PDA

View Full Version : max dex help

darthbbd
01-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I see tons of info/charts/guides, etc telling what armors give you what bonus for max dex, but what is that. How do I kniow what dex I need to wear what armor. Like if I have a paladin that gets full plate, do I need 12 dex to get the max dex bonus or do I need 14 dex, how do I determine that?

C-Dog
01-27-2012, 03:02 PM
No, no - it works the other way around. (Confoozling, yes.)

"Max Dex" is the maximum amount of the Character's Dex that is applied to defense when using that type of Armor. So, if an Armor of AC # has a "Max Dex +2", then...

Dex = 8 or 9 (-1), then AC = #-1
Dex = 10 or 11 (+0), then AC = #
Dex = 12 or 13 (+1), then AC = #+1
Dex = 14 or 15 (+2), then AC = #+2 (maxed)
Dex = 16 or 17 (+3), then AC = #+2 (maxed)
Dex = 18 or 19 (+4), then AC = #+2(maxed)
Dex = 30 or 31 (+10), then AC = #+2 (still maxed)

So high-Dex characters can make the most of higher-dex armors, while lower-Dex charactrers just tank up and are no worse off for it.

(Note - at the higher levels of the game, Lvl 12 or so, all but the tankiest characters stop worrying and wear clothes/armor that provides other benefits. You'll learn more about that as you go.)

Krago
01-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Just to add on to what C-Dog said,

The armor will tell you how much of a dex bonus it will add to the Armor bonus given by the armor if you examine the description.

Realize the material the armor is made up of could offer other benefits, (ie, Mithral offers +2 dex bonus). So Mitral Full Plate would offer +3 Max Dex bonus to armor. So a 16 dex gives full armor bonus from your Dex stat.

darthbbd
01-27-2012, 03:14 PM
so in my example, for a paladin, I should not even worry about high dex and just get the biggest armorI can, since my AC will be about the same anyway (not gonna rais mny dex by 4 or 6 points juust to get 1 more AC bonus, not worth it.