PDA

View Full Version : Epic item, tier 3, scaling possible?

marb
02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Instead of having to carry multiple crafted epic items, such as the cloak of night, Crystal Cove items, challenge items, etc....is it possible to make them scale up as i level my TR? For example, if i make the epic Ring of the Buccaneer, craft it to tier 3, and then TR. Allow my Tr to put the item on at level 4 and receive lvl 4 benefits. when i hit lvl 8 those benefits turn on, etc.. If necessary, have the scaling as another level above tier 3. Once I have the level 20 tier 3, i can farm more mats (whether event mats, epic tokens, whatever) and add the scaling property to it. Seems like a waste of space to have 5 different of the same item in my bank for my TR.

AMDarkwolf
02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
would love this but...

... knowing them the idea IS to clutter up your inventory, forcing you to buy bank space, bag space, etc, in the DDO store.

I mean if i could combine 5 items(identical items) to create an item with MUCH higher durability i'd do it to save 5 bag spots.

dotHackSign
02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
if you did this it would also eliminate the need to farm the items at lower levels. You would just farm it at the top then enjoy all the lower tiers. I could use the extra space though...

somenewnoob
02-01-2012, 12:22 PM
It would be nice. Even if you TR and start again and it goes back to 4, etc.

Don't think it will happen, but a good idea nonetheless.

Vindraxx
02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
World of Warcraft has this system and while it does offer great convenience while leveling, I think it actually hurts the game more than helps it. The biggest detriment being, having your items scale takes away that feeling of qualifying for a new weapon or armor when you hit that next level non-existant. I leveled my WoW character from 1-60 using the same exact weapon, armor and everyone else running around was clones using the same items. At least with the current tier system you're equipping a different spyglass at level 12 then the one you had at level 8 and it gives you a significant jump in stats at different points (and sometimes changes the base stats or effects, so it doesn't remain the "same" between levels). I think it leads to much more interesting gearing decisions, and while no one likes playing the inventory management game, I believe the current system is far superior to the alternative. Wearing the same items from 1-20 each life would feel pointless and take away from TR'ing.