PDA

View Full Version : Silver Flame Priest Ship Buff

~rachealgoss
02-03-2012, 05:31 AM
This is a fairly useless buff that imho is not used very much. Perhaps a way to salvage him and make him truly useful is to modify what he can and cant do. Currently he only offers lasting protection from evil which even at low levels is almost useless.

Suggested changes for him:
Lasting protection from disease/posion/curses
same abilities as tavern silver flame people - remove curse/disease/etc
spirit binding - with non guild members being bound to the airship tower instead

Robai
02-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Protection from Evil would not be so bad buff, at least it's useful at higher levels.
But, unfortunately, it's bugged now - you can still be commanded.
Only buff from spell, wand or potion actually protects you, but not the ship buff.

dotHackSign
02-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Lasting death ward :) Would be nice to get protection from level drain that lasted...

Silverwren
02-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I could go along with everything except the binding part.

I wouldn't want my current bind point, which is the Twelve, to be overwritten to a random airship portal just because I used someone else's buff. If you were already bound to your airship (through this buff on your airship) and then used the buff on a different ship you'd be constantly overriding your own bind point, which I'm sure you wouldn't want.

GoRinNoSho
02-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I am hoping they will fix this and any Cosntant Effect Protection from Evil items. I.E. Fragment of the Silver Flame, Silver Flame Talisman.

They exhibit the same hilarity.

Hobgoblin
02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
carefull what you ask for...... i remember a dev (eladrin?) saying that this was a very low priority bug, and pro evil should not stop command

/shrug

hob