PDA

View Full Version : New Djinni Cake Items

GoldyGopher
02-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Would it be possible to change the rewards to "Bound to Account" rather than "Bound to Character"

For the long time player base the items on the list are less then ummmm useful, sorry can't think of anyother way to say it, for multiple TR characters especially with the advent of keeping tomes in the TR process.

HernandoCortez
02-03-2012, 11:28 AM
/signed

sephiroth1084
02-03-2012, 11:55 AM
No. The whole point of giving the cakes to existing characters would be defeated by this.

Thrudh
02-03-2012, 11:56 AM
You get a cake for every one of your characters.

somenewnoob
02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Are ALL the items BTC? (I ask because I have 6 mules who do nothing but stand at banks!)

Thrudh
02-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Are ALL the items BTC? (I ask because I have 6 mules who do nothing but stand at banks!)

+2 STR tome lets them carry moar stuff!

somenewnoob
02-03-2012, 12:09 PM
+2 STR tome lets them carry moar stuff!

Hey, when I roll up mules, str is not a dump stat! :p

(And what a testament to my hoarding, 4 toons I play, 6 mules to hold all the stuff I won't get rid of!)

GoldyGopher
02-03-2012, 12:10 PM
No. The whole point of giving the cakes to existing characters would be defeated by this.

You lost me here, the number of cakes I receive would not change, the usefulness of the cakes I receive on the other hand greatly increases.

You get a cake for every one of your characters.

See above.

The problem for many long time players as I see it is the cakes have virtually no use for many many characters.
My Sorc, 25 Enhancers which is 15 more than I used last year.

My Cleric, 25 enhancers which is almost useful. I have a good hundred stack that I keep around, when I have more than that I stop selecting as end rewards.

My Pally - ummmm well er

My Barb - ummmm well er

My Rogue - You know with that +2 Supreme Tome its a well er umm

My Little Pally - Hey I could use a couple tomes

My Arti - ummm well er

See a pattern?

sephiroth1084
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
The cakes aren't intended to give characters you make a year from now a full set of +2 tomes.

At the worst, you can turn all of your cakes into tomes and then crunch them into crafting ingredients. If you don't do crafting, buy XP pots for TRing, slayer pots for TRing, and Majors for anyone that has a blue bar.

The store pots have a better spread than typical Majors, and if you haven't ever run out of SP on a paladin I daresay you've been doing something wrong.

I think we should get a few more options, but I don't see a reason for these to become BtA, particularly since anyone with more slots available than they have characters would just roll up new toons to fill the slots, get their cake, then turn everything over to their real characters. A VIP with 1 cleric and 1 wizard could roll up 8 mules, and send 100 SP pots to each of his two real toons. Not really what the devs were intending.

Impaqt
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM

So one of your active characters should get 7 slices?

no. BTC is the right way to do it. You can always make it rain for nearby folks who are not mules....

brian14
02-03-2012, 12:31 PM
What is Djinni cake?

GoldyGopher
02-03-2012, 12:32 PM
So one of your active characters should get 7 slices?

no. BTC is the right way to do it. You can always make it rain for nearby folks who are not mules....

Can't do that anymore either, need to be in a quest.

Impaqt
02-03-2012, 12:43 PM

So put up an LFM for a Rain of ham. Fill group, step into Chronoscope and have at it.

somenewnoob
02-03-2012, 12:45 PM
So put up an LFM for a Rain of ham. Fill group, step into Chronoscope and have at it.

Yeah but then you're inevitably going to get, "I cant find quest giver for reign of ham, shr plz!"

Cauthey
02-03-2012, 12:47 PM
What is Djinni cake?

Six Year Old Cake (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=360595).

This appears to be a U13 DDO Birthday gift/prize awarded to the players by Turbine. Some, not all (The cake is a lie!) have been able to preview these gifts via the Lamannia (read: Lasagna) preview server.

Flavilandile
02-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Six Year Old Cake (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=360595).

This appears to be a U13 DDO Birthday gift/prize awarded to the players by Turbine. Some, not all (The cake is a lie!) have been able to preview these gifts via the Lamannia (read: Lasagna) preview server.

It can also be the Djinni you geet from another cake that was given years ago.
According to rumors they don't give the same things. ( well the old one only gave +1 tomes, a rain of ham and a shrine... among otehr things )

cdbd3rd
02-04-2012, 08:21 AM

What??!!????? :eek: :confused: :( :eek:

That was one of the bestest things about ham rains, doing them around a bunch of newbies who are both flabbergasted by it, and get useful things for newbie lowbies. (but at least the current hams aren't BtC...)

Saaluta
02-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah but then you're inevitably going to get, "I cant find quest giver for reign of ham, shr plz!"

LOL! Too true :)

Saal :)

As for me, I'm waiting for it to go live before I complain as one of the devs said in another thread that this is not the final build on the cake/djinn.

The versioning to the cake is not complete in this build.

cdbd3rd
02-04-2012, 08:56 AM

As for me, I'm waiting for it to go live before I complain as one of the devs said in another thread that this is not the final build on the cake/djinn.

Aye, there is that.
But they MUST bring ham rain back to the masses.

Eladrin
02-04-2012, 12:34 PM
It's set to instance-only because you can actually kill someone with a Pork Barrel.

Saaluta
02-04-2012, 12:51 PM
It's set to instance-only because you can actually kill someone with a Pork Barrel.

Is it just me or are the pork barrels strangely reminiscant of the part of the year that we in America are enjoying at this time...presidential primaries...but nah, must be my paranoia seeing innocent things as something darker and more insidious :)

Phoenix-daBard
02-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Is it just me or are the pork barrels strangely reminiscant of the part of the year that we in America are enjoying at this time...presidential primaries...but nah, must be my paranoia seeing innocent things as something darker and more insidious :)

Already hinted at by a dev.

Ninety
02-04-2012, 01:54 PM

im popping mine in the harbor then!

MsEricka
02-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't know if it was mentioned, but the pork barrels are BTC. However the Tasty Ham that they produce are not bound in any way.

Anyone can benefit from Ham greatly, especially at lower levels.

You get 3 barrels which each give 50 Tasty Ham. They can only be used in quests unlike the old Djinn cakes which could be used anywhere. This means your bank toons can run into a quest on their own and guarantee that you get all your ham.

Watch me making a pigsplosion here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LslYcbp5w)

Roland_D'Arabel
02-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Good call on instance only. Public instances of raining hams have caused a lot of grief in the past when people steal the said pork products that don't belong to them.

Havok.cry
02-04-2012, 05:19 PM

And we only get three??????? but there are SOOOOOO many places to use them. My freinds NEED, psycologically and emotionally NEED, to be killed off by me regularly, in an amusing fashion. What do I need to do to get a constant supply?

Krelar
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
What do I need to do to get a constant supply?

Make 10,000 alts before the next update and change toons regularly?

Havok.cry
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Make 10,000 alts before the next update and change toons regularly?

I have a better answer: convice the devs to celebrate DDOs unbirthdays with exploding pig barrels.

Extispex
02-04-2012, 09:35 PM
im popping mine in the harbor then!

Getting porked for the first time in the harbour? That doesn't sound very romantic :eek:

Lehmu
02-05-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd love to see an event where some exploding barrels & the good stuff get changed to pork barrels.

DDO's 6th birthday event, maybe?

rfachini
02-07-2012, 01:03 PM

Since you're reworking enhancements anyway, can we get weapon specialization in these added? :D