PDA

View Full Version : Crafting - Bound Moderate and Heavy Fort - double recipes?

My2Cents
02-07-2012, 10:50 PM
It seems when I go to the Bound Shards crafting device and type in "fortif", for instance, I see that in addition to the recipe for Light Fortification, there are two of each for Moderate and Heavy fortification. I first discovered this by trying just searching for "heavy" and seeing two Heavies.

(As an aside, I wanted to check the Unbound Shards device but "hevy" returned no results, but my skill is only 150/150/150 so maybe its not high enough, despite the fact that the devs granted me 200 when they capped my level during the event. I checked all my chars, all at 150. I wonder how/when that happened?)

Anyway, In the Bound Shards device in the crafting hall in House K on Lammania:

- Light Fortification: Elemental, Lvl 13: 1 Greater Earth, 4 Lesser Earth, 1 Khyber Fragment, 2 Amber vials

- Moderate Fort: Elemental, Lvl 44: 4 Greater Earth, 32 Lesser Earth, 9 Khyber Fragments, 2 Skull Fragments

- Heavy Fort: Elemental, Lvl 100: 21 Greater Earth, 192 Lesser Earth, 2 Purified Fragments, 2 Ruddy Fungi, 1 Goblet

- Moderate Fort: Elemental, Lvl 104: 10 Greater Earth, 80 Lesser Earth, 16 Khyber Fragments, 2 Skull Fragments

- Heavy Fort: Elemental, Lvl 150: 21 Greater Earth, 224 Lesser Earth, 2 Purified Fragments, 2 Ruddy Fungi, 1 Goblet

Are there two extra that should have been removed?
Are two of them really other recipes with the wrong name?
Should two of them really be for the unbound shards?

Bugged it.

Vormaerin
02-07-2012, 10:51 PM
If you read the patch notes, you'll notice that there are two types of bound items: the lower level version has very limited slots it can be put into. The higher level version goes in a lot more item types.

My2Cents
02-07-2012, 11:31 PM
If you read the patch notes, you'll notice that there are two types of bound items: the lower level version has very limited slots it can be put into. The higher level version goes in a lot more item types.

I actually did read through the "update notes" on the Lamma forum as well as the known issues list, and for some reason the sentence about "now have higher level versions" must not have stuck in my head as explaining what I was looking at.

I admit my reading comprehension tonight is really poor and I am embarrassed that I read through that and that line didn't sink in as relevant, but at least I did read through them first before posting. So I'm just dense, not unable to follow directions.

So my comment becomes, shouldn't there be a difference in the description? The "higher level" recipes in the bound shards device say "armor or shield" just like the lower, yet they are supposed to be available to more items, right?

I have a necklace that has heavy fort, I'd love to craft a new goggles so I could use the neck slot for something else.

"A higher level version of the lower level recipe that can be bound to more items"? (And maybe which items, if practical and not obvious from release notes or standard rules of thumb.)