PDA

View Full Version : Power Leveling for Forgotten Realms Content

Cor_Dath'a
01-30-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't know if the new Forgotten Realms content will be available to characters below level 20. If not, might I suggest you create a power leveling shard? A power leveling shard would allow players to power level their characters a certain number of levels. You could have a +1, +3, and +5 power level shards to limit the number of levels. For example, a character that just made level 17 could use a +1 power level shard (available for purchase in the DDO store, of course) and immediately level to 18. The character would be able to get all of its necessary hit points, spell points, feats, and AP. Or, the same level 17 toon could use a +3 shard and level all of the way to 20. You could place a limit on the number of levels attained with a power shard. So, the same level 17 character would not be able to use a +5 power level shard and level to 22. The power leveling could stop at 20.

This would allow more characters to play in the new content as well as make some money for Turbine.

baronlager
01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
This is buying xp. I can't imagine this will ever be implemented, nor should it in my opinion. That being said, you have more than enough time to hit 20 on a first life toon before this expansion comes out this summer.

RabidKoala
01-30-2012, 04:26 PM
NO. don't want pay to win

Ganolyn
01-30-2012, 04:43 PM
AFAIK the epic stuff is level 20, but I do believe they said you will be able to journey there from level 15+.

herzkos
01-30-2012, 05:07 PM
won't do you any good op. even if you did purchase levels, you wouldn't have the gear
so you'd stand no chance. Also, noone would group with you after they figured out
that you hadn't ground the gear to be effective in the quests (even though we don't
know what gear will be needed in those particular quests yet).

DDO has a system in place for epics. you have to grind to be able to grind
so you can continue to grind the new stuff.

Lithic
01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
You have about 6 months to prepare.

No to buying levels.

die
01-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Weak Tea

HGM-Chi
01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Hmmm, vet status starts you at 7 soon, and a +5 power leveling shard... so really I'd only have to level from 7 to 15?
I can't imagine this being healthy for the game, really.

Chai
01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
You mean I actually have to play the game? I cant even be bothered with all these keystrokes to launch the app and put in my password. :p

This game has too little of an enforced learning curve as it is. Now we want to pay to level?

psi0nix
01-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Probably not the best idea, paying to level cheapens the effort it takes to do it naturally, I'm all for %xp boosts (nothing over 5) but being able to skip an entire level kind of defeats the purpose of playing, you might as well just "buy" a level 20 toon, and then die repeatedly because you don't know how to use it.

Having gear can go either way, I'm a big believer that if you "need" certain gear then your not playing right, but that's just me, you should be able to get by with almost any gear on a decently spec'd toon and a good playing style. (not saying it's not nice to have the good gear, but it's not a dead set need).

There is a fair while till Underdark comes out, plenty to get to lvl 20 even for a casual player or TR.

Kilarthia
01-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Buying levels. Buying ebay characters. It's all the same.. why do people even ask for this? Why even play?

Games are meant to be played, not skipped. The Goal is what everyone wants. The Journey is the experience of the game. If games only gave you your goal off the bat, there wouldn't be an actual game.

Uska
01-30-2012, 08:05 PM
AFAIK the epic stuff is level 20, but I do believe they said you will be able to journey there from level 15+.

no u13 will have stuff leading up to it that is accessible to 15+ the acutally FR stuff is 20

joaofalcao
01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
There are 2 words forbidden to any MMO. They are:

Power Leveling.

Its the most disruptive activity in any MMOs for a good number of reasons. Even if Turbine is on the edge of bankrupting, they wont do a thing of this nature. Its bad for them.

Much better to sell stuff that will make your life easier to get those levels. The longer you play, the most they sell. Much more profit.

Phemt81
01-30-2012, 08:42 PM
They already said they are thinking ways to quicken level up when the expansion will be out. No worries.

dodger72
01-30-2012, 09:02 PM
no.