PDA

View Full Version : just some questions that need answering

pleistocene
01-31-2012, 09:10 AM
how can a first life drow true neutral wizard with gs con opt helm, epic diabolist robes, epic scorched bracers, epic charged guantlets, epic boots of corrosion, staff of the peitioner, ear dweller, storm napkin, noxious embers, epic shamans band, and cinders band, and vornes belt have 43 necro 41 cc, 40 evo, 40 conjuration dc?

with stats of..

str 21
dex 12
con 29
int 46
wis 18
cha 14

150% fort
can someone give me break down idk if this guy used any +3 or +4 tomes and these are stats of him with just ship buffs, i just dont understand how this can be.

Also..

if you have done pure monk 2 times and are on your 3rd life and tr again do you get the 3rd monk past life if you tr into something else like a fighter or something?

thanks

Jingwei
01-31-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd guess that the int breakdown looks something like:

20 drow, base int
8 level ups + enchant
3 tome
2 ship
2 yugo pot
2 lich form
7 epic diabolist robes
2 exceptional (on cinder's band)

Or +2 tome and +1 exceptional int fitted into on of the epic items.

And as for DC:
10 base
18 int bonus
9 spell level

For a base DC of 37.
epic diabolist robes give +3 conjuration, so that's DC 40.

for enchant, possible +2 from feats and +2 from staff of the petitioner for 41.

For necromancy
+2 from feats
+1 from lich form
+2 from staff of the petitioner.
not sure where the last point is coming from.

For evocation.

150% fort from being in lich form (100% fort) and wearing heavy fort (100% fort) then -50% for for having drunk the yugo pot.
Possibly a switchable 2 evocation focus item, and 1 feat? or two feats and the stormreaver's napkin?

----------------

Yes, all passive past life feats, up to three each, apply as long as they give an applicable bonus, no matter what your current life is.

WolfHealr
01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Adding to Jingwei's breakdown:

Evocation gets +3 from the epic Abishai 3-piece bonus for DC40.

Edit: DOH! Forgot this was +3 to CL, not DC. That's what I get for not paying attention :/

Mrmorphling
01-31-2012, 10:09 AM
If the 46 INT is factoring the lich form there is no way he can reach 43 necro (unless counting house D pots or store pots), if the INT is w/o lich we can have:

20 base
8 lvl up + AP
3 except
7 item
2 ship
2 yugo
2 lich
4 tome or 3 tome + litany

48 INT in form for a mod of 19 so you can either subtract one feat for enchant or just +1 from item (napkin) and all other numbers fall in place.

EDIT: We missed the capstone :D assuming he took it:
20 base
8 lvl up + AP
7+3 items
2 capstone
2 ship
2 yugo
2 Tome
46 total ( different breakdown w/o expensive tomes) w/o Lich form 48 with Lich

CheeseMilk
01-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Adding to Jingwei's breakdown:

Evocation gets +3 from the epic Abishai 3-piece bonus for DC40.

The Abishai set is a bonus to caster level, not to DC.

pleistocene
01-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Wow!!

Thank you all for your quick responses!!

And yes the person was in Lich form.

Wait..so this all suggest that PM's are viable to have excellent cc, b/c this guy was webbing everything in e-claw and could hold the stuff in last stand.

We completed claw in 11min and stand in 9min it was ridiculous..

He had 450-480ish hp and 2.3k sp

But yeah this all makes sense to me now so thank you everyone

Mrmorphling
01-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Uhm yes, he was low on HP because he was a Drow and a first life; on a human 2nd life you can easily reach 550+hp with 44nec/43ench/42conj with either a +3tome or a litany or add 1 across the board with both a +4tome and a litany.

Bahgs
01-31-2012, 11:59 AM
if you have done pure monk 2 times and are on your 3rd life and tr again do you get the 3rd monk past life if you tr into something else like a fighter or something?
The past life feat depends on what you TR from, not what you TR to. If you multi-class, the feat is from whichever class had the most levels. If you have an even split it goes to tie breakers which is:

alphabetical for the first classes that were in the game

then

new classes in order of appearance

Essentially, whatever class icon shows up for your character (when you are level 20 and ready to TR) is the class past life feat you will get. What you TR to is irrelevant.

pleistocene
02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Uhm yes, he was low on HP because he was a Drow and a first life; on a human 2nd life you can easily reach 550+hp with 44nec/43ench/42conj with either a +3tome or a litany or add 1 across the board with both a +4tome and a litany.

Yeah, just ran evon1 with 2 elite casters 1 wiz pm the other a water savant. sorc had 550 hp with yugo pot and sorc had 600 hp with yugo pot sorc had 3.3k sp wiz had 2.1k sp but it was absolutely insane how they could just fod everything and i had no idea what they're dc's are but they were both legend lives

The past life feat depends on what you TR from, not what you TR to. If you multi-class, the feat is from whichever class had the most levels. If you have an even split it goes to tie breakers which is:

alphabetical for the first classes that were in the game

then

new classes in order of appearance

Essentially, whatever class icon shows up for your character (when you are level 20 and ready to TR) is the class past life feat you will get. What you TR to is irrelevant.

So right now I'm level 20 pure monk and I can gain the past life feat when I TR to something else?

Uhm a continuation of some other lingering questions...

1. How do you add different colors to text like in your bio and when your talking in party chat or something?

2. Why doesn't myddo work correctly? Like if i try and see the guild ranks I can't see anything past the first page because there is some page error or something? Also..when I try to see what feats a person took on their character it can never display anything past the most recent dates/days, etc..

3. I think I read somewhere awhile ago a public ddo character tracker of some sort a person created but there was a dispute over it whether it was safe to use or a waste because it essentially was power by the myddo to find people's characters. If anyone remembers whats it called can you tell me or post the link please? I really want to know how some people level'd up their casters

Mrmorphling
02-01-2012, 06:45 PM
3. I think I read somewhere awhile ago a public ddo character tracker of some sort a person created but there was a dispute over it whether it was safe to use or a waste because it essentially was power by the myddo to find people's characters. If anyone remembers whats it called can you tell me or post the link please? I really want to know how some people level'd up their casters

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=351295 DDO Viewer