for a dude who has "This sucks. If I wasn't so addicted..." as his sig, I'd think you would understand.

countfitz
02-29-2012, 01:16 PM
My guess is they are in your hireling folder

Not there. But now I'm confused. Are you talking about the Onyx Panther (I got those for every toon that worked, 2 out of 6) but none of them got the cosmetic pets. Not a one. So are we saying all the toons get cosmetic pets? Or all of them get Onyx Figurines? Or all of them get all of them?

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 01:19 PM
all get panthers, that are hirelings, that go in your hireling folder if you have one.. some people only got those, some got nothing, all different variations.

Postumus
02-29-2012, 01:19 PM

I'm not a big fan of hyperbole either, but in this case can you honestly argue that it doesn't seem to be widespread?

countfitz
02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
all get panthers, that are hirelings, that go in your hireling folder if you have one.. some people only got those, some got nothing, all different variations.

Okay. So. Like I said, I did get my Onyx Figurine (Panther Hireling) and that worked on the two toons that got their items. 4 toons didn't get anything, because of the bug. That seems about right, since the bug seems to affect a vast majority, about 7/10 attempts, at using it.

But my question is this: Does every toon, when WAI, get access to the COSMETIC pets? Because none of my toons, even the ones that things worked for, got those.

I was pretty much assuming the bug was an all or nothing issue, your toon got everything or nothing at all. Apparently not?

Chrasch
02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Not there. But now I'm confused. Are you talking about the Onyx Panther (I got those for every toon that worked, 2 out of 6) but none of them got the cosmetic pets. Not a one. So are we saying all the toons get cosmetic pets? Or all of them get Onyx Figurines? Or all of them get all of them?

All of them should get all of the pets. I thought only one got the figurine and mask but I could be wrong on that front.

Chrasch
02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Okay. So. Like I said, I did get my Onyx Figurine (Panther Hireling) and that worked on the two toons that got their items. 4 toons didn't get anything, because of the bug. That seems about right, since the bug seems to affect a vast majority, about 7/10 attempts, at using it.

But my question is this: Does every toon, when WAI, get access to the COSMETIC pets? Because none of my toons, even the ones that things worked for, got those.

I was pretty much assuming the bug was an all or nothing issue, your toon got everything or nothing at all. Apparently not?

Which package did you get?

sebastianosmith
02-29-2012, 01:27 PM

Collector's Edition: wolf pup, panther cub and spiderling

Standard Edition: wolf pup and spiderling

Base Edition: spiderling

countfitz
02-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm not a big fan of hyperbole either, but in this case can you honestly argue that it doesn't seem to be widespread?

Truthfully, we are going to hear more from the people who were affected than were not, BUT, I've only seen THREE people on the forums that purchased the items and were not affected on at least one toon. They were trying to give advice on where/how to use your token to have the best chances of it working. Apparently one person got it to work correctly on all 18 of his toons.

But yeah, other than that, it was pretty much affecting a vast majority of players, like posted, 7/10. In my guild not one person who used the item didn't have at least one bug. Online nobody I spoke to didn't

But, once again, you have a far less likely chance of hearing someone say "Hey, I'm good over here" than "OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED!"

So annecdotes for a situation like this aren't foolproof. But "vast majority" does seem reasonably used here.

Of course, what are the chances Turbine will release the actual numbers? We could argue all day and never find out.

There was one thread that was hilarious about this. Some guy spent weeks calculating a Lit II's proc rate. He figured it out. He posted it. Then a dev said "yep, that's right." Seriously devs, just tell us the info! Making us do all the work when you have the answer in front of you!

countfitz
02-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Collector's Edition: wolf pup, panther cub and spiderling

Standard Edition: wolf pup and spiderling

Base Edition: spiderling

Yep, Collector's edition, didn't get it :(

Thrudh
02-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Reports show 7 out of 10.. vast enough for me

What reports?

Thrudh
02-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Thank you so much for selling me something I shouldn't have used.

Too bad I found out something was wrong after I attempted using a second token (I used one succesfully monday night) today.

did I just waste a lesser tome of learning?

Elk

No, they will make you good when it get fixed.

Thrudh
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM

Self-selection. The people it worked for aren't going to be posting here. Only the people who had a problem are going to run to the forums to complain (rightly so).

Thrudh
02-29-2012, 01:55 PM
In my guild not one person who used the item didn't have at least one bug.

That's a better sample. So maybe it is widespread. Or maybe everyone in your guild has a common factor that is rare in the general public <shrug>

saldain
02-29-2012, 02:12 PM
well, the post about the cake woulda been helpful had it been posted when i logged on, but it wasnt at the time so, since i didnt get my items when i traded the cake and i'm not supposed to fill out a ticket then exactly how am i supposed to get the items back,

saldain
02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
On the "only got 1 item" from the cake Djinni, you don't need to send a ticket if the Djinni shorted you on your potion stacks.

so how do i get my stuff then?

Postumus
02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Self-selection. The people it worked for aren't going to be posting here. Only the people who had a problem are going to run to the forums to complain (rightly so).

Well that's not entirely true. While disgruntled players are more likely to post, I have seen a few posts where users posted successes; but I haven't seen this many complaints from so many user names I don't recognize in quite a while. From that alone I can infer that the issue is fairly widespread.

If the majority of 5% of the users are experiencing a particular error, it's likely that remaining 95% is as well. It's the same idea as exit polls. You don't have to poll every single voter to get a large enough sample size to make a fairly accurate inference.

stainer
02-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Well that's not entirely true. While disgruntled players are more likely to post, I have seen a few posts where users posted successes; but I haven't seen this many complaints from so many user names I don't recognize in quite a while. From that alone I can infer that the issue is fairly widespread.

If the majority of 5% of the users are experiencing a particular error, it's likely that remaining 95% is as well. It's the same idea as exit polls. You don't have to poll every single voter to get a large enough sample size to make a fairly accurate inference.

I had a 100% success rate with the Collectors edition. I redeemed 1 and got all my stuff. Then I read the forums and saw there was an issue and haven't used any more.

Happy Customer.

Postumus
02-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I had a 100% success rate with the Collectors edition. I redeemed 1 and got all my stuff. Then I read the forums and saw there was an issue and haven't used any more.

Happy Customer.

So what? I had a 100% success rate with the cake... until I didn't.

Go redeem your tokens on the rest of your characters and then tell us what your success rate is and whether you are still Happy Customer.

(Do I really need to explain to you why a sample size of ONE is irrelevant?)

stainer
02-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Go redeem your tokens on the rest of your characters and else and tell us what your success rate is. Do I really need to explain to you why a sample size of ONE is irrelevant?

In the sample size of reading the forums and waiting for Turbine to give the all clear to use the cake, and Collector edition items, I am still 100%.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
In the sample size of reading the forums and waiting for Turbine to give the all clear to use the cake, and Collector edition items, I am still 100%.

Consider yourself lucky, 3/4 of my guild didn't and we are full

Postumus
02-29-2012, 02:27 PM

You'll have to do a lot better than that. :)

countfitz
02-29-2012, 02:35 PM
That's a better sample. So maybe it is widespread. Or maybe everyone in your guild has a common factor that is rare in the general public <shrug>

Not really... There's less than 20 people in the guild and only 6 bought the pre-order Monday and were online to use it.

So, yeah, 6 out of 6 is 100%. But in a REALLY small sample. I think it is important to realize that the 7/10 I'm quoting isn't people, but incidents specific people are talking about. I'm not speaking for the other poster that used that number, btw. What I mean by 7/10 is CHARACTERS when I say 7/10.

In my case it was 4/6 that didn't work. In most of the posts where people had issues, it was also around 70%. So that might be some confusion, which I'm adding to by using the same number. One could assume, though, that if the bug is random, and has nothing to do with the players, then 7/10 people could be accurate as well. I don't know if that is a fair assumption since Turbine hasn't told us (if they even know) what caused the bug.

Finally, yeah, your point about self selection is spot on. But the thread Cordovan asked us to put our information on was, last I checked, 25 pages long, almost all single posts with just the info he asked. That is a very large number of people. But like I said, we all know Turbine will never give us the actual answers.

Postumus
02-29-2012, 02:36 PM

Don't sweat it Death. He knows the deal. He's just bored and looking for someone to interact with. :)

stainer
02-29-2012, 02:38 PM

Luckily I was able to get a text message out to several of my guildies while I was at work.

Postumus
02-29-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't know if that is a fair assumption since Turbine hasn't told us (if they even know) what caused the bug.

MajMal posted that they have identified the culprit with the cake and it is something that one would have never expected. I wouldn't be surprised if it is something similar with the pre-order tokens.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 02:39 PM
19 hours and still no update.. good times.. great customer service.. keep up the good work!

Elsiah
02-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Please make sure that you are using the Turbine Point code (2nd code in the email that includes your expansion pre-order product key), and that you are applying that code in the DDO Store in-game. This can be done by opening the DDO Store, clicking "Add Points", then enter the code in the Redeem Code box. Thanks!

There is no code in my email for the turbine points. I've been trying to point this out for two days. Anyone got an answer here?

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
There is no code in my email for the turbine points. I've been trying to point this out for two days. Anyone got an answer here?

My email was in my junk folder

Elsiah
02-29-2012, 02:46 PM
My email was in my junk folder

No email in my junk folder. I got the main email, and used the product key. The only thing I don't have is the turbine points because there is no code for them in the email I got.

countfitz
02-29-2012, 02:46 PM
MajMal posted that they have identified the culprit with the cake and it is something that one would have never expected. I wouldn't be surprised if it is something similar with the pre-order tokens.

I'm sorry. I did in fact mean the pre-order bug. The one that I paid for. In all honesty, if I didn't get my free item, which was FREE, I really don't think I'd have cared as much. Okay, I'd have doom threaded about it. I'll be honest. But I really only care about the pre-order bug. And the TR bug. The cake bug is the least important issue and, you are right, the only one they've told us about.

I hope they're related and all can be fixed at once.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 02:48 PM
No email in my junk folder. I got the main email, and used the product key. The only thing I don't have is the turbine points because there is no code for them in the email I got.

I put in the code they gave me, got the tiger icons and my points with just the one code.. However when clicking on the panthers, and answering yes to get the loots... 7/8 of my toons got nothing. Still got points though didn't do anything special

stainer
02-29-2012, 02:49 PM

If you are talking the 2000 pts that come with the 79.99 version, they are automatically added in.

If you are talking about the additional option to buy 11000 pts, then you probably should contact support using the "game support" button above.

Elsiah
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm talking about the 2k points, and they didn't get added in. I give up. I've been at it for two days and no responses from anyone other than players. I'm not going to waste any more time on this, as the points weren't a huge reason I bought the expansion anyway. Just would have been nice to have the extra.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm talking about the 2k points, and they didn't get added in. I give up. I've been at it for two days and no responses from anyone other than players. I'm not going to waste any more time on this, as the points weren't a huge reason I bought the expansion anyway. Just would have been nice to have the extra.

We have not had an update for 20 hours.. the only thing you can do is cancel the order through your credit card, report it as fraud, and Turbine will ban your account. Or you can wait for a few weeks or months until they fix everything.

Cordovan
02-29-2012, 03:12 PM
We are continuing to work to implement fixes for these issues, and will have more information as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

I've also added this to our original post in the thread. Thanks.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 03:19 PM
We are continuing to work to implement fixes for these issues, and will have more information as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

I've also added this to our original post in the thread. Thanks.

Thank you for an update finally but you forgot to mention that everyone will get a cr20 Cube clicky (unlimited charges) because we are twiddling our thumbs with empty pockets and empty backpacks.

Talias006
02-29-2012, 03:25 PM

Had to snip some of this.

I had successfully activated the first ticket on my primary character on Orien and then got squat on my next character tried on same server.

Trying to put in a Support Ticket gets me nowhere as the system doesn't recognize the "Menace of the Underdark Pre-Purchase Ticket" as a valid item in any of the following:

lost
missing
inventory
other

Any advice for making my character who had not received his due bonuses to get them or be enabled to receive them later?

Thanks for the heads up, even if a bit late.
Won't bother with the tickets until this issue is resolved.

YUGWEN
02-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I noticed some people posted on here that may have been confused by the delivery and claim process and may not have had glitches for some of these issues.

"Didn't get cosmetic pets" I don't know anyone that successfully got their main redemption that did not get cosmetic pets as well. Some people didn't notice they had an overfull inventory or didn't see the clickies for the collars and pets though. Learning how to summon the pets on different characters takes some poking around or explanation. A new pet paw tab is on the character inventory sheet that allows you to access the cosmetic pets on any character once they have been initially summoned. you can also reneam your pets there, but be aware the pet is an account pet and not a character pet. they can only be reneamed once and it sticks for whoever summons it.

"Didn't get bonus/extra points" There is a claim key that needs to be added in the ddo store add points field to add the points. Check your order for the key, open the ddo store, and type/paste the key and hit enter. This is what I had to do to make the points show up in my account. I believe this is because it is a 3rd party "selling" the order and you need to fulfill it at the ddo store.

I have 14 or so glitched delievery characters and I purchased the big points bundle option too.

hope this helps.

Momsboys
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
I tested on multiple servers on diff toons and the ONLY place they work for me so far is on the bridge in the market closest to the harbor. I would recomend testing it on a diff server b4 you do it on your main. Just to make sure it works for you.

(EDIT) Also:

Dear Turbine/DDO devs,
Next time you go do something like this, test it on lama land first, k?
Sincerly,
Whoever else adgrees and momsboy.

wolfs
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
So, still no answer as to what those of us that ate the cake and got nothing are to do. I ate my cake on two toons with no problem. Then when I went to get a +2 Int tome for a thrid toon, nothing happened! Are we going to get a chance to get our cake back or what? If we aren't to put in a ticket, then how are you to know who needs the help and who doesn't?

HernandoCortez
02-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Got back to work in last couple of days so I didn't have the time to log in. Thought the issue would be fixed by now, and I'm surprised to see the hotfix didn't come up yet...

Oh well, guess its time to farm Dreaming Dark...

Th3ThirdFall3n
02-29-2012, 04:44 PM

12 pages on this thread so i only read through the first page and wasn't about to look through them all to try and find the answer to my question, which i didn't find on the first: If we do NOT need to submit a ticket to recieve assistance, how so then do we recieve assistance? o.O I traded in(or attempted to) 2 cakes(one on a toon in argonnessen, one on one of my main server toons in cannith) for 2 +2 int tomes, and in both cases was not rewarded for feeding the djin >_> So i'd like to know, do we pray and hope that we magically hear a voice inside our heads that will guide the way to our rewards? or is this the usual waiting game?

-Sincerely,
Proud Customer. (pfft :p)

Raynor_7
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for giving this so much attention. I recieved all of my pre-order things, but when I used my cake on my wizard,Haylern. I didn't get the +2 Con tome I wanted. Oddly enough, the Djinn appeared in the middle of a Xorian Cypher run, don't think that was on purpose, heh.

Raptoro
02-29-2012, 05:05 PM
So, still no answer as to what those of us that ate the cake and got nothing are to do. I ate my cake on two toons with no problem. Then when I went to get a +2 Int tome for a thrid toon, nothing happened! Are we going to get a chance to get our cake back or what? If we aren't to put in a ticket, then how are you to know who needs the help and who doesn't?

Actually they gave a very clear answer: "please stand by for further instructions." Clearly what you meant to say in your post was: "I expect everything to be perfect all the time and have no patience when they aren't." Now, stand by and wait for further instructions without all the whinning.

Chrasch
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Actually they gave a very clear answer: "please stand by for further instructions." Clearly what you meant to say in your post was: "I expect everything to be perfect all the time and have no patience when they aren't." Now, stand by and wait for further instructions without all the whinning.

*Claps hands* Thank you. All these people complaining are acting like it's going to help speed up the process. Heck one dude said he was gonna call the cops. That was hilarious. What are they going to do besides laugh at his ass? Police don't have any jurisdiction in Eberron. xD

hvygunner
02-29-2012, 05:30 PM
didnt get the memo on the cake till it was too late happy you guys are on top of thing ty

Victor_1
02-29-2012, 05:41 PM

/facepalm :( Silly me, I never thought about putting codes into DDO store.
All I tried was using code at myaccount as MotU code, will try it right away and see how it goes. Thank you.

sinawali
02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
so i claimed my preorder ticket before seeing all the hubbub on 2 toons one recieved everything, i think and the second did not get his tome of lesser learning standing by. i know you guys are busy. thanx for all the hard work

AgentTechno
02-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Recieved cake and ticket fine on all but one toon on Cannith server; on first, second, and third worked fine then on forth Radaker 17th lvl Artificer failed to recieve ticket items and cake failed. Worked on fifth toon and on other servers.

02-29-2012, 06:12 PM

I can agree with this too - I've played DDO for 2 to 3 years, and I never even registered for a forum account until I had problems. All those people who successfully got the collector items aren't posting here, that's my opinion.

Tolero
02-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Another update regarding cakes and pre-purchase items...

Tomorrow morning there will be a hotfix to correct the item delivery issues. This will allow players to resume activating their pre-purchase items and cakes. Please note: when the worlds come up, if you've already had item delivery issues, we'll be handling these after the hotfix has been applied. More info will be provided for players who already lost their items. Please continue to follow this thread for the latest information on pre-purchase items and cakes. Thanks for your patience everyone!

SamSneak
02-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Talked to my Djinni he ate my cake and didn't give me my tome.....

and I couldn't log a ticket (probably overloaded)

BDS
02-29-2012, 06:17 PM

Tomorrow morning there will be a hotfix to correct the item delivery issues. This will allow players to resume activating their pre-purchase items and cakes. Please note: when the worlds come up, if you've already had item delivery issues, we'll be handling these after the hotfix has been applied. More info will be provided for players who already lost their items. Please continue to follow this thread for the latest information on pre-purchase items and cakes. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Your sure this time? :p

Psiandron
02-29-2012, 06:18 PM

yea...

/dance

what? I want my stuff.

/dance :D:D:D:D:D

bloodyrag
02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
what about reincarnation will it get fixed tommorrow?

Tolero
02-29-2012, 06:20 PM
what about reincarnation will it get fixed tommorrow?

yes reincarnations will be coming back :)

We normally don't have release notes for hotfixes, but because this hotfix includes some complex issues (the pre purchase items, the reincarnation, video adjustments, etc) we're in the process of putting some together. They will not be ready in time for downtime though.

Cauthey
02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Please pass on my hearty thanks to the entire team for such a dedicated effort to get this major issues straightened out. :D

Chrasch
02-29-2012, 06:31 PM

Alright Tolero. Great job guys and thanks for the update. I know that you guys will pull through for us.

tmnitsch64
02-29-2012, 06:33 PM
I also had issues on 3 of my toons not getting my tomes and not getting my pre-order stuff. Esp. on my Drow Paladin. I didn't get my figurine of wonderous power. I hope they can clear this up I want my panther darn it. lol. eirther = either. lol sorry I can't spell at the moment.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Basically what it boils down too, if you paid 80 bucks and used your items and nothing happened.. like me... We are going to be waiting weeks and weeks. Half my friends will be triple tr's by then.. Thanks

lostkoss
02-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh Boy oh Boy, am I glad I decided to wait a few days before I rushed out to buy this collectors edition with all its goodies.

Sleep on it for a night or two, I said to myself.

Deathnights
02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh Boy oh Boy, am I glad I decided to wait a few days before I rushed out to buy this collectors edition with all its goodies.

Sleep on it for a night or two, I said to myself.

I wish i were as wise as you. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me seven times.. Shame on me.. empty pockets and seven toons with empty backpacks... Baby Jesus is crying.

teknophreaq
02-29-2012, 06:44 PM
I -really- hope that turbine has an easy way to tell who used the trinket and wasn't given their items. I figure there's gotta be some sort of flag on the character that can show whether or not the trinket was used, as there are dependent values that would be created for the next character to use their trinket (the 1st character bonuses vs 2nd char use).

not sure if that made sense when I was typing it but that's the best way I know how to put it.

I can tell you right now though, I certainly didn't pay $80 to get less than a 1/4 of the value that was promised me.