PDA

View Full Version : Switching to premium

Djeserit
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Do you have any tips about switching to premium from VIP?

I have a few days before the switch. Anything I should do to prepare?

katana_one
02-08-2012, 10:49 AM
If you have stuff you want to keep on characters with races/classes that you didn't purchase, you may want to clean their banks and packs out - you won't be able to log into those characters until you buy the race/class.

Hafeal
02-08-2012, 10:55 AM
I did this a couple of weeks ago and I had no problems and all went smoothly.

If you had more time, I would tell you to buy points on sale and then save for DDO Store items on sale. As it is, your biggest decision will be witch 4 characters to keep - unless you plan on buying character slots right away. So, if you plan on operating with only 4 characters until slots go on sale, make sure you switch equipment from characters which will be locked.

As for characters you keep, remember, you will also have to buy Half-Orc, Half-Elf, Warforged, and Monk if you plan on making those part of your 4. (p.s. edit: I had enough favor for fvs, but if you don't, add that as a potential cost as well).

The biggest 'surprise' for me was the shared bank, although I had bought extra space as ViP, I still had to buy the base space upon the conversion.

Welcome to Premium. :)

AZgreentea
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
The biggest 'surprise' for me was the shared bank, although I had bought extra space as ViP, I still had to buy the base space upon the conversion.
For it to function as it did before, yes. Otherwise, it becomes withdraw only.

I was extremely pleased the day I bought the shared bank on sale (back when there were no expansions). It is arguably the most useful premium feature you can buy.

Hafeal
02-08-2012, 11:21 AM
For it to function as it did before, yes. Otherwise, it becomes withdraw only.

I was extremely pleased the day I bought the shared bank on sale (back when there were no expansions). It is arguably the most useful premium feature you can buy.

Right, you don't 'lose' items in the bank. Good catch. :)

Cauthey
02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Check out Ungood's A Guide to Converting from VIP to Premium (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=338050&highlight=vip).

JeisonBlade
02-13-2012, 02:32 PM
farm out as much elite favor/unique items as you can on packs you won't have access to and don't plan to buy anytime soon. I've been wondering why I bothered to hang
on to all these handwraps and a year later I'm planning on making a monk and oh so glad that I did.

gee-dragon776
02-13-2012, 03:04 PM
A friend of mine Stop playing for a while He was the vip and when he came back you went premium. The thing is He had the platinum vault so he could not get his plat back and and was broke. So me being the good friend i floated him some funds.

Hope that helps.