PDA

View Full Version : Make epic shards and seals tradeable

AtomicMew
01-31-2012, 12:02 AM
I think it is about time.

Symerith
01-31-2012, 06:23 AM
I think you are right.

All the veterans have had more time than necessary to complete full sets of epic items on various toons.

What about new players?
The gap between vets & new players (recently capped players) is just enormous.

grgurius
01-31-2012, 06:30 AM
/not signed for same reasons i'm against unbound raid loot, it would only lead to hoarding of items.

I think you are right.

All the veterans have had more time than necessary to complete full sets of epic items on various toons.

What about new players?

Not sure if this is serious, but those new players could try to make epic items the same way those vets did, you know by running epic quests and raids.

Silverwren
01-31-2012, 08:20 AM
/not signed

If you want the rewards, go earn them.

Besides, they already ARE trade-able...........among your own toons via a shared bank account.

LOOON375
01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
No, I like it the way it is even though I don't have a single piece of epic gear yet. Im working on it and I prefer to earn it.

If a change like this is made, NOBODY would have to run a single epic quest to get the epic loot.

Bad idea.

somenewnoob
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
How about instead of this we just increase the drop rate AND add some sort of 10th or 20th epic quest completion where you get a shard or seal that you can pick?

That way you still have to run the epic it drops in a few times to actually get the shard or seal and can't just auction house your way to glory?

Just a thought.

Symerith
01-31-2012, 11:15 AM
/not signed for same reasons i'm against unbound raid loot, it would only lead to hoarding of items.

Not sure if this is serious, but those new players could try to make epic items the same way those vets did, you know by running epic quests and raids.

You are either genuine or clueless.

For the one month the glitch lasted, tons of seals/shards have been traded, leading to veterans being able to craft many more epic items than they should have been able to. This dramatically increased the gap between new players & most vets. The "could try to make epic items the same way those vets did" is rather funny. Sure they could. Would they succeed? No.

It's particularly unfair for those new players. That's the only reason I think things need to be changed.

Such755
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
I think you are right.

What about new players?

So you want veterans to have no advantage over new players?

Cam_Neely
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM

For the one month the glitch lasted, tons of seals/shards have been traded, leading to veterans being able to craft many more epic items than they should have been able to. This dramatically increased the gap between new players & most vets. The "could try to make epic items the same way those vets did" is rather funny. Sure they could. Would they succeed? No.

It's particularly unfair for those new players. That's the only reason I think things need to be changed.

Ok then just punish the people that used a known exploit. I know Turbine would never do that, but its a much more sensible suggestion then changing the bound shards and seals

Enoach
01-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Here is the problem with making Seals and Shards Trade-able...

It makes it so you don't have to run any epic quests to get those epic items - Yes this is the worst case scenario.

Of course Event Epic Items are still available to everyone - such as the cove and mabar.

I like that the House C challenge items require epic materials to complete and these items are now bound to account. But still you need to run Epic quests to get the rewards of epics. I do agree something needs to be done with the drop rates. I've been on many multiple epic quest runs with groups and netted 0 seals/scrolls for anyone in the group. Not asking that we all get something, just think everyone getting skunked after 4 Back to Back Epic Quests seems wrong somehow.

voodoogroves
01-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Hell I'm leveling 2 "boring DPS apes" to run through epic raids because I could be a **** melee DPSer and farm shards with less stress than running my FVS(s) or my wizard.

Ah well.

Silverwren
01-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Ok then just punish the people that used a known exploit. I know Turbine would never do that, but its a much more sensible suggestion then changing the bound shards and seals

Here, here!

Krago
01-31-2012, 12:51 PM

I hardly believe that Epic mats should be tradeable for the sole reason is to make new players on par with vets. The whole reason there is a gap is because the vets have played longer to attain said items.

What incentive does this give Turbine to allow players to short cut playing time to attain end game items? I shudder to think about the solution is to see Epic mats in the store.

krackythehoodedone
01-31-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm undecided here. On one hand their are those that have had a field day recently (we all know why). Others who played with a straight bat lost out bigtime and it seems pretty unfair on them so a sanctioned trade window would be nice.

I am one of the very very few who has pulled a RSS Shard in my name from EADQ1. Pre bug i had shard but needed Seal. Today i still have Shard but no Seal and the chance to make the item legitimately would be great.

The other arguements with trading meaning no Epics & people will not pass them so freely. This is also true to an extent. However the rarity of some items does mean it gives some a bit more of a chance for that item they have always coveted.

Not sure how many others have ground out two years looking for one Stooopid Shard. I am one and that does mean i look at the arguement from a vastly different viewpoint. Two years is a marathon and probably a bit to much in my opinion

madmaxhunter
01-31-2012, 01:17 PM
My take on the issue.

Vet era: Servers were full with players learning to run epics, pre-epic changes.

New era: Servers are way down. Harder to find epic runs. Those that are up are often led by twinkers who will My.DDO anyone that hits the LFM to check gear/build.

Easy to say "earn it the way we did". Unfortunately, that's not really possible now.

Not saying I'm for the OPs idea, just saying that you gotta look at it with clearer eyes.

Worst part is the plat "bugs" made the cheaters multi-millionaires. Then the bag "glitch" let those cheaters get everything they ever desired.

Ravoc-DDO
01-31-2012, 02:48 PM
/not signed

Instead, replace the endreward list with a full list of seals/shards on every 10th completion.

danotmano1998
01-31-2012, 02:55 PM
How about instead of this we just increase the drop rate AND add some sort of 10th or 20th epic quest completion where you get a shard or seal that you can pick?

That way you still have to run the epic it drops in a few times to actually get the shard or seal and can't just auction house your way to glory?

Just a thought.

*ding*
(As discussed in the 300 other threads?)

:)

This^^

You have to run the epic to get your goodie.
You will eventually get it, at worst on your 20th completion.

Done. Everyone wins.

I don't even care if the drop rates go up.
Don't give us more crafting stuff. Don't trade scrolls/seals/shards. In fact, just leave those alone.
Rip out that silly desert scroll trading area. It's a bandaid for a much larger problem.

Fix end rewards, please Turbine.

countfitz
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
I would much rather see a trade window similar to DT armor. Put in 3 seals and 1 Token, crunch for a chance at a different seal. This would mean people would freaking farm the heck out of epics, AND COMPLETE, IN GROUPS, but still have the chance to get what they want in this lifetime.

Or, just the very generous system they have for sands scrolls, but for everything. But that might be "too easy."

But trading, despite the recent bug and how unfair it was to those of us who don't cheat, is too easy.

WruntJunior
01-31-2012, 06:58 PM
I've seen a lot of suggestions for shards/seals/etc...but I think a 10th run end-reward and/or a system similar to the current DT system would be a good idea. At that point, you'd have to do work...but not necessarily endless, fruitless work. Care would be needed to keep seal/shard end rewards from messing up certain quests and all, and they should be done by quest where applicable...but that type of change, I would /sign.

As far as trading shards and seals, I'm not particularly against it...but I don't think it's the right thing for this game.