PDA

View Full Version : Add 3 completion rewards from Amrath items, Tor, Necro and Vale greensteel Mats.

Vengeance777
01-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Please add Vale, Necro 1-4, Gianthold Tor (side entrance not the raid) and Amrath quests to the complete 3 times get a named item from quest lists.

An extra chance at Chipmunk Funk, Green twigs etc every 3 completions of a Vale quest would be much appreciated as running these all day and getting lily petals or other commons isn't fun.

Amrath Boot Mats are a pain to get in a group. They are rare usually 1 a run so it takes a while to outfit a group of 6 with boots. Adding Blood Of Demons for every 3 Bastion of Power completions for example would help a lot.

Weapons Shipment and Wrath of the Flame named items are extremely rare even on elite with the extra chests. I've been in 6 man groups that have ransacked elite weekly for months and still haven't gotten a bauble. A chance at one every 3 completions would be nice.

Gianthold Tor. Its very time consuming to get scales and named items from this quest. A chance at scales and items every 3 completions is much preferable to the current 1 time reward of 10,000 plat.

Necro 1-4 quests. Mainly because crafting Vampirism weapons requires Locus of Vols and you can ransack the quests weekly and never see one. A chance for named loot from all 4 of the Necro series of quests every 3 completions would be nice as well.

Edit: I personally am not looking for any of the above items. I just don't want others to go through the mind numbing farming runs and ransacks with no items found that I've had to endure in the past. I've had to do 100+ runs of quests ti get the item I've wanted. That isn't fun. Everyone should have a guaranteed reward they can work toward reaching that has a chance of giving the item they want. Ransacking these quests once a week would give 2 guaranteed chances to get an item and can encourage players not to abandon all hope of getting the item they seek.

Carpone
01-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Love these suggestions.

Qhualor
01-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Please add Vale, Necro 1-4, Gianthold Tor (side entrance not the raid) and Amrath quests to the complete 3 times get a named item from quest lists.

An extra chance at Chipmunk Funk, Green twigs etc every 3 completions of a Vale quest would be much appreciated as running these all day and getting lily petals or other commons isn't fun.

Amrath Boot Mats are a pain to get in a group. They are rare usually 1 a run so it takes a while to outfit a group of 6 with boots. Adding Blood Of Demons for every 3 Bastion of Power completions for example would help a lot.

Weapons Shipment and Wrath of the Flame named items are extremely rare even on elite with the extra chests. I've been in 6 man groups that have ransacked elite weekly for months and still haven't gotten a bauble. A chance at one every 3 completions would be nice.

Gianthold Tor. Its very time consuming to get scales and named items from this quest. A chance at scales and items every 3 completions is much preferable to the current 1 time reward of 10,000 plat.

Necro 1-4 quests. Mainly because crafting Vampirism weapons requires Locus of Vols and you can ransack the quests weekly and never see one. A chance for named loot from all 4 of the Necro series of quests every 3 completions would be nice as well.

vale ingredients i find easy to get. i run shroud, no lds in my end reward so i choose a vale ingredient. of course ive been playing quite awhile and i have ingredients built up, so i just run vale quests for stones.

amrath i could buy into. however, you can get them now in shroud and as a end reward. got a keepsake as an end reward for doing normal couple days ago. it does suck farming WS over and over for the bauble and arrowhead. took my ranger about 70 completions before he got it passed to him from a guildie. i think seeing a bauble every 3 completions would not be a good idea.

every 3 completions to get scales from tor? it would take some time but there would a light at the end of the tunnel and after a few days to a week you would have your full set. not keen on this idea.

theres a few items from necro quests that are actually useful all the way up to 20. sigil pieces i would like to see because they ARE a pain in my arse to get all of them. maybe things like the scourge choker and DOD were rare to see like the carnifex from deleras.

by doing these things you suggest would make things easier for people to get, reduce the grind considerably and certain items that are usually priced high would lose some of its value. im not against it, but not 100% for it.

Vengeance777
01-27-2012, 05:39 PM
vale ingredients i find easy to get. i run shroud, no lds in my end reward so i choose a vale ingredient. of course ive been playing quite awhile and i have ingredients built up, so i just run vale quests for stones.

every 3 completions to get scales from tor? it would take some time but there would a light at the end of the tunnel and after a few days to a week you would have your full set. not keen on this idea.

End rewards ransack just like chests. I believe its 8 turnins before the reward giver stops giving the reward. Not positive on the exact number but I have ran many quests to the point you get the message that the quest giver will no longer give the reward. Most guaranteed scales a character could get from this would be 2 depending on the end reward ransack timer.

Basically you currently get 8 chances a week to pull a named item from a single chest. Under this you would have 10 chances to get the named item you seek 2 of which your guaranteed to see a named item.

Qhualor
01-27-2012, 05:41 PM
End rewards ransack just like chests. I believe its 7 turnins before the reward giver stops giving the reward. Not positive on the exact number but I have ran many quests to the point you get the message that the quest giver will no longer give the reward. Most scales a character could get from this would be 2 possibly 3 depending on the end reward ransack.

yes, but take into account people who farm tor use multiple toons. so thats double to triple, maybe even quadruple that.

Zenthalas
01-27-2012, 05:43 PM
End rewards ransack just like chests. I believe its 7 turnins before the reward giver stops giving the reward. Not positive on the exact number but I have ran many quests to the point you get the message that the quest giver will no longer give the reward. Most scales a character could get from this would be 2 possibly 3 depending on the end reward ransack.

Please do tell how would one on a 2 day, 18 hour raid timer find themselves ransacked on a raid end reward list?? Shennanigans!!!

Vengeance777
01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Please do tell how would one on a 2 day, 18 hour raid timer find themselves ransacked on a raid end reward list?? Shennanigans!!!

Um Tor isn't a raid. Gianthold Tor is the preraid sideentrance with the 3 dragons. You can run it 8 times a week per toon for scales then the chests ransack. Reavers Fate is the Raid.

yes, but take into account people who farm tor use multiple toons. so thats double to triple, maybe even quadruple that.

Could make the guaranteed end rewards bound to character then. Would that help?

Was only using the once every 3 runs guaranteed list because that's what Turbine is using for the quests they have currently added it too for update 13. For these rarer items you could make it one every 8 so once a ransack for the powerful items.

Zenthalas
01-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Bahh I jumped in feet first, the original post was about shroud ingredients, the rest of the replies were regarding shroud end reward, you threw me a curveball with your GH Tor... well played sir well played.

waterboytkd
01-27-2012, 06:04 PM
I like it. None of the stuff in those quests is desired end-game gear (except, maybe, the amrath stuff, but ToD necklaces and belts shouldn't be hard to acquire, and Baubles are FAR too hard to acquire).

NaturalHazard
01-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Ive gotten most of my tod boot mats from epic/elite DA and now shroud, inclueding my vale mats now, except maybe for devil keepsakes I think ive gotten more from sins than shroud/epic DA but then I run sins ,more for the chance of larges than the devils keepsake.

hmmmm 3 completions to get a chance at a bauble for weapons shipment I like, I guess as long as its a shot not 3 completions and you get it straight away.

Xyfiel
01-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Simpler solution
When Epics are released and levels 1-20 don't have as much value, increase all loot drop percentage. No need to spend X amount of time farming "older" loot that should get replaced at the new end game. Certain items like bauble can remain somewhat elusive.

AylinIsAwesome
01-27-2012, 10:01 PM
If there was an option to have stuff be in the reward list after 10 runs (as well as 3) I think it would be pretty good option for some of the more powerful stuff.

anatomyofaghost
01-27-2012, 10:09 PM
This. A million times this. And stop cluttering up my Shroud end lists with ingredients I can get in the vale. You wouldn't stick relics in Reavers or Tapestries in Abbot...

/signed and +1

Edit: I personally am not looking for any of the above items. I just don't want others to go through the mind numbing farming runs and ransacks with no items found that I've had to endure in the past. I've had to do 100+ runs of quests ti get the item I've wanted. That isn't fun. Everyone should have a guaranteed reward they can work toward reaching that has a chance of giving the item they want. Ransacking these quests once a week would give 2 guaranteed chances to get an item and can encourage players not to abandon all hope of getting the item they seek.

QuantumFX
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
/signed.

Luthe111
01-28-2012, 02:01 AM
having run weapons shipment in excess of 1000 times(no i dont have a life) and still not having recieved a bauble, having people start getting em after 3 runs is neither a good idea, or even remotely fair. people that get baubles spend time on em, for people to just start getting em in a day(solo elite wep ship few times a day or so) would be totally wrong. and in response to the 3 completions and u get a shot at it, u just got 3 shots at it(more depending on difficulty) want a shot, just run the dang thing again

Havok.cry
01-28-2012, 05:44 AM
/signed, nothing else to say... I know shocking, right?..... sometimes I just go on and on and on and on and on... oh wait I should stop now, shouldn't I? Oh well, have to amuse myself while lama downloads.

Crann
01-28-2012, 07:05 AM
having run weapons shipment in excess of 1000 times(no i dont have a life) and still not having recieved a bauble, having people start getting em after 3 runs is neither a good idea, or even remotely fair.

After a thousand runs you still don't have one....and you think thats how it should work?

Luthe111
01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
After a thousand runs you still don't have one....and you think thats how it should work?
admittedly not, but if people start getting em easy, i demand one given to me, and alot else besides

Ausdoerrt
01-28-2012, 11:59 PM
admittedly not, but if people start getting em easy, i demand one given to me, and alot else besides

Think of it this way - if they add it, you finally get your bauble. And a few more for your other toons who might want it.

The "a lot else besides" part is rather silly, sorry. I mean, if your state suddenly lowered your tax rate from 15% to 10%, is it reasonable to go demand the return of anything you paid above 10% over the last 10 years? No. So you ran WS 1000 times and didn't get the bauble, and you want it to stay borked for everyone out of spite? Hardly a good argument.

That said, I think the 3 times is too little overall (for this suggestion and the rest of them). 5 is more like the sweet spot.

Qhualor
01-29-2012, 12:29 AM
things like bauble and ioun stones are highly wanted by people. an every 3 completion list with them on it would make them very easy to get. if they were hard to get before, i would say they should still have a low chance of being on a 3 completion list. what the devs feel are needed to be low drop rates due to game breaking issues, should continue to be. except in this case, theres an extra chance of getting it, so the chance was increased just a tad.

nivarch
01-29-2012, 06:27 AM
I'd still be happy if bauble was on 20th reward list of WS (guaranteed drop). I'm already way past 20 runs and haven't even seen one drop for anyone in the party

zwiebelring
01-29-2012, 06:34 AM
And stop cluttering up my Shroud end lists with ingredients I can get in the vale
I like it because in this way I only have to repeat Shroud every 3 days instead of running the quests and Vale rares over and over again.

I even end up getting 2 green twigs regularly in a Shroud completion.

So, when you plan for 20 Shroud completions, you have a good chance on finding enough base mats and can focus on other content meanwhile, without getting bored. So, please keep cluttering the Shroud endreward list with base mats.

Tapestry and greensteel mats are not anywhere close for a good comparism.

esoitl
01-29-2012, 07:02 AM
They added a special reward after the completion of *chain* quest arcs.

None of these are really chains beyond the Necropolis.
In order to have it like the OP suggests, add in an NPC that makes it a chain.

If someone runs all six Amrath quests three times, then sure, I wouldn't mind seeing a special end reward list made up of items from all the quests combined. Make it similar to how Harbinger of Madness or Assault on Stormreach works now where there are ten choices or so but not every item is on it and I think that can be a compromise.

No easy baubles, but a bit better chance at actually getting one...

Have Giant Hold work the same, the three flagging quests plus Tor is your chain, have scales and the named items in the list and then you're not flooding the market with them.

Luthe111
02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Think of it this way - if they add it, you finally get your bauble. And a few more for your other toons who might want it.

The "a lot else besides" part is rather silly, sorry. I mean, if your state suddenly lowered your tax rate from 15% to 10%, is it reasonable to go demand the return of anything you paid above 10% over the last 10 years? No. So you ran WS 1000 times and didn't get the bauble, and you want it to stay borked for everyone out of spite? Hardly a good argument.

That said, I think the 3 times is too little overall (for this suggestion and the rest of them). 5 is more like the sweet spot.
u misinterpret what i mean. but run 1131 i got it, so no more worries. im not implying just me either, there is whole community of people who dedicate alot of time to getting the darn thing, seems unfair people would just start getting em easy.

Forzah
02-20-2012, 02:21 AM
???

There's nothing wrong with the droprates in any of these quests. In vale you get an ingredient for sure each run, in amrath there are plenty of belts/neckie/boots ingreds dropping; boots ingred had a dramatic increase in droprates anyway. In necro quests sigils drop for sure as well. Tor has a decent chance of finding a dragon scale. Where's the problem? If you want something, work for it... the circumstances really aren't that bad!

Beethoven
02-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Basically you currently get 8 chances a week to pull a named item from a single chest. Under this you would have 10 chances to get the named item you seek 2 of which your guaranteed to see a named item.

You have to actually fight a dragon to get to its chest, whereas ToR completes already upon killing the Gatekeeper. So, it'd make it significantly faster and easier since people no longer would need bother fighting their way to the dragon and killing it.

Finally, ToR (normal) is fairly easy to solo. It's the dragon fights and having to kill a dragon and its giant master the same time people struggle (especially if they solo). I wouldn't mind a system were you get a guaranteed scale for killing the corresponding dragon three times, but that may be hard to implement.

HernandoCortez
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
/signed

Neouni
02-20-2012, 11:32 AM
You have to actually fight a dragon to get to its chest, whereas ToR completes already upon killing the Gatekeeper. So, it'd make it significantly faster and easier since people no longer would need bother fighting their way to the dragon and killing it.

Finally, ToR (normal) is fairly easy to solo. It's the dragon fights and having to kill a dragon and its giant master the same time people struggle (especially if they solo). I wouldn't mind a system were you get a guaranteed scale for killing the corresponding dragon three times, but that may be hard to implement.

I wasn't aware you could solo Tor with an hire standing on the second square without it dieing because it didn't heal itself like usual.
Think Duoing\shortmanning would be a better option.

Rizzyn
02-20-2012, 12:56 PM
I will be happy with any solution that helps reduce "The Grind" and "The Farming". I recognize that there are only X amount of quests to do, and that as you level, the number becomes more finite. Sure, you can repeat old stuff for nostalgia, but by and large, there's no point. I have a capped character that I am planning on TRing; part of my plan is to get some gear set up for him, so at 6/12/18 and 20, he's got solid gear waiting for him. It's a good plan, but it is terribly monotonous. Monotony is not fun.

A fellow above commented that he ran a quest over a thousand times to get one item, that value is upside down. He paid to play this game, as do most of us, and I'm sorry, after 25 runs, you've turned a game into a job, or at least a weekend job. I work plenty at *Work*, I don't need my game to become "work" as well. While I understand that past "Heavy Grinders" might throw their hands up and growl, "Kids Today! Get off my Vale! I remember a time where we had to do Rainbow without the Light, in ten feet of snow, and the only way out was the same way in!" But honestly, even those folks have to realize 1000+, even 100+ isn't the way it should work.

As for the scale armors, its not like its all Epic Red Dragon Plate coming out of there; that's another matter entirely. I'd like a set for a TR, but I can get by without it, and compete evenly with those that do have it. It's more a sign of extreme patience with grinding than it is a feather in the cap. Something has to change. The current mechanics of the game eventually ransacks a given quest; which is ridiculous when you consider why a quest gets ransacked in the first place. Tor, for example, has a few things that people want, and the drop rate is entirely random -- you might get nothing for several runs. Maybe they need to change the ransack rate, or remove it, because as it stands the setup encourages repetition.

And monotony is not fun.

Terebinthia
02-20-2012, 01:09 PM
I'd still be happy if bauble was on 20th reward list of WS (guaranteed drop). I'm already way past 20 runs and haven't even seen one drop for anyone in the party

Yes, this. I've run it at least 40 or 50 times since the change, usually soloing on elite up to the boss and inviting people for the end chest. I've seen it drop once. Once.

20th end reward would seem fair. I actually like the revamped quest. I just hate, hate, hate the grind...

SirShen
02-20-2012, 01:14 PM
u misinterpret what i mean. but run 1131 i got it, so no more worries. im not implying just me either, there is whole community of people who dedicate alot of time to getting the darn thing, seems unfair people would just start getting em easy.

I worked hard to get my bauble on my wiz but im sorry I DONT want others to go though that Grind its no fun. So you want others to feel that Grind, there something abit sick about that.

KillEveryone
02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
/signed

As far as ToR goes, I just killed a dragon and should be able to pick all the scales of that things to make my outfit.

And my babble, I got on my 3rd run of my first life. For someone to grind out 1000+ to get that thing just shows how borked up the loot system is.

SisAmethyst
02-20-2012, 01:18 PM

Ok, so we will run Tor (which is an very easy quest beside the Dragons) just 3 times and get a scale of choice without even killing the dragons?

While I agree they are hard to get, I am sorry but by all love can't sign this...

badbob117
02-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Idk? It is touchy subject. On one hand i feel like we should not have to grind 100+ runs for some infamous item. but on the other hand i feel certain items should be chest pulls only. Whats the point of having all those monsters guarding their precious booty in their chests if the quest giver could have just given us the item to begin with?

I have done my fair share of grinding for Baubles, Bloodstones , Spectral gloves, Madlutes, Planer grids and what not. I usually have no problem getting boot materials. I run amrath a ton for shroud mats as is and what i need i can trade for with others.

There is something that just oozes "easy button" if we got every item we needed after 3 completions. We should not just be given a bauble or planer grid after three runs. It just seems kinda to easy ya know? 3 casual runs is nothing. I would sign if it were 10 or 20, but not 3. 3 is to little. I mean c'mon we gotta put some effort into finding rare loot. We need some grind. It keeps missions run on a daily basis and helps the social aspect a bit .

There should be some in between medium. 3 is to little and 100 is to much... 1000 is just insane.

I have no problem with adding a end reward for Tor though. It is about time that chick starts coughing up some loot..

Aelonwy
02-20-2012, 03:49 PM

I can get behind the Vale and Necro rewards, every 3 completions, just to decrease tedium. Also I'm a little peeved at the devs, they said no named loot in Cannith Crafting yet left the Locus in for some innane reason. But Gianthold Tor? You can complete without even facing the dragons. How about once every 3 completions you get a single named item to showup on a loot list, which could include the scales but won't guarantee them? Of course including scales thats 27 items so... more likely to get something less wanted than moreso. Still some kind of guaranteed chance at a named item is better than none. Also I agree with Badbob, if you've been farming for scales awhile the effort involved makes Cydonie's one time reward insulting.

Dolphious
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
I generally like the idea of some chance at named items after x completions, it would be nice if those quest reward lists weren't generally so pointless in the end game. OTOH I agree with some other comments that this shouldn't apply to really rare things like the bauble. There should continue to be some items that are genuinely rare, as it adds a certain fun mystique.

I do prefer when those really rare items are unbound though (like Ioun stones, DoD, etc), then you can trade your super-rare for someone else's, and you don't have to endlessly far the same quest for a particular item (which is nuts, and why I've basically given up looking for a baubble).

Stormanne
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
In general, I support this idea. But, I think some things, like optional objective chests, would need special consideration. The very point of making them optional would be rendered moot, if you received what ever special reward for completing said optional, in the completion reward list, every three completions. So, I guess I would say that I'm all for this for any special/named loot that drop in chests that are within the main arc of the quest. Any optional special/named loot would be outside the "three completion rule."

And this is from someone with probably the most atrocious loot luck in the game.

danotmano1998
02-22-2012, 01:37 PM

An extra chance at Chipmunk Funk, Green twigs etc every 3 completions of a Vale quest would be much appreciated.

Possibly, but now that these drop in the shroud end list like candy, it's less useful.

Amrath Boot Mats are a pain to get in a group..

I have more boot mats from Shroud end rewards and Devils assault than I have ever got from the Amrath quests.. It would be nice to have these offered every 3 completions, but they are hardly rare anymore.

Weapons Shipment and Wrath of the Flame named items are extremely rare ... ransacked elite weekly for months and still haven't gotten a bauble. A chance at one every 3 completions would be nice.

Feeling your pain here. Have yet to ever see one myself!

Gianthold Tor. Its very time consuming to get scales

And the armor you can get made is hardly worth the effort. Massively not worth the effort, IMO. These scales should be a lot more common.

CanuckWisdom
02-22-2012, 02:03 PM
The Tor scales really really should be more common.

The armor is just not that good, with properties like 10% ranged attack speed that doesnt stack with haste, the appeal is limited. They do look cool. But the 'meh' enchantments and not-low minimum levels really don't make the items as valuable as the grind is annoying.

danotmano1998
02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
While I understand that past "Heavy Grinders" might throw their hands up and growl, "Kids Today! Get off my Vale! I remember a time where we had to do Rainbow without the Light, in ten feet of snow, and the only way out was the same way in!"

I lol'd at this. Thanks for that mental image.
*sees a grumpy adventurer decked out in every piece of epic gear staring down a level 3 con-dumped gimp ranger with korthos gear on*

Ok, so we will run Tor (which is an very easy quest beside the Dragons) just 3 times and get a scale of choice without even killing the dragons?

While I agree they are hard to get, I am sorry but by all love can't sign this...
Bad idea, you're right. Having each of those chests after the dragons getting bumped up to a 25% chance at a scale seems a lot more reasonable.