PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I know that I'm crazy, but ...

Alrik_Fassbauer
02-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I often wondered :

Why is The Shroud not in The Shrouded Vale ?

As a Newbie (or Noob, respectively ;) ) I believed for a long time that both are the same.

I needed quite a long time to find out, especially since The Shroud takes place in a Vale, too.

And : Isn't a shrouded vale a vale with implies/contains twilight, too ?

Since I found had found out The Shroud and The Shrouded Vale are not the same, I seriously wondered why the community has developed and kept the name "The Shroud" ?

Was it meant to be a "noob test" ? ("Let me see if he/she is able to tell both apart ...")

My suggestion therefore is, to rename The Shrouded Vale completely. So that both cannot be mixed anymore.

Alrik

Talias006
02-18-2012, 06:10 PM
The Shroud is named because the plane of Shavarath and its' legions of Devils had cast a shroud over the Vale of Twilight.
And it is up to the heroes to cleanse this climactic area of more direct confrontation.

When we use the altars, we are effectually bringing the Vale back into sync with Lamannia, the plane it should be aligned to.

For a more extensive background on it, I would pick up some of the source material for Eberron, even second-hand from eBay.

For a lesson in how cool Eberron as a whole really can be, I would point you to the Thorn of Breland novels by Keith Baker and the Draconic Prophecy novels by James Wyatt.

Alrik_Fassbauer
02-19-2012, 04:42 AM
Thanks.

I knew D&D only from other games, and that almost only used the "forgotten Realms" setting.

I still believe that Newbies might be confused by both names, though.

Antheal
02-19-2012, 05:04 AM
I know I was when I first started playing.

Now I always just refer to it as "The 13th Eclipse" and if people don't know what quest I'm talking about, I laugh at them and call them noobs. ;)

Alrik_Fassbauer
02-19-2012, 05:38 AM
:D:p:rolleyes: