PDA

View Full Version : Purchase MotU outside USA

Feanor74
02-28-2012, 05:39 AM
I am a german player and I am thinking about buying one of the pre-order packages but am a bit confuesed.
I hope that one of the officials will help me with some clarification:

- On the official page I get the option to buy the collectors edition to buy for $ 79,99
- If I change currency in the purchase window, this is converted into 59.64 EUR (which is a fair conversion)
- On top I get the option to order the 11k TP package for 53.99 EUR

On the other hand, if I change the language of the official by clicking on the german flag symbol the price for the collectors edition changes to 69.99 EUR (which is not a fair conversion). And to top it even more I do not get the option for the 11K TP package.

So my question is:
As a german player can I just purchase the expansion on the US page for $79,99 for day-to-day conversion course and get the 11K TP package on top? Or will I get technical issues like this will not work no my account or something. Why should I pay more that 10 EUR more for the same buy just because I localized my window to german translation?

QuarterMasterM
02-28-2012, 08:45 AM
I am a german player and I am thinking about buying one of the pre-order packages but am a bit confuesed.
I hope that one of the officials will help me with some clarification:

- On the official page I get the option to buy the collectors edition to buy for $ 79,99
- If I change currency in the purchase window, this is converted into 59.64 EUR (which is a fair conversion)
- On top I get the option to order the 11k TP package for 53.99 EUR

On the other hand, if I change the language of the official by clicking on the german flag symbol the price for the collectors edition changes to 69.99 EUR (which is not a fair conversion). And to top it even more I do not get the option for the 11K TP package.

So my question is:
As a german player can I just purchase the expansion on the US page for $79,99 for day-to-day conversion course and get the 11K TP package on top? Or will I get technical issues like this will not work no my account or something. Why should I pay more that 10 EUR more for the same buy just because I localized my window to german translation?

Hi Feanor,

The price you are seeing on the US page does not include VAT which you will still be charged. The German page has it built in properly.

As for not seeing the 11k TP package, that is a technical issue we are working on. What you can do though is purchase on the German page, and then contact customer support who will assist you with purchasing the TP at the discounted rate.

Teharahma
02-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Feanor,

The price you are seeing on the US page does not include VAT which you will still be charged. The German page has it built in properly.

As for not seeing the 11k TP package, that is a technical issue we are working on. What you can do though is purchase on the German page, and then contact customer support who will assist you with purchasing the TP at the discounted rate.

How about a the possibility of paying with iDeal ?

Feanor74
02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Feanor,

Tnx for the quick response.

bigolbear
02-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi Feanor,

Dont mean to cause concern here but I bought the update, im in england and my reciept shows 0 VAT. I did wonder about that at the time, but hey i filled in the bits saying i was in england, and you still charged me in us dollars - just like the ddo store used to.

So any ways if my receipt shows I payed 0 vat, and my confirmation of purchase shows I payed 0 vat - im hoping my credit card bill will too.

donblas
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I was surprised that I had to choose Great Britain as my country. Great Britain is NOT a country. Great Britain is an island. The country is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or UK for short. Alternatively I live in England if you consider that a country.

Lots of people over here don't even know the name of the country.

Phemt81
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
hi feanor,
the price you are seeing on the us page does not include vat which you will still be charged. The german page has it built in properly.

i bought the update, im in england and my reciept shows 0 vat. I did wonder about that at the time, but hey i filled in the bits saying i was in england, and you still charged me in us dollars

L-o-l ! :D

i was surprised that i had to choose great britain as my country. Great britain is not a country. Great britain is an island. The country is the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland or uk for short. Alternatively i live in england if you consider that a country.

Lots of people over here don't even know the name of the country.

Lmao!!!! :D

Koowluh
02-29-2012, 07:26 AM
How about a the possibility of paying with iDeal ?

I wish that was possible too, but there is no third party set up that supports this option (unlike the even more payment options in the store). I have both a Paypal and Clickandbuy account though, so I'm not too worried.

Koowluh
03-01-2012, 03:07 AM
I would just like to point out that ClickandBuy has an option of transferring funds over through iDeal. So you may want to look into getting a ClickandBuy account if you wish to use iDeal to make the pre-order transaction.