PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation: 1 Free Tome per character forever

Djeserit
02-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I just wanted to get a confirmation or clarification about the Collector's Edition bundle.

I'm looking at the "bundles detail page".

Regarding the Collector's Edition, at the top of the page it says:

•Greater Tome of Learning
•Lesser Tome of Learning

Like you would get one of each.

Lower down in the comparison chart is says:

Lesser Tome of Learning
1 Free Tome per character forever

Like you would get a whole bunch.

Which is it?

Lorichie
02-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Iirc,

the lesser tomes are one for each character present at the time of purchase of expansion, and every character you make from now until eternity starts off with one in their inventory for you to use.

r

QuarterMasterM
02-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Iirc,

the lesser tomes are one for each character present at the time of purchase of expansion, and every character you make from now until eternity starts off with one in their inventory for you to use.

r

This is correct.

merentha
02-28-2012, 09:48 AM
This is correct.

So, here is a thought. Someone new to DDO may run into this (or someone starting on another server could I guess).

If you delete and recreate a character. Do they (regardless of being the first guy) get the Lesser Tome? Or if you deleted the first one will he again receive the Greater?

QuarterMasterM
02-28-2012, 09:58 AM
So, here is a thought. Someone new to DDO may run into this (or someone starting on another server could I guess).

If you delete and recreate a character. Do they (regardless of being the first guy) get the Lesser Tome? Or if you deleted the first one will he again receive the Greater?

They'll get a Lesser Tome. The Greater is once per world, and "recreating" isn't something sponsored by the system. :) For all intents and purposes, it is making a new character.

The recreating option that does exist is Reincarnation, and Greater Tomes will persist through Reincarnation so that would be the way to ensure it is kept.

patang01
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
They'll get a Lesser Tome. The Greater is once per world, and "recreating" isn't something sponsored by the system. :) For all intents and purposes, it is making a new character.

The recreating option that does exist is Reincarnation, and Greater Tomes will persist through Reincarnation so that would be the way to ensure it is kept.

Plus upgrading the lesser to greater is only 600 TP (great option!).

In other words all your current and newly created chars can have a great tome for the third of the cost compared to buying it outright.

There's definately a value in the collector's edition.

Asketes
02-28-2012, 11:52 AM

Hey QM! I was looking forward to this pack and possibly coming back with a vengeance.

With what you just said, I want to clarify just b/c you've got me really excited.

Will ALL of those learning tomes persist through ALL types of Reincarnation?
Lesser/Greater Tome with either lesser/Greater/True Reincarnation, through multiple TRs?

-Zephyr-
02-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey QM! I was looking forward to this pack and possibly coming back with a vengeance.

With what you just said, I want to clarify just b/c you've got me really excited.

Lesser/Greater Tome with either lesser/Greater/True Reincarnation, through multiple TRs?

Yes Perma.
Ability tomes remain through TRs as well now, did you miss the memo ?

Now get back in game !

Thebeest
02-28-2012, 12:22 PM
im not QM, but yes, they are meant to last thru lives

QuarterMasterM
02-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Plus upgrading the lesser to greater is only 600 TP (great option!).

In other words all your current and newly created chars can have a great tome for the third of the cost compared to buying it outright.

There's definately a value in the collector's edition.

Yes, we wanted to make sure that anyone could upgrade their tomes by simply paying the difference between the Lessers and the Greaters. Glad you like it!

Everyone has already answered for me, but just so there's an "Official" response, yes, all of tomes of learning (and in fact all Ability Tomes) persist through all types of Reincarnation, including True.

Asketes
02-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Yes Perma.
Ability tomes remain through TRs as well now, did you miss the memo ?

Now get back in game !

haha I just heard about the Expansion from an email the other day. I only learned about the tome coolness from this thread while at work, didn't want to spend too much time away from what I get paid to do lest I become an unpaid DDO player again! lol

I'll be back in game sometime in March, for a while I was on a Linux only machine -.- I'm almost finished setting up the dual boot (I lost my Windows install disc).

patang01
02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
haha I just heard about the Expansion from an email the other day. I only learned about the tome coolness from this thread while at work, didn't want to spend too much time away from what I get paid to do lest I become an unpaid DDO player again! lol

I'll be back in game sometime in March, for a while I was on a Linux only machine -.- I'm almost finished setting up the dual boot (I lost my Windows install disc).

Let me put it like this

I ran Coal Chamber on hard with no pot or shrine but did have the hard streak, the greater tome of learning and I got all the stuff like conquest, disabling traps etc (which isn't all that hard) and with VOM and all that I got 30k. This would normally be a 20k run. And that is with one guy that died (lost that 10 percent).

I ran Elite Sacrifice, died once so I didn't have a pot, shrine and the 10 percent - still got 32k.

Running with Devils on hard - 27k.

Lets just put it like this; if you are TRing this is truly going to cut down on the grind and it might even be possible to run as much as possible with a hard streak and still get gobs of XP and cut down on normal runs.

I love to play DDO - but I hate the XP grind and Turbine truly gave us a tool to do so without ripping us off in the process.

Asketes
02-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Let me put it like this

I ran Coal Chamber on hard with no pot or shrine but did have the hard streak, the greater tome of learning and I got all the stuff like conquest, disabling traps etc (which isn't all that hard) and with VOM and all that I got 30k. This would normally be a 20k run. And that is with one guy that died (lost that 10 percent).

I ran Elite Sacrifice, died once so I didn't have a pot, shrine and the 10 percent - still got 32k.

Running with Devils on hard - 27k.

Lets just put it like this; if you are TRing this is truly going to cut down on the grind and it might even be possible to run as much as possible with a hard streak and still get gobs of XP and cut down on normal runs.

I love to play DDO - but I hate the XP grind and Turbine truly gave us a tool to do so without ripping us off in the process.

Very nice, I pretty much only run my TRs.

Hmm has there been any threads about XP requirements for 20-25 for double TRs? Like a mentioned previously, I've been away and finding a thread or two on it might be a little tough. Is it in the wiki yet?

stainer
02-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Question -

If you read the lesser tome, say on a first life, and then later decide to upgrade to a greater, maybe on your second life, is it still 600 tp for the upgrade?

Jaid314
02-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Very nice, I pretty much only run my TRs.

Hmm has there been any threads about XP requirements for 20-25 for double TRs? Like a mentioned previously, I've been away and finding a thread or two on it might be a little tough. Is it in the wiki yet?

you only need to be level 20 for TRing. 20-25 will a different exp system from what i've heard, and will not be needed if all you want is to TR.

Question -

If you read the lesser tome, say on a first life, and then later decide to upgrade to a greater, maybe on your second life, is it still 600 tp for the upgrade?

the upgrade merely requires that you have the effect of a lesser tome on you. haven't tested it specifically, but it should work.

THAC0
02-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Hope this helps....

Source = http://www.ddo.com/ddostoreupdate13

UPDATE TO TOME FUNCTIONALITY: All Tomes will now persist through True Reincarnation Increase your character’s stats or apply a Tome Of Learning, use a True Druidic Heart of Wood to Learning, use a True Druidic Heart of Wood to undergo True Reincarnation at Level 20, and watch those boosted stats or XP bonuses roll over to your new character.

NEW XP TOMES: Receive a permanent XP boost on your character up to level 20! Persists through True Reincarnation and stacks with all other XP boosts- Greater Tomes of Learning give a 50% bonus XP the first time you complete a quest, and a 20% bonus XP every time after- Lesser Tomes of Learning give a 25% bonus XP the first time you complete a quest, and a 10% bonus XP every time after Want to upgrade your Lesser Tome to a Greater Tome? Use a Tome of Learning Upgrade to enhance your Lesser Tome of Learning.

VETERAN STATUS CHARACTERS: (Level 7) Begin a new character at Level 7 instead of Leve 1 to speed up your journey to the Forgotten Realms.

NEW ACCESSORIES: A new assortment of magical rings, necklaces, cloaks and boots for your DDO character
- Boots of Striding and Springing give bonuses to run speed and jumping ability
-Cloaks of Resistance aid in the defense of magic attacks and traps
- Necklaces of Protection aid in the defense of physical attacks
- Rings of Fortification protect against some critical hits and sneak attacks.

NEW SPELL COMPONENTS: Replace all standard or special material spel components with Omnispell Dust and Stone! Carry less, destroy more
-Omnispell Dust: Used for any magic spell that requires standard spell components
-Omnispell Stone: Used as a special, non- standard spell component for spells like Stoneskin or Death Pact.

...And more too!

Asketes
02-28-2012, 02:20 PM
you only need to be level 20 for TRing. 20-25 will a different exp system from what i've heard, and will not be needed if all you want is to TR.

Very cool, thanks for catching me up. I'm behind the times :(

Asketes
02-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Hope this helps....

Source = http://www.ddo.com/ddostoreupdate13

....stuff....

Awesome! Thank you :) +1

MultiFaceted
02-28-2012, 02:22 PM
The Greater is once per world...

Rather than starting a new thread, and this one has QuarterMasterM's attention...:) My weak search-foo hasn't turned up any answers to this question/situation:

Question #1:
If I purchase the collectors edition, and some months afterwards I start a new character or two on a "world"/server that I have never been on before - will one character be able to get the greater tome for free? Or will they all just get lessers?

In other words - I'm VIP and looking at purchasing the collectors edition. Should I look at creating a character on all "worlds" to receive the greater tome option for free, or is it ok to wait until I get the Veteran7 from the collectors pack and when/if I create a new character they can get the greater tome? Which leads on to...

Question #2 (a mechanics clarification required):
After purchasing the collectors edition, I presume some "token" appears in the inventory of all existing and new characters for the tome.Will the first use of this tome-token on a given "world" grant a greater, and subsequent uses grant a lesser?
(if this is true, it makes the answer to the first question obvious...)

Thanks in advance!

Asketes
02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Rather than starting a new thread, and this one has QuarterMasterM's attention...:) My weak search-foo hasn't turned up any answers to this question/situation:

After purchasing the collectors edition, I presume some "token" appears in the inventory of all existing and new characters for the tome.Will the first use of this tome-token on a given "world" grant a greater, and subsequent uses grant a lesser?

Thanks in advance!

As I understand it, all characters on each world will get the first 'Ticket'. The first one to use it will get the greater tome and all other characters (future & present) will get a lesser tome.

MultiFaceted
02-28-2012, 03:03 PM
As I understand it, all characters on each world will get the first 'Ticket'. The first one to use it will get the greater tome and all other characters (future & present) will get a lesser tome.

Thanks, that's what I'm guessing will happen. Just wanted confirmation from a Dev or someone that has actually done it :D at 600TP per upgrade across each other server it may be a saving should I ever utilise it... not a biggie, but ideally want confirmation before I bite-the-bullet and purchase...

Asketes
02-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks, that's what I'm guessing will happen. Just wanted confirmation from a Dev or someone that has actually done it :D at 600TP per upgrade across each other server it may be a saving should I ever utilise it... not a biggie, but ideally want confirmation before I bite-the-bullet and purchase...

good point! :)

QuarterMasterM
02-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Question #1:
If I purchase the collectors edition, and some months afterwards I start a new character or two on a "world"/server that I have never been on before - will one character be able to get the greater tome for free? Or will they all just get lessers?

In other words - I'm VIP and looking at purchasing the collectors edition. Should I look at creating a character on all "worlds" to receive the greater tome option for free, or is it ok to wait until I get the Veteran7 from the collectors pack and when/if I create a new character they can get the greater tome? Which leads on to...

Thanks in advance!

I'll answer #2 first.

The first use of the token per server will grant that character a greater tome. All subsequent uses will grant a lesser.

Which answers your first question too. :)

Cauthey
02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
QuarterMasterM: Thank you for hanging out on the forums today and providing some key clarification for the community! :D

QuarterMasterM
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
QuarterMasterM: Thank you for hanging out on the forums today and providing some key clarification for the community! :D

You can thank me with more MotU purchases!

I also accept Chipotle gift cards.

Words are fine too, I guess.

Glad to help as long as the question is in my domain (Store Feedback Forum). Otherwise I have to fight Tolero and run the risk of not getting cookies next time she brings them in.

stainer
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM

Glad to help as long as the question is in my domain (Store Feedback Forum). Otherwise I have to fight Tolero and run the risk of not getting cookies next time she brings them in.

You could help us by advocating that store bags be made BtA. I know you can do it.

You are our only hope.

Rumbaar
02-28-2012, 05:03 PM
You could help us by advocating that store bags be made BtA. I know you can do it.This! You know they used to be BtA!

MultiFaceted
02-28-2012, 05:57 PM

And a big thanks from me too - I am definitely doing the first and third suggestion - but my budget will be blown with the MotU purchase and TP deal so that'll have to do! :D

Mmmm... cookies... and Xoriat jelly cakes???

LrdSlvrhnd
02-28-2012, 06:53 PM
You could help us by advocating that store bags be made BtA. I know you can do it.

You are our only hope.

I promise to use some of the 13K TP I'll get when I scrape up $140 on bags if they're BTA...

parvo
02-28-2012, 10:37 PM

Silly QuarterMasterM...surely you have heard of Tipto Goadytoes XXXII

Fomori
02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey QM...

Is the Greater Tome bound to character or account?

I ask because when I get the CE pre-order, am I screwed if I use my first token on the wrong character? There might also be a case where I want to save it for a character to be made later but want the rest of the benefits now?

Jaid314
02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Hey QM...

Is the Greater Tome bound to character or account?

I ask because when I get the CE pre-order, am I screwed if I use my first token on the wrong character? There might also be a case where I want to save it for a character to be made later but want the rest of the benefits now?

that's in the FAQ. it is bound to character, so make sure you use it on the right one.

bilbojr
03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Quick question... and sorry to beat a dead horse if I am...

If I purchase the base package, it includes the same lesser tome of learning as the collectors edition, correct?

Meaning, every character from here forward will receive a lesser tome?

Just not sure if I need to get the mac-daddy package or if there are different 'lesser lesser' tomes :|

Wanting to make sure because I play at least 2 characters and this lesser tome is worth more to me than picking one character to have the greater. Basically worth 3000tp for three characters versus the 1600 for one greater.

Thank you for your responses,

bilbo

Impaqt
03-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Quick question... and sorry to beat a dead horse if I am...

If I purchase the base package, it includes the same lesser tome of learning as the collectors edition, correct?

Meaning, every character from here forward will receive a lesser tome?

Just not sure if I need to get the mac-daddy package or if there are different 'lesser lesser' tomes :|

Wanting to make sure because I play at least 2 characters and this lesser tome is worth more to me than picking one character to have the greater. Basically worth 3000tp for three characters versus the 1600 for one greater.

Thank you for your responses,

bilbo

no. Only the CE includes the

Lesser Tome of Learning
(1 free tome per character forever)

the others include just a singular tome.

bilbojr
03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
no. Only the CE includes the

Lesser Tome of Learning
(1 free tome per character forever)

the others include just a singular tome.

boy am i glad i asked...