PDA

View Full Version : I can't afford $60, so going to wait until you have bonus' on lower packages

My2Cents
02-15-2012, 06:21 PM
I can't afford $60.00 ~147 points/$
And the next lower bundle is #35 ~90 points/$

Please offer extra points for lower bundles too!

Is DDO only catering to the most well heeled in an effort to get us to pay more bucks? Well several of us are on limited incomes and simply can't afford it. I would really feel better about the DDO store if in addition to grabbing extra disposable income from those who have it, the limited income crowd was catered to, too. We're very loyal you know! We'll be here long after the well heeled gooff to pay $150 for the latest dazzling "competition"....

Rumbaar
02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
It is the best deal Turbine has had for purchases. Even the old 6900 @ $49.99 is beaten by this deal.

DDO is now P2W so of course they'll be pushing the biggest sales. Which I wonder why they never push the 23,000 @ $199.99 deal available on there almost impossible to find online store.

BruceTheHoon
02-18-2012, 04:40 AM
DDO is now P2W so of course they'll be pushing the biggest sales.

Yes... p2w. It's hard to deny that, since you have to pay for the content to win it.

@OP
I'm also waiting. I have the money, but am reluctant to purchase more points than I would know how to spend.

Auran82
02-18-2012, 05:40 AM
I also have money here burning a hole in my pocket, but I am trying to find out if the 'Tomes of Learning' in the DDO store on Lammania are coming out with U13 or at a later time closer to the expansion.

I have more than enough points at the moment, but if those tomes are coming soon I would be willing to buy a chunk more, it seems difficult to get anyone to give an answer on them though :(

Postumus
02-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Yes... p2w. It's hard to deny that, since you have to pay for the content to win it.

Wait... I can WIN this game? How do I do that again? Just completionist? Or is there something else I have to do?

@OP, I am sorry you don't have the $60 (not joking). Maybe you can borrow from someone or go in on it with someone else b/c it really is a great deal.

MRMechMan
02-18-2012, 07:55 AM
You buy in bulk, you get a discount.

This type of deal has been around for thousands of years.

BruceTheHoon
02-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Wait... I can WIN this game? How do I do that again? Just completionist? Or is there something else I have to do?

I'm assuming that it means completing the content on the highest difficulty. Or perhaps just completing it. Otherwise, I'm just as clueless as You are.

Alrik_Fassbauer
02-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I'd rather call it G2W.

Rumbaar
02-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Yes... p2w. It's hard to deny that, since you have to pay for the content to win it.No, you're wrong in that area. You can technically not pay a single cent to Turbine to play DDO, and access all it's content.

But that is a lot of grind.

My point, and I'm sure you know my point, is that +3 tomes and items only available on the DDO store [or better from store] are P2W!

~Quilny
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
I can't afford $60.00 ~147 points/$
And the next lower bundle is #35 ~90 points/$

Please offer extra points for lower bundles too!

Is DDO only catering to the most well heeled in an effort to get us to pay more bucks? Well several of us are on limited incomes and simply can't afford it. I would really feel better about the DDO store if in addition to grabbing extra disposable income from those who have it, the limited income crowd was catered to, too. We're very loyal you know! We'll be here long after the well heeled gooff to pay $150 for the latest dazzling "competition"....

OMG really someone is complaining abotu this? THis is the ONLY good F2P MMos out there that has access to ALL content. You cna do quets get favor buy pack get more favor tr get more favor but cool stuff. You can play Completely FREE!!!
My gripe is Pay to play people don't get more out of beign Pay to Play.
Its not play to win maybe you could look at it pay to get stuff done quicker.

I cannot stop laughing right now because its so funny that someoen would gripe about ddo tryign to make money. If it was compeltely free i would donate money to this game thats how much I love it.

Aurora1979
02-19-2012, 05:55 PM
hmm, I see a trend here...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=362214

And op, If you cant afford the biggest points bundle then you buy the bundle you can afford.

If ford have a sale on their top of the range model and I cant afford it I dont get to request that offer at whim.

The offer is where it is, if you cant afford it your not missing out. You will still get the same points for your $30 you were going to get anyway.

SirAggravator
02-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Sorry this probably won't help much but if your thinking more long term you could spend $99.99 and get a years sub (+6000 TP) currently on offer :)

Failedlegend
02-21-2012, 06:53 AM
My main problem with the sale is I forgot to buy it and its over now lol...so yeah awesome sale turbine and damn my forgetfulness lol

Koowluh
02-21-2012, 07:27 AM
My main problem with the sale is I forgot to buy it and its over now lol...so yeah awesome sale turbine and damn my forgetfulness lol

No worries, they hold these regularly, especially before important updates. I haven't bought it either, because there's nothing known about pricing and purchasing options on the upcoming expansion. If that was known, I would have happily bought this pack (again).

Auran82
02-22-2012, 10:38 PM
No worries, they hold these regularly, especially before important updates. I haven't bought it either, because there's nothing known about pricing and purchasing options on the upcoming expansion. If that was known, I would have happily bought this pack (again).

Same with the tomes of learning, if we had heard more about when they were definately coming out, I would have bought a pack.