PDA

View Full Version : Characters can holster their weapons in Character Creation....

TekkenDevil
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
.... so why isn't this in the game, when there are clearly lines of codes that already exist for it? To me it looks like it just has to be implemented into the game, not created.

taurean430
02-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I think the command is: /sheathe

It's been awhile, and I could be mistaken however...

brightfang
02-14-2012, 06:17 PM

/sheathe is bugged so it doesn't hide weapons and before it was bugged it didn't really sheathe them, only made them dissapear. I think the OP means show them on your side or your back.

Talias006
02-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I think it has to do with some people have an ungodly amount of weapons and their characters would be perpetually hidden by weapons holstered/sheathed everywhere.

My Ranger on Cannith has no less than 20 different melee weapons, and my Paladin has about 15 right now.

Not sure I'd want to see all those things held in the various places they could go.

You would have to limit the holstered/sheathed weapons to only the one's currently held.

It would be a hideous way of showing off your *ahem* wealth, otherwise.

brightfang
02-14-2012, 06:26 PM
I think it has to do with some people have an ungodly amount of weapons and their characters would be perpetually hidden by weapons holstered/sheathed everywhere.

My Ranger on Cannith has no less than 20 different melee weapons, and my Paladin has about 15 right now.

Not sure I'd want to see all those things held in the various places they could go.

You would have to limit the holstered/sheathed weapons to only the one's currently held.

It would be a hideous way of showing off your *ahem* wealth, otherwise.

True.

billwun
02-14-2012, 06:26 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. Been wondering about this myself actually... my char looked so cool during creation with his doublehanded sword strapped to his back that I was seriously disappointed when I wasn't able to do it in-game.

freekay
02-14-2012, 06:35 PM
I want to /sheathe the handwraps on my monk... <_<

Talias006
02-14-2012, 07:06 PM

Really don't want to know where you plan to store them while not in use, nor see the animation for it. :eek: :rolleyes:

khamastus
02-14-2012, 08:41 PM
This would be pretty cool. Animations for unsheathing right before a fight never get old

katz
02-14-2012, 10:47 PM
ya wouldn't need to show ALL the weapons you own, just the ones you're currently wielding. i am totally gonna /sign this... i would love to be able to see a pair of rapiers/longswords/scimitars/khopeshes strapped to my hips or a big ol greatsword/greataxe slung over my back instead of my weapons just disappearing.

so...

/signed!

TekkenDevil
02-15-2012, 10:37 PM

I mean sheathing with an animation, and making the sheathed weapons appear on your back/sides/whatever.

Yes that is exactly what I mean. Not showing every item in your inventory, that would be silly.
By sheathing I meant putting away your currently equipped Weapons/Shields so they would appear stored on your character, instead of on your hands all the time. Roleplay wise, this is often way better and way more fun than just unequipping all weapons.

This would of course apply to all weapons on your main and off hand, except for Handwraps and Runearms. If switching weapon sets while sheathed, the previous would disappear and the new set would appear in a sheathed position. You could make this a toggle on the inventory screen, but I'd much more prefer having a hotbar-able clicky for it under Feats.

The thing is, it seems to me like all the animations and coding is already in the game. They'd just have to implement it as an option for all characters. If you look at the different classes in the Character Creation screen, you can see Clerics putting away their shield on their back and their sword on their side. You can see barbarians putting a 2-handed weapon away onto their backs, and you can see rangers/rogues store 2 swords on their backs in a cross position.

Psiandron
02-15-2012, 10:45 PM

Really don't want to know where you plan to store them while not in use, nor see the animation for it. :eek: :rolleyes:

That was excellently funny. Really did lol.

/signed on the OP.
I miss just being able to sheathe and I would really like to have sheathing and drawing animations. People with quickdraw would get the animation 'quickened'.