PDA

View Full Version : Bound to Chacter TO Bound to account

LordDevis
02-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I have hear a lot of "Hate" going on out there about some quest/raids that are droping BTC items mostly from player who have to play a certen "class" to get into a raid or quest. I myself am told that I have to bring my bard into EVON and HOX for the Evon I dont mind but hox I have melee toons that need stuff from there and if I pull it on my bard it is just wasted. So I had me an Idea (yes it hurt) how about introducting a new set of items that show up every 10th run of a raid, it will be a special raid token fragment that must be combined with other different raid token fragments to make a special cleansing stone that can be used to make a BTC item a BTA item.

Now my first thouht of this is to have evey raid drop one token named after the raid that it was done in and then combining all of them together to get the stone but all the crafting devices out there have only 5 spots to put things so maybe we could get a list out of what 5 raids people think should drop these framents

here are my 5

VOD
HOX
VON
ADQ
Titan

Now most of these raids are run all the time but Titan is not run very often there for making people have to run it cant make this a cake walk after all there should be some challenge to getting these fragments.

I also think that shroud should be left off the list because it already has a crafting ability behind it, that and they have made enough changes to shroud as of late anyway

oh and in case it is not clear the fragments are BTA

blerkington
02-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Hi,

I think this would still lead to people hoarding raid items they don't need for the toon that pulled the item.

In another thread like this, there was some discussion of making 20th completion items BTA. Those items are yours and yours alone, so there is no issue with hoarding, and it may encourage people to run raids with toons that already have the items they need.

More raiding = more fun, less hoarding = less grief.

Thanks.

cheekysmile
02-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Nice idea but yeah like has just been said it would lead to people hoarding stuff "just in case....."

One of the nice things about raids is that the majority of people will recognise if an item is useless to them and put it up for roll. What you're suggesting will have sorcs keeping chaos blades because you never know.........

It sucks if people won't accept your other toons in raids, trust me my main are mostly divine, but you just need to find the right people to run with.

djl
02-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Hi,

I think this would still lead to people hoarding raid items they don't need for the toon that pulled the item.

In another thread like this, there was some discussion of making 20th completion items BTA. Those items are yours and yours alone, so there is no issue with hoarding, and it may encourage people to run raids with toons that already have the items they need.

More raiding = more fun, less hoarding = less grief.

Thanks.
This is really the best solution. 20th completions occur seldom enough that I don't think it would be gamebreaking to make items obtained from them BtA.