PDA

View Full Version : monks, alignment and handwraps

Randil_Keeper
02-01-2012, 04:35 PM
"Fixed a bug where some items with the Pure Good, True Law, and True Chaos effects were able to be equipped by characters of the wrong alignment."

this is affecting handwraps with pure good on them, not sure about the others, just a heads up for anyone using them on live

(i put a screenshot on my MyDDO page)

MeliCat
02-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Well it was in the notes.

Thank you for the confirmation though.(/puts devouts in bank)

Thankfully they've kind of fixed crafting.

Dilgar
02-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Is holy stacking with holyburst and greater bane actually giving the extra +4?

nolaureltree000
02-01-2012, 08:16 PM
that is awful news. i realize it was a work around of alignment restrictions, but with fairly limited weapon options for handwrap users, being able to equip pure good wraps seemed perfectly reasonable. i guess ive got to start investing in umd on my monk now.

YogoSkidz
02-01-2012, 08:29 PM
maybe they just coded wraps to be weapons and now all the other bugs are gone.

Munkenmo
02-01-2012, 09:03 PM
maybe they just coded wraps to be weapons and now all the other bugs are gone.

kiss goodbye your holy burst tod rings in that case.

it's unfortunate that this is one of the first bugs to be fixed regarding handwraps, but if its a step towards crafted handwraps and named handwraps start working properly in the near future i've got no qualms with this fix.

though if i put my tinfoil hat on, i'd notice this and off hand procs got fixed at the same time, before any detrimental bugs were addressed :(

Tajuh
02-02-2012, 01:38 AM
It also means that LN/CN characters will lose their ability to equip True Law/Chaos of Pure Good items(It only checks for the first alignment.)

Kinda sad, but it was a bug. It was going to be fixed eventually.