PDA

View Full Version : Please make all tomes Bta

alexthegood
02-07-2012, 11:37 AM
it would be helpful,kinda of sucks to have 4, 3+ tomes that are useless rotting in bank,on my 4 guys. :( _edit_ just 20th reward raid tomes.

Impaqt
02-07-2012, 11:41 AM
it would be helpful,kinda of sucks to have 4, 3+ tomes that are useless rotting in bank,on my 4 guys. :(

Pretty sure if you bound all peoples tomes to account the uprising and nerdrage would be incredible.

might be fun to watch...

alexthegood
02-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Pretty sure if you bound all peoples tomes to account the uprising and nerdrage would be incredible.

might be fun to watch...

i took tomes on my 80 raids to save for my tr xD but i already ate the 3+s i got :( so idk. would it really hurt?

edgarallanpoe
02-07-2012, 11:44 AM

might be fun to watch...

Agreed but I don't think that is what the OP means. lol My guess is that he is referring to tomes that are BTC. If a tome is BTC and then we are able to retain our tomes on a TR, that pretty much makes those tomes nothing but vendor fodder. Are tomes used in crafting? Sorry, I haven't gotten into that yet.

WruntJunior
02-07-2012, 11:47 AM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Doomsayers will say that this will end +4 tomes going up for roll...but honestly, I've never seen a +4 tome up for roll...

Ungood
02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
MajMal has already said they will not be retro-modifying the tomes as that is much more complex then it sounds. That includes changing the bound state of tomes.

My Own personal feeling is, I would must rather they did not mess with tomes on the eve of them modifying their future behavior, that is like asking, nay, begging! for something to get bugged.

They are allowing us to Keep Tomes upon TR. Lets try to be happy about that.

StupendoThug
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
tome I have put up for roll:
2 x +4 INT
1 x +4 DEX
1 x +3 WIS

tomes I have been forced to eat on a character they were totally unsuitable for because they were a 20th reward
1 x +4 INT

tomes I have won from roll:
1 x +4 CHA
1 x +4 DEX

Does that mean I'd be ahead with this change? I guess so...

maha0201
02-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Epic demon queen ( EDQ2 ) tend to drop +3 BtA tomes, so run it as much as you want/can for BtA tomes.

OT: No point to make tome(s) non BtC since no one would ever put single +3 on roll ( reaver, vod, hox.... eDQ2 (dq can drop both BtC and BtA +3) eVelah) and break game kinda, think even +3 form end list would be unbound too ( well BtA ) which wouldn't be nice to existing one tome(s).

And with changes for keeping tomes i think that i won't see many tomes on roll in raids

Nospheratus
02-07-2012, 12:06 PM
This^

And besides, this change will make BTC tomes rolled for more often. This is a very good change *as is*!

Jandric
02-07-2012, 12:15 PM
/notsigned

BTC loot is supposed to encourage people to share raid loot. If you're taking them even though you have no use for them, perhaps you should consider sharing. Either way, I'd rather not mess up the mechanic that makes splitting raid loot so much more enjoyable in this game than in others.

Quarterling
02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
/notsigned

BTC loot is supposed to encourage people to share raid loot. If you're taking them even though you have no use for them, perhaps you should consider sharing. Either way, I'd rather not mess up the mechanic that makes splitting raid loot so much more enjoyable in this game than in others.

This. /not signed as well.

voodoogroves
02-07-2012, 12:42 PM
With all changes there is someone who's not going to gain as much benefit.

I've you've been saving tomes for a future TR, remember you assumed you were going to lose them all anyway...

edgarallanpoe
02-07-2012, 12:54 PM
He didn't take them to be greedy. What he is saying is that he took them when they were BTC before the new TR mechanic that lets us keep our tomes.

I understand what he wants...it makes perfect sense. The new mechanic make his tomes that are BTC useless on toons that have already eaten those tomes.

But I also understand why people would be against this as it definitely *would* lower the instance of people putting tomes up for roll.

alexthegood
02-07-2012, 01:05 PM
He didn't take them to be greedy. What he is saying is that he took them when they were BTC before the new TR mechanic that lets us keep our tomes.

I understand what he wants...it makes perfect sense. The new mechanic make his tomes that are BTC useless on toons that have already eaten those tomes.

But I also understand why people would be against this as it definitely *would* lower the instance of people putting tomes up for roll.

Yes,just 20-80th and so on end rewards... but i guess this idea is not so hot. should of explained it better :D was in a bit of a nerdrage,just saw how many 3+s i have for tr that i have already eaten and i dont even craft >< title should be please make all 20th-80th reward tomes Bta :D

Full_Bleed
02-07-2012, 01:11 PM
They should certainly change future +2 Favor reward tomes to BTA though.

alexthegood
02-07-2012, 01:12 PM
They should certainly change future +2 Favor reward tomes to BTA though.

that would be nice to :)

MsEricka
02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
BTC tomes should become BTA at a minimum.

Even with that I'd still end up having a bunch of useless tomes unless I decide to crunch them for crafting or make yet another character.

Keeping tomes on a TR is going to put a LOT of tomes back into the world.

GentlemanAndAScholar
02-07-2012, 03:29 PM
MajMal has already said they will not be retro-modifying the tomes as that is much more complex then it sounds. That includes changing the bound state of tomes.

[...]

So does that mean that only tomes consumed after U13 will be kept upon TR?

Quarterling
02-07-2012, 03:32 PM

Yes, I TR'ed yesterday and have not received the inherit tome bonus at level three so I can confirm.

GentlemanAndAScholar
02-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Yes, I TR'ed yesterday and have not received the inherit tome bonus at level three so I can confirm.

Did you TR in lama? or live? Because the code is not live yet.

Combat_Wombat
02-07-2012, 03:39 PM
MajMal has already said they will not be retro-modifying the tomes

thats a lie and not what he said at all

That is exactly what I was thinking.
I'm also not a big fan of retrofitting any items. It is not as easy as you may think.

While that is hardly positive he certainly didn't give any absolute no

Combat_Wombat
02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
With all changes there is someone who's not going to gain as much benefit.

I've you've been saving tomes for a future TR, remember you assumed you were going to lose them all anyway...

He assumed they would be useful and now they won't be nothing more nothing less

alexthegood
02-07-2012, 03:43 PM

Even with that I'd still end up having a bunch of useless tomes unless I decide to crunch them for crafting or make yet another character.

my point :D

Varashad
02-07-2012, 03:46 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Doomsayers will say that this will end +4 tomes going up for roll...but honestly, I've never seen a +4 tome up for roll...

I always put up "useless" tomes for roll on my accounts unless they're unbound or BtA. I've gladly passed a +4 intelligence tome to the party wizard, simply because 5 extra skill points is much less useful to me on a melee toon than +1 DC on a wizard is.

Combat_Wombat
02-07-2012, 03:46 PM
This^

And besides, this change will make BTC tomes rolled for more often. This is a very good change *as is*!

All this will do is gut many raids of players interested in running them. My cleric already has a full head of +3 tomes and all the item loot from hox, vod, reavers so as long as tomes remain btc that is one less healer interested in running those ever again. Tome are what kept many people running these otherwise completely played out raids.

NaturalHazard
02-07-2012, 03:54 PM

might be fun to watch...

yes eps the people who have unbound +3 or gasp +4 tomes.

djl
02-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Which is the opposing argument to BTA raid-loot tomes. With them being BtC and preserved through TR's, it will greatly cut down on the hoarding of +3s and +4s that currently happens. A few months down the road, a large amount of players will have their +3s and +4s used already so there will be far more +3s and +4s put up for roll. But if Tomes are made BtA, the hoarding will continue because people will just end up looting +3s and +4s to use on their other toons, and it might also cause the activity in raids to drop drastically because all the people with bunches of +3s on the wrong toons would suddenly have no reason to run those raids anymore. That said, tomes obtained from sources other than Warded Chests should become BtA instead of BtC.

To simplify, bound tomes that are pulled out of raids should remain BtC to encourage rolling them off. BtC tomes that are obtained as end rewards or 20th rewards should be BtA, as they would be infinitely more useful in that case. Tomes from the 1750 favor reward should also be BtA.

Varashad
02-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Which is the opposing argument to BTA raid-loot tomes. With them being BtC and preserved through TR's, it will greatly cut down on the hoarding of +3s and +4s that currently happens. A few months down the road, a large amount of players will have their +4s used already so there will be far more +3s and +4s put up for roll. However, tomes obtained from sources other than Warded Chests should become BtA instead of BtC.

To simplify, bound tomes that are pulled out of raids should remain BtC to encourage rolling them off. BtC tomes that are obtained as end rewards or 20th rewards should be BtA, as they would be infinitely more useful in that case. Tomes from the 1750 favor reward should also be BtA.

This.

Combat_Wombat
02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Which is the opposing argument to BTA raid-loot tomes. With them being BtC and preserved through TR's, it will greatly cut down on the hoarding of +3s and +4s that currently happens. A few months down the road, a large amount of players will have their +3s and +4s used already so there will be far more +3s and +4s put up for roll. But if Tomes are made BtA, the hoarding will continue because people will just end up looting +3s and +4s to use on their other toons. That said, tomes obtained from sources other than Warded Chests should become BtA instead of BtC.

completely ignores the point I made 2 posts earlier

Varashad
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
completely ignores the point I made 2 posts earlier

There will always be healers who need to get the loot from VoD or HoX though. There will always be those who do it for fun. Your point is valid indeed, but it is not such a devastating future that the raid will never be run.

Combat_Wombat
02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
There will always be healers who need to get the loot from VoD or HoX though. There will always be those who do it for fun. Your point is valid indeed, but it is not such a devastating future that the raid will never be run.

And those people that still need loot from those raids will need the tomes too then since they are harder to get. So no one gets to roll on any of those tomes in that situation either but you've destroyed many peoples interest in running the raids in the process.

WruntJunior
02-07-2012, 05:00 PM
And those people that still need loot from those raids will need the tomes too then since they are harder to get. So no one gets to roll on any of those tomes in that situation either but you've destroyed many peoples interest in running the raids in the process.

If tomes are BTA, people are more likely to bring their best toons if all they need are tomes...or all their toons, if it's not a difficult raid.

That said, I think we should see +2 tomes never be bound, and the eventual moving away from bound +3 tomes...+4 tomes should stay bound, as should +5 tomes when they're released.

DogMania
02-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Agreed but I don't think that is what the OP means. lol My guess is that he is referring to tomes that are BTC. If a tome is BTC and then we are able to retain our tomes on a TR, that pretty much makes those tomes nothing but vendor fodder. Are tomes used in crafting? Sorry, I haven't gotten into that yet.
Well I just got 1750 favour and a BTC tome but as im a tr *** good is it so its now 9 Eberons for crafting

DogMania
02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
And for all those that say why bother running the raid if u dont need a tome is GUILD RENOWN

alexthegood
02-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Which is the opposing argument to BTA raid-loot tomes. With them being BtC and preserved through TR's, it will greatly cut down on the hoarding of +3s and +4s that currently happens. A few months down the road, a large amount of players will have their +3s and +4s used already so there will be far more +3s and +4s put up for roll. But if Tomes are made BtA, the hoarding will continue because people will just end up looting +3s and +4s to use on their other toons, and it might also cause the activity in raids to drop drastically because all the people with bunches of +3s on the wrong toons would suddenly have no reason to run those raids anymore. That said, tomes obtained from sources other than Warded Chests should become BtA instead of BtC.

exactly !

Ungood
02-07-2012, 07:05 PM

I was under the impression that any tome would be retained, as long as you TRed after U13 went live, but, to be fair they did not explicitly spell that out.

I got the general consensus that all tomes would be behaving the same way in the end of things. However, with anything like this, I am never one to jump the gun before the show started you know. IE: I am keeping all my tomes in the bank till after U13 and not TRing till then.

Ungood
02-07-2012, 07:12 PM
thats a lie and not what he said at all

Here is the whole topic: Link Provided (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4286055#post4286055)

Feel free to read his response in context talking to another poster.

hmm, all those tomes going to waste, maybe Turbine should
just leave them as they are .....
That is exactly what I was thinking.
I'm also not a big fan of retrofitting any items. It is not as easy as you may think.

While that is hardly positive he certainly didn't give any absolute no

He may as well said "Not gonna happen"

But feel free to cling to any hope you want, as it stands, it is clear that making changes is not easy, nor is it welcome by the Devs.

This topic has been discussed before, and for the life of me, I can't understand why it is even being brought up. As opposed to be thankful for this change, people are making a fuss about it? Really? Really?

Phemt81
02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
tome I have put up for roll:
2 x +4 INT
1 x +4 DEX
1 x +3 WIS

Can i join your parties? :D;):D

Zenthalas
02-07-2012, 07:28 PM
it would be helpful,kinda of sucks to have 4, 3+ tomes that are useless rotting in bank,on my 4 guys. :( _edit_ just 20th reward raid tomes.

Nope, would rather them spend time fixing stuff. Those +3 tomes are gonna make alot of purified shards though.

Krell
02-07-2012, 07:33 PM

Makes sense. Store tomes are BTA, might as well make loot tomes the same. I bought a couple tomes for later, and it has been nice to move them around as needed.

Xenostrata
02-07-2012, 08:19 PM
If not chest tomes, 20th completion (or w/e) tomes should be made bta. Those aren't going up for roll.

Uska
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
If not chest tomes, 20th completion (or w/e) tomes should be made bta. Those aren't going up for roll.

with the change to TR that would be good any tome not up for possible passing should be BTA

alexthegood
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Makes sense. Store tomes are BTA, might as well make loot tomes the same. I bought a couple tomes for later, and it has been nice to move them around as needed.

yes.

TPICKRELL
02-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Nope, would rather them spend time fixing stuff. Those +3 tomes are gonna make alot of purified shards though.
Did they put the recipe back in for +3 tomes? The last I knew they removed it based on a stack of forum comments. +1/+2 tomes could be exchanged but not +3/4's

Zenthalas
02-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Did they put the recipe back in for +3 tomes? The last I knew they removed it based on a stack of forum comments. +1/+2 tomes could be exchanged but not +3/4's

I was implying futurity.

alexthegood
02-08-2012, 09:21 PM

but isn't that a sad way to use something of such value :( ?

TPICKRELL
02-09-2012, 08:10 AM
but isn't that a sad way to use something of such value :( ?Oh, I agree, they should be up for roll first, but if you still end up with a BTC tome you can't use, then it would be nice to have some option.

alexthegood
02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Oh, I agree, they should be up for roll first, but if you still end up with a BTC tome you can't use, then it would be nice to have some option.

exactly would it be to hard to make all tomes form 20ths etc BtA?