PDA

View Full Version : Hireling Suggestions

Metaljaw
02-17-2012, 11:34 PM
1) Until hirelings can reasonably take care of themselves and react with any sort of speed please remove the 5% death xp penalty to them. The AI is more than often the reason for their deaths. Like telling them to come to me but them repeatedly running through a trap or standing in one until they are dead. Or just not healing as they run into unprovoked combat.

2) Redo the hirelings so they are not the weakest toons ever made in the entire game. HP needs to seriously be looked at for the hirelings, especially the melee classes.

mobrien316
02-18-2012, 06:00 AM
1) Until hirelings can reasonably take care of themselves and react with any sort of speed please remove the 5% death xp penalty to them. The AI is more than often the reason for their deaths. Like telling them to come to me but them repeatedly running through a trap or standing in one until they are dead. Or just not healing as they run into unprovoked combat.

2) Redo the hirelings so they are not the weakest toons ever made in the entire game. HP needs to seriously be looked at for the hirelings, especially the melee classes.

I would like to add that rogue hirelings should be able to find and disarm traps on at-level elite quests. Currently, they often have a hard time (if they can do it at all) on elite quests two levels below their character level.

If you are trying to solo a fighter (for example) through any trap-heavy quest on elite, even when the base level of the quest is two levels below your character level, it is tremendously frustrating when you spend TP on a rogue hireling only to discover he can't find all the traps, and the ones he does find he will usually either fail to disarm or blow up.

GoRinNoSho
02-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Frankly I'd like to see Wyoh (the Thorsty one and up) and upper tier clrs become a 52 point characters or scale. Their AI will normalize them. ;) It is sad to see a clr incapacitated by a symbol of weakness.

Additionally, auto quicken or give them more concentration than a hummingbird on crack.

Lastly, I'd like to see a default set of clr buffs just stick to them based on what a clr would typically cast for self buff.

drathdragon
02-18-2012, 06:09 AM
my eternal question is:

''why my hireling continues to die going trough fire/sonic/blades ecc.. meanwhile i try to disable the trap'' ?

-_-

Tertriary
02-18-2012, 07:48 AM
We got your prize that you've been waiting for, waiting for months!

Hireling Trap Reflexes

Grants you a +20 bonus on your Reflex saves vs. Traps because you are too dumb to move out of the way.

bloodnose13
02-19-2012, 08:46 AM
hireling ai needs work and thats fact but also some more commands for them would be usefull

for example follow range setting, rules of attack (is hireling allowed to chase enemy or not for example), hirelings hp lvl that triggers his self healing...

also hirelings should gain some metamagics, healer hirelings too easy fail their concentration check, what often leads to deaths (hirelings or its owner, or both),
automatic use of diplomacy by caster hirelings to lose enemy attention. automatic use of intimidate by melee hirelings (with on/off toggle).

probably there is more that could be added but thats about as much as comes to my mind atm.