PDA

View Full Version : Would like store items to be bound to account, not to character

guises
02-02-2012, 06:18 AM
So this is pretty simple: I recognize why items bought in the store need to be bound, but I'd like them to be bound to your account not your character. I was considering bags specifically, but I can't think of any item for which this shouldn't apply.

Bacab
02-02-2012, 06:26 AM
Armor Skins should be bound to account and I should be able to move them off of a piece of armor and onto another.

After reading that I mean...lets say I buy "Black Steel" every toon should get it on my account. Also it should effect every docent or robe or armor.

Ugumagre
02-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Weird, somehow I have the feeling I have read this before :)

guises
02-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Weird, somehow I have the feeling I have read this before :)

Hm. Does that mean it isn't going to happen? I had thought that this would be pretty uncontroversial.

My2Cents
02-02-2012, 08:44 AM
And just in case the theory is to make more money by making us buy one set of items (bags, specifically) for each character, I am MORE hesitant to buy a bag thats BTC both because of the BTC restriction and because of the feeling that I am being purposely coerced into spending more by the bags not being BTA.

The surest way to turn me away from purchasing is to give me the impression that your sole mission in life is to maximize the $$$ you can get from me.

Please don't misunderstand, I am entirely in favor of supporting DDO through store sales, I just think that over the long term, customer-service culture will win out over short term min/maxing on price points and BTC/BTA issues.

(An example: I used to LOVE the 50% off hireling sales, I used to buy many more of them then and actually play more, buying more store items in the end. Since then they've almost disappeared. The only 50% hireling sale was on the first day of the December daily deals, and because the initial add wasn't worded clearly, I didnt try and purchase it until the second day, missing out on the sale. Was it my fault? Sure it was, but they could have repeated it, or possibly extended the deals for more than one day, which can be very inconvenient for us busy folk - it gave me the impression that deals were offered designed to boost public relations but minimize the actual chance the customer had to take part in the deal.)

I'm a big fan of the DDO store and my remarks are intended to improve its quality and popularity (and thereby also its profit.

Just my 2cents.

danotmano1998
02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
I would buy the store bought bags if they were BTA.
Since they are BTC, I will not.

I will also not bother to purchase any more armor kits.
In my opinion, a purchased armor kit should be for that particular character, NOT that particular piece of armor.

I should be able to purchase the armor kit and be able to toggle it on/off either viewing the armor I have on, or the purchased cosmetic, regardless of what armor I am currently wearing.

/signed..
(Yes, this is an idea that has been around quite a while, and has seen many threads, but I'll keep on signing them if people keep on posting them. It's a good idea, and one that will be a win for turbine and for players, IMO.)

somenewnoob
02-02-2012, 08:58 AM
/signed

Just as danot said up there ^^^ I would actually buy MORE THINGS if they were BTA, things like bags, if they were bta, I would buy. Btc.....not a snowball's chance in hell.

Rumbaar
02-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Sadly this is a subject that has been around ever since DDO store was introduced, and I can't see Turbine changing their policy.

It's strange, the Trinket is BtA [suppose bug or not WAI] and the in game trinket is BtC. So some things are, sadly, better brought from the DDO store than can be found in game.

Then you have BtC bags, which are unbound or not available in game.

Quarterling
02-02-2012, 03:38 PM
/signed

I too would buy more things if they were BTA.

Bacab
02-03-2012, 01:51 AM
I would buy the store bought bags if they were BTA.
Since they are BTC, I will not.

I will also not bother to purchase any more armor kits.
In my opinion, a purchased armor kit should be for that particular character, NOT that particular piece of armor.

I should be able to purchase the armor kit and be able to toggle it on/off either viewing the armor I have on, or the purchased cosmetic, regardless of what armor I am currently wearing.

/signed..
(Yes, this is an idea that has been around quite a while, and has seen many threads, but I'll keep on signing them if people keep on posting them. It's a good idea, and one that will be a win for turbine and for players, IMO.)

Yeah, exactly how I feel.

Chai
02-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Most games that have cosmetics have them completely separate from the actual item it alters, so its not only re-usable, but the actual armor can be upgraded and you can choose to keep the same look. This can be done by having a separate slot for the cosmetic as you have for the actual item. If I like the look of certain in game armor I can put it into a cosmetic slot and receive none of its benefits other than look. Or I can buy a cosmetic look from the store and put it in there.

Koowluh
02-07-2012, 06:10 AM
I'm signing this, but I have the sneaking suspicion that this has been suggested tons and tons of times before already.

I am not bothering with anything BtC in the store, nor any consumables. The large bags that I have on my account right now are all unbound and bought from ingame plat. I would have bought them with TP if they were BtA in the store.

The same goes with hireling folders which are on sale right now (or was it the last sale?). I wouldn't mind buying the modest one if I were able to transfer it over to another character. Now, not so.

As it is right now, I think Turbine is losing out on BtC store items, especially in the fervent altoholic crowd. Instead of selling one bag of each for each account, they are now selling no bag of each for no account, with the occasional bag sale to someone really needing it or forgetting to read.