PDA

View Full Version : Undead Halter

Syllph
02-12-2012, 08:12 AM
I think it'd be neat to add an effect to some of the high end undead-type weapons in the game. We already have paralyzing for non-undead, what about adding a halt-undead on hit effect to some of these high level undead weapons?

It would work just like a paralyzer, but halt undead.

Uska
02-12-2012, 08:23 AM
just kill them we have enough junk effects cluttering the loot table already

Sgt_Hart
02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Mournlode Shortsword, Mournlode Longsword, Mournlode Greataxe, Mournlode Light Mace, Mournlode Warhammer, Mournlode Maul (http://ddowiki.com/page/Mournlode_Weapons)

lvl 8: Incandescence Effect: This weapon glows with the light of Irian. This weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of light damage on successful hit.
lvl 12(and onwards): Brilliance Effect: This weapon glows with the light of Irian. This weapon deals an extra 1 to 6 points of light damage on a successful hit. In addition, critical hits deal an additional 1 to 10 light damage for weapons with a x2 critical multiplier, 2 to 20 for a x3 critical multiplier, and 3 to 30 for a x4 multiplier.
lvl 20: Radiant Blast Effect: This weapon has a 1% chance to proc 240-525 light damage (probably 15d20+225). Average: 380 (experimental avg was 380.2), which is 3.8 damage per hit.

Deals +100% damage to all undead (probably 480-1,050, 30d20+450), which is 765 average, or 7.65 per hit (experimental avg was 757.85). Creatures vulnerable to light take extra damage.

Note: All Undead take the extra +100%, plus potentially additional damage based on their light vulnerability percentage (if any). EG: Vampires are undead, thus take 200% damage. But they also generally have 50% light vulnerability, thus they take 300% damage (2.0 x 1.5 = 3.0): (720-1,575), which is 1,140 average, or 11.4 per hit.

Admittedly, you have to run torches, curse at kobolds, and all that fun..

Talias006
02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Totally not what I thought would be in the OP.... :o :D :rolleyes:

azrael4h
02-13-2012, 03:56 AM
The Coronach rune arm I think it was has a daze effect on undead, IIRC. I don't think it's on any other item, and I don't remember much about it, since I rarely used it. My usual rune arm is the one with fortification on it.

~Quilny
02-13-2012, 04:05 AM
I think it'd be neat to add an effect to some of the high end undead-type weapons in the game. We already have paralyzing for non-undead, what about adding a halt-undead on hit effect to some of these high level undead weapons?

It would work just like a paralyzer, but halt undead.
I think it would be easier to just straight up kill them so many UBER undead beaters out there however I kind of like your idea:D

/signed

Silverwren
02-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Mournlode Shortsword, Mournlode Longsword, Mournlode Greataxe, Mournlode Light Mace, Mournlode Warhammer, Mournlode Maul (http://ddowiki.com/page/Mournlode_Weapons)

lvl 8: Incandescence Effect: This weapon glows with the light of Irian. This weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of light damage on successful hit.
lvl 12(and onwards): Brilliance Effect: This weapon glows with the light of Irian. This weapon deals an extra 1 to 6 points of light damage on a successful hit. In addition, critical hits deal an additional 1 to 10 light damage for weapons with a x2 critical multiplier, 2 to 20 for a x3 critical multiplier, and 3 to 30 for a x4 multiplier.
lvl 20: Radiant Blast Effect: This weapon has a 1% chance to proc 240-525 light damage (probably 15d20+225). Average: 380 (experimental avg was 380.2), which is 3.8 damage per hit.

Deals +100% damage to all undead (probably 480-1,050, 30d20+450), which is 765 average, or 7.65 per hit (experimental avg was 757.85). Creatures vulnerable to light take extra damage.

Note: All Undead take the extra +100%, plus potentially additional damage based on their light vulnerability percentage (if any). EG: Vampires are undead, thus take 200% damage. But they also generally have 50% light vulnerability, thus they take 300% damage (2.0 x 1.5 = 3.0): (720-1,575), which is 1,140 average, or 11.4 per hit.

Admittedly, you have to run torches, curse at kobolds, and all that fun..

Great, but what do free and premium players get to use? I don't have that pack.

Alternately one can use a weapon with an effect on it it like vorpal. I can't remember what it's called (banishment or disruption or something like that) but on a roll of 20 it pretty much instakills undead.

HungarianRhapsody
02-13-2012, 07:29 AM
I find that Disruption and Greater Disruption do a good job at making Undead stop attacking me.

HungarianRhapsody
02-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Great, but what do free and premium players get to use? I don't have that pack.

Alternately one can use a weapon with an effect on it it like vorpal. I can't remember what it's called (banishment or disruption or something like that) but on a roll of 20 it pretty much instakills undead.

You can still run the quests in that pack. Go to House C and pick up the tokens of the day that will let you into the challenges. Different token every day.

CheeseMilk
02-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Totally not what I thought would be in the OP.... :o :D :rolleyes:

I wasn't sure whether to expect sexy lich dancers or a zombie horse.

Silverwren
02-13-2012, 07:37 AM
You can still run the quests in that pack. Go to House C and pick up the tokens of the day that will let you into the challenges. Different token every day.

Ah, I didn't know they were Challenges. I'm not real big on those. I do enough grinding elsewhere.

redspecter23
02-13-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm in favor of adding new weapon effects if they have some use. I fear that this ability will be a waste on easier mobs as you could beat them down fast enough and useless on high hp mobs as they'd either be red named or have saves high enough that it won't land often enough to be worth the effect.

Now if you're talking about a melee version of halt undead that also has the same "no save" part that the spell has on mindless undead, then you could have quite a powerful situational ability there. I'd say throw it on the high level loot tables, which are in severe need of an update with new abilities added.

dotHackSign
02-13-2012, 11:14 AM
I wasn't sure whether to expect sexy lich dancers or a zombie horse.

yeah, I thought it was something undead chicks wore