PDA

View Full Version : Epic Golden Guilde : Add one more property, please?

TheDearLeader
02-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Epic Golden Guile - Necklace - Ghostly, Diplomacy +20, Bluff +20, Improved Deception, Excep Cha Skills +1, Empty Yellow Augment Slot.

Special thanks to Ovrad for compiling this information, and to LeLoric for posting the items in that thread.

I'd like to see if the Devs would consider (and possibly the playerbase would like/hate) seeing Lesser Action Boost Enhancement on the Epic version of this item.

The fact that it's +21 Diplo, +26 Bluff, +1 UMD is nice - but situational. Ghostly? That seems like it's everywhere nowadays. Epic Ring of the Stalker, Epic Cloak of Night, etc... on my Sorc/Wiz/Bard 1/Bard 2, I'm finding more often than not people don't need the Blur I keep passing out, Rogues included. The Yellow slot is a nice touch, but ultimately requires 20~30 tokens to be of use, anyway.

Assassins need Damage Boost II for their PrE.
Also, many Assassins take Haste Boost III~IV.
Rogues are one of the few classes that innately get Extra Action Boost enhancements.

So why is it that there is not a single Rogue item in the game that gives Lesser Action Boost Enhancement, or some flavor thereof? Why is it smarter for my Rogue to wear the Kensei necklace than it is anything "meant" for his class?

So, with that, I ask that you break this trend, and put it on the item.

The Good:
Rogues can have more Haste/Damage/Skill/Human Versatility Boosts. We don't "run out of steam" quite as fast.
The Bad:
This item property is still bugged to take away 2 boosts each time you take it off/die.

If they added it to this item, I would be extremely grateful, and would leave it on all the time. Does anyone else agree, or disagree, especially based upon the currently bugged nature of Lesser Action Boost Enhancement?

Lifespawn
02-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Epic Golden Guile - Necklace - Ghostly, Diplomacy +20, Bluff +20, Improved Deception, Excep Cha Skills +1, Empty Yellow Augment Slot.

Special thanks to Ovrad for compiling this information, and to LeLoric for posting the items in that thread.

I'd like to see if the Devs would consider (and possibly the playerbase would like/hate) seeing Lesser Action Boost Enhancement on the Epic version of this item.

The fact that it's +21 Diplo, +26 Bluff, +1 UMD is nice - but situational. Ghostly? That seems like it's everywhere nowadays. Epic Ring of the Stalker, Epic Cloak of Night, etc... on my Sorc/Wiz/Bard 1/Bard 2, I'm finding more often than not people don't need the Blur I keep passing out, Rogues included. The Yellow slot is a nice touch, but ultimately requires 20~30 tokens to be of use, anyway.

Assassins need Damage Boost II for their PrE.
Also, many Assassins take Haste Boost III~IV.
Rogues are one of the few classes that innately get Extra Action Boost enhancements.

So why is it that there is not a single Rogue item in the game that gives Lesser Action Boost Enhancement, or some flavor thereof? Why is it smarter for my Rogue to wear the Kensei necklace than it is anything "meant" for his class?

So, with that, I ask that you break this trend, and put it on the item.

The Good:
Rogues can have more Haste/Damage/Skill/Human Versatility Boosts. We don't "run out of steam" quite as fast.
The Bad:
This item property is still bugged to take away 2 boosts each time you take it off/die.

If they added it to this item, I would be extremely grateful, and would leave it on all the time. Does anyone else agree, or disagree, especially based upon the currently bugged nature of Lesser Action Boost Enhancement?

Not many that need the extra action boosts would use this either way since currently you lose charges each and every time you switch it out which i know you said.

No other class gets such high skills and everything they could possibly need on a single item if adding the extra action boosts to this item it would be best in slot by quite a bit for human and helf rogues and arguably for all others aswell.

AMDarkwolf
02-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Not many that need the extra action boosts would use this either way since currently you lose charges each and every time you switch it out which i know you said.

No other class gets such high skills and everything they could possibly need on a single item if adding the extra action boosts to this item it would be best in slot by quite a bit for human and helf rogues and arguably for all others aswell.

What he said. IF they fix it so that u don' lose charges, it'd be a good thing to have, but being that most who WOULD use it would also usually have neck as the swapout spot (For silver flame, etc)

/signed IF they fix the issue with losing charges, /NOT signed if they don't.

TheDearLeader
02-04-2012, 05:21 PM

What he said. IF they fix it so that u don' lose charges, it'd be a good thing to have, but being that most who WOULD use it would also usually have neck as the swapout spot (For silver flame, etc)

/signed IF they fix the issue with losing charges, /NOT signed if they don't.

I understand the sentiment entirely, which is why I wanted to hear how everyone else feels about this.

I wear the Kensei Necklace on Oschkosch for a total of 8 Action Boosts. (5 Base, 1 Extra Enhancement, 2 Item). I wear it under the knowledge that I absolutely must not die, and that I am going into a quest where I assume that I will be Death-Warded at all times. If I expect to die, or expect to need my Silver Flame Talisman, I do not wear it into that quest.

Just to make sure I understand the two of you correctly:
Lifespawn - Best-in-slot with this addition; You say this to mean this change would make it OP? Or just that it would be a very good item?
AMDarkwolf - Would you wear it, as it is now, over other necklaces (nearly 24/7)? Would it be a hot-swap item for the few quests that require Bluff or Diplo as a skill? Would you wear it, nearly 24/7, over other necklaces provided Lesser Action Boost was added, but also bugfixed?

bbqzor
02-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Ultimately I think it needs something, as the only thing really appealing about this item is the +20 bluff. The +20 diplo is already present on the Epic Shimmering Pendant, also a necklace, which with 7 cha seems much more appealing for diplo use (stat damage/penalty buffer, +3-4 cha skills depending on rounding, etc).

Ghostly is on multiple other items rogues would use, as is (of lately anyhow) Improved Deception. While +1 cha skills isn't something most rogues probably have, it's also not worth an epic item slot on its own, and could be called equivalent to the 7 cha on the Shimmering assuming one could round the stat up from it. And the yellow aug slot is likely to be present in most other options one might consider.

So really, I think this item suffers from the very typical turbine case of: what was the intended point of this item? There's not a strong case to be made for wearing a +20 bluff item 24/7, let alone as an epic item. I'm happy to see more bluff options, as it is something I use all the time on my rogue, but I'd like to see it come along with some other appealing mods.

As for the Action Boosts specifically, well, yes that would be useful but I simply swap necks too much to want to rely on that. The Nyokos and Silver Flame ones being the most common, but theres a few others as well. Because of the current situation where it drains boosts, adding that mutation would basically ensure I don't use this item. But then again, it wasn't something I could honestly claim I'd use anyhow.

So, I'd support its addition simply because the item needs something to really be worth bothering with. If they fix the boost drain issue, then it would really be something valuable with that on there, so adding it now may ensure it has a good future. But if another attractive option came up, I could probably go for that too. I'm just not sure of anything off hand that thematically fits... partly because I'm not sure what the theme here was. Perhaps a minus threat modifier, as the necklace helps convince them not to attack you? That might open its appeal up to some other classes as well? Shrug, kind of drawing a blank, if they ever fix the bug action boosts would be best, but I don't think that will be anytime soon.

wax_on_wax_off
02-04-2012, 06:31 PM
/signed for suggestion, /signed for fixing the issue

destiny4405
02-04-2012, 06:58 PM
/signed for adding lesser action boost. would be also nice to get lesser action boost on some other slot then necklace. atm there are 4 items that increase action boosts, and all of them are necklaces. kinda sucky.

TheDearLeader
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
/signed for adding lesser action boost. would be also nice to get lesser action boost on some other slot then necklace. atm there are 4 items that increase action boosts, and all of them are necklaces. kinda sucky.

I think there's five, but I agree, the lack of variety sucks. I was just thinking of something that could make this item more.. well, *more*.

(Three ToD Fighter Necklaces, Epic Adherents's Pendant, Alchemist's Pendant)

Elishia
02-04-2012, 08:45 PM
This is a charisma based item that multiple classes can wear that use diplo and bluff, bards and sorcs.......putting lesser action boost makes it a class only item for rogues because a pure non-warchanter bard and a sorc do not have action boosts so to add that to it would make it useless to two other classes that could get awesome use out of this item and who I'm sure would enjoy it just as it is. Put +6 con in this and for a bard it's better than any bard neck you can get from shav.

TheDearLeader
02-04-2012, 08:58 PM
This is a charisma based item that multiple classes can wear that use diplo and bluff, bards and sorcs.......putting lesser action boost makes it a class only item for rogues because a pure non-warchanter bard and a sorc do not have action boosts so to add that to it would make it useless to two other classes that could get awesome use out of this item and who I'm sure would enjoy it just as it is. Put +6 con in this and for a bard it's better than any bard neck you can get from shav.

But not better than the Shimmering Pendant, which is a much hotter Bard item.

And actually, a Human/Half-Elf Bard could still benefit from this getting Lesser Action Boost Enhancement, since it increases the number of times you can use Human Versatility per rest.

I appreciate your Input, but I've got a capped Spellsinger and Warchanter, and I can't see myself putting this on either of them. I do, however, also have two Assassins, both of whom I can see putting this on if it had the recommended item augmentation.

AylinIsAwesome
02-05-2012, 07:15 PM

So you're saying that right now the item is good for Bards and Sorcerers.

But if the item were to gain an effect, it would no longer be good for them???

What?