PDA

View Full Version : Gear that lvl's with the the toon.

Tomalon
02-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Crappy title, i know, but it gets the point across.:rolleyes:

OK hear me out on this and tell me what you think.

Right now there are multiple lvls of all the challenge weapons and armors. And event items for that matter.

What if, once you upgrade an item/weapon, to it fullest, it gains a property that allows it to revert back to a lower lvl item if/when and only if you TR. My thought behind this is simply. How many of us have 5 different versions of the same weapon/armor but just at different lvls. Takes up a lot of bank space. If we could just have the one item that reverted back to a lower lvl when we TR'd and then it lvl'd up with us.....that would save so much space and time IMO. The lvl up process would follow the current lvl steps that the weapons/armor/items alrdy have in place. 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 iirc. Sry not in game right now to verify the lvl steps but i think you get the idea.

If not? Idea--->once you hit lvl 4 your weapon would become the lvl 4 version of that item. when you hit lvl 8 your weapon would become the lvl 8 version of that item.....and so on and so on.

I dont think this would be that hard. The lvl steps are alrdy in place and they have the Arty dogs that lvl up with the toon....this would just be a cross between the two.

What ya think? Please discuss.

danotmano1998
02-15-2012, 11:04 AM
How many of us have 5 different versions of the same weapon/armor but just at different lvls. Takes up a lot of bank space.

I'm certain that is exactly what they want.
Bank space = $$ for turbine.

It would be awesome to be able to just pare yourself down to one gear set, but I doubt they will nip their cash flow any more than they absolutely have to. That's just good business!

Silverwren
02-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Not a bad idea, however......

I realize you're talking about named items and epic gear, but Cannith crafting kind of already addresses this issue, if you were one of the ones who started crafting when it first came out that is. It doesn't take much effort to craft something good at level one and continue to add to it and modify it as you level up.

elraido
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Not a bad idea, however......

I realize you're talking about named items and epic gear, but Cannith crafting kind of already addresses this issue, if you were one of the ones who started crafting when it first came out that is. It doesn't take much effort to craft something good at level one and continue to add to it and modify it as you level up.

But then when you reach cap and tr again, you have to build that weapon all over.

Hendrik
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Crappy title, i know, but it gets the point across.:rolleyes:

OK hear me out on this and tell me what you think.

Right now there are multiple lvls of all the challenge weapons and armors. And event items for that matter.

What if, once you upgrade an item/weapon, to it fullest, it gains a property that allows it to revert back to a lower lvl item if/when and only if you TR. My thought behind this is simply. How many of us have 5 different versions of the same weapon/armor but just at different lvls. Takes up a lot of bank space. If we could just have the one item that reverted back to a lower lvl when we TR'd and then it lvl'd up with us.....that would save so much space and time IMO. The lvl up process would follow the current lvl steps that the weapons/armor/items alrdy have in place. 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 iirc. Sry not in game right now to verify the lvl steps but i think you get the idea.

If not? Idea--->once you hit lvl 4 your weapon would become the lvl 4 version of that item. when you hit lvl 8 your weapon would become the lvl 8 version of that item.....and so on and so on.

I dont think this would be that hard. The lvl steps are alrdy in place and they have the Arty dogs that lvl up with the toon....this would just be a cross between the two.

What ya think? Please discuss.

Reading this Tom, I think Intelligent Weapons.

Name escapes me; new Pally sword - grows in strength based on Pally... That tech applied to other weapons and help from DDO Loot Gods, and maybe weapons we would want to keep through many lives and still have use and be fun to have.

Kages
02-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Name escapes me; new Pally sword - grows in strength based on Pally... That tech applied to other weapons and help from DDO Loot Gods, and maybe weapons we would want to keep through many lives and still have use and be fun to have.
Divine Vengeance (http://ddowiki.com/page/Divine_Vengeance)

Here you go Hen.

Missing_Minds
02-22-2012, 03:38 PM

Here you go Hen.

Oh... so they finally released a holy avenger, just ml 18... painful.

Aaxeyu
02-22-2012, 03:47 PM
/Signed x1000

It would be so nice to not have to bother with all the gear for so many different levels.

AZgreentea
02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
mmm, I dont know. One of my favorite things in DDO is the loot. This sounds like it would make opening chests much less fun. After all, I dont really need what is inside, I already have my gear.

Aaxeyu
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
mmm, I dont know. One of my favorite things in DDO is the loot. This sounds like it would make opening chests much less fun. After all, I dont really need what is inside, I already have my gear.

I guess these items would be for people who already have all low level items they need already.

Tomalon
02-23-2012, 05:17 AM

Here you go Hen.

Yea something real Sim to this.

Alrik_Fassbauer
02-23-2012, 07:02 AM
In the recent game called "King's Bounty" you can upgrade items by battling its keepers.
These fights are often insanely hard, by the way !