PDA

View Full Version : Minigames

bando
02-05-2012, 11:55 PM
So I was waiting around for a group to fill and i was thinking how much fun it would be to just be able to play scrabble ("Words with Orcs"?) or chess or something with other players during the down time (waiting for afk's, etc.).

Maybe we could work it out so that to have access to the games you are VIP or pay TP. I'd pay 200 or 300 TP to be able to while away some of the down time instead of alt-tabbing.

Maybe you could even wager plat or something on the games.

Thoughts?

GeneralDiomedes
02-06-2012, 12:14 AM
There has to be some kind of in-game reward other than a wager as it's easy enough to have another application open in Windows while away the minutes (personally I read the DDO forums). Perhaps in-game titles similar to forum titles?

Flavilandile
02-06-2012, 02:02 AM
you already have minigames in Stormreach.... they are called Challenges.

Some of them are short enough that you can do them while waiting for _________________ ( put the approriate reason )

Expalphalog
02-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I'd be very down with a quick simple card or dice game that you could play in the taverns.

Silverwren
02-06-2012, 09:28 PM
I usually open MyDDO and enter a lottery, read the forums, clear up my inventory, chat with guildies, shop on AH, look at the DDO store, try on some armor kits, go to the bathroom, get up and stretch, make a cup of coffee, fold my clothes, take out the trash or any other small thing to pass the time while waiting. No need for other little games.