PDA

View Full Version : divine vengence...

bloodnose13
02-25-2012, 07:03 AM
divine vengence sword just needs some unique model, that weapon is based on something completely unique by dnd standards, and in ddo..... it looks like another timeblade, OH look a holy timeblade NIIIICE! well here is the truth its not nice. it should have look fitting the weapon. even if it was to look same as the sword tesyus, it would be still better than just another timeblade.

adm5893
03-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I second that remark:D

Brennie
03-16-2012, 12:26 AM
I have a suggestion for how to make Divine Vengeance have a cool new look: allow this weapon be able to be turned/morphed into different base weapons.

It may be an unrealistic suggestion, but in truth many of us Paladins don't use longswords. Drow paladins focus on shortswords and Rapiers, Dwarf Paladins (Do these exist) are pretty devoted to axes, and paladins who have burnt one of their precious few feats on Kopeshes feel the sting of conflict when they need to choose a special paladin weapon or the one they built for.

It really stinks to have the only iconic, paladin specific weapon in the game invalidate or be incompatible with so many different build choices. Especially when those build choices are fairly commonplace, and not just crazy experimental niche builds.

So maybe a stone of change ritual - Divine Vengeance + clessed cold iron weapon blank (The Holy Sword spell component) + optional dragonshards or other miscellaneous cost = Divine Vengence in a new base weapon type?

Ravoc-DDO
03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Also add silver & byeshk to it at least. Right now it's often worse than a cast holy sword.

wax_on_wax_off
03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I recently TR'd a Drow Paladin. When I hit cap I swapped IC:P for IC:S and used dual metallic edges slotted epic brigands cutlasses for devil raids/lawful foes and dual divine vengeances for chaotic evil foes, it was a pretty good combo and I really enjoyed the blinding on critical effects, first time I'd had a radiance weapon.

The extra AP from not getting racial weapon enhancements let me max out my pally AC aura so I was a valuable edition to many guild and channel raids.

Ralmeth
03-16-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm really happy with Divine Vengeance as is. It works very well in the new quests, and as for the look I suppose I haven't seen anyone run around with a Timeblade so I'm okay with the look as is, though I wouldn't be opposed to it being changed.

Ravoc-DDO
03-17-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm really happy with Divine Vengeance as is. It works very well in the new quests, and as for the look I suppose I haven't seen anyone run around with a Timeblade so I'm okay with the look as is, though I wouldn't be opposed to it being changed.

It's a Fisher-Price sword. No realistic sword will even remotely look like it.

DanteEnFuego
03-17-2012, 07:14 AM

I couldn't find an image of it. Is it as bad as the Sword of Truth?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpyccwrT1O1qa66pm.png

Alrik_Fassbauer
03-17-2012, 11:03 AM

Yes, but DDO takes place in a Fantasy-World ...