PDA

View Full Version : group tab automation

chodelord
02-08-2012, 10:34 AM
The grouping tab needs some help, please note that nothing that I'm proposing would prevent a leader from inviting anyone they want, it would just change how the group tab behaves.

1. if someone isn't flagged for the quest, doesn't own the adventure, or is on a timer they are not allowed to apply for the group (with the person applying getting a meaningful error message)
2. if someone is outside of the chosen level range they can't apply for the group
3. if someone doesn't have any of the classes listed in the class restrictions they can't apply for the group
4. if someone is rejected they are not allowed to send tells to the leader for 10 minutes after the rejection (to prevent the inevitable "why didn't you pick meeeeee!" message)
5. instead of just a checkbox next to the classes we should be allowed to set the minimum number of levels in the class before a person can apply

Pank
02-08-2012, 10:39 AM
I haven't put many LFMs but it seems to me that the only needed one is the first one. The other ones can esaily bbe solved by the PL: when someone applies you see the class/es and levels. And if someone declined starts bothering you, well, you have squelch for that.
What i'd do to check the first one is to share the quest or raid just before the partyb is full and check the log, to see if someone is not flagged.

Spoprockel
02-08-2012, 10:47 AM
1. Sounds reasonable.
2. Why not, prevents some people who don't know / care from ruining others xp.
3. May lead to confusion if the party leader forgets about checking / unchecking classes when opening a new lfm.
4. Imagine an unknown alt of a friend / guildy wants to join and you reject him, he couldn't even send you a tell about it. Not so great.
5. What purpose would this serve? If you need a rogue / arty for traps, how do you know if a certain lvl split has the rog lvls for trap skills or just for evasion / umd? Better put that into your lfms textbox.

Also, 1. and 2. wouldn't be needed if the lfm panel would be set by default to hide groups i'm not eligible for. Right now it's set the other way when you log in.

chodelord
02-08-2012, 11:06 AM
4. Imagine an unknown alt of a friend / guildy wants to join and you reject him, he couldn't even send you a tell about it. Not so great.
They can log in their alt and tell you if its important, it isn't an account squelch, just a whine mitigator.

5. What purpose would this serve? If you need a rogue / arty for traps, how do you know if a certain lvl split has the rog lvls for trap skills or just for evasion / umd? Better put that into your lfms textbox.

I wouldn't restrict rogue or arti levels for traps, though with one exception I can think of I don't know why you would split class an arti.

However if I'm running a challenge and allow monks, I don't want a 2 monk 18 paladin applying, or if I'm running shroud and looking for divines I don't want a 7 fvs 13 sorcerer applying.

danotmano1998
02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
People just need to learn to read.

And to ask questions about things they don't know..

Like.. "Hey, I've heard of the Shroud, but never ran it. Do you need to be flagged for that?"
or..

"What does BYOH mean?"

or..

"What does CC 40+DC mean?"

It would be nice to have the #1 suggestion, however.
Like the quest is grayed out if you aren't flagged, similar to how it is if they are specifying classes that can apply. Not sure how hard that would be to implement on the code side, but it would eliminate some confusion for newer players.

Silverwren
02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I agree that the first suggestion is probably the only one we really need.

The others are fluff. :p

Missing_Minds
02-08-2012, 01:02 PM
1. if someone isn't flagged for the quest, doesn't own the adventure, or is on a timer they are not allowed to apply for the group (with the person applying getting a meaningful error message)

A) if you haven't taken the quest you aren't flagged.
B) doesn't own the adventure, you will deny them guest passes?
C) Some quests are chain. You put up in group the last quest in chain and state in LFM doing full chain. Oh wait, you aren't flagged for that quest, request denyed according to you.
D) Load times. Some people don't listen to tells, and join then ask if switching is ok. Now I haven't run into this one in a while, but it did and can happen.
E) Timers. repeat of D.

Of all of these, I find only the timer to have good merit as that would tell the person right then rather then entry that they are on timer.