PDA

View Full Version : Feedback - Turbine Store Update

KookieKobold
02-01-2012, 09:44 AM
We've done a few changes to the way the Turbine store is currently setup recently and those changes are now on Lamannia.

We'd love your feedback on the following portions of the store:

My account
Sorting through purchase history
Browsing categories
Buying items both through Quick Buy and the Shopping Cart

Thanks for your time!

Additionally, Use this thread to post feedback on this topic!

Grosbeak07
02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
We'd love your feedback on the following portions of the store:

1.My account
2.Sorting through purchase history
3.Browsing categories
4.Buying items both through Quick Buy and the Shopping Cart

Overall it appears the store is a bit more responsive than what is currently on live. Whether this is due to any changes you made or lag related, I can't tell... yet.

1. The my account feature was responsive and looked sharper. Everything I clicked on worked quickly and was clearly self-explanatory if I had wanted to actually change anything.

2. Purchase history looks really good, I actually had to buy a couple of things to test it. With my addictions to hirelings on live... I think I'm gonna hate looking at it, but it looks and works really good.

3. Didn't notcie too much change from whats currently live, although I sound like a broken record, the categories were much more responsive and I was able to browse faster, which might be nice if your in the middle of combat or something. :rolleyes:

4. I bought items both quick buy and through the cart, didn't notice much difference from live, other than again the response time to process the transactions was much faster.

It appears the store was only mildly tweeked, but it appears to have improved performance.

MaxwellEdison
02-01-2012, 10:51 AM
But is it more responsive?

InTheBox
02-01-2012, 11:01 AM
But is it more responsive?

**notes the lack of responsiveness from Grosbeak07**

Grosbeak07
02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
**notes the lack of responsiveness from Grosbeak07**

I'm not... but the store is. :cool:

Sleepsalot
02-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I did notice that all the item icons are displaying now. Used the store during the Crafting event. Was very fast used both ways quick buy and cart was great.. Also still no level 7 vet status that I have seen.. Any idea when???

Sleeps :D :) :D

ThomasMink
02-01-2012, 10:26 PM
The Purchase History bit is great for what it is. Other than that, everything felt slightly faster.. but otherwise I didn't really notice a difference in browsing and purchasing from what is on live.

masterzzan
02-02-2012, 04:40 AM
i would like to point a difficulty i have been having with the shop. this is even from older updates. when ever i make a search or looking through a list .i like to see things arranged in order. you have the list by price(up or down) and by alphabetical names and by best selling. when i pick the order i like to see the items (which is never the default,by best selling , which is kinda random). i can see the list up till i click on an item to see more detail. once i hit the back key to go back to the list. every thing is AGAIN listed by "best selling" . and i have to redo the listing again. which is taking time.BUT more then that -make me loose my place if the list is long.
for exp. i wanted to check armor kits look. so i list them alphabetically and check them one at a time. but since even close named one (which is kinda confusing if English is not your main language) look differently .i need to keep trace.which is impossible when the list keep changing to "best selling" .

would be great if once i change the list to selected order it would STAY like it till at least when i log off.or change the things i view.( since i know the best selling is there to "help" me buy things i other wise wouldn't looked at)

RandomKeypress
02-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Tried it out - I liked it.

The big thing for me was not loosing the page I was browsing in when adding stuff to my cart - that's a very welcome change. The store seemed slow to load on about everything, but that could be my connection.

On the 'My Account' page, my subscription page (DDOWarforge FTUIPack Account Creation, whatever that means) was too long and pushed the 'Enter different card' button out of it's box and looked untidy. Good interface otherwise - all seemed to make sense.

Purchase History was good, but it would be nice to be able to sort by 'points spent' - if I were looking for a previous order to repeat it, I might know it better for being really cheap or expensive rather than the date. Knowing the number of items on an order might be nice too, but I realise screen real estate isn't infinite.

Browsing for categories - eh. If I was looking for bags, for example, it wouldn't be immediately apparent to me that I should look in 'Character', and if I was browsing idly for fun and interesting things I would have given up fairly quickly due to the very deep menu structure and all the clicking and delays. I seem to recall that I found the previous interface more intuitive. Search continues to work fine, so if you know what you're looking for you're fine - it's just idle browsing that is hard.

Buying things: as mentioned above, I like not getting kicked to the cart everytime I add something to the list. I didn't notice a lot of difference apart from that, but I'm still very happy with the change.