PDA

View Full Version : Right greensteel weapon for assasin rouge

blackdrowarcanenuts
02-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Kinda confused with greensteel weapon for my assasin rouge some says radiance 2 is good gives sneak damage but when mob gets blinded it still attacks and high content mobs are immune to fire, friends suggested lit2, some said dust 2 while few suggested earth grab.

i have all the resources to make them till tier 3 but dont wana waste them so what will be the best gs weapon before i get my epic midnight greetings whether radiance, lit 2, dust2, or earth grab inputs please thanks

TheDearLeader
02-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Oschkosch uses Radiance II main hand, eMG off-hand.

If you're worried about some form of CC, off-hand a Paralyzer. I'd suggest the Elemental Khopesh of Water, since it has both Improved Paralyzing and Freezing Ice.

It would help if we actually knew your Assassin's weapon of choice - after all, I'm recommending a Khopesh, and for all I know he's piercing-specced.

Also... R.O.G.U.E. :)

CheeseMilk
02-18-2012, 01:40 PM
I use Rad II / Earth II picks on my ranger/rogue.

Makes for some great burst damage on trash.

blackdrowarcanenuts
02-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Oschkosch uses Radiance II main hand, eMG off-hand.

If you're worried about some form of CC, off-hand a Paralyzer. I'd suggest the Elemental Khopesh of Water, since it has both Improved Paralyzing and Freezing Ice.

It would help if we actually knew your Assassin's weapon of choice - after all, I'm recommending a Khopesh, and for all I know he's piercing-specced.

Also... R.O.G.U.E. :)

Thanks for quick reply am int/dex based rouge assassin using greensteel rapiers blank

Hobgoblin
02-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks for quick reply am int/dex based rouge assassin using greensteel rapiers blank

to clarify tdls point, the class is called rogue. not rouge. rogue is a stealthy bad ass killer. rouge is make up. which would you rather be known as?

hob

TheDearLeader
02-18-2012, 01:47 PM

Still... Rogue.

That aside, perhaps two of the Tier III Epic Elemental Rapiers of Air (http://ddowiki.com/page/Elemental_Rapier_of_Air), Slotted with Good, would tickle your Fancy. DC 35 Reflex save on every Crit or be Blinded. Not as good as Radiance (since it has a save), but DC 35 Reflex isn't too shabby. Higher to-hit (+6 instead of +5), and the Electric/Sonic damage is more likely to work against the bosses you'll tend to experience at endgame. Note : This is only if you slot both with Good. Too many mobs have simple DR/Good, and the Holy or Good Burst component of a Rad II is powerful in this regard.

If you plan on TRing this character multiple times, I'd still advise at least a Rad II for leveling purposes.

blackdrowarcanenuts
02-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Still... Rogue.

That aside, perhaps two of the Tier III Epic Elemental Rapiers of Air (http://ddowiki.com/page/Elemental_Rapier_of_Air), Slotted with Good, would tickle your Fancy. DC 35 Reflex save on every Crit or be Blinded. Not as good as Radiance (since it has a save), but DC 35 Reflex isn't too shabby. Higher to-hit (+6 instead of +5), and the Electric/Sonic damage is more likely to work against the bosses you'll tend to experience at endgame. Note : This is only if you slot both with Good. Too many mobs have simple DR/Good, and the Holy or Good Burst component of a Rad II is powerful in this regard.

If you plan on TRing this character multiple times, I'd still advise at least a Rad II for leveling purposes.

Yeah i wana tr it so radiance in main and lit2 in off or both radiance? Really appreciate your help:)

TheDearLeader
02-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah i wana tr it so radiance in main and lit2 in off or both radiance? Really appreciate your help:)

My TR life, I used Rad II and Lit II - depending on the situation, I switched them between main hand and off hand. I found this to be fairly effective. However, now that I'm capped, I literally never use my Lit II anymore - so that's kind of an expensive TR toy.

If I had to make a recommendation that would (likely) be cheaper, I would go with a lower level version of the Elemental Rapier of Air, Specifically:

Level 12 (Tier 3) +4 Enhancement Bonus, Shocking Burst, Screaming, Roaring, Lightning Resistance, Craftable (+3)

Add Holy + Bleed to that Craftable +3, and that is, in my opinion, a pretty good compliment to a Rad II rapier. Rad II in one hand, Rapier of Air in the other...yeah, wouldn't be bad at all. And again, a much cheaper route than Lit II.

blackdrowarcanenuts
02-18-2012, 02:44 PM
My TR life, I used Rad II and Lit II - depending on the situation, I switched them between main hand and off hand. I found this to be fairly effective. However, now that I'm capped, I literally never use my Lit II anymore - so that's kind of an expensive TR toy.

If I had to make a recommendation that would (likely) be cheaper, I would go with a lower level version of the Elemental Rapier of Air, Specifically:

Level 12 (Tier 3) +4 Enhancement Bonus, Shocking Burst, Screaming, Roaring, Lightning Resistance, Craftable (+3)

Add Holy + Bleed to that Craftable +3, and that is, in my opinion, a pretty good compliment to a Rad II rapier. Rad II in one hand, Rapier of Air in the other...yeah, wouldn't be bad at all. And again, a much cheaper route than Lit II.

Thanks you thanks you very very much ya brought me out of the confusion appreciated:)